April 25, 2024, 03:22:51 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Immigrant "Check Your Privilege"  (Read 2033 times)
WhiskeyGirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« on: May 05, 2014, 06:45:08 PM »

JUDICIAL WATCH TAKES ON ILLEGAL ALIEN DRIVERS

On Thursday, Judicial Watch, which successfully challenged a Los Angeles law that said the cars of unlicensed drivers could be released and not impounded, announced it had filed an answer brief after the City of Los Angeles appealed the decision.

The Superior Court had ruled Special Order 7 to be unlawful.  Special Order 7 requires the Los Angeles Police Department (LAPD) regulation to release the cars driven by unlicensed drivers to be released instead of being impounded for 30 days.

The Superior Court ruled in August 2013 that Special Order 7 violated the California Constitution and the California Vehicle Code despite lobbying from the illegal alien community.

read more here - http://www.breitbart.com/Breitbart-California/2014/05/02/Judicial-Watch-Takes-on-Illegal-Alien-Drivers

All immigrants and citizens are not equal.  For some reason, those here illegally seem to be in a class above the legal immigrant and citizens.

just my humble opinions

All my posts are just my humble opinions.  Please take with a grain of salt.  Smile

It doesn't do any good to hate anyone,
they'll end up in your family anyway...
WhiskeyGirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2014, 06:49:14 PM »

Senator Sessions Finds Loophole Allowing Non-English Speakers to Get Disability More Quickly

In the upside-down society that America has become, applicants for disability benefits may falsely claim not to speak English because they will qualify more rapidly.

Disability Enrollees Increased by 230 Percent

The inability to speak English is now considered a determining factor to receive federal disability benefits.

Ranking Member of the Senate Budget Committee Jeff Sessions (R., Ala.) sent a letter obtained exclusively by the Free Beacon to Acting Commissioner of the Social Security Administration Carolyn Colvin on Thursday, raising concerns regarding revelations that individuals who cannot speak English are fast-tracked for disability approval.

“I write to express my concerns about the expanding number of individuals now qualified for Social Security Disability Insurance (SSDI), and to raise a specific issue, the basis for many of these individuals’ disability classification, where the inability to speak English is a determinative factor,” Sessions said.

Sessions revealed a policy for SSDI payments that allows individuals to qualify for benefits more quickly if “they are incapable of communicating in English.”

The Social Security Act allows for the consideration of education when deciding if an individual is disabled. “The education factor is not limited to actual education as it relates to schooling, but includes a linguistic limitation on the ability to communicate in the English language,” Sessions said.

read more here - https://vdare.com/posts/senator-sessions-finds-loophole-allowing-non-english-speakers-to-get-disability-more-quickly

I wonder how long these special immigrants are here before they get a welfare check?  Did they ever work?  Are large charities bringing them in and signing them up for the welfare marketbasket?

What's wrong with this picture?

All my posts are just my humble opinions.  Please take with a grain of salt.  Smile

WhiskeyGirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #2 on: May 05, 2014, 06:53:24 PM »

Administrative Law Judge Larry Butler provides an example of this problem. On July 22, 2012, Judge Butler conducted a hearing with an unrepresented claimant. The Judge had an on-the-record conversation with the claimant in English, before the claimant requested to postpone the hearing and find an attorney. Once the claimant found an attorney, even though he was capable of speaking English, the claimant's lawyer demanded to have an interpreter at the hearing.

The procedure for determining whether someone can speak English is not exhaustive. There are two questions asked: "Can you speak and understand English?"; and, "Can you read and understand English?" If the applicant answers "no" to these questions, the ALJ does not probe any further. It is difficult to see how someone is a U.S. citizen and incapable of speaking or reading the English language. In one case handled by Judge Butler, the claimant answered "no" to both questions in a January 2012 hearing, but had been naturalized as a U.S. citizen in August 1987. As, you know, naturalization requires individuals to have a working knowledge of the English language.[9]

The potential abuse of this process has an important motivation. Individuals who allegedly cannot communicate in English can qualify for benefits five years earlier than those who can. If you cannot communicate in English, you can establish disability at the age of 45. Otherwise, you might be required to wait until the age of 50.

read more here - http://insurancenewsnet.com/oarticle/2014/05/02/sessions-investigates-disability-benefits-being-awarded-on-basis-of-inability-to-a-498182.html#.U2gY4_ldV8E

If you're a citizen veteran, you get on a special secret list for services with the VA...

What's wrong with this picture?

Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.