March 29, 2024, 02:10:06 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: RBN # 15 - 6/21/05  (Read 365505 times)
iquitos
Scared Monkey

« Reply #220 on: June 21, 2005, 10:01:10 AM »

Quote from: "bamajo"
Quote from: "iquitos"
You have to look past the gore to get the info.  Thats why I have to watch FOX to glean the crumbs of real info they put out among the trash.   Warning, watching FOX may be emotionally gory too.  

Judging from their statements the last couple of days the Twittys are on a big time spear campaign against the v/d Sloots.  "Jug" used name calling, obnoxious slimeball, he turns my stomach, etc, to refer to the father.  This is a technique of personalization and demonization typical of the Southern lynch mob mentality  Hang em first and then try to figure out if they did anything wrong.  It is distasteful and uncivilized.  The southern charm mask has fallen.  Their motives are beyond reproach but their methods are geting pretty crude.  The funny thing is they are trying to get Joran to speak by blasting him on a TV he is not watching.  What is the point?    They will not pressure the Dutch legal system.  Is this an indirect way of putting the heat on the cops.  Or is it just a sensational and empty appeal?

just my humble opinion, but i don't agree with the "lynch mob" mentality accusation.  i think he is a man and a father (albeit a "step") who loves this little girl, sees his wife (whom i'm sure he loves very much) in turmoil/hell, and is frustrated with the arubian LE and is desperate to get Natalee back and just wants to this thing to end.

also, i believe although i cannot prove it, but i do believe "hangings" were first introduced in the west, not the south.
pairofdivers
Scared Monkey

« Reply #221 on: June 21, 2005, 10:01:12 AM »

Quote from: "Angiex911dsptchr"
HELP! Im sorry I have multiple posts.. I get that d~bug thing.. didnt happen to me until now.. what do I do when that happens?? Sorry!

Morning Angie,

Yeah, I get that from time to time.
I just click "Back" and go back to the forum. Then a refresh, and you should see your post. If not, you can hit me later.  Smile
chloe2
Scared Monkey

« Reply #222 on: June 21, 2005, 10:02:04 AM »

HELP! Im sorry I have multiple posts.. I get that d~bug thing.. didnt happen to me until now.. what do I do when that happens?? Sorry!

Ignore it and return to the forum via the blue link in the upper left corner (below the monkeys.)  Your post does show up - no need to post again.
americaninaruba
Scared Monkey

« Reply #223 on: June 21, 2005, 10:02:05 AM »

Quote from: "Kelly"
AMericaninaruba- i know you live there so i am not tryin to tell you are wrong, just what that guy said that greta interviewed last night...while they walked around to all the houses of the suspects! Laughing

Im sorry can you inform me about this?I dont get that channel here (sorry)

Just when you think you've hit rock bottom,someone throws you a shovel
absolut
Monkey Junky

« Reply #224 on: June 21, 2005, 10:02:14 AM »

Quote from: "bamajo"
You have to look past the gore to get the info.  Thats why I have to watch FOX to glean the crumbs of real info they put out among the trash.   Warning, watching FOX may be emotionally gory too.  

Judging from their statements the last couple of days the Twittys are on a big time spear campaign against the v/d Sloots.  "Jug" used name calling, obnoxious slimeball, he turns my stomach, etc, to refer to the father.  This is a technique of personalization and demonization typical of the Southern lynch mob mentality  Hang em first and then try to figure out if they did anything wrong.  It is distasteful and uncivilized.  The southern charm mask has fallen.  Their motives are beyond reproach but their methods are geting pretty crude.  The funny thing is they are trying to get Joran to speak by blasting him on a TV he is not watching.  What is the point?    They will not pressure the Dutch legal system.  Is this an indirect way of putting the heat on the cops.  Or is it just a sensational and empty appeal?

just my humble opinion, but i don't agree with the "lynch mob" mentality accusation.  i think he is a man and a father (albeit a "step") who loves this little girl, sees his wife (whom i'm sure he loves very much) in turmoil/hell, and is frustrated with the arubian LE and is desperate to get Natalee back and just wants to this thing to end.

also, i believe although i cannot prove it, but i do believe "hangings" were first introduced in the west, not the south.

Jug may be the most frustrated in the family, he is the step father. He has to watch his wife anguish over her biological daughter. Her Ex has been out looking everyday for her. Jug can make very few decisions in any of this and his hands are tied in more ways than I can tell you. I am saying anything negative here, just that jug is probably used to taking matters into his own and hands formulating a plan or not and implementing.
BlueKyGirl
Scared Monkey

« Reply #225 on: June 21, 2005, 10:02:19 AM »

annd said that satish went to some other school, but that joran was classmates with deepak and that is why the guy said that out of the three, other than the brothers obvisouly bein close.that deepak and joran were close friends

It seems like Deepak is connected to everyone--friends with Joren from school (if they indeed went to the same school); brothers with Satish; and friends with Steve Croes from the Internet cafe. It seems like everything is focusing on Joren but something's very suspicious about the brothers' involvement--especially Deepak. I'm also trying to figure out where Steve Croes comes into play, because he's being portrayed as a nice guy--and people on the blogs have said he's nice, too. All this speculation is driving me crazy--but I'm addicted!
Angiex911dsptchr
Monkey All Star

« Reply #226 on: June 21, 2005, 10:02:45 AM »

Quote from: "pairofdivers"

Morning Angie,

Yeah, I get that from time to time.
I just click "Back" and go back to the forum. Then a refresh, and you should see your post. If not, you can hit me later.  Smile

Thank you..! Smile
bamajo
Scared Monkey

« Reply #227 on: June 21, 2005, 10:03:36 AM »

Quote from: "Another K in Texas"
iquitos, I usually agree with all you say, but that lynch mob comment was a little much.

The family has had three weeks to wait for the father of Joran to act like a gentleman.  I suspect if he called him a slimeball it is because that is exactly what he believes he is.

I don't put it all down to cultural reserve.  Surely Aruba has a touch of the mi casa es su case hospitality found in Hispanic cultures, even with the dutch influence.

Father should have been out helping organize searches, calling on the family daily to see what he could do to help.

If my son was the last to see a girl alive, and he was innocent and I believed he was innocent, then that is what I would be doing.

very well said, and as the mother of two little boys, i would be doing the same thing if my teenaged son were innocent, heck, even if he was not innocent, i would be helping and/or cooperating in anyway i can to help find her.
Another K in Texas
Scared Monkey

« Reply #228 on: June 21, 2005, 10:03:58 AM »

I don't think that guy showing her around knew what he was talking about a big part of the time.
gaijin
Scared Monkey

« Reply #229 on: June 21, 2005, 10:04:29 AM »

Quote from: "pinemeadows"
Judging from their statements the last couple of days the Twittys are on a big time spear campaign against the v/d Sloots.  "Jug" used name calling, obnoxious slimeball, he turns my stomach, etc, to refer to the father.  This is a technique of personalization and demonization typical of the Southern lynch mob mentality  Hang em first and then try to figure out if they did anything wrong.  It is distasteful and uncivilized.  The southern charm mask has fallen.  Their motives are beyond reproach but their methods are geting pretty crude.

Ouch!

Good grief, this family has been to hell and back...cut them some slack.

Problem is...they are IN hell...and HAVENT been able to get back.
pinemeadows
Scared Monkey

« Reply #230 on: June 21, 2005, 10:04:33 AM »

because  Americans have a very short attention span and they can be stirred up easily to go in with the troops on any pretense.  We are good at  dishing it out but they can't take it.  

I think you're crossing a line here....take the gloves off.
iquitos
Scared Monkey

« Reply #231 on: June 21, 2005, 10:04:47 AM »

AMericaninaruba- i know you live there so i am not tryin to tell you are wrong, just what that guy said that greta interviewed last night...while they walked around to all the houses of the suspects! Laughing

Greta's interlocutor was probably wrong according the some very astute reseachers on scared monkey who are way ahead of greta.
chloe2
Scared Monkey

« Reply #232 on: June 21, 2005, 10:05:48 AM »

Nice job on the newsfeed, absolut.  Noticed someone on there (edited: someone commenting on ScaredMonkeys ABOUT the newsfeed) suggested Croes went in voluntarily for the reward. Hmm. If that's so, seems it backfired. <NOTE: just rumor and speculation -- nothing to back it up -- commenting on a comment I saw.>
PoorPaulaNNJ
Scared Monkey

« Reply #233 on: June 21, 2005, 10:05:53 AM »

LilOrphan;
I like Riehl and I like here...both are excellent, especially with Satellite Monkey ArubaGirl and the other Satellite Monkeys...I forgot the names, sorry.

To AmericaninAruba and ArubaGirl; In regards to something you said along the lines of do you think Aruba will donate money after bashing? Would you? If you could, donate money? I know that I, even if my country was being bashed, would donate money. I think Aruba is like U.S. in that way. No one wants to be looked down on or bashed, but when it comes to the nitty-gritty, we're on board and want to help. Wrong is always wrong no matter where you live, and Right/good is always the side the majority wants to be on.
Just my opinion.
I see you come here every day, even when trolls are blasting, yet you still return to help! That is right/good and nothing can change thank. Thanks, AmericaninAruba and ArubaGir and othersl!
tarmand
Scared Monkey

« Reply #234 on: June 21, 2005, 10:06:46 AM »

AIA, hang in there.  Don't take it personally that people are bashing Aruba.  If this case were in Moutainbrook, Alabama, people would be bashing the police department there.  A few years ago, we had a serial killer murdering women in our area and you wouldn't believe the bashing that the local police received.  Most Americans (me included) have watched too many episodes of CSI, where the crime is solved in an hour, and we don't realize that it's not that simple in real life.  I'm sure the Aruba officials are doing all they can and we should be happy that they've let any American officials help with the case since they didn't have to do that.  Do I wish they would find Natalee quickly?  Yes.  Do I think that is going to happen?  No.  This is real life and we have to accept that these things aren't always that easy.  What is easy, however, is for us to sit here and play arm-chair quarterback, second guessing every move they make, when we aren't there and don't know what they are or are not doing.  We've also come to expect the MSM to keep us informed.  But, that's not always the best thing to do for the case and we need to accept that fact.  If they solve the case and find that Joran murdered Natalee, wouldn't it be heartbreaking for the family and everyone else involved if they couldn't put him away for his crime because  our need to know every little detail had compromised the case to where he couldn't be convicted?
Kelly
Scared Monkey

« Reply #235 on: June 21, 2005, 10:06:52 AM »

AMericaninaruba----Yeah i think he said it was through Email!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Kelly
jagz2u
Scared Monkey

« Reply #236 on: June 21, 2005, 10:07:18 AM »

Quote from: "chloe2"
Quote from: "americaninaruba"
Quote from: "jagz2u"
I agree, re everyone remembering Aruba if they obstruct Nat's mom.  Ya know, after three weeks, most folks world wide are starting to ask the question, "Are the Aruban law enforcement officials just inept, or are they trying to kidd glove this case."  I know already that I will in all likelihood never visit that Island, just because of this case.

well you knwo ir espect your opinion and everythign but since when were crimes solved so quickly in the US? I mean there are cases that ahve gone on for years......I mean how do we not know shes alive? I mean if the US police is so competent where are all those missing children then? I mean come on do we really ahve to have those speculations?? how about chandra levy?1 whole year in W.D.C and that was w/ FBI and all the large enforcements....why cant this be the same thing???

Just my opinion

American in Aruba -- please don't respond to these digs. You must know by now that the majority of the people here are very grateful for the info you have provided. If you can find the patience, just ignore these posts. They are mean spirited and small minded and not worth your time.

Chloe, I am sorry you perceive my post as mean spirited.  I have high respect for all Carribean natives, I have traveled there and know the area.  Most people have a breaking point, and want resolution on this matter.  If you steal my wallet, and I see you do it, and you stonewall me for three weeks,  am I to say, " please ms. bad person, could you kindly give me my wallet back, it is very precious to me and I really need it back" Aruba law enforcement is stonewalling.
MominTN
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #237 on: June 21, 2005, 10:07:49 AM »

So if Joran doesn't go to school with the Kalpoe brothers, where is the connection or how did they meet?  I read  in a post somewhere that they had not known each other for long.
I heard on tv last night that the DJ from Tattoo came into the internet cafe where Deepak worked.  Did Joran go to that same internet cafe?  Is this a nice internet cafe or is this a rough crowd?  Is it a place where drug deals are made?  I can't imagine that an internet cafe in Aruba would be that lucrative on an island that depends on tourists who are probably trying to get away from work.  Perhaps the internet cafe is more for those who want to send emails from a public place so that their location does not point directly to their house.
hope
Scared Monkey

« Reply #238 on: June 21, 2005, 10:08:35 AM »

Quote from: "americaninaruba"

Im sorry can you inform me about this?I dont get that channel here (sorry)

AIA- mornin' you can also look it up on Gretawire.com thanks for all your help on here
Angiex911dsptchr
Monkey All Star

« Reply #239 on: June 21, 2005, 10:09:25 AM »

Did anone else see FOX al litte bit ago when they had Marriane Croes on and the former DC homicide detective?? She said the 2 brothers were sent to the prison.. if so. I dont understand why Joran wasnt sent yet then.. that wasnt questioned!
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.