March 28, 2024, 03:26:48 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: RBN # 15 - 6/21/05  (Read 365321 times)
Arlee
Scared Monkey

« Reply #780 on: June 21, 2005, 02:27:31 PM »

Quote from: "iquitos
Maybe that is why there were so few "travel facilitators" on the trip.  And why did less than half of the senior class travel.  Other parents had misgivings?

Possibly, and for any number of reasons.  

1) It was expensive.  
2) Teen maybe didn't want to go -- best friend not going, etc.  
3) Other plans / scheduling conflicts.  This was one day after graduation -- often a time for family plans.  Also, quite a few teens were leaving the next week on a missions trip in S. America.
4) Fear of international flights/travel.  For example, all I could think about leading up to this was the Lockerbie tragedy and I secretly fretted way too much about it.  
5) Concerns over drinking.  Legal age or not, many parents &/or the students didn't like that idea.  And certainly didn't want to pay an all-inclusive price if it included liquor.

And any number of other reasons not listed here.

Now that you have an answer, what was your point?
Twelve Monkeys
Scared Monkey

« Reply #781 on: June 21, 2005, 02:27:35 PM »

Quote from: "nisxan"
About the pics found... I would imagine those are the prom and graduation pics they're been showing. BH didn't look at them until later...they may be using creative wording to build interest in the upcoming story.

IMO

I think this is the case.

12 Monkeys
jac723
Scared Monkey

« Reply #782 on: June 21, 2005, 02:27:38 PM »

Quote from: "tarmand"
Has anyone else mentioned that the Tickle site of Deepak and Satish both say "Visited within the last week"?  Haven't they been in jail?  Do you think the authorities are monitoring those sites as well?

I also saw that--a couple blogs that were linked from here I clicked on--they say the person was logged on (date) but they coinscide with the case--maybe another investigation--leaving them up to get info--I don't know....

Jennifer
iquitos
Scared Monkey

« Reply #783 on: June 21, 2005, 02:28:15 PM »

Quote from: "Compananzi"
Quote from: "americaninaruba"
Quote from: "Professor"
Quote from: "jlspence"
Quote from: "americaninaruba"

well accordign to word onteh street...they get very deffensive when they even talk about "testing" the aprents so I really dont know what else to think i have NO idea whats going on here...but one thign I believe she is alive! Hope and pray that shes alive andsafe!

Word on the street?  I think too much credence is being given in this forum to "word on the street".  It's no more than second, third, fourth-hand rumor and speculation that may in fact have no basis in fact.

The "word on the street" might be credible, if it had something to do with Joran or his family, but the people on the street have no contact with the Holloway family.

But let's not jump on arubagirl. The word on the street tells us a whole lot about the island mentality. It tells us that there is no shame for the mishandling of this case, or the fact that a family may end up without closure. Only rage that the reputation of the island may come under a cloud. That tells us VOLUMES about the island mentality.

well then since what is saidheremeans nothgin and its all worthless ebcuae you wontbelieve it unless it comes from an american (which I am proud to say I am, except inthese situations) maybe thenif you are so perfect and only you can do everything the correct way tehn maybe you should sit here and do everythign and screw the FBi thats here because there not doign anything either there just here onvacation because they havent said anythign and mayeb since you are so good go ahead and translate news yourself! oh no but wait you dont need the news here because everything said here is bul crap and worthless so go ahead and listen to fox & cnn dont even bother to come onthis site eiter!

I think in every investigation no one is above suspicion.  The radio broadcast today mentioned that Elio Nicolaas thought it might be helpful for the family to also participate in the Q&A, but since we are only looking at one side of the coin then that is why the quagmire.  I still have questions that I have not seen brought up here....no MB knows why there was a shoveling match at CnC? What quote did Natalee have on her HS year book? Kinda odd for a straight A student to think darkly?  I'm more convinced that the 3 suspect have not confessed or cracked...because they can only know what happened so far. Disturbing fact that probably JVDS attempted suicide?  In fact Beth Holloway keep saying they know some of the info, and at least can point investigation closer to Natalee... the keyword is POINT.  The initial broadcast of Holloway family where they ask for Natalee to come back and resolve somekinda friction? That is kinda odd as well?  Issues suchas Missing to Kidnapped?  How does one determine that?  We hear nothing of what was in Natalee digital pictures, why withhold such information, whilst we all complain about slow investigation or no daily reports?

compananzi.  thanks for that input.  good questions.
amillerwvu
Scared Monkey

« Reply #784 on: June 21, 2005, 02:29:10 PM »

I had to go take a break from reading this site.  One of the questions I went away pondering was why is the media coverage of this case so large.  I had to think about this a bit as I had to go back and figure out why I was so intrigued by this case.  

1. I do believe that the media will give us what we the viewers/listeners want.  The amount of people on this site as well as many others is one of the reasons why  there is such an emphasis on this case…We want to hear about it.

2. Why are so many of us intrigued?  I think it would be because a seemingly “happy” event turned ghastly wrong for a graduating senior whose life was about to begin.  This would explain a lot of young people being intrigued.  Secondly, as it was a group of high school graduates who had some teachers as “guardians” on the trip would explain why a lot of people who interact with kids might be intrigued (this would apply to me).  And yet another reason would be it was an American citizen in an exotic location-Aruba.  That would explain all the different countries wanting to hear about this case.  There are many others, but these are the ones that came to my mind.
I think that the media feeds us what we want; and in my opinion, by all of us being here (SM) as well as many other sites, that shows the media what we want.

Does this make sense to anyone else?  I will be honest.  I never followed a case so closely until now, but the reasons I just mentioned are why  I feel I am compelled to follow this case.  Someone else might have already said all of these things earlier; I apologize if so.  As I said, I took a break and thought about why I was here and why I care so much.  God bless Natalee, Aruba, the US, and all involved….
KerinTX
Monkey Junky

« Reply #785 on: June 21, 2005, 02:29:27 PM »

Quote from: "jac723"
Has anyone else mentioned that the Tickle site of Deepak and Satish both say "Visited within the last week"?  Haven't they been in jail?  Do you think the authorities are monitoring those sites as well?

I also saw that--a couple blogs that were linked from here I clicked on--they say the person was logged on (date) but they coinscide with the case--maybe another investigation--leaving them up to get info--I don't know....

again...tickle sites show "last visited" and since YOU just visited, then the account had activity.
Myspace shows the last time the webpage OWNER used the account. Smile

"What a tangled web we weave when first we practice to deceive"
Rob
Monkey All Star

« Reply #786 on: June 21, 2005, 02:29:31 PM »

so the pictures are nothing that could be used to prove that she was alive after may 30?

Truth, Justice and the American Way.

+++

~ livin' the life I was born to live - givin' it all I've got to give ~
jac723
Scared Monkey

« Reply #787 on: June 21, 2005, 02:30:02 PM »

Quote from: "Kelly"
Quote from: "LemonDrop"
Fox News just said that Natalee's mom found pictures after Natalee went missing, "more coming up" after this break. Don't know what the pictures were of or what they imply. Just FYI....

Little confused here........... as i am sure that you are too, but found pictures after she went missing? well they are prob from her trip right?

UGH--more confusion and I have no TV only the internet.  Unless someone took em and turned em in since they recognized her

Jennifer
iquitos
Scared Monkey

« Reply #788 on: June 21, 2005, 02:31:20 PM »

Quote from: "arlee"
Quote from: "iquitos
Maybe that is why there were so few "travel facilitators" on the trip.  And why did less than half of the senior class travel.  Other parents had misgivings?

Possibly, and for any number of reasons.  

1) It was expensive.  
2) Teen maybe didn't want to go -- best friend not going, etc.  
3) Other plans / scheduling conflicts.  This was one day after graduation -- often a time for family plans.  Also, quite a few teens were leaving the next week on a missions trip in S. America.
4) Fear of international flights/travel.  For example, all I could think about leading up to this was the Lockerbie tragedy and I secretly fretted way too much about it.  
5) Concerns over drinking.  Legal age or not, many parents &/or the students didn't like that idea.  And certainly didn't want to pay an all-inclusive price if it included liquor.

And any number of other reasons not listed here.

Now that you have an answer, what was your point?

no point, i just associated the poor turnout with the comment on possible difficulty of recruiting travel facilitators for 130 some party animals on an all inclusive trip to a party island.
Getagrip
Scared Monkey

« Reply #789 on: June 21, 2005, 02:31:41 PM »

Quote from: "KerinTX"
Quote from: "jac723"

again...tickle sites show "last visited" and since YOU just visited, then the account had activity.
Myspace shows the last time the webpage OWNER used the account. Smile

I don't think that's right, Kerin. After all, with all of us visiting these sites, it would say 'last visited today'.

I think Tickle does indeed refer as to the last time the originator accessed it. It could easily be explained by the originator giving the username and password to a friend or relative to take down anything that may appear to be incriminating.

-------->  Aruba = Opposite World  <--------
KackyLacky
Scared Monkey

« Reply #790 on: June 21, 2005, 02:31:49 PM »

what if, the boys don't really know the whole story? What if the elder VDrS, knows the whole truth. The boys may have come up with the lies to try and cover their being with Natalee, but what if she did pass out, not died, and joran called his dad for help after leaving her on the beach........Then it is to late, she is dead. Then daddy handles the hiding of the body, maybe that is why the boys haven't cracked as to where Natalee actually is.   Just thinking, I can't help but think the truth lies witht he father.
Itawamba
Scared Monkey

« Reply #791 on: June 21, 2005, 02:31:55 PM »

Quote from: "Loren"
Itawamba-

I was a F/A for Mobil Oil (now ExxonMobil) we did a few charity flights. If the dogs are crated I don't see a problem with them being on a G-4 or G-5. I don't know a soul there anymore but those corporations might just do it.

Thanks--I'll make a Plan B list if we hear they're still looking.  You can call them at: (281) 309-9500  or Toll Free: (877) 270-9500 - but those numbers are always busy - try faxing them at:  (281) 534-6719 with suggestions or people to contact.
CaliGirl
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #792 on: June 21, 2005, 02:32:08 PM »

Quote from: "friend of monkeys"
YOU BEST NOT BE MAD DAWGING ME...I'LL BUST YOU UP!!!

WORD!!!  Mr. Green

KERIN
I have impotant questiion please!!!

perhaps it has been asked before...
how do i get some kind a picture on my left side??
u can p/m me if you want.

maybe this will all result in a
new  language thing called "monkeylingtop"
what a dialect... good thing rob doesn't knnow pap yet
he will be better off !!! some crazy cross between spanish,dutch/
indian/dutch/english/ that only smunderstand but not officially
nada es oifficiall i aqiu para exhapla....

bgo to socas!!!

FOM...I will PM you. Do you know what kind of picture you want? Yours? A monkey?  Smile

I saw a comercial this morning for careerbuiler.com that made me think of Tom, Red and all of you.. I about peed my pants because it was one guy in an office full of munkeys...one part of the comercial had a moneky with it's pants down on the copier..lmao I thought of FOM!!!!!!!
friend of monkeys
Monkey Junky

« Reply #793 on: June 21, 2005, 02:32:18 PM »

[
smart thinking, Mom.[/quote]

love to all
pray for natalee

peace to all
Catriana
Scared Monkey

« Reply #794 on: June 21, 2005, 02:34:40 PM »

Quote from: "CaliGirl"
I say John Travolta needs to fly his huge plane there and take us all.  Wink

I like that plan except didn't that psychic guy have John Travolta crashing his plane on his little online dream thingie??

I'll volunteer to wait here.   Hey, someone has to keep the home fires burning.  Cool  Cool

Summaries Available at Tom and Red's Weblog   www.scaredmonkeys.com [/i]
iquitos
Scared Monkey

« Reply #795 on: June 21, 2005, 02:35:14 PM »

Quote from: "amillerwvu"
I had to go take a break from reading this site.  One of the questions I went away pondering was why is the media coverage of this case so large.  I had to think about this a bit as I had to go back and figure out why I was so intrigued by this case.  

1. I do believe that the media will give us what we the viewers/listeners want.  The amount of people on this site as well as many others is one of the reasons why  there is such an emphasis on this case…We want to hear about it.

2. Why are so many of us intrigued?  I think it would be because a seemingly “happy” event turned ghastly wrong for a graduating senior whose life was about to begin.  This would explain a lot of young people being intrigued.  Secondly, as it was a group of high school graduates who had some teachers as “guardians” on the trip would explain why a lot of people who interact with kids might be intrigued (this would apply to me).  And yet another reason would be it was an American citizen in an exotic location-Aruba.  That would explain all the different countries wanting to hear about this case.  There are many others, but these are the ones that came to my mind.
I think that the media feeds us what we want; and in my opinion, by all of us being here (SM) as well as many other sites, that shows the media what we want.

Does this make sense to anyone else?  I will be honest.  I never followed a case so closely until now, but the reasons I just mentioned are why  I feel I am compelled to follow this case.  Someone else might have already said all of these things earlier; I apologize if so.  As I said, I took a break and thought about why I was here and why I care so much.  God bless Natalee, Aruba, the US, and all involved….

you are right.  there are other reasons, slow news cycle, no resolution and the mdia are trapped in the stroy, close to home, high profile family, political pressure.
CaliGirl
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #796 on: June 21, 2005, 02:35:26 PM »

Here's the link to the commercial if anyone wants to laugh their butt of!! lol Sroll down to the Careerbuilder.com Monkey Business link LMAO

http://www.ifilm.com/superbowl?htv=12
joebob
Scared Monkey

« Reply #797 on: June 21, 2005, 02:35:52 PM »

Quote from: "Rob"
so the pictures are nothing that could be used to prove that she was alive after may 30?

What I had read was that camera had pictures prior to the trip and then some from the trip. Her mother had apparently taken a second look at the camera and found some that she did not previously see.  

The photos were shots all prior to the C&C visit.  Maybe the photos have been studied more extensively at this point and there is some evidence contained within.
waitingtoknow
Scared Monkey

« Reply #798 on: June 21, 2005, 02:35:53 PM »

I FINALLY found those pics that we were talking about ROB.... if anybody is interesting in seeing what we were talking about... "pantyboy" looking like the guy in the pic with the brother...here is the link

http://photobucket.com/albums/a213/marigotbay/?action=view¤t=jaipur.jpg

compare 1st slide - guy with the black cap
AND
3rd slide - "pantyboy"
wantsanswers
Scared Monkey

« Reply #799 on: June 21, 2005, 02:36:04 PM »

Quote from: "CaliGirl"
I say John Travolta needs to fly his huge plane there and take us all.  Wink

Whoa, didn't you see the psychic predict his death in a crash as he was flying his own plane? I don't want to take that chance yet!
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.