March 19, 2024, 12:13:27 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: RBN # 15 - 6/21/05  (Read 364983 times)
Angiex911dsptchr
Monkey All Star

« Reply #80 on: June 21, 2005, 08:34:27 AM »

Quote from: "north-of-north"
Hi
And thanks for the welcome!
I have been on the computer for 45 min and 3 weeks reading. Just peeked out to say Hi.
That said... I need to go till my garden before a big storms hits! With that storm this computer may be off for a long time.
Maybe I will get something done around my house today!
Have a good day everyone...
I will be praying as I work in my garden.
take care!

Have a good day. Nice meeting you.
friend of monkeys
Monkey Junky

« Reply #81 on: June 21, 2005, 08:36:46 AM »

morning all new and old.  i have fox on and just saw about the search team on its way.    but no news of Natalee???  
This is so sad.   I love this SM site but am like most tired of all the
waiting and hoping and praying.   Any good news???  did dj
taylor have baby?? that would give us a smile right??

peace to all
Angiex911dsptchr
Monkey All Star

« Reply #82 on: June 21, 2005, 08:37:24 AM »

Quote from: "Gerben aka Pays Bas"
This lawsuit will not even reach the court formally while the investigation is still ongoing.  The family having acces to policerecords even before miss Holloway is found is unheard of and might even jeopardize the case in court. So why bother suing now?.  The results of the investigation can only be given formally to the family after the investigation is closed. That means, miss Holloway is either found or still missing with the suspects confessing a murder.

I don't see any legal problems in mounting a search on the Island. Everybody is free to look around on the Island. But they will not get access to records of the police and JD.

On Fox news it was said that this wont even make it to the judge until the suspects are formally charged.
Hubmd
Scared Monkey

« Reply #83 on: June 21, 2005, 08:38:59 AM »

Hi

As an aruban I have a question for you. Why is the disappearance of Natalee being covered by the mainstream media like no other disappearance?

I know the two indians mother. She is a very quiet person. Maybe something wrong happened and her sons are involved. My son knows all of them. Even though there is the possibility of a crime or anything else nobody expected this.

What is really happening? What is behind all this? Unfortunately Aruba is situated along the coast of Venezuela and Colombia and is 2:30 hrs flight to Florida. But why this? Could it be prevented? Are there more people involved? I would like to volunteer myself to help find this lady, if she is here in Aruba, dead or alive. My hope is that the overreaction and disproportional coverage by the CNN and FOX news is not part of a hidden agenda.

My hope is also that this mystery will contribute positively to the aruban safety and quality.

Thank you for your understanding. You are welcome to come to Aruba.
Angiex911dsptchr
Monkey All Star

« Reply #84 on: June 21, 2005, 08:39:13 AM »

Quote from: "friend of monkeys"
morning all new and old.  i have fox on and just saw about the search team on its way.    but no news of Natalee???  

Morning friend. Really no new news other then the search team arriving in Aruba sometime tonight and the family wanting to file a law suit to gain access in records.. Thats all I have heard this morning so far. I have FOX news on in the other room.
Angiex911dsptchr
Monkey All Star

« Reply #85 on: June 21, 2005, 08:42:41 AM »

Quote from: "Hubmd"
Hi

As an aruban I have a question for you. Why is the disappearance of Natalee being covered by the mainstream media like no other disappearance?

I know the two indians mother. She is a very quiet person. Maybe something wrong happened and her sons are involved. My son knows all of them. Even though there is the possibility of a crime or anything else nobody expected this.

What is really happening? What is behind all this? Unfortunately Aruba is situated along the coast of Venezuela and Colombia and is 2:30 hrs flight to Florida. But why this? Could it be prevented? Are there more people involved? I would like to volunteer myself to help find this lady, if she is here in Aruba, dead or alive. My hope is that the overreaction and disproportional coverage by the CNN and FOX news is not part of a hidden agenda.

My hope is also that this mystery will contribute positively to the aruban safety and quality.

Thank you..God Bless.  I am sure this is a hard time for everyone in Aruba as well.
iquitos
Scared Monkey

« Reply #86 on: June 21, 2005, 08:43:40 AM »

This lawsuit will not even reach the court formally while the investigation is still ongoing.  The family having acces to policerecords even before miss Holloway is found is unheard of and might even jeopardize the case in court. So why bother suing now?.  The results of the investigation can only be given formally to the family after the investigation is closed. That means, miss Holloway is either found or still missing with the suspects confessing a murder.

I don't see any legal problems in mounting a search on the Island. Everybody is free to look around on the Island. But they will not get access to records of the police and JD.

tv (think cnn) this morning describing their motion is to join the prosecution as a victims rep to gain more access to the process.  they say this is automatic in the dutch system.  is that true?
momto5
Scared Monkey

« Reply #87 on: June 21, 2005, 08:44:57 AM »

Hi

Hi hubmd and welcome! There are a couple of other arubans also on this board and we welcome your opinions and insight!
I believe the reason this case has captivated our attention is that Natalee could be anyones daughter. Personally, I have a 16 yr old daughter myself, and I also have had a son abducted. That is why I am interested in helping find this young lady. I know the devastation a missing child can cause and how horrible it feels.
CNN and Fox will continue running reports as long as Americans are interested and ask them to. I dont think there is any hidden agenda aside from high rating for their network.
Thanks for letting us know about the boys mother. We had wondered why she hadnt been speaking or anything. It is understandable to not want the attention though. Again welcome  Very Happy

"Truth is generally the best vindication against slander. " ~ Abraham Lincoln
festa
Scared Monkey

« Reply #88 on: June 21, 2005, 08:46:33 AM »

Good morning everyone.  Usually just "lurking" but very curious about "rumors" that have been posted that I have not seen updated.  Sorry if this a repeat.  Regarding one of the suspects supposedly attempting suicide, was there anymore to this rumor and if so could it have been Joran and that is why he is not being moved to the prison.  Also, what about the story reported on FOX (i know lol we should suspect misinformation right away) with I believe a reporter regarding following a car in Venezuela...yadayadaya.... He just pull that out of the air?..... what's up????
Angiex911dsptchr
Monkey All Star

« Reply #89 on: June 21, 2005, 08:46:52 AM »

Quote from: "momto5"
Hi

Hi hubmd and welcome! There are a couple of other arubans also on this board and we welcome your opinions and insight!
I believe the reason this case has captivated our attention is that Natalee could be anyones daughter. Personally, I have a 16 yr old daughter myself, and I also have had a son abducted. That is why I am interested in helping find this young lady. I know the devastation a missing child can cause and how horrible it feels.
CNN and Fox will continue running reports as long as Americans are interested and ask them to. I dont think there is any hidden agenda aside from high rating for their network.
Thanks for letting us know about the boys mother. We had wondered why she hadnt been speaking or anything. It is understandable to not want the attention though. Again welcome  Very Happy

How is the boys mother holding out??? She is a mother as well and I am sure she is going through her own hell right now as well.
pinemeadows
Scared Monkey

« Reply #90 on: June 21, 2005, 08:47:19 AM »

So if a case goes on for years, under Dutch law the family will never gain access to any records at all???  For years?  If the person/body is never recovered, the case can't be closed, or can it?  

Someone must know something; the family hired an Aruban lawyer, and she certainly would have told them this.
Angiex911dsptchr
Monkey All Star

« Reply #91 on: June 21, 2005, 08:47:57 AM »

Quote from: "festa"
Good morning everyone.  Usually just "lurking" but very curious about "rumors" that have been posted that I have not seen updated.  Sorry if this a repeat.  Regarding one of the suspects supposedly attempting suicide, was there anymore to this rumor and if so could it have been Joran and that is why he is not being moved to the prison.  Also, what about the story reported on FOX (i know lol we should suspect misinformation right away) with I believe a reporter regarding following a car in Venezuela...yadayadaya.... He just pull that out of the air?..... what's up????

Morning Festa.. I myself havnt heard anymore about any of that!!
la_cavalière
Scared Monkey

« Reply #92 on: June 21, 2005, 08:48:26 AM »

Bonjour Gerben. Comment ça va?

The searchers will need permission to search any private lands. Is the interior of the island mostly public or private property? I also wonder if the team is bringing in their own horses or using horses from the island.
Another K in Texas
Scared Monkey

« Reply #93 on: June 21, 2005, 08:51:25 AM »

I dont' think there is a hidden agenda either.  

They are also covering the missing boy scout story.

Americans follow these stories.  We were glued to television for news of Elizabeth Smart.  

Some of us older ones watched Baby Jessica trapped in the well.

The people are interested so the networks cover.

Shows like America's Most Wanted are popular.

Why some missing persons provoke more of that national interest than others I don't know.

We are programmed to be interested because most of us know someone who has had a child taken.  It is that common, but most of the time it is a child custody problem.

We see missing kids faces on mild cartons and as we walk into Walmart.

So we feel so for the family and friends that we watch.  If we watch the networks sell commercials.  So they cover the stories.

I don't think there is any hidden agenda exept perhaps the newstaff really enjoy the free trips to Aruba they get from their bosses.

Welcome to the forums.

My heart breaks for all the mothers in this situation.
floridamom
Scared Monkey

« Reply #94 on: June 21, 2005, 08:52:54 AM »

Quote from: "Angiex911dsptchr"
Hi

Thank you..God Bless.  I am sure this is a hard time for everyone in Aruba as well.

Hello Hubmd! I agree with Momto5 and will add that for a lot of Americans, the fascination is the mystery element (whodunnit?). In America, details are released to the media (like throwing a bone to a pack of hungry dogs), and it allows the public to theorize and try to solve the case.  As long as the public demands it, the media will continue to report (even if there is nothing new) because of the ratings. Also, keeping the story in the media increases the likelihood that she will be found.

For me, I am interested because I grew up in the near vicinity of Mountain Brook and it makes the story more personal. I think that most Americans do not "blame" Aruba or Arubans for this tragedy. Please ignore the few bags of hot air that keep calling for a boycott (Dee Fine, etc.). These things unfortunately could happen anywhere, and quite often do in America. I could easily have been her 20 years ago.
Rob
Monkey All Star

« Reply #95 on: June 21, 2005, 08:53:02 AM »

excellent point, i dont see any info being released for aprox.3 more months....

Truth, Justice and the American Way.

+++

~ livin' the life I was born to live - givin' it all I've got to give ~
Angiex911dsptchr
Monkey All Star

« Reply #96 on: June 21, 2005, 08:53:44 AM »

Quote from: "Another K in Texas"
I dont' think there is a hidden agenda either.  

They are also covering the missing boy scout story.

Americans follow these stories.  We were glued to television for news of Elizabeth Smart.  

Some of us older ones watched Baby Jessica trapped in the well.

The people are interested so the networks cover.

Shows like America's Most Wanted are popular.

Why some missing persons provoke more of that national interest than others I don't know.

We are programmed to be interested because most of us know someone who has had a child taken.  It is that common, but most of the time it is a child custody problem.

We see missing kids faces on mild cartons and as we walk into Walmart.

So we feel so for the family and friends that we watch.  If we watch the networks sell commercials.  So they cover the stories.

I don't think there is any hidden agenda exept perhaps the newstaff really enjoy the free trips to Aruba they get from their bosses.

Welcome to the forums.

My heart breaks for all the mothers in this situation.

Morning to you...Gosh I remember the baby jessica incident.. and I agree with everyhthng you said!!  Good post!
Rob
Monkey All Star

« Reply #97 on: June 21, 2005, 08:55:26 AM »

Hi

sir the "agenda" here is to find natalee.....nothing more nothing less, thats the way we americans are, when someone goes missing we help to find them....

Truth, Justice and the American Way.

+++

~ livin' the life I was born to live - givin' it all I've got to give ~
mojo
Scared Monkey

« Reply #98 on: June 21, 2005, 08:55:32 AM »

so Rob are you going on the assumption that the prosecutor's office in this case will continue to detain these guys the maximum amount of time allowed and then charge them.

from a prosecutorial POV this would indeed give them time to get their ducks in a row IMO

The state of the condition insults my intuition
americaninaruba
Scared Monkey

« Reply #99 on: June 21, 2005, 08:55:47 AM »

Quote from: "friend of monkeys"

yes true....well tnx for asking but no not yet! Ive been checking in every couple ofhours "nothign yet??" so I sound liek the commercial! hahahah good news: her mother arrived from the islands to be w/ her, so thats good for the help.....ill let you know when ITS TIME LOL!

Just when you think you've hit rock bottom,someone throws you a shovel
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.