March 28, 2024, 08:58:39 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: RBN # 15 - 6/21/05  (Read 365369 times)
friend of monkeys
Monkey Junky

« Reply #460 on: June 21, 2005, 12:50:41 PM »

Quote from: "iquitos"
Quote from: "Professor"
Here is an observation, that can explain a lot about the handling of this case.

Aruba is a closed society. Residents there don’t need to lock their doors at night, because their neighbors have been neighbors for 3 and 4 generations. To cheat a neighbor, or to steal from a neighbor could result in a tarnish upon a family’s reputation that would be passed on to one’s children, and to one’s children’s children. And so a highly trained police department is not necessary in a closed society. That might explain the lack of expertise in the Aruban police investigation.

But there is also a dark side to such a closed society. Tourists come and go. And, in a closed society, there is a tendency to develop an us-and-them attitude about tourists. Us being the native Arubans, and Them being the American and Venezuelan and Dutch tourists who visit the island. We might expect to see a closing of the ranks, as this case proceeds, and in fact we are already seeing it. Already, there are gushes of sympathy for the poor, beleaguered Paul van der Sloot, and for the “stain upon his family’s reputation.” Already there are gushes of compassion for the poor Joran van der Sloot, following reports that he may have been heard sobbing in his jail cell, or that he might have tried to hang himself. (A cowardly act, if true, that would deny the family of Natalee Holloway any answers into the disappearance of their lovely daughter.)

Of course, there is also professed sympathy for the family of a girl who went missing on the island. But the death or disappearance of a young American tourists is somehow no more important than the “stain upon a family’s honor,” or loss of tourist revenues.

I don’t think that this is unique with Aruba. I think we see the same behavior in the Bahamas, the Virgin Islands, and in other closed societies. In the Virgin Islands, American tourists with no motive and iron-clad alibis were convicted for a crime that had been committed by a native. In Saudi Arabia, American citizens were arrested for a bombing that had been committed by Saudis. And in Aruba two security guards were rounded up, to take the fall for the disappearance of Natalee Holloway. The only exception in this case was that the two security guards were native Arubans. But they obviously didn’t count, since they were not of the middle class.

What is the bottom line? The bottom line is that a tourist in one of these closed societies needs to be aware that he or she does NOT have full standing as a resident, and will never have the undivided sympathy of the residents, in the event something bad happens. So, why not come to Key West, or to Panama City?

GREAT POST PROFESSOR.  ONE THING THOUGH, ONE OF THE GUARDS WAS A FOREIGNER TOO.

which one is foriegn
 iquitos if you know?

peace to all
Kelly
Scared Monkey

« Reply #461 on: June 21, 2005, 12:50:43 PM »

Quote from: "Angiex911dsptchr"
Quote from: "Kelly"
yeah i didnt hear anything about them waiting for her, because dash said that they didnt assume that anything was wrong or what not..even when she didnt show up for check in for plane, they thought she just slept in..it wasnt until they couldnt find her that morning that they went looking for her

Was their anyone else in NH room that noticed she wasnt in bed when they woke up?

ALl i heard wsa that everyone was assuming that she was with another group, in another room etc..and didnt think anything of it..when she was not there in the morning! SInce everyone was up late that night still hangin out, they didnt think anything of it

Kelly
veme
Scared Monkey

« Reply #462 on: June 21, 2005, 12:51:05 PM »

REPORTING THAT NATALEE SIGNED IN HER AOL EMAIL ACCT ON 7 JUNE. THE TWITTYS HAVE STIRRED THE HIVE...  WILL IT CONTRIBUTE TO THE SOLUTION OF THE CASE?   I WISH YOU WOULD ALL LISTEN TO THIS DAILY RADIO BROADCAST.

What? Where did this come from? Does anyone know about this?

Sorry for the spelling & typos..... I'm a  funtional illiterate.
americaninaruba
Scared Monkey

« Reply #463 on: June 21, 2005, 12:51:14 PM »

Quote from: "billsfan960"
Does anyone out there listen  to Top 95 Aruba radio right now (streaming).

The problem is that it is not in English. They are continually commenting on the case but I can't understand.

Is there anyone that is listening also that can translate please????

(im sorry my electricity went out so i didnt hear the whole thing but here....) yes they are just saying that this case has taken a weird turn,a lso that if its true taht Joran has taken the Lie detector and that there wanting to interrogate Jug Twitty becuase he has had some "weird" actions towards police/fbi(not sure which exactly) but that it is something that is wanted by them to be done......they are confirming that Joran DID take  a lie detector test...mayeb it acn not be used in court....but it can help to lead in a case...also they are askign why cant the parents of NH take the test also?? you know just to be ont he safe side...possibly 7-june that NH had gone online to check her meial..not sure if it was her but her meail was opene on June-7.....with arubas help we can possibly take this to an end and not drag any longer on this story...maybe authorities keep pressing these guys...but nmaybe they dont have anythign to say because we dont know if they are guilty of anything...and if they are we need to get them to confess already and finish this if they dont know anythign then lets go on w/ the case and finish everything already

Just when you think you've hit rock bottom,someone throws you a shovel
iquitos
Scared Monkey

« Reply #464 on: June 21, 2005, 12:51:37 PM »

Quote from: "klaasend"
-IF THEY WERE WAITING FOR HER AND SHE DID NOT SHOW, WHAT DID THEY DO ABOUT IT?  SOMEBODY SAID IT WAS NORMAL THAT SHE DID NOT SLEEP IN HER ROOM AND THAT ROOMIES JUST THOUGHT SHE WAS SLEEPING IN ANOTHER ROOM, WHILE OTHERS WERE WAITING FOR HER IN THE LOBBY?  

-ARUBA RADIO IS ON A JAG AGAINST THE "ARROGANCE" OF THE TWITTYS AGAIN.  SAY MR. TWITTY SHOULD BE QUESTIONED BY COPS FOR HIS HOSTILE ATTITUDE.  REPORTING THAT NATALEE SIGNED IN HER AOL EMAIL ACCT ON 7 JUNE.  THE TWITTYS HAVE STIRRED THE HIVE...  WILL IT CONTRIBUTE TO THE SOLUTION OF THE CASE?   I WISH YOU WOULD ALL LISTEN TO THIS DAILY RADIO BROADCAST.

They are saying Natalee signed into her AOL email account on June 7th?  I wonder if it was a family member who did this?

YEP, SAID IT TWICE.
pinemeadows
Scared Monkey

« Reply #465 on: June 21, 2005, 12:51:40 PM »

Quote from: "Sachae"
I do believe that he brought her out to the ocean, on one of the smaller boats, on the side where the currents are so strong that anything dropped into the water is swept away by the strong currents, knowing that no one would ever find her. Don't forget he would know the island very well, and he would know that the other side of the island if anything was put into the water the current would wash it back to shore. That is what happens when you sometimes not all the time let a 17 year old act like a man when really he is still a youngster, and needs guidance. From what I have read, I do believe that his parents gave him too much freedom.
J.M.OP.

Do you think a 17 year old, under the influence of alcohol (presumably) would do this alone??  This is where I always have to picture an adult advising him....
Angiex911dsptchr
Monkey All Star

« Reply #466 on: June 21, 2005, 12:51:50 PM »

Quote from: "da wench"
Quote from: "Angiex911dsptchr"
Quote from: "da wench"
Quote from: "pinemeadows"
["Was their anyone else in NH room that noticed she wasnt in bed when they woke up?

This is a GREAT question - have not seen it before.  Weren't there 3 or 4 girls in that room?

This has already been discussed.  It has been reported that there was a lot of room switching and not all the kids went to bed.  Some stayed by the pool all night and some in other rooms.  Nat's roomies didn't think anything of it.  They figured she was in someone else's room.

Thanks Wench. thats eassly understandable..as room switching went on on my senior trip. I didnt mean to ask about it again if it were mentioned previously!!!

What's wrong with you, Angie?  Can't you be here 24/7????  LOL.  Don't worry, I can barely keep up here myself.  I'm sure I've asked questions that have already been answered many times.  [/quote]

LMAO Wench.. cant be here 24/7.. ha ha  Have a teenage son myself who is 15.. and actually have to leave in an hour or so to take him to his first day of work! Im only here alot today because my housework and laundry is caught up and we are having left overs for dinner..lol  Laughing
Rob
Monkey All Star

« Reply #467 on: June 21, 2005, 12:52:01 PM »

Quote from: "CancunMole"
Quote from: "Rob"
i also have a question.. does anyone remember some incidences outside of the hyatt? possibliy involving renovation workers at the allegro? this was before natalee went missing, maybe like in the one -two week period before.....

It was reported that a camera at the Hyatt had picked up a young woman walking along the beach. FYI. The Hyatt and the Allegro are separated by a street-like thoroughfare.

i always wonder if the hyatt actually caught something on tape....im aware of the set up of the hyatt and allegro...

Truth, Justice and the American Way.

+++

~ livin' the life I was born to live - givin' it all I've got to give ~
bamajo
Scared Monkey

« Reply #468 on: June 21, 2005, 12:53:19 PM »

iquitos, do you think that  could be the FBI or aruban officials checking her email account?  

also, just curious, what does your name mean? (if it has meaning).
Another K in Texas
Scared Monkey

« Reply #469 on: June 21, 2005, 12:53:24 PM »

I have my grown kids aol passwords.  

If she uses her parents acounts, they probably have her password also.  Checking e-mail could mean something or nothing.
CancunMole
Scared Monkey

« Reply #470 on: June 21, 2005, 12:53:35 PM »

-IF THEY WERE WAITING FOR HER AND SHE DID NOT SHOW, WHAT DID THEY DO ABOUT IT?  SOMEBODY SAID IT WAS NORMAL THAT SHE DID NOT SLEEP IN HER ROOM AND THAT ROOMIES JUST THOUGHT SHE WAS SLEEPING IN ANOTHER ROOM, WHILE OTHERS WERE WAITING FOR HER IN THE LOBBY?

The only thing I remember hearing is what Dash said last night about the 8 AM check that morning. Can anyone remember an earlier notification that NH was missing?
billsfan960
Scared Monkey

« Reply #471 on: June 21, 2005, 12:53:41 PM »

Not from Buffalo.
Just New Jersey.

dad was a Jets fan

I grew up loving OJ (Bills)
Ironic huh!

Can anybody translate the gossip on Aruba Top95???
Please!!!
friend of monkeys
Monkey Junky

« Reply #472 on: June 21, 2005, 12:54:02 PM »

Quote from: "CaliGirl"
Hey Kerin.. whadem up homie? lmao

what up wangsta.....OFM   BTW cali girl, yes
  i am still searching for my tglasses...LOL

peace to all
KerinTX
Monkey Junky

« Reply #473 on: June 21, 2005, 12:54:14 PM »

The AOL login is probably a rumor but, if not, yes...it could be the family. Or it could also be the family contacted AOL and requested a "look" at her account. 21 days and little to no news...Holloways probably said "the approach we have taken so far hasn't worked..let's go to Plan B". They still have done nothing to break the law.

"What a tangled web we weave when first we practice to deceive"
Langosta
Scared Monkey

« Reply #474 on: June 21, 2005, 12:54:29 PM »

Quote from: "pinemeadows"
Quote from: "Sachae"
I do believe that he brought her out to the ocean, on one of the smaller boats, on the side where the currents are so strong that anything dropped into the water is swept away by the strong currents, knowing that no one would ever find her. Don't forget he would know the island very well, and he would know that the other side of the island if anything was put into the water the current would wash it back to shore. That is what happens when you sometimes not all the time let a 17 year old act like a man when really he is still a youngster, and needs guidance. From what I have read, I do believe that his parents gave him too much freedom.
J.M.OP.

Do you think a 17 year old, under the influence of alcohol (presumably) would do this alone??  This is where I always have to picture an adult advising him....

i think the "DJ" had the boat.  remember the post a loooooooooong time ago about the 2.5 mile boat ride?
iquitos
Scared Monkey

« Reply #475 on: June 21, 2005, 12:54:56 PM »

I THINK MICKEY IS THE ONE FROM ONE OF THE ENGLISH ISLANDS.  THAT IS WHY HIS ENGLISH IS SO GOOD AND HE TALKS WITH THAT ISLAND LILT.  

Quote from: "friend of monkeys"
Quote from: "Professor"
Here is an observation, that can explain a lot about the handling of this case.

Aruba is a closed society. Residents there don’t need to lock their doors at night, because their neighbors have been neighbors for 3 and 4 generations. To cheat a neighbor, or to steal from a neighbor could result in a tarnish upon a family’s reputation that would be passed on to one’s children, and to one’s children’s children. And so a highly trained police department is not necessary in a closed society. That might explain the lack of expertise in the Aruban police investigation.

But there is also a dark side to such a closed society. Tourists come and go. And, in a closed society, there is a tendency to develop an us-and-them attitude about tourists. Us being the native Arubans, and Them being the American and Venezuelan and Dutch tourists who visit the island. We might expect to see a closing of the ranks, as this case proceeds, and in fact we are already seeing it. Already, there are gushes of sympathy for the poor, beleaguered Paul van der Sloot, and for the “stain upon his family’s reputation.” Already there are gushes of compassion for the poor Joran van der Sloot, following reports that he may have been heard sobbing in his jail cell, or that he might have tried to hang himself. (A cowardly act, if true, that would deny the family of Natalee Holloway any answers into the disappearance of their lovely daughter.)

Of course, there is also professed sympathy for the family of a girl who went missing on the island. But the death or disappearance of a young American tourists is somehow no more important than the “stain upon a family’s honor,” or loss of tourist revenues.

I don’t think that this is unique with Aruba. I think we see the same behavior in the Bahamas, the Virgin Islands, and in other closed societies. In the Virgin Islands, American tourists with no motive and iron-clad alibis were convicted for a crime that had been committed by a native. In Saudi Arabia, American citizens were arrested for a bombing that had been committed by Saudis. And in Aruba two security guards were rounded up, to take the fall for the disappearance of Natalee Holloway. The only exception in this case was that the two security guards were native Arubans. But they obviously didn’t count, since they were not of the middle class.

What is the bottom line? The bottom line is that a tourist in one of these closed societies needs to be aware that he or she does NOT have full standing as a resident, and will never have the undivided sympathy of the residents, in the event something bad happens. So, why not come to Key West, or to Panama City?

GREAT POST PROFESSOR.  ONE THING THOUGH, ONE OF THE GUARDS WAS A FOREIGNER TOO.

which one is foriegn
 iquitos if you know?
billsfan960
Scared Monkey

« Reply #476 on: June 21, 2005, 12:55:43 PM »

Thanks to AmericaninAruba
Langosta
Scared Monkey

« Reply #477 on: June 21, 2005, 12:55:50 PM »

YES!  very ironic!!  considering the whole AFC East rivalry and all...bet that made for a FUN Sunday around your house.
Scarlet
Scared Monkey

« Reply #478 on: June 21, 2005, 12:55:53 PM »

-ARUBA RADIO IS ON A JAG AGAINST THE "ARROGANCE" OF THE TWITTYS AGAIN.  SAY MR. TWITTY SHOULD BE QUESTIONED BY COPS FOR HIS HOSTILE ATTITUDE.  REPORTING THAT NATALEE SIGNED IN HER AOL EMAIL ACCT ON 7 JUNE.  THE TWITTYS HAVE STIRRED THE HIVE...  WILL IT CONTRIBUTE TO THE SOLUTION OF THE CASE?   I WISH YOU WOULD ALL LISTEN TO THIS DAILY RADIO BROADCAST.[/quote]

Yelp and I believe it will get much worse the longer this case continues-- We want Natalee back[/quote]

BUT WILL IT BE PRODUCTIVE?[/quote]

Yes, I believe so. It keeps the American public involved, also it keeps the Aruban government on their toes.
Kelly
Scared Monkey

« Reply #479 on: June 21, 2005, 12:56:07 PM »

Quote from: "klaasend"

-ARUBA RADIO IS ON A JAG AGAINST THE "ARROGANCE" OF THE TWITTYS AGAIN.  SAY MR. TWITTY SHOULD BE QUESTIONED BY COPS FOR HIS HOSTILE ATTITUDE.  REPORTING THAT NATALEE SIGNED IN HER AOL EMAIL ACCT ON 7 JUNE.  THE TWITTYS HAVE STIRRED THE HIVE...  WILL IT CONTRIBUTE TO THE SOLUTION OF THE CASE?   I WISH YOU WOULD ALL LISTEN TO THIS DAILY RADIO BROADCAST.

They are saying Natalee signed into her AOL email account on June 7th?  I wonder if it was a family member who did this?

YEP, SAID IT TWICE.

Ok we got it ..sometimes, if the posts go real fast, it moves to the next page and people may have not been able to read that post that you stated..so that is the reason people may ask after you had posted it...kinda hard at times to keep up with the posts!

Kelly
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.