March 28, 2024, 11:05:46 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: RBN # 15 - 6/21/05  (Read 365465 times)
absolut
Monkey Junky

« Reply #320 on: June 21, 2005, 11:18:49 AM »

I live about an hour outside of DC, I thought I would post this link for some levity and for the ironic factor.

http://www.cnn.com/2005/US/06/21/police.chief.ap/index.html
klaasend
Scared Monkey

« Reply #321 on: June 21, 2005, 11:18:55 AM »

Quote from: "CancunMole"
Can anyone here clear up/answer the contraditons and items highlighted below?

Suicide Watch for Joran?
June 20th, 2005 by Scared Monkeys -->

This is unconfirmed, but we received word that Joran is on a Suicide Watch after an unsuccessful attempted suicide last night.
This should not be taken as an admission of guilt, but he has been moved to the main prison, a much tougher environment than the police jail.

I can only address this part.  There was one report of a suicide yesterday in an Aruban paper...nothing anywhere else. The article as far as I can tell does not state whether it happened in the Jail or the Prison. Here is the link to the translated article.
http://www.scaredmonkeys.com/Discussion/viewtopic.php?p=18603&highlight=&sid=d9c5e3b4ce58d3c887364d3deac7f4ec#18603
iquitos
Scared Monkey

« Reply #322 on: June 21, 2005, 11:18:59 AM »

Quote from: "Gerben aka Pays Bas"
Quote from: "Rob"
first degree murder in the us is premediated....not an accident , wonder if that is the same..?

That's why I hate newsscrolls, they just confuse everbody. It's indeed two counts. Premeditated murder and manslaughter.

In the first count, the DA (Officier van Justitie) has to prove that the death of miss Holloway, if she is indeed found dead, was not an accident but deliberatly caused by someone and that the murderer can be considered sane when he killed her.

In the second count (like murder 2) this case will be treated as manslaughter under influence of drugs/alcohol

The difference for the suspect is that the sentences for manslaughter tend to be lower. The same as in the US.

Gerben you are a great asset to this site.  keep up the good work.
momto5
Scared Monkey

« Reply #323 on: June 21, 2005, 11:19:05 AM »

Quote from: "mbhs05"
Quote from: "veme"
Quote from: "klaasend"
I have got a question maybe someone can answer regarding the Texas Equine S&R.

How are the horse transported?

Is the plane made up like a stock trailer?

Do the horses need to be preped before a flight? Change in feed or water? Sedated?

Does a vet go with the group?

How many horses are going?

Just wondering. I've got animals & know the kinds of stuff you can into moving them. God Bless Texas.
Thanks! Smile

I don't think they are taking horses, they are taking dogs and sonar equipment.

Thanks! I didn't  know. I just assumed it was horses. Smile

I'm betting they'll take the horses. They'll be useful in the hard-to-reach places. See my above post.

If they dont take horses it might be they are planning on gaining use of horses already on the island.

"Truth is generally the best vindication against slander. " ~ Abraham Lincoln
veme
Scared Monkey

« Reply #324 on: June 21, 2005, 11:19:17 AM »

Quote from: "Gerben aka Pays Bas"
first degree murder in the us is premediated....not an accident , wonder if that is the same..?

That's why I hate newsscrolls, they just confuse everbody. It's indeed two counts. Premeditated murder and manslaughter.

In the first count, the DA (Officier van Justitie) has to prove that the death of miss Holloway, if she is indeed found dead, was not an accident but deliberatly caused by someone and that the murderer can be considered sane when he killed her.

In the second count (like murder 2) this case will be treated as manslaughter under influence of drugs/alcohol

The difference for the suspect is that the sentences for manslaughter tend to be lower. The same as in the US.

Thanks for clearing that up. I was wondering about that.  Smile

Sorry for the spelling & typos..... I'm a  funtional illiterate.
absolut
Monkey Junky

« Reply #325 on: June 21, 2005, 11:20:30 AM »

Do the horses need to be preped before a flight? Change in feed or water? Sedated?

Just wondering. I've got animals & know the kinds of stuff you can into moving them. God Bless Texas.
Thanks! Smile

I'm betting they'll take the horses. They'll be useful in the hard-to-reach places. See my above post.

I believe there are horses in Aruba. Smile

Also nothing has been stated that they are planning on doing mounted searches.
mbhs05
Scared Monkey

« Reply #326 on: June 21, 2005, 11:20:51 AM »

Quote from: "momto5"

Thanks! Smile

If they dont take horses it might be they are planning on gaining use of horses already on the island.

Good point...I just assume they'll be taking them, but it says that a lot of the horses are owned privately and the horse and rider pairs volunteer...so they might have a hard time getting over there. Are there horses on Aruba? A lot I mean...hmmm...they'll need some sane ones to do searches like that.

Sleeks
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #327 on: June 21, 2005, 11:21:33 AM »

Well let's be hopeful today once the search party from Texas gets there - they will be able to get more insite.

2 + 2 Is Always 4 !!!

Any More Questions???
icey
Scared Monkey

« Reply #328 on: June 21, 2005, 11:23:09 AM »

>>>I have also heard that some have said the boys have changed their statement yet, again - suggesting that Natalee was left alone at the beach after becoming hysterical at the beach near the Marriot. If true, this version of a statement suggests that the elder Kalpoe, Deepak, dropped off both Joran and Satish before returning to the beach, where he was reportedly unable to find Natalee Holloway. (This more-or-less supports CaliGirl's theory)<<<<<

If this is the "current story", it's just as bad as the others...  Why was she "hysterical"? Could it be because you raped her and/or drugged her up? You mean you did'nt call the police to help this "hysterical" girl??  You just walked away from her at what 2am???  

If it's true that the story has changed again, I think it will further prove to a judge that something is wrong here.  Too many lies, as documented by the suspects and the father.

icey
Angiex911dsptchr
Monkey All Star

« Reply #329 on: June 21, 2005, 11:23:47 AM »

Sorry  had to take a break and get some work done..and this may be off subject and may have been asked previusly..but does NH have any brothers or sisters??
mbhs05
Scared Monkey

« Reply #330 on: June 21, 2005, 11:24:20 AM »

Quote from: "Angiex911dsptchr"
Sorry  had to take a break and get some work done..and this may be off subject and may have been asked previusly..but does NH have any brothers or sisters??

Younger brother...10th grade. Older step brother.

Professor
Scared Monkey

« Reply #331 on: June 21, 2005, 11:24:44 AM »

professor, also stated in that interview , was BHT saying , "I look forward to talking to you (Greta), about some of this"..they appear to be having private conversations behind the scenes..i dont recall greta giving her "insight" to past families, just getting the facts out.. your thoughts?

This is extraordinary for Greta, and I don't know quite what to make of it. Certainly, there is something more here than just professional interest. No doubt, there are discussions going on behind the scenes, and there are sources of information that have been given to Greta that she is not revealing -- at this point.

For a long time, I tuned out Greta. I found her fascination of various prosecutions -- like the Peterson prosecution -- almost ghoulish. But I came to realize that she is fascinated by the rules of evidence and the workings of the criminal justice system. After all, she is a highly-trained attorney, and at times comes across as a frustrated prosecutor. She probably would be happier as a district attorney than as a television personality.

But this case gives her a cause, and gives her an opportunity to use ALL of her skills.

She sticks to a case, long after many viewers have tuned out. In the past, I viewed this as a weakness. But, with the Holloway case, I now view it as a strength. She isn't going to get yanked-- like Geraldo -- by some antsy producer looking at declining ratings.
gaijin
Scared Monkey

« Reply #332 on: June 21, 2005, 11:24:59 AM »

Morning, MBHS05..
CancunMole
Scared Monkey

« Reply #333 on: June 21, 2005, 11:25:09 AM »

Quote from: "bamajo"
Quote from: "CancunMole"

I have also heard that some have said the boys have changed their statement yet, again - suggesting that Natalee was left alone at the beach after becoming hysterical at the beach near the Marriot. If true, this version of a statement suggests that the elder Kalpoe, Deepak, dropped off both Joran and Satish before returning to the beach, where he was reportedly unable to find Natalee Holloway. (This more-or-less supports CaliGirl's theory)

would you mind either reposting or repeating caligirl's theory.  i have forgotten it.  thanks.   Very Happy

Here you go:

CaliGirl Joined: 13 Jun 2005Posts: 309Location: SoCal    Posted: Mon Jun 20, 2005 6:01 pm    Post subject:    

:::kicks off her shoes and gets comfy::: Here's my five cents worth... (Not to start arguements but my view of the only know facts and mu imput to some theories) I still lean very close to Deepak having more to do with this anyone. I am sure somewhere in coversations Natalee might have been asked (since she was on a graduation trip) about where she is from, what are her plans, which lead to college (fact she is going to medical school). These island kids whether having money or not seem to not be going to top expensive schools. That could lead someone to believe her parents have money, she is intelligent, going places in life, who would not pay for her to come home? Far fetched thought about kidnapping but I still feel so much more involvement or mastermindedness in Deepak. He worked extra hours, the pictures seem to show them "trying" to fit in with their look (but as a female I know my clothes and they are a cheaper version than the "tight" group are sporting). He's not handed things obviously. Maybe jealous of Joran because let's face it, Joran has a lot going for him because of his looks, popularity and family. He's leaving for college. Deepak is 24 and everyone around him is leaving to the US, so it seems, to live his dream that he is sweating to work for. I just keep thinking he has far more to gain in kidnapping Natalee. Not to mention a FOXnews interview (which I can not find but some of us saw it at 1am my time) of a female friend of Deepak who was ODD to say the least. She would not, almost avoided, making a statement that she thought or new he was innocent. Friends usually make these statements. Joran has taken the focus of this investigation. Why, because he is a highly regarded man's son? What a perfect person to make a witness of a crime. He can't talk, his father reputation and his family whole livelyhood is at stake. I am getting at that I believe maybe they did drop Natalee off with Joran. Maybe had some thoughts in their heads (I am sure Joran before they night they met Natalee had told his friends of the beautiful tourist he met who wouldn't she's gorgeous and boys do that stuff) and came back. Everything unfolded, and they kidnapped her threatening Joran with his family's reputation, coming up with the "story" and dropping him off home. Joran cried to his father about it (we know he's a cry baby) and that is why elder Van der Sloot is a witness perhaps. Joran I am sure is guilty of something, maybe not doing anything to stop it and being quiet. The Deepak is not stupid. He intentionally told that story to the security quard. They knew who they were, they were all over the news before the 3 were arrested! Deepak has nothing to lose because he didn't have anything to begin with. I just can't believe a top student, looking forward to going to college in the US would blow it all for no reason.
veme
Scared Monkey

« Reply #334 on: June 21, 2005, 11:25:28 AM »

Thanks! Smile

I wouldn't think so.  There is an old saying to the effect " A horse & rider share a great secret". It has to do with the understanding that a particular horse has with a particular rider.
A horse & rider  work like a team/couple. There is a great amount of affection on both sides. That type of work wouldn't be the best time to "switch horses". Smile

Sorry for the spelling & typos..... I'm a  funtional illiterate.
Angiex911dsptchr
Monkey All Star

« Reply #335 on: June 21, 2005, 11:25:38 AM »

Quote from: "Angiex911dsptchr"

Younger brother...10th grade. Older step brother.

Thank you MBHS.. My prayers to her siblings as well as everyone else.
rogers
Scared Monkey

« Reply #336 on: June 21, 2005, 11:27:16 AM »

There are horses in Aruba.  There are also many areas with thick growths of cacti.  They look impossible to penetrate.  I've only driven by them, but they look like they would be ideal locations to hide something.
mbhs05
Scared Monkey

« Reply #337 on: June 21, 2005, 11:27:38 AM »

Quote from: "gaijin"
Morning, MBHS05..

Morning!

Another K in Texas
Scared Monkey

« Reply #338 on: June 21, 2005, 11:28:07 AM »

There is also a younger step or half sister on her father's side because there is a reference to her in one of the articles about him.
mbhs05
Scared Monkey

« Reply #339 on: June 21, 2005, 11:28:46 AM »

Thanks! Smile

I wouldn't think so.  There is an old saying to the effect " A horse & rider share a great secret". It has to do with the understanding that a particular horse has with a particular rider.
A horse & rider  work like a team/couple. There is a great amount of affection on both sides. That type of work wouldn't be the best time to "switch horses". Smile

Agreed...but on the other hand if they CAN'T take all of the horses...a competent rider should be able to handle a different horse. It's better than nothing. I can see how it would be hard to get the original pairs out there.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.