March 29, 2024, 12:45:26 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Taliban Terrorists Released to Free POW Bowe Bergdahl - May 31, 2014  (Read 13098 times)
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #60 on: June 05, 2014, 11:35:28 PM »

'We would all die for him': 6 soldiers who served with Bergdahl seek answers
Published June 05, 2014

Six soldiers who served in the same platoon as Sgt. Bowe Bergdahl in Afghanistan expressed anger, sadness and outrage over what they said unequivocally was Bergdahl’s willful desertion five years ago, with one telling Fox News’ Megyn Kelly, “we would all die for him and he left.”

<snipped>

INTERVIEW - VIDEO
http://www.foxnews.com/us/2014/06/05/would-have-died-for-him-6-soldiers-who-served-with-bergdahl-seek-answers/

Loving Natalee - Beth Holloway
Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #61 on: June 09, 2014, 04:50:52 PM »

s there a bigger story behind the Bergdahl exchange?
Jun. 09, 2014 - 3:39

Columnist Bill Robinson weighs in

http://video.foxnews.com/v/3613174623001/is-there-a-bigger-story-behind-the-bergdahl-exchange/#sp=show-clips

Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #62 on: June 09, 2014, 06:03:13 PM »

Bergdahl’s parents got rare access to insiders; data for sympathizer of Gitmo detainees
Sunday, June 8, 2014

The Obama administration gave the parents of Army Sgt. Bowe Bergdahl extraordinary insider access to the military’s hunt for their son by having them take part in a series of secure video conferences with senior commanders as well as White House and State Department officials.

A former government official involved in American hostage issues said he had never heard of giving a family such access and questioned whether sensitive information could have been conveyed to Robert and Jani Bergdahl and somehow leaked out. A family spokesman said he knows of no such breach.

Soon after Sgt. Bergdahl went missing in Afghanistan in June 2009, the Obama administration approved an outreach program that involved the Bergdahls traveling from their home in Hailey, Idaho, to the state’s National Guard headquarters in Boise.

There they were hooked into secure video conferences that included representatives of U.S. Central Command, which runs the war in Afghanistan, as well as with White House, State Department and intelligence officials.

Robert Bergdahl has expressed concern for prisoners at the U.S. military detention facility at Guantanamo Bay, Cuba. From that prison, the U.S. released five senior Taliban commanders May 31 in exchange for the 28-year-old Sgt. Bergdahl, who was held five years by the violent Haqqani Network, a Taliban ally.

Air Force Col. Timothy Marsano, Idaho’s National Guard spokesman, said the Bergdahls participated in video conferences quarterly — or perhaps as many as 20 — over the five years.

“Mr. and Mrs. Bergdahl were regularly informed about what was happening throughout the duration using video teleconferencing [with] various military and other government agencies,” Col. Marsano said.

“There was a great effort to keep Mr. and Mrs. Bergdahl updated on developments.”

There is no Army post in Idaho. The Guard offered to help the Bergdahls with media relations, and they accepted, said Col. Marsano, who has served as the family’s spokesman.

Asked about the video conferences, Navy Cmdr. Elissa Smith, a Pentagon spokeswoman, said: “While I don’t have specific details to provide, I can tell you that we actively communicated with the Bergdahl family on a regular basis through a variety of means to keep them informed on the efforts to recover Sgt. Bergdahl and to highlight the close coordination and teamwork between U.S. Central Command, the Department of Defense and other U.S. government agencies.”

Robert Bergdahl has expressed sympathy for the al Qaeda and Taliban captives at Guantanamo, as he has for other prisoners, both Christian and Muslim, around the world.

Shortly before his son’s release, he tweeted: “I am still working to free all Guantanamo prisoners. God will repay for the death of every Afghan child, ameen!” That message on Twitter was later deleted.

In 2011, he issued a personal video urging the Pakistani military to secure his son’s release.

“Strangely to some, we must also thank those who have cared for our son for almost two years,” Mr. Bergdahl said. Addressing the Haqqanis, he said, “We know our son is a prisoner and, at the same time, a guest in your home.”

He also said, “We have been quiet in public, but we haven’t been quiet behind the scenes,” and “no family understands the detainee issue like ours.”

<snipped>

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2014/jun/8/bergdahls-parents-got-rare-access-to-insiders/?page=1

_____

Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #63 on: June 09, 2014, 06:05:15 PM »

Bergdahl’s parents got rare access to insiders; data for sympathizer of Gitmo detainees (Part 2)
Sunday, June 8, 2014

<snipped>

Larry Johnson, who worked on the issue of the American hostages in Lebanon while at the State Department in the 1980s, said he had never heard of bringing families into top-level discussions about efforts to free their relatives.

“It’s wrong,” Mr. Johnson said. “The Bergdahls shouldn’t have been part of that for no other reason than on the off chance they may inadvertently divulge some tactic.

“I mean, it’s one thing for government officials to interview the family, get insights from the family about what’s going on,” he said. “But to put them in the middle of what is essentially a classified secure video conference is ridiculous.”

Asked whether the Bergdahls exposed any sensitive information, Col. Marsano said, “I certainly don’t know of anything like that happening.”

He declined to discuss whether classified matters arose or whether the couple had a security clearance.

“It was very clear to me that the agencies involved, to include the Department of Defense, had a strong interest in ensuring this family had up-to-date information and did not leave them in the dark,” Col. Marsano said.

Sgt. Bergdahl now is undergoing the military’s reintegration process, which at some point includes debriefings on his captivity.

Former Army colleagues accuse Sgt. Bergdahl of desertion, saying he walked off their forward operating base in Paktia province and into the hands of the enemy.

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2014/jun/8/bergdahls-parents-got-rare-access-to-insiders/?page=2

_____

Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #64 on: June 09, 2014, 06:09:31 PM »

Robert and Jani Bergdahl were hooked into multiple secure video conferences

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2014/jun/8/bergdahls-parents-got-rare-access-to-insiders/?page=1

_____

Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #65 on: June 09, 2014, 06:15:20 PM »

Judge Jeanine Pirro Blasts Barack Obama for the Bowe Bergdahl Fiasco and Demands for Obama’s Impeachment … “Mr. President, You are Destroying This Country”

WOW, JUDGE JEANINE PIRRO SAYS WHAT MANY AMERICANS FEEL, ENOUGH IS ENOUGH … MUST WATCH VIDEO!

Posted June 9, 2014 by Scared Monkeys

http://scaredmonkeys.com/2014/06/09/judge-jeanine-pirro-blasts-barack-obama-for-the-bowe-bergdahl-fiasco-and-demands-for-obamas-impeachment-mr-president-you-are-destroying-this-country/

_____

Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #66 on: June 10, 2014, 12:41:55 PM »

Damage Control?

JUNE 1, 2014

Bergdahl release raises questions over security, congressional authority
Sunday, June 1, 2014

Mr. Hagel acknowledged that the law now mandates that the defense secretary give at least 30 days’ notice for such prison transfers but that officials moved under the timeline they did in order to save Sgt. Bergdahl’s life.

“We had information that his health could be deteriorating rapidly,” he said. “There was a question about his safety. We found an opportunity. We took that opportunity. I’ll stand by that decision. I signed off on the decision. The president made the ultimate decision. We did spend time looking at this.”

<snipped>

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2014/jun/1/bergdahl-release-raises-questions-over-security-co/?page=all

JUNE 9, 2014

Obama Administration: Bergdahl Was Chuck Hagel's Call
June 9, 2014

The last question asked at Monday night's closed-door briefing of members of the House of Representatives was a simple one: Who made the decision to transfer five top Taliban officials held at Guantanamo Bay to Qatar in exchange for the return of the Taliban's lone American POW, Army sergeant Bowe Bergdahl?

According to Buck McKeon, the chairman of the House Armed Services committee, the Obama administration's briefers told the gathered House members that the person responsible for the decision to make the deal was not President Obama but Chuck Hagel, the secretary of defense.

<snipped>

http://www.weeklystandard.com/blogs/obama-putting-unpopular-bergdahl-trade-hagel_794543.html#.U5ZkaxAVdnk.twitter

_____

Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #67 on: June 10, 2014, 01:02:08 PM »

Polls Show Barack Obama Once Again on the Wrong Side of the American People with Army Sgt. Bowe Bergdahl Swap for GITMO 5

THE AMERICA BACKLASH AGAINST OBAMA AND HIS DEAL TO GIVE UP 5 HIGH RANKING TALIBAN DETAINEES FOR WHAT APPEARS TO BE A DESERTER …

Posted June 10, 2014 by Scared Monkeys

http://scaredmonkeys.com/2014/06/10/polls-show-barack-obama-once-again-on-the-wrong-side-of-the-american-people-with-army-sgt-bowe-bergdahl-swap-for-gitmo-5/comment-page-1/#comment-4615080

_____

Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #68 on: June 10, 2014, 05:51:48 PM »

THE AMERICA BACKLASH AGAINST OBAMA AND HIS DEAL TO GIVE UP 5 HIGH RANKING TALIBAN DETAINEES FOR WHAT APPEARS TO BE A DESERTER …

Posted June 10, 2014 by Scared Monkeys

+++++++

Administrative Damage Control?

Bergdahl’s Platoon Leader: WH Attacking Our Character, Not Our Story, Because Our Story is True
June 10, 2014

Hannity

EVAN BUETOW: We were there on the ground when it happened. We know the truth, I don’t see them attacking our story as much as attacking our characters, so I’m assuming that they understand what we are saying is true or I think they would be attacking out story.

VIDEO:
http://nation.foxnews.com/2014/06/09/bergdahls-platoon-leader-wh-attacking-our-character-not-our-story-because-our-story-true

_____

Sister
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #69 on: June 11, 2014, 11:33:19 AM »

Gosh, are we in "News of the Day" or in the political forum?   

Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #70 on: June 11, 2014, 01:38:41 PM »

JUNE 11, 2014

DEFENSE SECRETARY HAGEL TESTIFIES AT HOUSE HEARING ON TALIBAN PRISONER SWAP

+++++++

Hagel faces skepticism over claim freed Taliban members were only planners
Published June 11, 2014

Defense Secretary Chuck Hagel sought Wednesday to justify to skeptical lawmakers the controversial swap of five hardened Taliban leaders for Sgt. Bowe Bergdahl, claiming the former Guantanamo detainees were planners, and had not directly participated in attacks on Americans.

The chairman of the House Armed Services Committee, Rep. Buck McKeon, R-Calif., quickly pointed out that Usama bin Laden was also a planner. "Bin Laden didn't pull a trigger, but we went after him," McKeon said.

Hagel, in the first public hearing on the controversial prisoner swap, said he has no illusions about the five men traded for Bergdahl's freedom. He acknowledged the possibility that they could rejoin the fight, but said they would do so "at their own peril."

But in defending the trade, he said they had not been implicated in any attacks against the U.S. and there was no basis to prosecute them.

He said there was "no direct evidence of any direct involvement in their direct attacks on the United States or any of our troops," though they were combatants and "part of planning."

Rep. Mac Thornberry, R-Texas, asked him to clarify.   

"So your point was they didn't pull the trigger, but they were senior commanders of the Taliban military who directed operations against the United States?" he asked.

"That's right," Hagel said.

<snipped>

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2014/06/11/hagel-defends-bergdahl-swap-in-first-public-hearing-on-trade/

Romans 1:22:  Although they claimed to be wise, they became fools.

_____

Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #71 on: June 12, 2014, 02:27:35 PM »

Bowe Bergdahl being flown from Germany to US
Published June 12, 2014

Bowe Bergdahl, the U.S. Army sergeant who spent five years as a captive in Afghanistan before being traded for five high-profile Taliban leaders, is coming back to the United States sometime late tonight or early tomorrow morning, Fox News has learned.

Bergdahl, who has been undergoing unspecified treatment at a U.S. facility in Landstuhl, Germany, since he was turned over to the U.S. on May 31, will be flown to Brook Army Medical Center, at Fort Sam Houston, in San Antonio. It is not known how long he will remain there or if and when he will be questioned about the circumstances behind his apparently voluntary departure from an Army base in Afghanistan in 2009.

Word of his pending arrival came a day after U.S. Defense Secretary Chuck Hagel underwent tough questioning on Capital Hill from members of the House Armed Services Committee. Among other queries, lawmakers wanted to know why Bergdahl, whose Army peers have branded as a deserter whose capture put them in enhanced danger, was still in Germany.

"You're trying to tell me that he's being held at Landstuhl, Germany, because of his medical condition?" asked an incredulous Rep. Jeff Miller, R-Fla.

"Congressman, I hope you're not implying anything other than that," Hagel responded.

<snipped>

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2014/06/12/bergdahl-writings-reveal-frustration-mental-instability/

_____

Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #72 on: June 12, 2014, 02:37:18 PM »

Daily Commentary – Thursday, June 12, 2014 – Megan Kelly of Fox News Interviews Sgt. Bergdahl’s Platoon Members

They aren’t happy with the Administration or the Military after the prisoner exchange for Sgt. Bergdah

Posted June 12, 2014 by Klaasend

http://scaredmonkeys.com/2014/06/12/daily-commentary-thursday-june-12-2014-megan-kelly-of-fox-news-interviews-sgt-bergdahls-platoon-members/

_____

Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #73 on: July 02, 2014, 03:22:15 PM »

Soldiers who served with Bowe Bergdahl not yet contacted by military investigators
Published July 02, 2014

U.S. Army soldiers who were serving with Sgt. Bowe Bergdahl when he left his post and wound up in the hands of the Taliban say no one has contacted them, even though military brass are currently conducting a new investigation into the case.

Several soldiers who immediately came forward after Bergdahl was released on May 31, in a swap for five Guantanamo Bay detainees, have accused the 28-year-old Idaho native of deserting. But even though the Army is probing that very charge, investigators have not reached out to at least two former Army sergeants — including the platoon’s leader — who served alongside Bergdahl on June 30, 2009, when he disappeared from his post in eastern Afghanistan’s Paktika province.

“There’s only a handful of us who were actually there and we haven’t been contacted yet,” former Army Sgt. Evan Buetow told FoxNews.com. “I don’t really know how in-depth they’re trying to get here. I thought we’d be some of the people they’d call. I think they have their mind made up already on what they want people to know.”

<snipped>

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2014/07/02/bergdahl-fellow-soldiers-not-yet-contacted-in-new-probe/

_____

Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #74 on: July 05, 2014, 10:31:20 PM »

Soldiers who served with Bowe Bergdahl not yet contacted by military investigators
Published July 05, 2014

U.S. Army soldiers who were serving with Sgt. Bowe Bergdahl when he left his post and wound up in the hands of the Taliban say no one has contacted them, even though military brass are currently conducting a new investigation into the case.

Several soldiers who immediately came forward after Bergdahl was released on May 31, in a swap for five Guantanamo Bay detainees, have accused the 28-year-old Idaho native of deserting. But even though the Army is probing that very charge, investigators have not reached out to at least two former Army sergeants — including the platoon’s leader — who served alongside Bergdahl on June 30, 2009, when he disappeared from his post in eastern Afghanistan’s Paktika province.

“There’s only a handful of us who were actually there and we haven’t been contacted yet,” former Army Sgt. Evan Buetow told FoxNews.com. “I don’t really know how in-depth they’re trying to get here. I thought we’d be some of the people they’d call. I think they have their mind made up already on what they want people to know.”

Army officials announced last week that a two-star general, Maj. Gen. Kenneth Dahl, is conducting a new investigation to examine whether Bergdahl went AWOL or deserted his post. Legally, a deserter has no intention of returning to his or her post, while a soldier who goes AWOL intends to rejoin. The probe won’t begin until Bergdahl’s reintegration process is complete, and Dahl’s recommendations will ultimately be sent to the director of the Army staff, who could then approve or alter them before forwarding to Bergdahl’s commander.

For Buetow, who is now working in law enforcement after leaving the Army in 2012, the answer to the key question of the investigation remains unchanged.

“I think it’s very clear he deserted his post,” Buetow told FoxNews.com. “He thought about what he was doing, he mailed some things home, he walked away and we have witnesses who saw him walking away. And if you’re walking away in one of the worst, most dangerous areas of Afghanistan without your weapon and gear, I don’t believe you’re planning on coming back.”

Former Army Sgt. Matt Vierkant, a member of Bergdahl’s unit, told FoxNews.com he has also not been contacted by Army officials since the announcement of the new probe, but acknowledged that sworn statements of nearly every soldier in contact with Bergdahl in 2009 undoubtedly still exist.

“I have confidence that they’re going to do what’s right,” Vierkant said. “I just feel this should’ve happened a long time ago and it should’ve been public.”

Vierkant vehemently maintains that Bergdahl deserted his unit, taking little more than his notebook, a compass, some water and maybe his camera before walking away.

“The most important factor isn’t necessarily why he did it or what made him do it,” Vierkant said. “The most important factor is that he did do it — for whatever reason. That’s enough in my mind to do a court-martial, bring him up under several different charges under the Uniform Code of Military Justice.”

Vierkant said he expects only more damaging evidence to surface regarding Bergdahl during this latest probe, including proof of his intent or even collaboration with insurgents while in captivity.

<snipped>

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2014/07/05/bergdahl-fellow-soldiers-not-yet-contacted-in-new-probe/

_____

Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #75 on: July 14, 2014, 12:36:03 PM »

Former captive Bergdahl returning to regular duty
12:15 p.m. EDT July 14, 2014

Sgt. Bowe Bergdahl has completed the final phase of his reintegration at an Army hospital in Texas and will return to "regular duty," the Army confirmed Monday.

Bergdahl was released from Taliban captivity May 31 in a controversial trade for five Taliban commanders held at the U.S. base at Guantanamo Bay, Cuba. They were released to the government of Qatar, where they must stay for a year.

Bergdahl was held captive by the Taliban for nearly five years after he went missing from his post in Afghanistan in 2009. As part of the reintegration process Bergdahl, 28, received therapy and counseling at an Army hospital in San Antonio, and will be assigned to the same base, Fort Sam Houston.

"He will now return to regular duty within the command where he can contribute to the mission," an Army statement said. "The Army investigation into the facts and circumstances surrounding the disappearance and capture of Bergdahl is still ongoing."

Bergdahl's new assignment will be "commensurate" with his rank, said Don Manuszewski, a spokesman for the Army in San Antonio. Bergdahl was promoted while in captivity.

He will be assigned administrative duties at the headquarters of U.S. Army North at Fort Sam Houston, the Army said.

A couple of soldiers will be assigned to help him transition to his new unit, as is customary for soldiers adjusting to a new unit, and will be assigned to a regular army barracks, the Army said.

"He'll have members of his unit working with him on a daily basis," said Col.Scott Bleichwehl, a spokesman for U.S. Army North. "This is what we do for every new soldier that comes to the unit."

Maj. Gen. Kenneth Dahl has been assigned to investigate Bergdahl's disappearance from his outpost. The Army had said the investigation would have to wait until Bergdahl's health improved.

<snipped>

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation/2014/07/14/bergdahl-active-duty-army/12616549/

_____

Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #76 on: July 14, 2014, 04:47:32 PM »

What is wrong with this picture?

Janet

+++++

Bergdahl’s Platoon Leader: WH Attacking Our Character, Not Our Story, Because Our Story is True
June 10, 2014
http://nation.foxnews.com/2014/06/09/bergdahls-platoon-leader-wh-attacking-our-character-not-our-story-because-our-story-true

Published July 02, 2014
http://www.foxnews.com/us/2014/07/02/bergdahl-fellow-soldiers-not-yet-contacted-in-new-probe/

Pentagon gives pink slips to thousands of soldiers, including active-duty officers
Published July 13, 2014
http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2014/07/13/pentagon-gives-pink-slips-to-hundreds-soldiers-including-active-duty-officers/

Ex-Taliban prisoner Bergdahl to return to Army life, before report on his disappearance
Published July 14, 2014
http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2014/07/14/ex-taliban-prisoner-bergdahl-to-return-to-army-life-before-report-on-his/

Bergdahl could get $350G tax-free, if cleared by Army
Published July 14, 2014
http://www.foxnews.com/us/2014/07/14/bergdahl-could-get-350g-tax-free-if-cleared-by-army/

_____

Pages: « 1 2 3 4   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.