April 19, 2024, 02:15:47 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: "Standing against illegal immigration isn’t ‘conservative,’ it’s American"  (Read 1234 times)
WhiskeyGirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« on: May 02, 2014, 06:03:54 PM »

“It’s not 1900 anymore! We are no longer an empty continent looking for people to open the land,” he observes. “We have 23 million Americans looking for work! Have we repealed the laws of Supply and Demand? Employers love cheap labor, but a country should train its own people. Immigration has given us a second underclass in the West, (the Hispanics) and 50 percent of their children don’t finish high school. How do we build a competitive 21st Century economy when our fastest growing demographic fails to graduate 50 percent of their kids from high school?”

Keeping all of this in mind, it is no surprise that illegal immigration is one of the foremost hot-button issues in American politics. Standing against it is another stereotype of the right. History, however, reveals immigration control to be anything but right-wing.

Gov. Lamm notes that the “United States has had two National Commissions looking at the Immigration question, both headed by liberals. Father Hesberg in the 1980s and Congresswoman Barbara Jordan in the 1990s. Both great liberals. Both Commissions recommended that America cut its legal immigration in half, put the emphasis on ‘skilled immigrants,’ and both found that there was no moral or legal reason to tolerate illegal immigration.

“A Nation has its first obligation to its own workers and its own poor. I had a group of Hispanic Americans come into my office in 1976 who worked in a Denver packing plant. They had just been fired by heir employer who turned around and hired illegal aliens for a lot less money. That had a big impact on me.”

read more here - http://www.commdiginews.com/politics-2/standing-against-illegal-immigration-isnt-conservative-its-american-16659/

Why doesn't Main Street come first?

Why aren't able bodied generational welfare recipients finding and keeping the jobs that employ illegal aliens?

All my posts are just my humble opinions.  Please take with a grain of salt.  Smile

It doesn't do any good to hate anyone,
they'll end up in your family anyway...
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.