April 20, 2024, 07:08:40 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: California College Campus Shooting - May 24, 2014  (Read 6715 times)
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« on: May 24, 2014, 06:59:26 PM »

7 dead, including gunman, in shooting near Calif. college campus: Hollywood director suspects son
May 24, 2014

A lawyer for a Hollywood director says he suspects his son carried out a mass shooting near the Santa Barbara campus late Friday that left seven people dead, including the gunman, and 11 injured in what authorities say was a “premeditated mass murder.”

Authorities have not confirmed the identity of the gunman who was found dead of a gunshot wound to the head at the end of Friday’s rampage. But lawyer Alan Shifman, attorney for Peter Rodger, an assistant director on “The Hunger Games” film series, says that Rodger believes the shooter is his 22-year-old son Elliot Rodger, and that his family had called police weeks before about disturbing YouTube videos he had posted, his lawyer.

ADVERTISEMENT
Police say a gunman driving a BMW near the university campus carried out the rampage. Authorities described the tragedy as "obviously the work of a mad man."

Eleven people were injured, including one who has undergone surgery, following the shooting spree in the beachside community of Isla Vista, Santa Barbara County Sheriff Bill Brown said.

The gunman got into two gun battles before crashing into a parked car. Deputies found the lone suspect dead, but it wasn't immediately clear whether he was killed by gunfire or if he committed suicide, Brown said.

Fox News confirmed that several of the dead were killed at a sorority house.

Shifman says the director's family called police several weeks ago after being alarmed by YouTube videos "regarding suicide and the killing of people."

The lawyer said police conducted an investigation and interviewed the young man. Shifman said police did not find a history of guns, but did say the man had trouble making friends.

“This was a premeditated mass murder, “ Brown said. He called the killer "severely mentally disturbed."

<snipped>

READ MORE:
http://www.foxnews.com/us/2014/05/24/at-least-7-dead-in-shootings-in-santa-barbara-area/

Loving Natalee - Beth Holloway
Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2014, 07:12:01 PM »

Alleged Shooter Elliot Rodger’s Disturbing Video Manifesto of Greed, Pride, Lust, Envy, and Wrath
Posted on May 24, 2014 at 5:05 PM

Six people were murdered and at least seven injured in a rampage in Santa Barbra last night. The gunman, too, is dead. The alleged shooter Elliot Rodger left behind a disturbing internet catalog of his warped desires and his thirst for vengeance at his perceived slights and social status.

<snipped>

Video:
http://therightscoop.com/alleged-shooter-elliot-rodgers-disturbing-video-manifesto-of-greed-pride-lust-envy-and-wrath/

Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2014, 08:22:31 PM »

A press conference is happening momentarily on CNN.

Janet
5:40 PM

++++

Isla Vista shooting: 3 bodies removed from alleged gunman's apartment
MAY 24, 2014  4:22 PM

Authorities on Saturday afternoon removed three bodies from the apartment of the suspect in Friday night's shooting rampage that left seven people dead in Isla Vista, near UC Santa Barbara.

Witnesses told The Times the Santa Barbara County coroner's office and FBI were at the apartment just a few blocks from the university through the afternoon. It was unclear whether the bodies were new victims or part of the seven that police had announced Saturday morning.

The suspect, Elliot Rodger, a Santa Barbara City College student and son of a film director, had also apparently left a printed manifesto describing his anger and alienation.

Channel 3 in Santa Barbara obtained a copy of the 140-page document, which read in part: "On the day before the Day of Retribution, I will start the First Phase of my vengeance: Silently killing as many people as I can around Isla Vista by luring them into my apartment through some form of trickery."

The manifesto appears to be similar to YouTube videos Rodger made.

One of Rodger's parents called a law enforcement agency last month, warning them about disturbing videos he was posting online, according to a source close to the family. It was unclear which videos they saw.

In the last video posted on Friday night and titled "Elliot Rodger's retribution,” Rodger described his anger toward women and men.

<snipped>

READ MORE:
http://www.latimes.com/local/lanow/la-me-ln-isla-vista-shooting-bodies20140524-story.html

_____

Red
Administrator
Monkey Junky

« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2014, 09:22:45 PM »

Mass Murder: Gunman and 6 Other Killed After Shooter Opened Fire in Isla Vista near the University of California, Santa Barbara Friday Night (Update: Elliot Rodger’s Retribution VIDEO … “I’ll take great pleasure in slaughtering all of you.”)(Update: 140 Page Manifesto, “My Twisted World”)

http://scaredmonkeys.com/2014/05/24/mass-murder-gunman-and-6-other-killed-after-shooter-opened-fire-in-isla-vista-near-the-university-of-california-santa-barbara-friday-night/

SEVEN DEAD INCLUDING GUNMAN IN SHOOTINGS NEAR THE UNIVERSITY OF CALIFORNIA, SANTA BARBARA …

Gunfire erupted last night  just before 9:30 p.m. PDT in the coastal college town of Isla Vista near the University of California, Santa Barbara as a gunman shot victims while he was inside his car, a black BMW. In the end, seven people were killed, including the gunman. It is not yet known whether the gunman’s wounds were self-inflicted or not. Also, seven victims were hospitalized and at least one of them had undergone surgery for life-threatening injuries as a result of the attacks.

A gunman and six others were killed and seven more injured when a shooter opened fire in the coastal college town of Isla Vista near the University of California, Santa Barbara Friday night, officials said.

The suspected gunman died of a gunshot wound to the head, Santa Barbara County Sheriff Bill Brown said at a Saturday morning news conference.

He could not confirm whether the gunshot was self-inflicted.

Seven victims were hospitalized and at least one of them had undergone surgery for life-threatening injuries, Brown said.
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #4 on: May 24, 2014, 09:24:47 PM »

Santa Barbara Killer Began By Stabbing 3 in His Home
May 24, 2014

The gunman who killed six people in a furious shooting rampage near the University of California, Santa Barbara began the spree by stabbing to death three people in his home, police said tonight.

<snipped>

Concerns Over Rodger's Well Being Reported

Schifman said in recent weeks that Rodger’s parents were concerned for their son's well being and reported his disturbing YouTube videos to police, which lead to an investigation. According to Schifman, police interviewed Rodger and found him to be “polite and kind.” He did not specify which law enforcement division conducted the interview.

A social worker also contacted police about Rodger last week, said Schifman.

<snipped>

http://abcnews.go.com/US/santa-barbara-shooting-suspect-vowed-retribution-video/story?id=23853918

_____

Red
Administrator
Monkey Junky

« Reply #5 on: May 24, 2014, 09:28:21 PM »

From the entitled punk killer's 140 page Manifesto ... "My Twisted Word"

AGE 9

Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #6 on: May 24, 2014, 09:32:13 PM »

_____

Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #7 on: May 24, 2014, 09:34:08 PM »

I apologize.  I didn't realize the image would be so large.

Janet

_____

Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #8 on: May 24, 2014, 09:48:42 PM »

There were red flags.

Janet

+++++

May 24, 2014

<snipped>

Police said three guns were recovered from Rodger's car. Police said he had more than 400 rounds of ammunition.

"All were legally purchased from federally licensed dealers and all were registered to the suspect," the sheriff said.

Brown said cops have had three previous contacts with Rodger before Friday's shooting, including when a member of Rodger's family asked police to check on him because of alarm over his behavior and videos.

Brown said the cops found no reason to take further action on Rodger.

One of the other incidents occurred in January when he made a citizen's arrest of his roommate for allegedly stealing three candles, and again in July 2013 when he claimed he had been assaulted. Police determined that Rodger may have been the aggressor, Brown said.

Rodger was being treated by multiple therapists and was a student at Santa Barbara City College, said family lawyer Alan Schifman.

The lawyer said that Rodger’s family was “devastated.”

“They want to send the deepest condolences to all the victims' families involved at this time,” he said.

<snipped>

Schifman said Rodger was diagnosed as being a high-functioning patient with Asperger syndrome and had trouble making friends.

"There was an incident probably a year and a half ago where he was...he fell from a balcony at a party or was thrown off of it. I think he was probably a victim from my understanding of bullying throughout his life... I'm sure that had played a role in the terrible consequences from last night," the lawyer said.

<snipped>

http://abcnews.go.com/US/santa-barbara-shooting-suspect-vowed-retribution-video/story?id=23853918

_____

Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #9 on: May 24, 2014, 09:57:13 PM »

Elliot Rodger's Entire 140-Page Manifesto Is Now Available Online and It's Frightening
Posted 05/24/2014

http://fusion.net/justice/story/elliot-rodgers-entire-140-page-manifesto-now-online-713671

_____

Samantha
Scared Monkey

« Reply #10 on: May 25, 2014, 12:14:16 AM »

Elliot Rodger's Entire 140-Page Manifesto Is Now Available Online and It's Frightening
Posted 05/24/2014

http://fusion.net/justice/story/elliot-rodgers-entire-140-page-manifesto-now-online-713671

Reading it now and on page 50. His step mother is probably lucky it wasn't her (lots of hatred her way) she seemed to be the only one to care about his WoW obsession and set appropriate limits.. Not that it was the cause but children/teens need limits on those things... Especially ones that are already antisocial and maladjusted.

Also.. I wonder if he journaled at a young age or how he remembered the amount of detail in the specific incidents/perceived slights during elementary school. From that time period, I think I remember one incident in hazy detail and the rest are just random flashes of moments
Samantha
Scared Monkey

« Reply #11 on: May 25, 2014, 01:45:10 AM »

Posted 05/24/2014

Reading it now and on page 50. His step mother is probably lucky it wasn't her (lots of hatred her way) she seemed to be the only one to care about his WoW obsession and set appropriate limits.. Not that it was the cause but children/teens need limits on those things... Especially ones that are already antisocial and maladjusted.

Also.. I wonder if he journaled at a young age or how he remembered the amount of detail in the specific incidents/perceived slights during elementary school. From that time period, I think I remember one incident in hazy detail and the rest are just random flashes of moments

Saw it coming.. Page 127-128 talks about killing his stepbrother and stepmother on the day of retribution.
Samantha
Scared Monkey

« Reply #12 on: May 25, 2014, 02:09:17 AM »

Posted 05/24/2014

Saw it coming.. Page 127-128 talks about killing his stepbrother and stepmother on the day of retribution.

Oops half brother not stepbrother

After having read the entire thing...

He had
-a warped view of women and sex
-Delusions of grandeur (talked often of being destined for greatness and also how he was often high above others) also concerning his actual plan
-racist (always had derogatory comments about minorities and how they were beneath him)
-was coddled by his mother, coddled and ignored by his father and his stepmother was the only one that tried to set boundaries for him.. Which he hated her for. Also despised his sister and half bro for being well adjusted
-Was never taught responsibility and was able to go without keeping a job and often dropping all his classes (after finding himself enraged at other students like pretty girls in relationships with those he considered beneath him)
-multiple incidents of acting out against people although only once was it brought to cops attention. (Often throwing drinks on happy couples as he drove/ran by.)
-spoke of his radical views to at least two friends (one who repeatedly scolded him about it and eventually cut ties after he explained to the friend the violent ways he wanted to punish those happy couples around)

How the hell did he remember all this.. His whole life was he just keeping track of all the wrongs he believed people committed against him.
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #13 on: May 25, 2014, 10:45:37 AM »

Samantha

Thanks for the glimpse into the warped paranoid mindset of Elliot Rodger.

This young man was a time bomb waiting to explode.  Authorities were warned by a family members regarding Elliot's disturbing videos.  Why was that warning not acted upon?  Why did Elliot's own words in videos  not imply at the very least the confiscating of any registered firearms?

Janet

+++++

May 24, 2014

<snipped>

Police said three guns were recovered from Rodger's car. Police said he had more than 400 rounds of ammunition.

"All were legally purchased from federally licensed dealers and all were registered to the suspect," the sheriff said.

Santa Barbara Shooter Called His Loneliness a "Darkest Hell"

Brown said cops have had three previous contacts with Rodger before Friday's shooting, including when a member of Rodger's family asked police to check on him because of alarm over his behavior and videos.

Brown said the cops found no reason to take further action on Rodger.

<snipped>

_____

Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #14 on: May 25, 2014, 11:39:16 AM »

Authorities detail moments of terror in California shooting rampage
Published May 25, 2014

<snipped>

On April 30, officials went to his Isla Vista apartment to check on him at the request of his family. But deputies reported back that he was shy, polite and having a difficult social life but did not need to be taken in for mental health reasons, Brown said. Rodger says in his manifesto: "If they had demanded to search my room ... That would have ended everything. For a few horrible seconds I thought it was all over."

Attorney Alan Shifman said the Rodger family had called police after being alarmed by YouTube videos "regarding suicide and the killing of people" that Elliot Rodger had been posting.

<snipped>

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2014/05/25/authorities-detail-moments-terror-in-california-shooting-rampage/

_____

Red
Administrator
Monkey Junky

« Reply #15 on: May 25, 2014, 01:15:21 PM »

Surveillance Video from Santa Barbara Deli Shows Moment Mentally Disturbed Elliot Rodger Opened Fire Gunning Down 20 Year Old UCSB Student Christopher Martinez

http://scaredmonkeys.com/2014/05/25/surveillance-video-from-santa-barbara-deli-shows-moment-mentally-disturbed-elliot-rodger-opened-fire-gunning-down-20-year-old-ucsb-student-christopher-martinez/

Surveillance video from the IV Deli Mart,  one of ten locations around the University of California at Santa Barbara campus, where Elliot Rodger went on a bloody rampage, captures the very moment began shooting at innocent customers in the store. Sadly, 20 year old UCSB student Christopher Martinez was killed at the location.
Red
Administrator
Monkey Junky

« Reply #16 on: May 25, 2014, 01:16:26 PM »

Three Victims of Mass Shootings Identified By Police: 22 Year Old Katie Cooper, 19 Year Old Veronika Weiss & 20 Year Old Christopher Michael-Martinez … All University of California Santa Barbara Student … RIP

http://scaredmonkeys.com/2014/05/25/three-victims-of-mass-shootings-identified-by-police-22-year-old-katie-cooper-19-year-old-veronika-weiss-20-year-old-christopher-michael-martinez-all-university-of-california-santa-barbara-st/

Please ay a prayer for the family and loved ones of the Isla Vista Mass shooting victims … REST IN PEACE.

Three victims of the mass shootings at the hands of 22 year old Elliot Rodger have been identified by authorities. The three victims ID’d were all  University of California Santa Barbara students. Four others were also killed, including the gunman and several others were injured in the shooting rampage. 22 year old Katie Cooper and 19 year old Veronika Weiss were Delta Delta Delta sorority sisters who died after being shot outside the Alpha Phi sorority house at the 800 block of Embarcadero del Norte close to the campus of the University of California at Santa Barbara (UCSB).

Thousands of mourners gathered for a vigil in Isla Vista at University of California, Santa Barbara on Saturday evening as students and community members sang ‘Amazing Grace’.
Samantha
Scared Monkey

« Reply #17 on: May 25, 2014, 02:29:28 PM »

Samantha

Thanks for the glimpse into the warped paranoid mindset of Elliot Rodger.

Welcome..

I forgot to mention a sense of entitlement and also his major insecurity regarding his height.

His views of women were really warped and misogynistic  though.. and there was a build of his anger towards beautiful women and those men who were with them(able to be in normal relationships)
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #18 on: May 25, 2014, 08:32:01 PM »

Alleged Shooter Elliot Rodger’s Disturbing Video Manifesto of Greed, Pride, Lust, Envy, and Wrath
Posted on May 24, 2014 at 5:05 PM

Six people were murdered and at least seven injured in a rampage in Santa Barbra last night. The gunman, too, is dead. The alleged shooter Elliot Rodger left behind a disturbing internet catalog of his warped desires and his thirst for vengeance at his perceived slights and social status.

<snipped>

Video:
http://therightscoop.com/alleged-shooter-elliot-rodgers-disturbing-video-manifesto-of-greed-pride-lust-envy-and-wrath/

Apparently YouTube has removed the last video that Elliot Rodger recorded just prior to his murderous rampage.

The following is a transcript of that video.

Janet

+++++

Transcript of video manifesto by suspected UC-Santa Barbara shooter
Published: May 24

The video transcript

“Elliot Rodger here.

“This is my last video. It all has to come to this. Tomorrow is the day of retribution; the day in which I will have my revenge against humanity. Against all of you.

“For the last eight years of my life, ever since I hit puberty, I have been forced to endure an existence of loneliness, rejection and unfulfilled desires. All because girls have never been attracted to me. Girls gave their affection and sex and love to other men but never to me. I am 22, and I am still a virgin. I have never even kissed a girl. I have been through college for 21 / 2 years, more than that actually, and I am still a virgin. It has been very torturous.

“College is the time when everyone experiences those things such as sex and fun and pleasure. In those years, I have had to rot in loneliness. It is not fair. You girls have never been attracted to me. I don’t know why you girls aren’t attracted me. But I will punish you all for it. It is an injustice, a crime. I don’t know what you don’t see in me. I am the perfect guy, and yet you throw yourselves at all these obnoxious men instead of me — the supreme gentleman. I will punish all of you for it.

“On the day of retribution, I am going to enter the hottest sorority house of UCSB, and I will slaughter every single spoiled, stuck-up blond slut I see inside there.

“All those girls that I have desired so much, they all rejected me and looked down on me as an inferior man . . . while they throw themselves at these obnoxious brutes. I will take great pleasure in slaughtering all of you. You will finally see that I am, in truth, the superior one. The true alpha male.

“After I have annihilated every single girl in the sorority house, I will take to the streets of Isle Vista and slay every single person I see there. All those popular kids who live such lives of hedonistic pleasure while I have had to rot in loneliness all these years . . . now, I will be a god compared to you. You will all be animals. You are animals, and I will slaughter you like animals. I will be a god, exacting my retribution on all those who deserve it. And you do deserve it, just for the crime of living a better life than me. All you popular kids, you never accepted me, and now you will all pay for it.

“Girls, all I have ever wanted was to love you and to be loved by you. I wanted a girlfriend, I wanted sex, I wanted love, affection, adoration. You think I am unworthy of it. That is a crime that can never be forgiven. If I can’t have you, girls, I will destroy you. You denied me a happy life, and in turn I will deny all of you life. It is only fair. I hate all of you. Humanity is a disgusting, wretched, depraved species. If I had it in my power, I would stop at nothing to reduce every single one of you to mountains of skulls, rivers of blood. You deserve to be annihilated. I will give that to you. You never showed me any mercy, so I will show you none. You forced me to suffer all my life, now I will make all of you suffer.

“I have waited a long time for this. I will give you exactly what you deserve, all of you, all you girls who rejected me, looked down on me, and, you know, treated me like scum while you gave yourselves to other men. All of you men for living a better life than me. I hate you. I hate all of you. I can’t wait to give you what you deserve: utter annihilation.”

http://www.washingtonpost.com/national/transcript-of-video-manifesto-by-suspected-uc-santa-barbara-shooter/2014/05/24/04da4618-e381-11e3-9743-bb9b59cde7b9_story.html?tid=pm_pop

_____

Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #19 on: May 25, 2014, 08:48:54 PM »

Posted 05/24/2014

My Twisted World The Story of Elliot Rodger
By Elliot Rodger

Introduction

Humanity… All of my suffering on this world has been at the hands of humanity, particularly women. It has made me realize just how brutal and twisted humanity is as a species. All I ever wanted was to fit in and live a happy life amongst humanity, but I was cast out and rejected, forced to endure an existence of loneliness and insignificance, all because the females of the human species were incapable of seeing the value in me.

This is the story of how I, Elliot Rodger, came to be. This is the story of my entire life. It is a dark story of sadness, anger, and hatred. It is a story of a war against cruel injustice. In this magnificent story, I will disclose every single detail about my life, every single significant experience that I have pulled from my superior memory, as well as how those experiences have shaped my views of the world. This tragedy did not have to happen. I didn’t want things to turn out this way, but humanity forced my hand, and this story will explain why. My life didn’t start out dark and twisted. I started out as a happy and blissful child, living my life to the fullest in a world I thought was good and pure…

READ MORE:

http://www.scribd.com/doc/225960813/Elliot-Rodger-Santa-Barbara-mass-shooting-suspect-My-Twisted-World-manifesto

Could it be that along with the video ... Elliot Rodger's 141 page manifesto will also go "poof" from the internet.  It was unbelievable to me how quickly it was released.  I assume that it was discovered in his room by investigators.

Janet

+++++

Authorities detail moments of terror in California shooting rampage
Published May 25, 2014

<snipped>

On April 30, officials went to his Isla Vista apartment to check on him at the request of his family. But deputies reported back that he was shy, polite and having a difficult social life but did not need to be taken in for mental health reasons, Brown said. Rodger says in his manifesto: "If they had demanded to search my room ... That would have ended everything. For a few horrible seconds I thought it was all over."

Attorney Alan Shifman said the Rodger family had called police after being alarmed by YouTube videos "regarding suicide and the killing of people" that Elliot Rodger had been posting.

<snipped>

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2014/05/25/authorities-detail-moments-terror-in-california-shooting-rampage/

_____

Pages: 1 2 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.