April 26, 2024, 09:27:02 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: "Christians persecuted at alarming rate in Iran, Arab world, US report says"  (Read 2001 times)
WhiskeyGirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« on: May 07, 2014, 04:55:28 PM »

Christians are under siege in the Middle East, and the Obama administration is not doing enough to stop religious persecution by its allies, according to a new report from a bipartisan federal commission.

The report, from the United States Commission on International Religious Freedom, faulted usual suspects Iran, Saudi Arabia and Pakistan, as well as North Korea. The number of Christians in the Middle East has plunged to just 10 percent of the overall population from more than 25 percent in 2011.

"While the Obama administration should continue to shine a spotlight on abuses through public statements, it also should impose targeted sanctions to demonstrate that there are consequences, too," Dwight Bashir, the commission's deputy director of policy and research, told FoxNews.com. "By not utilizing an existing legislative tool, the United States risks sending the message that it prefers a nuclear deal to standing up for the rights of the Iranian people. The United States should not be confronting such a scenario in the first place."

read more here - http://www.foxnews.com/world/2014/05/07/us-panels-report-documents-christians-under-siege-in-arab-world/

I wonder how much a company would pay if it's statistics showed a 15% drop in employment for a particular race, ethnic, or other protected group?  Would it be front page news?  I recall that companies have been fined for statistical racism on a particular week over the span of a year.  It's like they were looking for a day...

What's wrong with our government?  The ruling class?  All the Washington cronies?

All my posts are just my humble opinions.  Please take with a grain of salt.  Smile

It doesn't do any good to hate anyone,
they'll end up in your family anyway...
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.