March 28, 2024, 08:21:56 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: RBN # 15 - 6/21/05  (Read 365365 times)
inspector_detector
Scared Monkey

« Reply #1300 on: June 21, 2005, 05:23:27 PM »

Quote from: "KerinTX"
what my mind always goes back to is the so-called "Golden Hour". This is the first hour within an interrogation in which a high percentage of criminals confess. When you miss that window of opportunity, the precentages go WAY down...and I don't even have facts on what they would be 3 weeks later.
I just feel that since that golden hour was not used, and especially since we are talking about guys who should have cracked very easily, there may never ever be a confession...and no proof found...and therefore, no case to prosecute.

The cops have 4 guys now. If one of them rats out the other 3 in exchange for a light sentence and they find a body, they might have a good case. If it were just 1 suspect then it might be kinda hard.
jane
Scared Monkey

« Reply #1301 on: June 21, 2005, 05:23:48 PM »

Quote from: "alabama_mom_of_2"
Quote from: "lee"
alabama ....it can happen ANYWHERE...at ANYTIME....

but as a parent...as are you.....you know there are unsafe areas, and then there are UNSAFE areas......

eg:.......your 10 yro  going to Chuck E Cheese with his friends for a party....

OR

your 10 yro going to the  mall at 8pm at night to "hang out"....

can't agree more, but, not gonna bash Aruba for it, nor any other place, things happen, and my point being it can happen here, in my front yard, no sense in all the "boycott threats" and stuff like that.  Trust me, I totally believe Natalee will return safely, how, when, where, I don't have those answers, but, im not gonna trash Aruba trying to get them, either!

I couldn't agree more. The people of the US want Natalee, and the Arubans would love nothing more than to give her to us alive and well. Despite some anit-American sentiment, overall, I am impressed with the people of this island. They seemed to be truly concerned about her disappearance and have conducted many searches for her on their own and as part of a government sponsered half-day off to search. I can't think of any time this has happened in the US.
bamajo
Scared Monkey

« Reply #1302 on: June 21, 2005, 05:24:10 PM »

Quote from: "da wench"
Quote from: "Just me"
Quote from: "bamajo"
Quote from: "ShoalsRebel"
Fox reporting that Greta, Natalee's mom, and VDSloot's parents went for 90 min. today at VS's home.  Beth Holloway  thinks Natalee was at VDS house at 3:00 that am.

that is interesting....  i wonder if she knows that and just says she "thinks" it.  i wonder what on earth tipped her off to "think" that?

If Joran and Natalee were at VDS house that night at 3.00 am, I'll bet the forensic experts would have found a lot of evidence overthere..

They sure would have if they had searched the house on May 30th.

you sure got that right!!!

but, wonder if they found anything when they searched the home (2 weeks later,  Rolling Eyes ).  a fiber, a hair, something to indicate she was there.
inspector_detector
Scared Monkey

« Reply #1303 on: June 21, 2005, 05:24:38 PM »

Quote from: "iquitos"
the right thing to do with a girl you drugged and gang raped would be to take her home to sleep it off in your own bed.  

pdtth
Fox reporting that Greta, Natalee's mom, and VDSloot's parents went for 90 min. today at VS's home.  Beth Holloway  thinks Natalee was at VDS house at 3:00 that am.

that is interesting....  i wonder if she knows that and just says she "thinks" it.  i wonder what on earth tipped her off to "think" that?

Damn, sounds like you have some experience in these matters!  Laughing
monkeysMOO
Scared Monkey

« Reply #1304 on: June 21, 2005, 05:24:46 PM »

Quote from: "HannieC"
Hasibokos.com has received information that the police have found a (partially) decapitated body of an Aruban male Saturday morning in the neighborhood called Sabana (see map). . According to preliminary (unconfirmed) reports the man was murdered in his house and then later dumped in a cemetery close by. The scene at the house and the cemetery have been described as gruesome and bloody. There are also reports of an additional person who’s missing on the island. The pickup truck of the missing man has been found, but the man himself is nowhere to be found. This recent murder and additional missing case are all being investigated

What is strange about this case I think is; Why if he`s killed in his house they have brought him to another place (cemetery)? Looks to me that is some sort of 'statement' by the killer(s).

I agree about the 'statement.'  This is something that has made me leery of believing the LE line that this murder is unrelated to the case.

I find it hard to believe that a "crime of passion" scenario would be followed by toting the body to a cemetery, and IMO a murderer would not be inclined to risk exposure with the victim for any length of time... unless there were a very specific, deliberate reason to do so.

O give me a home, where the primates all roam, to opine in the cyber melee!
KerinTX
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1305 on: June 21, 2005, 05:25:25 PM »

what my mind always goes back to is the so-called "Golden Hour". This is the first hour within an interrogation in which a high percentage of criminals confess. When you miss that window of opportunity, the precentages go WAY down...and I don't even have facts on what they would be 3 weeks later.
I just feel that since that golden hour was not used, and especially since we are talking about guys who should have cracked very easily, there may never ever be a confession...and no proof found...and therefore, no case to prosecute.

That's what I'm afraid of.  If these boys think there's a real good chance her body won't be found (because Nat's in the ocean), then why confess.  No body - No crime?

exactly, wenchie  Very Happy

"What a tangled web we weave when first we practice to deceive"
arubagirl
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #1306 on: June 21, 2005, 05:25:30 PM »

Hi guys

First off, McDonald's. I read a post at Riehlworld by a local student ( I think MB) that she heard from someone with the last name Twitty that students saw Paul v/d Sloot at McDonald's at 3 am. How precisely they know that that was the guy I don't know. FYI, McDonald's closes at one, and there are two McDonald's on the island, one in the hotel area and one in Oranjestad. The one in Oranjestad is very much in walking distance of C&C, and the one in the hotel area, I suppose you could walk it from the HI, if you wanted to, but it's not that close. I think it would take you about 7 minutes with ordinary shoes (no high heels).

Second, it's been dead quiet about the suicide attempt. I read the same article and it did refer to the NH case. Now, if the newspaper was accurate..., that's another story.

Third, TOP is saying that Joran was treated in a tough manner, what with being in a freezing room at one time, a hot room the next, dark room, flooded with light, talked to harshly, repeatedly shoved with NH's picture under his nose. No news on how the brothers are treated. In fact, the brothers are not much in the news. I wonder if perhaps they were the son of a 'judge', then they would get the same attention. Anyway, whatever.

Fourth, TOP is also saying that it seems that it is fairly known that something very mysterious happened in Noord. I have no idea what they mean with that. They won't reveal it yet though. Famewhoring bastards!

Where is Noord, you ask? Well, it's a fairly big area. I don't know if they mean Noord itself or they're talking about the surrounding areas as well. Noord could be from Alto Vista until the Tanki Flip traffic circle, so who knows. Montanja, where J v/d S lives, could be considered Noord as well.

Something else I'd like to mention is that I, personally, don't have much faith in Aruban journalism. The newspapers / radios here tend to go to the National Enquirer style. Sometimes they can hit an issue right on the head, but that doesn't seem to happen as much as I like. However, this is my opinion, and not necessarily it's the same as other Arubans.  

Sorry if this has been repeated, but sometimes there are new posters, so I thought I'd rehash some old stuff.

Reading, internet, genealogy.
da wench
Scared Monkey

« Reply #1307 on: June 21, 2005, 05:25:49 PM »

Quote from: "CaliGirl"
Quote from: "Red"
Why did Joran's father pick him up at the MacDonald's at three o'clock, when the brothers who had a car were also there that night??

I am still doubtful of that whole McDonald's story.

The story has changed so many times, what part of any the story is true? First to the light house and then HI. Then left off at the Marriott. Mc Donalds??? What story will they make up yet.

Red, I agree. Another poster asked the question about details of this "McDonalds" story and I was saying I don't buy the story. I keep thinking next I am going to logon and read that Natalee was abducted by aliens.

I just heard Geraldo reporting that Natalee was delivered safe and sound on some mountain with about 4400 other alien abductees.

Back.. oh NO I was Geraldo's (I call him rico suave lmao) name :::cringe:::

Yes, the stories have changed but you have to wonder if they are just that, stories. They aren't allowed to let out anything, so I think it more probable that they are, stories leaked? Any thoughts?

They aren't alowed to let out anything, and normally we wouldn't find out anything, but I guess there are a lot of Aruban people who know more than we do, whereever they got their information.
The laywers weren't suppose to talk with other suspects, and one of them didn't just talk to a witness..but to a suspect, and that shouldn't be possible also when they are under dutch law.

Isn't that why Joran's atty is not allowed to see him for 8 days and then 2 more attys were hired?

Absense diminishes small loves and increases great ones, as the wind blows out the candle and fans the bonfire.
bamajo
Scared Monkey

« Reply #1308 on: June 21, 2005, 05:26:47 PM »

Quote from: "iquitos"
the right thing to do with a girl you drugged and gang raped would be to take her home to sleep it off in your own bed.  

pdtth

pdtth, right back atcha.  don't be makin' fun of me.   Razz
Just me
Scared Monkey

« Reply #1309 on: June 21, 2005, 05:26:54 PM »

Quote from: "wismom"
Evening everyone, Didn't see this here yet but little boy in Utah was found
alive, a little dehydrated, hungry and wanting his Mom.  What a great
day for his family and all the searchers. Praying this happens for Natalee's
family soon. Razz

It's nice to have some good news.  I am so happy for the family.  I just wish we could get some good news about Natalee.

Now that is really good news!! He is a truly scout I guess, he survived several days in nowhere..I am really glad he came home, and I still hope Natalee will too.
iquitos
Scared Monkey

« Reply #1310 on: June 21, 2005, 05:27:24 PM »

the dutch are know world wide as fastidious housekeepers.  i bet mrs.
v/d S cleaned that mess right up

If Joran and Natalee were at VDS house that night at 3.00 am, I'll bet the forensic experts would have found a lot of evidence overthere..

They sure would have if they had searched the house on May 30th.
KerinTX
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1311 on: June 21, 2005, 05:28:05 PM »

"the right thing to do with a girl you drugged and gang raped would be to take her home to sleep it off in your own bed."

Shocked  Shocked  Shocked
WTF??

"What a tangled web we weave when first we practice to deceive"
Just me
Scared Monkey

« Reply #1312 on: June 21, 2005, 05:29:04 PM »

Quote from: "CaliGirl"
Quote from: "Red"
Why did Joran's father pick him up at the MacDonald's at three o'clock, when the brothers who had a car were also there that night??

I am still doubtful of that whole McDonald's story.

The story has changed so many times, what part of any the story is true? First to the light house and then HI. Then left off at the Marriott. Mc Donalds??? What story will they make up yet.

Red, I agree. Another poster asked the question about details of this "McDonalds" story and I was saying I don't buy the story. I keep thinking next I am going to logon and read that Natalee was abducted by aliens.

I just heard Geraldo reporting that Natalee was delivered safe and sound on some mountain with about 4400 other alien abductees.

Back.. oh NO I was Geraldo's (I call him rico suave lmao) name :::cringe:::

Yes, the stories have changed but you have to wonder if they are just that, stories. They aren't allowed to let out anything, so I think it more probable that they are, stories leaked? Any thoughts?

They aren't alowed to let out anything, and normally we wouldn't find out anything, but I guess there are a lot of Aruban people who know more than we do, whereever they got their information.
The laywers weren't suppose to talk with other suspects, and one of them didn't just talk to a witness..but to a suspect, and that shouldn't be possible also when they are under dutch law.

Isn't that why Joran's atty is not allowed to see him for 8 days and then 2 more attys were hired?

Yes it is, this Carlo guy talked to a suspect, not just a witness, it was on a newssite in dutch, I hope I can find the link.
HannieC
Scared Monkey

« Reply #1313 on: June 21, 2005, 05:29:32 PM »

HannieC wrote:
Quote:
Hasibokos.com has received information that the police have found a (partially) decapitated body of an Aruban male Saturday morning in the neighborhood called Sabana (see map). . According to preliminary (unconfirmed) reports the man was murdered in his house and then later dumped in a cemetery close by. The scene at the house and the cemetery have been described as gruesome and bloody. There are also reports of an additional person who’s missing on the island. The pickup truck of the missing man has been found, but the man himself is nowhere to be found. This recent murder and additional missing case are all being investigated  

What is strange about this case I think is; Why if he`s killed in his house they have brought him to another place (cemetery)? Looks to me that is some sort of 'statement' by the killer(s).

I agree about the 'statement.' This is something that has made me leery of believing the LE line that this murder is unrelated to the case.

I find it hard to believe that a "crime of passion" scenario would be followed by toting the body to a cemetery, and IMO a murderer would not be inclined to risk exposure with the victim for any length of time... unless there were a very specific, deliberate reason to do so.

Yes, and maybe they say it isn`t related to the case of natalee, because they don`t want the same mediacoverage of it as now is going on! How else would they know so quickly that this case is not related and stated that???

If you create a theory, you fall in the trap of trying to fit the facts to your theory...
chloe2
Scared Monkey

« Reply #1314 on: June 21, 2005, 05:29:58 PM »

<OFF TOPIC>
Just some good news. The 11 year old boy who went missing in Utah has been found alive.
GutFeeling
Scared Monkey

« Reply #1315 on: June 21, 2005, 05:30:42 PM »

KackyLacky......check this out
arubagirl
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #1316 on: June 21, 2005, 05:31:15 PM »

Carlo is banned from seeing his client until next week Thursday, one of the new att. is Arie de Bie, I don't remember the other att. name.

Does anyone know who Beth Twitty's attorney is? I've heard Gomez or de Souza, but does anyone know for sure?

Reading, internet, genealogy.
inspector_detector
Scared Monkey

« Reply #1317 on: June 21, 2005, 05:32:58 PM »

Quote from: "arubagirl"
Second, it's been dead quiet about the suicide attempt. I read the same article and it did refer to the NH case. Now, if the newspaper was accurate..., that's another story.

I saw a report that said there was a suicide attempt in the juvenile section of the prison but that it DID NOT involve the Holloway suspects.

Also, someone posted in here that Croes was picked up because the 3 boys said he was a witness to dropping off Natalee at HI. Another blogger said that Croes was supplying Deepak with drugs. What do you think? Rolling Eyes
Ting
Scared Monkey

« Reply #1318 on: June 21, 2005, 05:34:27 PM »

made me leery of believing the LE line that this murder is unrelated to the case.

I find it hard to believe that a "crime of passion" scenario would be followed by toting the body to a cemetery

I'm still hoping someone will post some links to crime of passion incidents involving Colombian neckties.
da wench
Scared Monkey

« Reply #1319 on: June 21, 2005, 05:34:47 PM »

Quote from: "inspector_detector"
Quote from: "arubagirl"

I saw a report that said there was a suicide attempt in the juvenile section of the prison but that it DID NOT involve the Holloway suspects.

Also, someone posted in here that Croes was picked up because the 3 boys said he was a witness to dropping off Natalee at HI. Another blogger said that Croes was supplying Deepak with drugs. What do you think? Rolling Eyes

Unfortunately, it doesn't matter what any of us think.  The investigation is going to go according to Dutch law and we just aren't going to know CRAP until they want us too.  

My frustration is growing daily.  Bless Beth for her strength.

Absense diminishes small loves and increases great ones, as the wind blows out the candle and fans the bonfire.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.