March 18, 2024, 11:01:36 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: RBN # 15 - 6/21/05  (Read 364973 times)
nisxan
Scared Monkey

« Reply #580 on: June 21, 2005, 01:22:53 PM »

Not to be a spoilsport, but...

I believe that polygraph test require a "yes" or "no" answer. Anything more complex is difficult to read since parts of the answer may be true and parts may be false.

Then again, if you truly BELIEVE what you're saying, the test really won't work. And if you are under a great deal of stress, it may not give you very accurate results as well.
TexasSugarfoot
Scared Monkey

« Reply #581 on: June 21, 2005, 01:23:11 PM »

Having been the parent of a missing child, I can relate to what NH's family is going thru. You grab on to any piece of information no matter how minor or absurd it may seem. If you think someone may know something, you want to grab them by the throat and shake it out of them, someone will have to hold you back to keep you from grabbing them. Time means nothing so it doesn't even enter your mind that beating on a door at 1am may not be the most approproiate way to handle it. You waffle between dispair and hope. Your life is a roller coaster of ups and downs with the always present fear underlying everything. A million times a day you are asking yourself "Where is my Child??" You feel totally helpless. A mother is suppose to protect her child but how can you do that if you can't find your child? You become crazed and insistant and demanding. If walking down the aisle nude in a Sunday church service would bring your child home, you'd parade naked all the way to the church.  It has been 16 years since my child was missing but the memories are fresh and raw as if it were yesterday.

Now having first hand knowledge of the emotions the Holloway family is going thru, I know how easy it is to go "over the top". I have grave reservations about them hiring an attorney to sue the government for release of information. I know they are desperate for any kind of knowledge pretaining to their daughter,but I fear that their actions may jeopordize the case that the police are building. From what I understand, the Aruban system is very much different than what we are accustomed to in the US. I truely hope that any legal council they hire will be able to lead them thru this. How sad would it be for this to be thrown out of the Aruban courts because of over-anxious Americans.
amillerwvu
Scared Monkey

« Reply #582 on: June 21, 2005, 01:23:53 PM »

three questions....hmm..

1.  Where and when did you last see Natalee Holloway?
2. Was Natalee alive the last time you saw her?
3. Do you know where Natalee is now?
americaninaruba
Scared Monkey

« Reply #583 on: June 21, 2005, 01:23:59 PM »

Quote from: "Rob"
Quote from: "da wench"
Quote from: "bamajo"
Quote from: "Compananzi"
Special device is a voice analyser, not a polygraph.  This equipment is as sophisticated as the poly,  Detective believes she is alive but not on the island, and would like to question father, stepfather, mother..etc..

was this info on the radio?

I'd like to know what gives them reason to believe she is still alive other than the fact a body has not been found.

after all they have slung around murder charges.....

AgAIN remmebr we are nto GIVEN ALL INFORMATION!!! remmeber themruder charges were published through media who knows how old that is??!! again they ARE brigning in this test and it WAS performed already.....but its not exactly like the polygraph just somethign similar and just as accurate

Just when you think you've hit rock bottom,someone throws you a shovel
cancon
Scared Monkey

« Reply #584 on: June 21, 2005, 01:24:08 PM »

you do wonder why the case of the missing Boy Scout gets 5 minutes and this case gets 55 minutes on Fox........
Rob
Monkey All Star

« Reply #585 on: June 21, 2005, 01:25:16 PM »

Quote from: "Kelly"
Special device is a voice analyser, not a polygraph.  This equipment is as sophisticated as the poly,  Detective believes she is alive but not on the island, and would like to question father, stepfather, mother..etc..

measures stress levels, correct?

Where did you hear this!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  I can't take any more false info that holds hope then gets knocked right down hahha Crying or Very sad

i did nt say that they were conducting a voice analyser test, i asked if the machine measures stree in the voice.....

Truth, Justice and the American Way.

+++

~ livin' the life I was born to live - givin' it all I've got to give ~
Scarlet
Scared Monkey

« Reply #586 on: June 21, 2005, 01:25:39 PM »

I am sorry you had to go through that Texas.
Kipster
Scared Monkey

« Reply #587 on: June 21, 2005, 01:25:56 PM »

>>you do wonder why the case of the missing Boy Scout gets 5 minutes and this case gets 55 minutes on Fox........

"foreign intrigue"

americaninaruba
Scared Monkey

« Reply #588 on: June 21, 2005, 01:26:09 PM »

Quote from: "nisxan"
Not to be a spoilsport, but...

I believe that polygraph test require a "yes" or "no" answer. Anything more complex is difficult to read since parts of the answer may be true and parts may be false.

Then again, if you truly BELIEVE what you're saying, the test really won't work. And if you are under a great deal of stress, it may not give you very accurate results as well.
yes i heard that someties a polygraph can even incriminate you for something youdidnt do....just because your enrvouse you can get completely differnt readings, thats why in the US its nOT obligatory becaseu many people were screwed by the polygraph and later were shown tobe innocent but becaseu f there nervousness they mess it up,,,,,imean imagine your innocent and there accusign you of a crime how nervouse would you be? it be shitting bricks!

Arlee
Scared Monkey

« Reply #589 on: June 21, 2005, 01:26:24 PM »

Wasn't me that said it.  (Dash's mom -- arbeej on TA)  Seems I saw it on another post somewhere but it was news to me.

Dash doesn't know the roommates' account of events.  As stated before, Natalee could have been assumed to be staying in a friend's room (as many did) or staying up all night (as many did, some by the pool, some elsewhere).  Any one or all of the roommates might also have stayed up all night elsewhere.  Or any or all of them could have fallen asleep & hence wouldn't have known what time or if Natalee had come by the room at some point.  Of all the suggestions I've heard on message boards, *nobody* has considered that they might have been asleep!  Isn't that the first thing one would assume?

The roommates are still in an understandable state of shock.  I certainly wouldn't be able to speak to the press -- or anyone, for that matter -- in those circumstances.  And the FBI might very well have forbidden them to speak at this point.

So, anybody else heard that rumor about kids waiting in the lobby for her?  Or know the origin?  It may well be true, but I'm not the source and I don't know.  Dash was by the pool with 10-15-20 others, though.

Quote from: "mbhs05"
Quote from: "mbhs05"
Quote from: "CancunMole"
I do not believe that anyone sat in the lobby all night to track who in the MB group was in and not in which has been implied. If you have ever been to the HI, you can't see the driveway from the pool area.

jac, you are right.  i have a now 24 yo nephew who was arrested for trafficking cocaine.  if you looked at him, you would not think him a "druggie", he's nice, clean cut, has manners etc., but he did it for the $$$.   it was an easy way for him to make some money and live a nice lifestyle while in college.

and CM, it has been said that some of the MBHS crew waited until 5:00 a.m. in the lobby for Natalee, and she did not show.

Where'd ya here that?

i can't verify at this moment, but i think i read it on the TA post that was posted by someone's mother?  dash's maybe?  i don't remember.  i've read so much, and i do specifically remember reading that information on a post somewhere by someone's parent.  i do apologize for being so vague, but i just don't remember where i read it.  is that a false report?  i humbly apologize if it is.

I was just curious because I haven't heard that from any of my friends. THere were a lot of people at the pool, but they weren't waiting on her, or anything.
bendex
Scared Monkey

« Reply #590 on: June 21, 2005, 01:26:30 PM »

Quote from: "Angiex911dsptchr"
Bendex..  what 3 questions would YOU yourself ask?

IDO NOT KNOW IT IS VERY DIFFICULT . THAT IS WHY I ASK YOUR OPINIONS. I THINK I WOULD ASK QUESTIONS TO ESTABLISH A MOTIVE IF THERE IS.

1. WHERE DID YOU MEET NATALEE
2. DID YOU LOVE HER ?
3. AND IF YOU CAN GO BACK IN TIME WHAT WOULD CHANGE ?

Only the facts
da wench
Scared Monkey

« Reply #591 on: June 21, 2005, 01:26:35 PM »

Quote from: "TexasSugarfoot"
Having been the parent of a missing child, I can relate to what NH's family is going thru. You grab on to any piece of information no matter how minor or absurd it may seem. If you think someone may know something, you want to grab them by the throat and shake it out of them, someone will have to hold you back to keep you from grabbing them. Time means nothing so it doesn't even enter your mind that beating on a door at 1am may not be the most approproiate way to handle it. You waffle between dispair and hope. Your life is a roller coaster of ups and downs with the always present fear underlying everything. A million times a day you are asking yourself "Where is my Child??" You feel totally helpless. A mother is suppose to protect her child but how can you do that if you can't find your child? You become crazed and insistant and demanding. If walking down the aisle nude in a Sunday church service would bring your child home, you'd parade naked all the way to the church.  It has been 16 years since my child was missing but the memories are fresh and raw as if it were yesterday.

Now having first hand knowledge of the emotions the Holloway family is going thru, I know how easy it is to go "over the top". I have grave reservations about them hiring an attorney to sue the government for release of information. I know they are desperate for any kind of knowledge pretaining to their daughter,but I fear that their actions may jeopordize the case that the police are building. From what I understand, the Aruban system is very much different than what we are accustomed to in the US. I truely hope that any legal council they hire will be able to lead them thru this. How sad would it be for this to be thrown out of the Aruban courts because of over-anxious Americans.

I'm very sorry to hear about your missing child.  I can't imagine that kind of pain.  I hope you get answers as well as NH's family.

Absense diminishes small loves and increases great ones, as the wind blows out the candle and fans the bonfire.
rogers
Scared Monkey

« Reply #592 on: June 21, 2005, 01:26:50 PM »

Quote from: "HannieC"
I still wonder, why is there so less info about the brothers? They are just as suspect as joran, but you don`t hear anything, while joran and his family are being constantly in the news!

That's because he was portrayed early on as being priviledged and his father was a judge.  So "obviously" he was manipulating the system.
There are many people convinced that this is still the case.  I have never been one of them.
Kelly
Scared Monkey

« Reply #593 on: June 21, 2005, 01:27:00 PM »

Quote from: "Kelly"

measures stress levels, correct?

Where did you hear this!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  I can't take any more false info that holds hope then gets knocked right down hahha Crying or Very sad

i did nt say that they were conducting a voice analyser test, i asked if the machine measures stree in the voice.....

i was responding to comanzani's comment rob...sorry should haev specified..just wondering where he heard that they think she is alive and why they think this

Kelly
pinemeadows
Scared Monkey

« Reply #594 on: June 21, 2005, 01:27:07 PM »

I have grave reservations about them hiring an attorney to sue the government for release of information. I know they are desperate for any kind of knowledge pretaining to their daughter,but I fear that their actions may jeopordize the case that the police are building.

I think someone clarified a couple pages back that they are NOT sueing anyone!  They hired an attorney to file a claim to obtain information on evidence gathered, or something to that effect.
americaninaruba
Scared Monkey

« Reply #595 on: June 21, 2005, 01:28:49 PM »

TexasSugarfoot i am very sorry to hear you ahd to go through something like that...but i would like to ask you a question and you can hate me forever and not answer but i have to try......did you get half the attention this case is getting??and dothey have ANY idea waht happend to your child?

rogers
Scared Monkey

« Reply #596 on: June 21, 2005, 01:29:12 PM »

Having been the parent of a missing child, I can relate to what NH's family is going thru. .

I hurt for you, just from the opening line.  Sugerfoot, was your child ever found?
klowe
Scared Monkey

« Reply #597 on: June 21, 2005, 01:29:37 PM »

I know i am way behind, and i apologize if this has already been speculated, but is there a possibility that the FBI or PI might have accessed Natalees aol acct to see if there was prior correspondence between Natalee and Joran?

Klowe

Quote from: "KerinTX"
The AOL login is probably a rumor but, if not, yes...it could be the family. Or it could also be the family contacted AOL and requested a "look" at her account. 21 days and little to no news...Holloways probably said "the approach we have taken so far hasn't worked..let's go to Plan B". They still have done nothing to break the law.

**come home safely and soon Natalee**
Rob
Monkey All Star

« Reply #598 on: June 21, 2005, 01:29:41 PM »

Quote from: "bendex"
Quote from: "Angiex911dsptchr"
Bendex..  what 3 questions would YOU yourself ask?

IDO NOT KNOW IT IS VERY DIFFICULT . THAT IS WHY I ASK YOUR OPINIONS. I THINK I WOULD ASK QUESTIONS TO ESTABLISH A MOTIVE IF THERE IS.

1. WHERE DID YOU MEET NATALEE
2. DID YOU LOVE HER ?
3. AND IF YOU CAN GO BACK IN TIME WHAT WOULD CHANGE ?

love? ...hes a playboy, playa, pimp wanna be... this you know....

Truth, Justice and the American Way.

+++

~ livin' the life I was born to live - givin' it all I've got to give ~
SPSII
Scared Monkey

« Reply #599 on: June 21, 2005, 01:29:42 PM »

They should just give the boys truth serum.

From South US....praying for Natalee's safe return home.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.