March 28, 2024, 06:01:09 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: RBN # 15 - 6/21/05  (Read 365344 times)
HannieC
Scared Monkey

« Reply #740 on: June 21, 2005, 02:15:42 PM »

The only reason that they don`t give evidence and all the info to natalee`s parents and to the media, is that what I said before because our justice system is very diffent then that of the US.

What if they would tell the family and the media what they 'have' on the suspects and it`s leaking out!! Then in our system the judge can throw all this out based on the leaks and the "guilty" can go free!!

Nobody wants this to happen I would assume!

If you create a theory, you fall in the trap of trying to fit the facts to your theory...
da wench
Scared Monkey

« Reply #741 on: June 21, 2005, 02:15:47 PM »

Quote from: "CaliGirl"
I say John Travolta needs to fly his huge plane there and take us all.  Wink

Dibs on flyin in the cockpit  Wink

Absense diminishes small loves and increases great ones, as the wind blows out the candle and fans the bonfire.
KerinTX
Monkey Junky

« Reply #742 on: June 21, 2005, 02:16:01 PM »

I like that plan except didn't that psychic guy have John Travolta crashing his plane on his little online dream thingie??

"What a tangled web we weave when first we practice to deceive"
jlspence
Scared Monkey

« Reply #743 on: June 21, 2005, 02:16:04 PM »

Quote from: "Professor"

The "word on the street" might be credible, if it had something to do with Joran or his family, but the people on the street have no contact with the Holloway family.

But let's not jump on arubagirl. The word on the street tells us a whole lot about the island mentality. It tells us that there is no shame for the mishandling of this case, or the fact that a family may end up without closure. Only rage that the reputation of the island may come under a cloud. That tells us VOLUMES about the island mentality.

First, I'm not jumping on anybody.  Secondly, I agree with you that Aruban speculation about the Holloway family is the least informed source on what the family might do or think and therefore the least credible.  Finally, I'm not going to jump to the conclusion that a lot of the anti-Holloway talk on TOP 95.1 represents the island mentality.  I still believe the vast majority of the Aruban people are sympathetic to the Holloway family and want very much to see this ordeal come to some type of conclusion.
Kelly
Scared Monkey

« Reply #744 on: June 21, 2005, 02:16:24 PM »

I keep hoping/feeling that the past week is going to be the day that we are going to get somewhere on this case!

Kelly
KerinTX
Monkey Junky

« Reply #745 on: June 21, 2005, 02:16:52 PM »

Quote from: "da wench"

(holding back on makin a comment to Wench's statement)  Evil or Very Mad

joebob
Scared Monkey

« Reply #746 on: June 21, 2005, 02:16:55 PM »

Quote from: "TexasSugarfoot"
Quote from: "americaninaruba"
TexasSugarfoot i am very sorry to hear you ahd to go through something like that...but i would like to ask you a question and you can hate me forever and not answer but i have to try......did you get half the attention this case is getting??and dothey have ANY idea waht happend to your child?

I hate to answer your question because my experience was long ago. Missing child cases weren't given the media coverage they are today. There were not established search groups and media exposure that we see now. But to answer your question, no, our case was given very little attention. Every missing child is important and I'm not sure why some grab attention and others go pretty much unnoticed. My heart goes out to the parents everytime I see a notice of a missing child. You can not imagine the torture unless you have lived it.

For those that asked, my child was found after four months.  I thank you for your comments and concerns.

AIA, you still haven't answered my question. What was your purpose in asking a mother of a lost child how much media coverage she got? Was it to make a case that this case is getting more coverage than HER case got? And what if this case IS getting more media coverage? What then? Would that be an incriminating thing? Wouldn't you want EVERY case to get the kind of coverage this one is getting? Or, are you making the case that it's time to pack this one in, and go back to business as usual. Just asking.

Gee thanks Professor...lets just alienate one of the better sources of information that we have.  

Americaninaruba: Please continue to post news and rumors and even words from the street.
Getagrip
Scared Monkey

« Reply #747 on: June 21, 2005, 02:17:03 PM »

*caught up* not for long, I imagine lol

Questions and request for comments for our Aruban and Dutch friends - I hope this is not taken the wrong way - I would simply be intenrested in getting a feel for the 'soft' factors affecting this investigation.

- How would you see the working relationship between the Dutch investigators and the FBI?
we know that the FBI has absolutely no jurisdiction in Aruba, and the Aruban authorites, given their lack of experience and extreme media scrutiny, would presumably have handed the Dutch investigators a large role

- We have heard about the tensions between Arubans and Dutch nationals (common in many former colonies), would the Dutch investigators be looking after the interests of the Dutch nationals (the vdS's)?

My interest in this, is that we have 3 groups involved, to differing degrees, in this investigation.

The Arubans want to crack this case, but have virtually no experience with this type of case, and have limited resources for investigating this type of case - potential damage to their tourism (which employes 50% of the islanders), their image as the safest island in the Caribbean, etc.

The Dutch have one of their nationals involved. Aruba, as a protectorat of the Netherlands, presumably remits funds to them to cover Foreign Affairs and Defense, so they also have an interest of preserving Aruba's integrity. Have been awarded great latitude in the investigation, even if they don't have de facto jurisdiction in Aruba.

The FBI, several agents deployed, interest in cracking the case which involves the disappearance of an American national. They also need to preserve good relationship with Aruba and the Dutch - this is needed in the long term as far as their DEA involvement in the island.

Sorry for the long post!  I guess I verbalized what was going through my head/

-------->  Aruba = Opposite World  <--------
sarah
Scared Monkey

« Reply #748 on: June 21, 2005, 02:17:18 PM »

I want to copilot.  MMMM  JOHN!
PoorPaulaNNJ
Scared Monkey

« Reply #749 on: June 21, 2005, 02:17:39 PM »

Quote from: "friend of monkeys"
Quote from: "Rob"
serously ppl, how much responsilbilty would you accept with a group of 140 "adults"?... i wouldnt go if they said i was responsible....i was 18 once i know.....

NO SHIT ROB!!!!!

and IMFHO
i have doubts too//// too many "you hava mail"

LOL!
Just babysitting my 2-year-old nephew is like trying to keep up with a greased pig.....Impossible! hehehehe
GreatOwl
Monkey Junky

« Reply #750 on: June 21, 2005, 02:18:18 PM »

Quote from: "KerinTX"
YOU BEST NOT BE MAD DAWGING ME...I'LL BUST YOU UP!!!

WORD!!!  Mr. Green

ROFLMAO Kerin can always get me laughing!

Props to u nucka lol

teachers pick up such bad language habits from their students.   Wink

"May you have the hindsight to know where you've been,
 the foresight to know where you're going and
 the insight to know when you've gone too far."
LemonDrop
Scared Monkey

« Reply #751 on: June 21, 2005, 02:18:19 PM »

Fox News just said that Natalee's mom found pictures after Natalee went missing, "more coming up" after this break. Don't know what the pictures were of or what they imply. Just FYI....
AnnieMW1
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #752 on: June 21, 2005, 02:18:23 PM »

Quote from: "iquitos"
Quote from: "americaninaruba"
Quote from: "hope"
The first question to "Jug" would be is Papa Van der Sloot a slimball--------

First of all, let there be no doubt that the family of Natalee Holloway would gladly submit to polygraphic questioning. Got that?

And second, Jug Twitty would say Papa van der Sloot is an obnoxious slimeball, and the NEEDLE WOULD NOT BUDGE.

well accordign to word onteh street...they get very deffensive when they even talk about "testing" the aprents so I really dont know what else to think i have NO idea whats going on here...but one thign I believe she is alive! Hope and pray that shes alive andsafe!

They get very angry when the suggestion is made that they ONLY TEST THE PARENTS. That is what Elio Nicolaas was saying, if you recall.

WRONG AGAIN TEACH.  ELIO NEVER HAD A CHANCE TO SAY WHAT HE WANTED TO SAY.  FOX CUT HIM OFF.  HE WAS TALKING ABOUT THE COMMON PRACTICE IN THE US OF POLYGRAPHING ALL THE PARTIES TO THE CASE.  HE WAS RESPONDING TO THE AMERICAN CLAMOUR FOR JORAN TO BE BE POLYGRAPHED.  THEY DON'T POLYGRAPH IN THE NETHERLANDS LIKE WE DO.  SO IF YOU WANT POLY, THEN POLY EVERYBODY LIKE IN THE US.  THIS MAN HAD A LOT TO SAY JUST NOW O THE RADIO FRO ANYBODY WHO BOTHERED TO LISTEN.  BUT WHY LISTEN.  WE ARE ALL KNOWING RIGHT PROF.  NO ROOM FOR ANOTHER POINT OF VIEW.  CRUSH EM, PUSH EM ASIDE, WE WILL SHOW THEM HOW OR THEY WILL BE REAL SORRY.  SOUND FAMILIAR?

I regret the growing antagonism on both sides, but I think it's entirely outrageous to ask Nat's parents, who weren't even on the island at the time of her disappearance, to take a lie detector test.  For what purpose?  Even asking Nat's roommates or trip members to take the same makes more sense than that!  At least they were there.
da wench
Scared Monkey

« Reply #753 on: June 21, 2005, 02:19:28 PM »

Quote from: "da wench"

(holding back on makin a comment to Wench's statement)  Evil or Very Mad

Um, you don't have to hold back for my sake...out with it, girl...lol.

Absense diminishes small loves and increases great ones, as the wind blows out the candle and fans the bonfire.
CaliGirl
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #754 on: June 21, 2005, 02:20:16 PM »

I like that plan except didn't that psychic guy have John Travolta crashing his plane on his little online dream thingie??

Oh damn.. John don't fly! jk lol

Sort of offtopic but kind of on topic..
Stars have power, helpful toys etc Why do they never offer such things..hmmm
They could finance everything *sigh*

If I was a star, I would probably be broke because I would be giving all the time to help out.
KerinTX
Monkey Junky

« Reply #755 on: June 21, 2005, 02:20:24 PM »

GreatOwl...I talked like that once in front of my kids and they refused to get in the car with me. (thought I may have been drinking or something) LOL

Kelly
Scared Monkey

« Reply #756 on: June 21, 2005, 02:20:36 PM »

Quote from: "LemonDrop"
Fox News just said that Natalee's mom found pictures after Natalee went missing, "more coming up" after this break. Don't know what the pictures were of or what they imply. Just FYI....

Little confused here........... as i am sure that you are too, but found pictures after she went missing? well they are prob from her trip right?

Kelly
klaasend
Scared Monkey

« Reply #757 on: June 21, 2005, 02:21:01 PM »

Quote from: "LemonDrop"

I just turned on Fox...they haven't said anything about it yet...have you heard more?
Mom in Ark
Scared Monkey

« Reply #758 on: June 21, 2005, 02:21:52 PM »

I want a seat by the door and a parachute and a life vest. Wink
iquitos
Scared Monkey

« Reply #759 on: June 21, 2005, 02:22:02 PM »

Quote from: "jlspence"

The "word on the street" might be credible, if it had something to do with Joran or his family, but the people on the street have no contact with the Holloway family.

But let's not jump on arubagirl. The word on the street tells us a whole lot about the island mentality. It tells us that there is no shame for the mishandling of this case, or the fact that a family may end up without closure. Only rage that the reputation of the island may come under a cloud. That tells us VOLUMES about the island mentality.

First, I'm not jumping on anybody.  Secondly, I agree with you that Aruban speculation about the Holloway family is the least informed source on what the family might do or think and therefore the least credible.  Finally, I'm not going to jump to the conclusion that a lot of the anti-Holloway talk on TOP 95.1 represents the island mentality.  I still believe the vast majority of the Aruban people are sympathetic to the Holloway family and want very much to see this ordeal come to some type of conclusion.

Hey JL, try tuning in and listening right now,  They are calling in in Dutch Spanish and Papiamento to comment on the case and how Aruba is getting a bad rap.  These are not nuts, They are serious people  But of course we don't need another point of view,  You already know everything from soundbites on Fox, that paragon of intellectual integrity and objectivity
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.