April 26, 2024, 02:42:40 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: 9 yo Jacob Wieseckel, Abused & Kept in Box - Judge FB'd Case- Mistrial Declared  (Read 4125 times)
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« on: May 02, 2014, 10:26:29 AM »

http://www.examiner.com/article/runaway-boy-led-tormented-life
Runaway boy led tormented life
August 5, 2014

www.ThePoliceNews.net

GALVESTON - The 9-year old boy who ran away from his Galveston, Texas home in July to avoid confinement in a wooden box, had been living a tormented life, according to information in a report filed with a state district court in Galveston.
It all culminated July 22 when Galveston Police Detective Holly Johnson reported to the Texas Department of Family and Protective Services the youth was living in a box his father, David Wieseckel of Galveston, had constructed and which locked from the outside. The box measured 8 feet by 6 feet and had only a peep hole in it. According to Johnson, Wieseckel said his son was in the box more than he was out of it.
In an interview with CPS caseworker Marla Allen, the 4th grader described occassions on which he said he was abused by his father and stepmother, Linda Schwan-Wieseckel.
More.... (Very sad account of his life and previous CPS involvement)

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2014, 10:27:31 AM »

The date on the article above ^^^ should be August 5, 2012, not 2014.  I apologize for the error. 

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2014, 10:28:54 AM »

There is more about this case I'll post when I come back.  I cannot for the life of me believe a judge posted on FB about this case, causing a mistrial.  He was failed not only by his parents, but also the judge who should be bringing justice.   

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #3 on: May 02, 2014, 12:43:55 PM »

http://www.fox5vegas.com/story/21882382/fugitive-couple-caught-in-vegas-accused-of-boy-in-box
Fugitive couple caught in Vegas, accused of locking boy in box
Posted: Apr 04, 2013 1:11 PM CDT
Updated: Oct 15, 2013 2:51 PM CDT

LAS VEGAS (FOX5/AP) -
A couple from Texas was arrested in Las Vegas this week on warrants connected to allegations they locked a 9-year-old boy in a wooden box.

In arrest declarations released Thursday by Clark County Courts, David Wieseckel and Linda Schwan were arrested Tuesday on multiple warrants for assault on a child.

The declaration stated each had the warrants for their arrest originating in Galveston, TX. The declaration also showed authorities in Las Vegas learned they were residing in a neighborhood near Eastern Avenue and Desert Inn.

Both suspects identified themselves verbally to Las Vegas Metro police before being handcuffed on Tuesday, the arrest declaration showed. They were each booked into Clark County Detention Center.

Last month, a grand jury indicted the couple for allegedly locking up the boy in a 8-by-6 foot wooden box. Authorities said they found out about the boy's living conditions after he ran away last July.

"Both of them are charged with one count of injury to a child based on forcing him to do push-ups," said Adam Poole of the Galveston County District Attorney's Office. "Then David Wieseckel has another count and that's for a choking allegation."

Poole wouldn't go into details about the crimes but he said the office is relieved the couple was found. He doesn't know why they chose to hide out in Las Vegas.

A 72-hour hearing was scheduled Thursday for both Schwan and Wieseckel, according to court records. The Clark County District Attorney's Office said both waived extradition and will be returning to Galveston.

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #4 on: May 02, 2014, 12:47:54 PM »

The presiding judge(or any judge for that matter!)  posting about a child abuse case on FB is ridiculous, and even more so since it was during trial.  

http://www.khou.com/news/neighborhood-news/Judge-calls-mistrial-over-Facebook-posts-in-Boy-in-a-box-case-257552041.html
Judge calls mistrial over Facebook posts in ‘Boy in a box’ case
May 1, 2014

GALVESTON — The trial of a man accused of keeping his son locked in an 8-by-6-foot particleboard box at a Galveston home ended in a mistrial Thursday.
District Judge Lonnie Cox granted the defense’s motion for a mistrial after Judge Michelle Slaughter was recused from the case for posting about the trial on a public Facebook page.

Slaughter was recused from the case of David Wieseckel, 44, on the third day of the trial, when jurors had heard a little more than a day’s worth of testimony.
Cox, who was appointed to preside over the case, said starting the trial over would harm neither the prosecution nor defense in the case.

Green Eyes
Monkey Mega Star

Happy Spring

« Reply #5 on: May 02, 2014, 01:02:12 PM »

There is more about this case I'll post when I come back.  I cannot for the life of me believe a judge posted on FB about this case, causing a mistrial.  He was failed not only by his parents, but also the judge who should be bringing justice.   

WTH 

GOD BLESS AMERICA
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.