March 28, 2024, 07:36:33 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Segregation, Ignorance, and Racism  (Read 843 times)
WhiskeyGirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« on: May 18, 2014, 10:22:02 PM »

“Today, by some measures, our schools are as segregated as they were back when Dr. King gave his final speech,” she told the 1,200 seniors and their families.

“Many districts in this country have actually pulled back on efforts to integrate their schools, and many communities have become less diverse as folks have moved from cities to suburbs And as a result, many young people in America are going to school largely with kids who look just like them.

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2014/may/18/curl-for-michelle-obama-world-is-black-and-white-b/

I imagine that most young people on planet Earth go to school largely with kids who look just like them...

Does China worry about ethnic, racial, or religious diversity in the school system?  India?  Africa?  How diverse is Oprah's school for girls in Africa?

What exactly is the fixation on skin color with the ruling class?  The Obama's?  The Obama administration?

If other nations can produce excellence in education without diversity of skin color, what is wrong in the USA?  Chicago?  New York?  Other failing segregated areas?  If one group of segregated students can succeed, why aren't they all successful?

Who do Japanese students, parents, and society blame for school failures? 

Crumbling schools?  Aren't their able bodied non working men and women that could take care of basic maintenance?  Paint a class room?  Insist that the school system is functional?

Barack Obama had a mom that got him up early, before school, to teach him supplemental material.  Ben Carson's single mom encouraged her sons to be successful in education.  She checked their homework and kept them on track to prosper.

What's wrong with parents of the failed students?  The crumbling schools? 

I don't think segregation is an excuse for failure.  Many in third world and developing countries lack shoes, food, books, and crumbling schools.  They come from communities that value education.  The children learn and may marvel at the amazing things available to even the poorest American.

Why are some people in the USA obsessed with race?  Segregation?

I don't think segregated schools are an excuse for failure.  In other countries, where everyone is of the same race, religious, or ethic background students prosper. 

Why aren't they focusing on failed parents?  Failed communities? 

Just my humble opinions and observations.

All my posts are just my humble opinions.  Please take with a grain of salt.  Smile

It doesn't do any good to hate anyone,
they'll end up in your family anyway...
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.