March 19, 2024, 02:12:15 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: RBN # 15 - 6/21/05  (Read 364997 times)
iquitos
Scared Monkey

« Reply #860 on: June 21, 2005, 02:52:31 PM »

Quote from: "HannieC"
Getagrip wrote:
Questions and request for comments for our Aruban and Dutch friends - I hope this is not taken the wrong way - I would simply be intenrested in getting a feel for the 'soft' factors affecting this investigation.

- How would you see the working relationship between the Dutch investigators and the FBI?
we know that the FBI has absolutely no jurisdiction in Aruba, and the Aruban authorites, given their lack of experience and extreme media scrutiny, would presumably have handed the Dutch investigators a large role

- We have heard about the tensions between Arubans and Dutch nationals (common in many former colonies), would the Dutch investigators be looking after the interests of the Dutch nationals (the vdS's)?

My interest in this, is that we have 3 groups involved, to differing degrees, in this investigation.

The Arubans want to crack this case, but have virtually no experience with this type of case, and have limited resources for investigating this type of case - potential damage to their tourism (which employes 50% of the islanders), their image as the safest island in the Caribbean, etc.

The Dutch have one of their nationals involved. Aruba, as a protectorat of the Netherlands, presumably remits funds to them to cover Foreign Affairs and Defense, so they also have an interest of preserving Aruba's integrity. Have been awarded great latitude in the investigation, even if they don't have de facto jurisdiction in Aruba.

The FBI, several agents deployed, interest in cracking the case which involves the disappearance of an American national. They also need to preserve good relationship with Aruba and the Dutch - this is needed in the long term as far as their DEA involvement in the island.

As far of your 1st question; I don`t see anything wrong with the help of the FBI, b/c any help is needed I think. As far as jurisdiction, I think that must be just it "help"and advice not they can take over the case or something because the are not in the US.

As far for your 2nd question;  They certainly not give the vds any other
treatment b/c they are 'dutch', all suspects will be handled the same way.

As far for your 3th;  I think the majority of the dutch have no tension at all with arubians and antillians, and that that is more something of a media and political issue. I know I haven`t!

Hope you understand it a little because it`s difficult to explain it in english Very Happy

ARE THEY NOT ALL DUTCH NATIONALS (CARRIERS OF DUTCH PASSPORTS) ?
another monkey
Scared Monkey

« Reply #861 on: June 21, 2005, 02:52:37 PM »

Quote from: "mbhs05"
Quote from: "littletxlady"
Quote from: "veme"
Quote from: "momto5"
Quote from: "mbhs05"
Quote from: "klaasend"
I have got a question maybe someone can answer regarding the Texas Equine S&R.

How are the horse transported?

Is the plane made up like a stock trailer?

Do the horses need to be preped before a flight? Change in feed or water? Sedated?

Does a vet go with the group?

How many horses are going?

Just wondering. I've got animals & know the kinds of stuff you can into moving them. God Bless Texas.
Thanks! Smile

I don't think they are taking horses, they are taking dogs and sonar equipment.

Thanks! I didn't  know. I just assumed it was horses. Smile

I'm betting they'll take the horses. They'll be useful in the hard-to-reach places. See my above post.

If they dont take horses it might be they are planning on gaining use of horses already on the island.

I wouldn't think so.  There is an old saying to the effect " A horse & rider share a great secret". It has to do with the understanding that a particular horse has with a particular rider.
A horse & rider  work like a team/couple. There is a great amount of affection on both sides. That type of work wouldn't be the best time to "switch horses". Smile

Ditto
There is another old saying "Don't swithch horses in the middle of the steam"
Horses and owners have an unspoken and almost magical relationship with each other.

Too true...but like I said, competent riders should be able to ride any horse. So it's possible that they could be using island horses.

Rancho Notorious has a lot of horses and they are really cool people....
jagz2u
Scared Monkey

« Reply #862 on: June 21, 2005, 02:52:48 PM »

Quote from: "waitingtoknow"
Quote from: "Kelly"
Quote from: "waitingtoknow"
I FINALLY found those pics that we were talking about ROB.... if anybody is interesting in seeing what we were talking about... "pantyboy" looking like the guy in the pic with the brother...here is the link

http://photobucket.com/albums/a213/marigotbay/?action=view¤t=jaipur.jpg

compare 1st slide - guy with the black cap
AND
3rd slide - "pantyboy"

When these were posted there was alot of confusion as to who was being identified.  I agree that the man in the black cap looks to be the same person as the "pantie boy".

So "panty boy" had been associated with the four suspects...hmmmm..anyone else find that to be strange that he was the one that happened to "stumble" across possible "key evidence" at the time?
uhhh maybe a distraction???   I don't know...just seems strange that he works for TOP95

If you meant panty boy worked for TOP85,...I thought I read earlier the SGC is the nephew of a big wheel at TOP95
KerinTX
Monkey Junky

« Reply #863 on: June 21, 2005, 02:52:53 PM »

Quote from: "friend of monkeys"
Quote from: "Chef_Hoovisan"
Quote from: "Compananzi"
What quote did Natalee have on her HS year book?

...The initial broadcast of Holloway family where they ask for Natalee to come back and resolve somekinda friction?

The quote was from Lynyrd Skynyrd's "Free Bird": "If I leave here tomorrow, would you still remember me? For I must be travelin' on now. 'Cause there's too many places I've got to see."

What initial broadcast are you talking about? I sure don't remember hearing that at all.

i heard a song called
who let the dogs out woolld b nxt!

FOM!!!!!  Shocked What has gotten into you today, my friend???? ROFLMBAO

"What a tangled web we weave when first we practice to deceive"
Yellow Ribbon
Scared Monkey

« Reply #864 on: June 21, 2005, 02:53:24 PM »

Quote from: "rogers"
Quote from: "thecuz"
hi, i've noticed a few postings from a couple different people who are from mountain brook.  as natalee's cousin, i have encountered and befriended a few of her closest friends who are from there over the years.  i am anxious to speak with anyone who is close to natalee and/or who was with natalee on the trip.  i feel by speaking to some of her friends, i could get a better picture as to what the scenario was in aruba.  please send me a private message back, and i might not be able to check them until tomorrow.

MB kids, proceed cautiously, if at all.

thecuz,

You should probably start by contacting your aunt or your uncle. I bet they would be happy to hear from you. They could also tell you how to get in touch with her friends.
friend of monkeys
Monkey Junky

« Reply #865 on: June 21, 2005, 02:53:28 PM »

Quote from: "GreatOwl"
Quote from: "jac723"
I know I mentioned this in a response with other info..

Does anyone know if NH was into the internet as far as her own webpage/Blogs like the 3 or 4 guys were.

One ? there would be--Did they communicate online through them before.  

Or did she post how she was going to Aruba after graduation--then maybe the 3 saw that--decided to watch out for her.

It probably was the other way around.  Joran and his group seemed to look for those schools who had a record of coming to Aruba.  I think I read somewhere that this was the fifth year in a row that MB had taken this trip for seniors.  I am sure someone from the class was communicating with someone in Aruba just based upon the odds.  who those people were would be anyones guess.  They do not necessarily need to be anyone mentioned with this case.  It could have been completely innocent.

important qurstion...
was this post u saw in english or papiamento???? Rolling Eyes
ARRRIBBBAAA!!

peace to all
PoorPaulaNNJ
Scared Monkey

« Reply #866 on: June 21, 2005, 02:53:31 PM »

On, NO!!!!!! Utah boy found.
tarmand
Scared Monkey

« Reply #867 on: June 21, 2005, 02:53:36 PM »

Quote from: "Getagrip"
Quote from: "Getagrip"
Quote from: "KerinTX"
unless it has changed, tickle only states "visited within last week, month, etc" unlike myspace which shows exact date and time. I monitor those sites for a school district but almost exclusively myspace

Here's one from Steve Croes network that shows 'visited today'
http://connect.tickle.com/profile/index.html?id=uaCGTquExJsTAGaT

Hmmm, unless Steve has changed genders this appears to be a female?  Very Happy

Here's one (omitted: profile)  from Steve Croes network that shows 'visited today'

Not Steve Croes (obviously), just some girl on his 'network' Wink

What I think is being said here is that if the tickle site is recording MY visit and stating "visited within last week" it should be stating "visited today".  So a natural assumption is that it is recording the owner's visit - not visitors.
rogers
Scared Monkey

« Reply #868 on: June 21, 2005, 02:53:57 PM »

Quote from: "jlspence"
Quote from: "iquitos"

no point, i just associated the poor turnout with the comment on possible difficulty of recruiting travel facilitators for 130 some party animals on an all inclusive trip to a party island.

Poor turnout?  I was surprised that that many of the kids went - but then again, Mountain Brook is an affluent area.  Despite what people may think, not all Americans are wealthy and trips to Aruba are expensive.  Party animals?  Where did you get your information that all the kids were "party animals"?

And let me take exception to the "party island".   People do go there to have a good time, but generally not a wild time.  There is Cancun or places in the States for that.
Y'alls Psychic Detective
Scared Monkey

« Reply #869 on: June 21, 2005, 02:53:57 PM »

Missing Boy Scout Brennan Hawkins found alive re CNN!!
Arlee
Scared Monkey

« Reply #870 on: June 21, 2005, 02:54:01 PM »

Quote from: "CaliGirl"
BTW not sure is this was stated, I know for a fact no one but the FBI armed with some great search warrants could find out from AOL if Natalee signed on.

Can we let that rest in peace now?

Very Happy  I think I am grumpy today lol

Sorry to pursue!  But only makes my question more puzzling...  

Knowing that mere access is not enough to surmise that Natalee herself was online (could have been parents, investigators, etc.) AND THAT NO ONE ELSE BUT VERY HIGH-END INVESTIGATORS could even find out it was accessed,  THEN WHO leaked the information, and FOR WHAT PURPOSE?

Is it a ploy to suggest through the media that the case is a hoax, a runaway situation?  Who benefits?  

I am very, very curious about this.
PoorPaulaNNJ
Scared Monkey

« Reply #871 on: June 21, 2005, 02:54:02 PM »

On Fox Now, but not saying dead or alive.
jac723
Scared Monkey

« Reply #872 on: June 21, 2005, 02:54:04 PM »

Quote from: "rogers"
Quote from: "thecuz"
hi, i've noticed a few postings from a couple different people who are from mountain brook.  as natalee's cousin, i have encountered and befriended a few of her closest friends who are from there over the years.  i am anxious to speak with anyone who is close to natalee and/or who was with natalee on the trip.  i feel by speaking to some of her friends, i could get a better picture as to what the scenario was in aruba.  please send me a private message back, and i might not be able to check them until tomorrow.

MB kids, proceed cautiously, if at all.

I agree--wouldn't any family member be involved already and know info--I am sure there is a phone chain or something that relays info--not coming here.  And if they knew closest friends--why not talk to them directly????????

Jennifer
Whodunit?
Scared Monkey

« Reply #873 on: June 21, 2005, 02:54:08 PM »

Does anyone really believe that there were only pictures of prom & graduation on it?  Would you tote a camera all the way to one of the most beautiful islands in the world and not take ANY pictures?

Just wondering......

“We may have all come on different ships, but we're in the same boat now.” ~MLK, Jr.
Rob
Monkey All Star

« Reply #874 on: June 21, 2005, 02:54:08 PM »

Quote from: "someone"
I've been watching this board from the very beginning.  It used to be a vital place to get information before the MSM.  Now it seems as if this forum is so bogged down with meaningless chat that the true "leads" from the arubans are lost.

Also, everyone is so protective of their theories and if someone posts something that could be considered by small minded people as offensive they will be considered "trolls" or kicked off.  The way you people go about labeling people looks as if you're in the third grade.

I think you overlook the fact that many people have legitimate views but you immediately bash them...many opinions are being lost.

hurling insults while remaining anomyomuos, usually brings out the discord in ppl....

Truth, Justice and the American Way.

+++

~ livin' the life I was born to live - givin' it all I've got to give ~
iquitos
Scared Monkey

« Reply #875 on: June 21, 2005, 02:54:28 PM »

I THOUGH PANTY BOY WAS A DJ.  HE WAS PRETTY DUMB ON CAMERA I RECALL AND NBC SHOULD HAVE BEEN ASHAMED OF THEMSELVES FOR BUYING THAT PIECE.
KackyLacky
Scared Monkey

« Reply #876 on: June 21, 2005, 02:54:28 PM »

Good logic.
What about Satish and Deepak?  Why do you think they agreed to the HI story in the first place.

perhaps because they were afraid some of Natalee's friends saw her actually get in the car, and could describe the car. They could have made the inital story up, then they had several days to get daddy VDrS's input on it.  Then the bros get arrested and realize the jig is up, and start telling the truth, that is, that the let joran and Natalee off near the marriott. I think joran probably did text message deepak and with a tease as to what he was able to get, not realizing Natalee was near death. Then he couldn't wake her up and left her on the beach to run and call his dad for help.
I just think some how the brothers are not that involved. I think this is a VDrS event. Perhaps the dad covering for the son.
waitingtoknow
Scared Monkey

« Reply #877 on: June 21, 2005, 02:54:38 PM »

Quote from: "Kelly"
who knows, i dont know what im talking about...i think its time i move on from the picture assumptions
I tried...but it was brought up again...and I do know what I am talking about...but will keep my assumptions to myself and will just say to those who don't believe...told ya so....ha ha ha ha ha  (this is not directed at anybody)...for now...I move on
PoorPaulaNNJ
Scared Monkey

« Reply #878 on: June 21, 2005, 02:54:54 PM »

Quote from: "Y'alls Psychic Detective"
Missing Boy Scout Brennan Hawkins found alive re CNN!!

OMG!!!!!!
That's incredible!
CaliGirl
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #879 on: June 21, 2005, 02:55:14 PM »

OMG now I am literally crying from laughing so hard...

Remember yesterday when we were talking about elder VDS being chased by the press... well..

Here's the monkey over in Aruba trying to get a scoop.. roflmaopimp

http://www.vatanappally.com/images/funny_monkey.jpg
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.