March 18, 2024, 09:24:17 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: RBN # 15 - 6/21/05  (Read 364959 times)
HannieC
Scared Monkey

« Reply #840 on: June 21, 2005, 02:47:15 PM »

Getagrip wrote:
Questions and request for comments for our Aruban and Dutch friends - I hope this is not taken the wrong way - I would simply be intenrested in getting a feel for the 'soft' factors affecting this investigation.

- How would you see the working relationship between the Dutch investigators and the FBI?
we know that the FBI has absolutely no jurisdiction in Aruba, and the Aruban authorites, given their lack of experience and extreme media scrutiny, would presumably have handed the Dutch investigators a large role

- We have heard about the tensions between Arubans and Dutch nationals (common in many former colonies), would the Dutch investigators be looking after the interests of the Dutch nationals (the vdS's)?

My interest in this, is that we have 3 groups involved, to differing degrees, in this investigation.

The Arubans want to crack this case, but have virtually no experience with this type of case, and have limited resources for investigating this type of case - potential damage to their tourism (which employes 50% of the islanders), their image as the safest island in the Caribbean, etc.

The Dutch have one of their nationals involved. Aruba, as a protectorat of the Netherlands, presumably remits funds to them to cover Foreign Affairs and Defense, so they also have an interest of preserving Aruba's integrity. Have been awarded great latitude in the investigation, even if they don't have de facto jurisdiction in Aruba.

The FBI, several agents deployed, interest in cracking the case which involves the disappearance of an American national. They also need to preserve good relationship with Aruba and the Dutch - this is needed in the long term as far as their DEA involvement in the island.

As far of your 1st question; I don`t see anything wrong with the help of the FBI, b/c any help is needed I think. As far as jurisdiction, I think that must be just it "help"and advice not they can take over the case or something because the are not in the US.

As far for your 2nd question;  They certainly not give the vds any other
treatment b/c they are 'dutch', all suspects will be handled the same way.

As far for your 3th;  I think the majority of the dutch have no tension at all with arubians and antillians, and that that is more something of a media and political issue. I know I haven`t!

Hope you understand it a little because it`s difficult to explain it in english Very Happy

If you create a theory, you fall in the trap of trying to fit the facts to your theory...
rogers
Scared Monkey

« Reply #841 on: June 21, 2005, 02:47:19 PM »

Quote from: "thecuz"
hi, i've noticed a few postings from a couple different people who are from mountain brook.  as natalee's cousin, i have encountered and befriended a few of her closest friends who are from there over the years.  i am anxious to speak with anyone who is close to natalee and/or who was with natalee on the trip.  i feel by speaking to some of her friends, i could get a better picture as to what the scenario was in aruba.  please send me a private message back, and i might not be able to check them until tomorrow.

MB kids, proceed cautiously, if at all.
Chef_Hoovisan
Scared Monkey

« Reply #842 on: June 21, 2005, 02:47:40 PM »

Quote from: "Compananzi"
What quote did Natalee have on her HS year book?

...The initial broadcast of Holloway family where they ask for Natalee to come back and resolve somekinda friction?

The quote was from Lynyrd Skynyrd's "Free Bird": "If I leave here tomorrow, would you still remember me? For I must be travelin' on now. 'Cause there's too many places I've got to see."

What initial broadcast are you talking about? I sure don't remember hearing that at all.
waitingtoknow
Scared Monkey

« Reply #843 on: June 21, 2005, 02:47:42 PM »

Quote from: "KackyLacky"
holy crap is that steve croes in that one photo?

I think it sure looks like him, but others here have told me I am wrong.
STEVE HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH THE REASON I AM QUESTIONING THE PHOTOS....I am only looking at 1st slide - guy with black cap...and 3rd slide..panty boy
Kelly
Scared Monkey

« Reply #844 on: June 21, 2005, 02:47:56 PM »

Quote from: "joebob"
Quote from: "Kelly"
Quote from: "klaasend"
Quote from: "waitingtoknow"
I FINALLY found those pics that we were talking about ROB.... if anybody is interesting in seeing what we were talking about... "pantyboy" looking like the guy in the pic with the brother...here is the link

http://photobucket.com/albums/a213/marigotbay/?action=view¤t=jaipur.jpg

compare 1st slide - guy with the black cap
AND
3rd slide - "pantyboy"

When these were posted there was alot of confusion as to who was being identified.  I agree that the man in the black cap looks to be the same person as the "pantie boy".

So "panty boy" had been associated with the four suspects...hmmmm..anyone else find that to be strange that he was the one that happened to "stumble" across possible "key evidence" at the time?

You can't draw that conclusion from those photos.  Those photos have been photochopped.

well the one in the middle hadnt been chopped..the one on the left has...then one in the middle is one of hte brothers with him....again, i am not concluding anything!

Kelly
PoorPaulaNNJ
Scared Monkey

« Reply #845 on: June 21, 2005, 02:48:04 PM »

Hairline, teeth, and eyebrows -positioning- look different. Is it me?
da wench
Scared Monkey

« Reply #846 on: June 21, 2005, 02:48:21 PM »

Quote from: "friend of monkeys"
Quote from: "Catriana"
Quote from: "CaliGirl"
Quote from: "KerinTX"
Quote from: "friend of monkeys"
Quote from: "KerinTX"
YOU BEST NOT BE MAD DAWGING ME...I'LL BUST YOU UP!!!

WORD!!!  Mr. Green

KERIN
I have impotant questiion please!!!

perhaps it has been asked before...
how do i get some kind a picture on my left side??
u can p/m me if you want.

maybe this will all result in a
new  language thing called "monkeylingtop"
what a dialect... good thing rob doesn't knnow pap yet
he will be better off !!! some crazy cross between spanish,dutch/
indian/dutch/english/ that only smunderstand but not officially
nada es oifficiall i aqiu para exhapla....

bgo to socas!!!

FOM...I will PM you. Do you know what kind of picture you want? Yours? A monkey?  Smile

I saw a comercial this morning for careerbuiler.com that made me think of Tom, Red and all of you.. I about peed my pants because it was one guy in an office full of munkeys...one part of the comercial had a moneky with it's pants down on the copier..lmao I thought of FOM!!!!!!!

For the record, the one with their pants down on the photo copier, was NOT me!
 Rolling Eyes  Rolling Eyes

i just spit coffee all over my screen!!!

Stop, I'm gonna wet myself!

Absense diminishes small loves and increases great ones, as the wind blows out the candle and fans the bonfire.
jac723
Scared Monkey

« Reply #847 on: June 21, 2005, 02:48:42 PM »

ROB-Those pics are very interesting!So this kid who seems to have been associated with these boys, ironically is the guy that found the items?

Now THOSE two pics DOES look like the same person--facial structure-lips, mouth, eyes etc---

I know it was mentioned before--how he let the police know-but he also went and was touching the items when he wasn't supposed to be.....

Jennifer
Rob
Monkey All Star

« Reply #848 on: June 21, 2005, 02:48:50 PM »

Quote from: "KackyLacky"
holy crap is that steve croes in that one photo?

I think it sure looks like him, but others here have told me I am wrong.
STEVE HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH THE REASON I AM QUESTIONING THE PHOTOS....I am only looking at 1st slide - guy with black cap...and 3rd slide..panty boy

i know that....1 and 3 are the same person.. im sure...

Truth, Justice and the American Way.

+++

~ livin' the life I was born to live - givin' it all I've got to give ~
KerinTX
Monkey Junky

« Reply #849 on: June 21, 2005, 02:48:59 PM »

Quote from: "joebob"
Quote from: "klaasend"
I FINALLY found those pics that we were talking about ROB.... if anybody is interesting in seeing what we were talking about... "pantyboy" looking like the guy in the pic with the brother...here is the link

http://photobucket.com/albums/a213/marigotbay/?action=view¤t=jaipur.jpg

compare 1st slide - guy with the black cap
AND
3rd slide - "pantyboy"

When these were posted there was alot of confusion as to who was being identified.  I agree that the man in the black cap looks to be the same person as the "pantie boy".

So "panty boy" had been associated with the four suspects...hmmmm..anyone else find that to be strange that he was the one that happened to "stumble" across possible "key evidence" at the time?

You can't draw that conclusion from those photos.  Those photos have been photochopped.

exactly

"What a tangled web we weave when first we practice to deceive"
CaliGirl
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #850 on: June 21, 2005, 02:49:11 PM »

Quote from: "jac723"
I know I mentioned this in a response with other info..

Does anyone know if NH was into the internet as far as her own webpage/Blogs like the 3 or 4 guys were.

One ? there would be--Did they communicate online through them before.  

Or did she post how she was going to Aruba after graduation--then maybe the 3 saw that--decided to watch out for her.

No contact before Aruba because of several factual reasons..

Joran asked for her email address and Kerin and I are covered in post-it notes with every single friend, webpage etc lol We sort of have a friend tree and suspect affliation webpage trail... lol

Natalee's mom also said she did not know them before.
Kelly
Scared Monkey

« Reply #851 on: June 21, 2005, 02:49:13 PM »

who knows, i dont know what im talking about...i think its time i move on from the picture assumptions

Kelly
jlspence
Scared Monkey

« Reply #852 on: June 21, 2005, 02:49:30 PM »

Quote from: "iquitos"

no point, i just associated the poor turnout with the comment on possible difficulty of recruiting travel facilitators for 130 some party animals on an all inclusive trip to a party island.

Poor turnout?  I was surprised that that many of the kids went - but then again, Mountain Brook is an affluent area.  Despite what people may think, not all Americans are wealthy and trips to Aruba are expensive.  Party animals?  Where did you get your information that all the kids were "party animals"?
friend of monkeys
Monkey Junky

« Reply #853 on: June 21, 2005, 02:49:33 PM »

Quote from: "Chef_Hoovisan"
Quote from: "Compananzi"
What quote did Natalee have on her HS year book?

...The initial broadcast of Holloway family where they ask for Natalee to come back and resolve somekinda friction?

The quote was from Lynyrd Skynyrd's "Free Bird": "If I leave here tomorrow, would you still remember me? For I must be travelin' on now. 'Cause there's too many places I've got to see."

What initial broadcast are you talking about? I sure don't remember hearing that at all.

i heard a song called
who let the dogs out woolld b nxt!

peace to all
PoorPaulaNNJ
Scared Monkey

« Reply #854 on: June 21, 2005, 02:49:51 PM »

The young man with the beanie on looks like him to me.
da wench
Scared Monkey

« Reply #855 on: June 21, 2005, 02:50:15 PM »

So cuz...how did Nat get her nickname???

Absense diminishes small loves and increases great ones, as the wind blows out the candle and fans the bonfire.
veme
Scared Monkey

« Reply #856 on: June 21, 2005, 02:50:31 PM »

Quote from: "thecuz"
hi, i've noticed a few postings from a couple different people who are from mountain brook.  as natalee's cousin, i have encountered and befriended a few of her closest friends who are from there over the years.  i am anxious to speak with anyone who is close to natalee and/or who was with natalee on the trip.  i feel by speaking to some of her friends, i could get a better picture as to what the scenario was in aruba. please send me a private message back, and i might not be able to check them until tomorrow.[/quote]

Long lost cousin probably. Didn't get the Christmas newsletter.
 Wink

Sorry for the spelling & typos..... I'm a  funtional illiterate.
GreatOwl
Monkey Junky

« Reply #857 on: June 21, 2005, 02:51:18 PM »

Quote from: "jac723"
I know I mentioned this in a response with other info..

Does anyone know if NH was into the internet as far as her own webpage/Blogs like the 3 or 4 guys were.

One ? there would be--Did they communicate online through them before.  

Or did she post how she was going to Aruba after graduation--then maybe the 3 saw that--decided to watch out for her.

It probably was the other way around.  Joran and his group seemed to look for those schools who had a record of coming to Aruba.  I think I read somewhere that this was the fifth year in a row that MB had taken this trip for seniors.  I am sure someone from the class was communicating with someone in Aruba just based upon the odds.  who those people were would be anyones guess.  They do not necessarily need to be anyone mentioned with this case.  It could have been completely innocent.

"May you have the hindsight to know where you've been,
 the foresight to know where you're going and
 the insight to know when you've gone too far."
Rob
Monkey All Star

« Reply #858 on: June 21, 2005, 02:51:33 PM »

you know guys, i cant believe i cant get anywhere with this case...something is missing. there must be someone else involved...beyond papa vd sloot..

Truth, Justice and the American Way.

+++

~ livin' the life I was born to live - givin' it all I've got to give ~
someone
Scared Monkey

-
« Reply #859 on: June 21, 2005, 02:52:06 PM »

I've been watching this board from the very beginning.  It used to be a vital place to get information before the MSM.  Now it seems as if this forum is so bogged down with meaningless chat that the true "leads" from the arubans are lost.

Also, everyone is so protective of their theories and if someone posts something that could be considered by small minded people as offensive they will be considered "trolls" or kicked off.  The way you people go about labeling people looks as if you're in the third grade.

I think you overlook the fact that many people have legitimate views but you immediately bash them...many opinions are being lost.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.