March 28, 2024, 05:18:26 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Three Women Found Dead at Stabbing Scene Inside Ft. Worth, TX House  (Read 6947 times)
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« on: June 03, 2014, 02:34:28 PM »

http://www.wfaa.com/news/crime/3-dead-at-stabbing-scene-in-Fort-Worth-261664191.html
3 people found dead at stabbing scene inside Fort Worth home
June 3, 2014

FORT WORTH — Authorities closed off a block of West Felix Street as they investigated a stabbing that left three women dead Tuesday morning inside a southeast Fort Worth home.
Authorities haven't released the identity of the victims nor the specific number of victims.
A family member at the scene identified the victims as a mother and her two daughters.

Authorities have asked for the public's help in their search for a motive and suspect.

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2014, 02:35:39 PM »

http://abcnews.go.com/US/wireStory/women-found-throats-cut-fort-worth-home-23977168
3 Women Found With Throats Cut in Fort Worth Home
June 3, 2014

Three women have been killed at a home in Fort Worth and a close relative says their throats were cut.

Fort Worth police Sgt. Raymond Bush says officers found multiple bodies around 8 a.m. Tuesday in the single-story home. Bush declined to comment further.

Angel Bueno says three women were killed and that he is the nephew of one of the victims, 48-year-old Cynthia Serrano, who raised him. Bueno says the other victims are Serrano's daughter, 21-year-old April Serrano, and Serrano's sister, 35-year-old Cathy de Leon.

Bueno says Serrano's husband, James Serrano, called 911 and is being questioned by police.

Police did not comment on any suspects.

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2014, 02:37:37 PM »

http://www.myfoxdfw.com/story/25680289/fort-worth-investigating-triple-stabbing
Fort Worth police investigating triple stabbing
June 3, 2014

FORT WORTH, Texas - Police in Fort Worth are trying to figure out who fatally stabbed three women in their home Tuesday morning.

It happened in the 500 block of E. Felix Street.

Family members said 48-year-old Cynthia Serrano's husband made the gruesome discovery around 8 a.m. after coming home from working a graveyard shift.

He called 911 saying, "They stabbed my family. They killed my family," according to a police report.

The family members said Serrano's two daughters, 35-year-old Cathy de Leon and 21-year-old April Serrano, were also killed.

"They went to church every Sunday, never missed a mass. For something like this to happen over night, no one was expecting for this to happen to them," said Rosa Guerrero, the victims' relative.

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #3 on: June 03, 2014, 03:57:46 PM »

http://www.star-telegram.com/2014/06/03/5869858/3-women-found-dead-in-south-fort.html?rh=1
Fort Worth 911 call: ‘They killed my family!’
June 3, 2014

FORT WORTH — Coming home after working a night shift, a Fort Worth husband discovered a gruesome scene Tuesday morning.

“They killed my family!” he screamed in a 911 call placed shortly after 8 a.m.

Inside the house were the bodies of three women, two sisters and one of their daughters.

Fort Worth police continue to investigate the crime scene at the house in the 500 block of W. Felix Street in south Fort Worth.

Anthony DeLeon identified the victims as his sisters Kathy DeLeon, 35, and Cythina DeLeon Serrano, 48, and her daughter, April Serrano, 21.

Speaking to reporters at the scene of Tuesday’s homicides, relative Rosa Guerrero begged for anyone with information to come forward.

“Anything that can lead to whoever did it,” Guerrero pleaded. “We're asking, please.”

Family members cried and clung to each other and later joined in prayer as detectives interviewed witnesses around the small, single-story tan house where the family lived.

The house is across the street from the Fort Worth Public Safety Training, which is under construction.

Guerrero said her aunt, Cythina DeLeon, went to church every Sunday, never missing a Mass.

“No one was expecting for this to happen to them,” Guerrero said.

Anthony DeLeon said the three women had all been safe at home when family members last had contact with them between 10 and 11 p.m. Monday.

“They were fine,” he said.

He said Cynthia DeLeon’s husband returned home from work Tuesday morning to find them dead.

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #4 on: June 03, 2014, 04:30:29 PM »

This article says officers found the women at 8:00 p.m. Tuesday morning.  Previous articles say a relative found them after having worked a night shift and called 911 around 8:00 a.m. Tuesday.  Previous articles posted also say the women were last heard from by family Monday night between 10:00 and 11:00 p.m.  This article says it's believed the women were attacked at some point after 6:30 a.m. Tuesday morning.  Interesting. That's only an hour and a half between the time they may have been attacked and when 911 was contacted.  Small window...  There are errors in this article, I believe, but I posted it because of the possible update in the timeline of a possible time of attack. 

http://www.kwtx.com/home/headlines/Multiple-Bodies-Found-Inside-North-Texas-Home-261686431.html
Three Women Found Dead With Throats Cut In North Texas Home
June 3, 2014

FORT WORTH (June 3, 2014) Officers found the bodies of three women whose throats had been cut after responding to a report of a homicide Tuesday morning at a home in Fort Worth.

Officers found the bodies at around 8 p.m. Tuesday in a single-story home, Fort Worth police Sgt. Raymond Bush said.

It's believed the women were attacked at some point after 6:30 a.m. Tuesday.

Family members say police were notified by a 911 call made by Cynthia Serrano's husband.

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #5 on: June 03, 2014, 04:37:22 PM »

I was just thinking about how very brutal this attack was.  Were the women still in bed?  How did three adults get their throats cut?  Were they tied up or did someone come into the house and go room to room, person to person and cut their throats, with no sound?   And most of all, why?  That is very, very brutal, very hands on.   

Someone that knew the family?  Was money owed?  Was this a message?  A pay back for a perceived slight?  Someone very bitter and very over the top angry.  Gangs?  It wouldn't have to be the women involved.  It could even have been a relative involved... 

BabsKats
Monkey Junky

« Reply #6 on: June 03, 2014, 06:36:16 PM »

I've been watching all the news reports this evening Muffy, still not clear on the facts it seems.  Two of the local stations reported different facts also. 

Nothing said thus far if it was a break-in, not much personal except mother attended church.  Spurned love interest of the daughter or sister?
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #7 on: June 03, 2014, 10:24:04 PM »

I've been watching all the news reports this evening Muffy, still not clear on the facts it seems.  Two of the local stations reported different facts also. 

Nothing said thus far if it was a break-in, not much personal except mother attended church.  Spurned love interest of the daughter or sister?

Thanks Babs.  Please let me know if you see anything on your local news about this.  It may take a while for things to get sorted out.    

(bolded by me)  It's certainly another possibility you've brought up.  I still can't get past how very brutal and very hands on these murders were.  Evil.   

BabsKats
Monkey Junky

« Reply #8 on: June 04, 2014, 01:02:29 AM »

Thanks Babs.  Please let me know if you see anything on your local news about this.  It may take a while for things to get sorted out.    

(bolded by me)  It's certainly another possibility you've brought up.  I still can't get past how very brutal and very hands on these murders were.  Evil.   

Not much new on the late news, they towed 2 vehicles from the home.  Mostly interviewing the extended family, the women didn't have an enemy in the world, etc.  The reporting is terrible, a couple of stations are still saying a mother and 2 daughters,
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #9 on: June 04, 2014, 09:07:38 AM »

Not much new on the late news, they towed 2 vehicles from the home.  Mostly interviewing the extended family, the women didn't have an enemy in the world, etc.  The reporting is terrible, a couple of stations are still saying a mother and 2 daughters,

LE may be keeping the information to themselves at this point as they continue their investigation.  I guess we'll have to wait and wade through misinformation and try to glean fact from fiction. 

If the one article that says the women were murdered some time after 6:30 a.m. Tuesday morning, and the husband of one of the women came in after working a night shift and found them at 8:00 a.m. makes for interesting speculation.  Did the person/s that did these terrible deeds know the schedule of the household?  Did they know the man wouldn't be home until around 8 a.m.?  Or did they come in and the husband lucked out and wasn't there when part of his family were murdered?  I'm still wondering if it was a message.  I was doing a bit of research about the profile of a murderer that would cut throats. The murderer definitely wanted them dead. It sounds sort of gang/cartel like.  Or, was it someone that was familiar with cutting throats of animals, like a hunter or works on a ranch/farm that processes cattle & hogs? 

I was thinking too of the elderly couple that lived in a lake area and he was found decapitated.  Not that the cases are linked in any way, but both were very brutal, hands on type murders.  Then there was the murder of Travis Alexander.  His murderess cut his throat.  That seemed to me to be extreme anger and revenge. 

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #10 on: June 04, 2014, 12:13:50 PM »

http://www.wfaa.com/news/crime/3-dead-at-stabbing-scene-in-Fort-Worth-261664191.html
Fort Worth police make arrest in triple homicide
June 4, 2014

FORT WORTH — A man has been charged with murdering his ex-girlfriend and two other women believed to be related to her.
The three victims were found dead in a home in the 500 block of West Felix Street on Tuesday. Two victims were shot in the head. The third was stabbed to death, police said.
Police say Cedric McGinnis, an ex-boyfriend of one of the victims, voluntarily spoke to officers and admitted to being involved with the murders. He also told detectives where evidence could be found.
He has been charged with capital murder and his bond has been set at $1.25 million.

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #11 on: June 04, 2014, 12:19:20 PM »

Well, it looks as though someone related to the family committed the crimes.  The news is really mixed up, isn't it?  The articles I've seen and sometimes posted have the women with their throats slashed, stabbed and now it appears two were shot to death and one stabbed to death.     Were any of the victim's throats slashed?  I think some media are so hot to be the first to get the news out, they don't bother to verify.  I guess we'll wait.

An ex-boyfriend of one of the victims confessed.  Three women murdered.     What a shame.     It's really awful how many homicides against women are/were former partners/boyfriends/husbands and etc.   

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #12 on: June 04, 2014, 12:23:13 PM »

Ex-boyfriend will be charged with capital murder. Look at the photos of the women smiling.  And then think about how they were brutally murder.  Just sick.

http://www.myfoxdfw.com/story/25690739/ex-boyfriend-arrested-for-murdering-fort-worth-women
Ex-boyfriend arrested for murdering Fort Worth women
June 4, 2014

Cynthia Serrano, 48, her sister, 35-year-old Cathy de Leon, and  daughter, 21-year-old April Serrano were found dead in their home Tuesday morning. Their throats had been slashed.

Officers found out that one victim had an ex-boyfriend and determined that he was a person of interest in the case.

Cedric McGinns, 22, confessed during questioning and told officers where to find evidence, police said.

He is charged with capital murder.

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #13 on: June 08, 2014, 05:00:47 PM »

http://www.star-telegram.com/2014/06/06/5879671/affidavit-man-killed-women-after.html
Burglary was first motive, triple slaying suspect told Fort Worth police
June 7, 2014

FORT WORTH — The man accused of killing his ex-girlfriend, her mother and aunt told police that he did so after his ex-girlfriend woke up and caught him stealing from her family’s south Fort Worth home, according to an arrest warrant affidavit.

Cedric D. McGinnis Jr. told investigators that 21-year-old April Serrano had let him in through her bedroom window that night so that the two could have sex.

He also planned on burglarizing the house after everyone was asleep.

“Once he thought she was also asleep, he began to walk through the house, but April woke up,” states the affidavit, obtained by the Star-Telegram Friday.

McGinnis, 22, told police that he then shot April Serrano, her aunt Kathy DeLeon, 35; and her mother, Cynthia Serrano, 46, in the head.

Out of ammunition and with Cynthia Serrano still alive, McGinnis said he grabbed a knife to stab her, the affidavit states.

He then gathered electronic items, April Serrano’s tennis shoes and change from three piggy banks, stepping over her body near the front door as he took the items to his car.

The items were later recovered by police at his apartment.

McGinnis remained in the Mansfield jail Friday with bail set at $1.5 million. He faces a capital murder charge.

‘They killed my family!

James Serrano, husband of Cynthia Serrano, found the bodies Tuesday morning in the house in the 500 block of W. Felix Street when he arrived home from working a night shift.

Police started looking for McGinnis for questioning after he was identified by family and a friend as an ex-boyfriend of April Serrano.

The friend told homicide Detective J. Cedillo that although Cynthia Serrano did not approve of McGinnis, April Serrano had started dating the man again.

Detectives Tom O’Brien and Matt Barron later located McGinnis at an apartment he shares with his wife in the 4200 block of Northern Cross Boulevard in Haltom City. He agreed to go with detectives to police headquarters for questioning, the affidavit states.

Initially, McGinnis said he had been at the house the night before the bodies were found. He said that he and April Serrano had sex and that when he left the house, all the women were alive, the affidavit states.

Police then took McGinnis back to his apartment where he directed them to a bedroom closet where he said clothes that he had been wearing while with April Serrano could be found.

Outside the closet door, O’Brien saw two flat screen televisions similar to those reported missing from the Serrano house.

McGinnis told O’Brien the televisions came from a neighbor about a month ago.

His wife, however, told the detective that her brother had given her the televisions a couple of days ago.

‘Ran out of ammunition’

McGinnis agreed to return to the police station for further questions.

This time, according to the affidavit, McGinnis gave police the following confession:

After April Serrano woke up and caught him stealing, McGinnis shot his ex-girlfriend in the back of the head with a revolver, followed by Kathy DeLeon, who had been asleep on the couch.

He said he then entered Cynthia Serrano’s bedroom, where he shot the woman twice.

“He ran out of ammunition and Cynthia was still alive,” the affidavit, written by Cedillo, states. “He then grabbed a knife and stabbed her multiple times until the knife was bent. He then grabbed a larger knife and stabbed her several more times.”

McGinnis told police he then left with valuables from the home, including two flat screen TVs, a DVD player, a laptop, iPad and Bluetooth speaker.

McGinnis’s wife told investigators that McGinnis had mentioned to her two days earlier his plans to rob April and her family when he knew James Serrano would not be home.

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #14 on: June 08, 2014, 05:10:53 PM »

Well, that initial idea to rob the house turned into a horrendous triple murder!   

After murdering three women in their home, he took not only electronic items, he also took a pair of his ex's gf's tennis shoes (!) and change from three piggy banks.     What were three lives worth?!  They obviously weren't much to Cedric. 

Not very smart to plan to steal from the home in the first place.  Cedric not only planned it, but told his wife two days prior he was going to rob the home when James Serrano was gone, but he also got caught in the act of stealing.  And then he murders the three women.  And then he goes ahead and steals things from the house.  And then he has those things in his own home.  What?! You can't fix stupid.  Worst of all, you can't give the three women's lives back to them.  Lock him up and throw away the key.   

All jmho. 

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #15 on: July 08, 2014, 09:39:39 PM »

http://www.star-telegram.com/2014/06/17/5907494/likely-murder-weapons-found-in.html
Likely murder weapons found in suspect’s apartment, Fort Worth police say
June 17, 2014

FORT WORTH — A gun and two knives — one bent and the other bloodstained with hair on it — seized from a Haltom City apartment are believed to have been the weapons used in slayings of three women inside their south Fort Worth home, police said.

Police seized the weapons — along with electronics, shoes, prescription narcotics and other items believed stolen from the victims’ home — during a June 4 search of an apartment rented by the mother of Cedric McGinnis’s two children, according to a search warrant affidavit and return obtained by the Star-Telegram Tuesday.

McGinnis, 22, remains in the Tarrant County Jail, charged with capital murder/multiple victims.

McGinnis has told police that his ex-girlfriend, 21-year-old April Serrano, had allowed him to sneak into her bedroom window so that the two could have sex.

He said he had planned to steal items from the house in the 500 block of West Felix Street once April Serrano fell asleep but that she woke up, catching him in the act and prompting him to kill her and her two relatives, according to an arrest warrant affidavit.

McGinnis told detectives that he fatally shot April Serrano before turning the gun on her 35-year-old aunt, Kathy DeLeon, who had been asleep on the couch.

He told investigators that he then shot April Serrano’s 48-year-old mother, Cynthia Serrano, in the master bedroom before running out of ammunition. Because she was still alive, he said he then began stabbing the woman with a knife, finishing the slaying with a second knife after the first one bent.

Cynthia Serrano’s husband, James Serrano, discovered the three women’s bodies upon returning home on the morning of June 3 after working a night shift.

Stolen items found

Police had questioned McGinnis early June 4 after learning from one of April Serrano’s friends that the young woman had recently begun dating McGinnis again, despite her mother’s disapproval.

He initially told investigators that he had had sex with April Serrano but the family was alive when he left their home.

He was directing police toward the clothes had had been wearing while with April Serrano when investigators noticed two flat-screen televisions outside a closet door in the Bellagio apartment in the 4200 block of Northern Cross Boulevard where McGinnis claimed he lived with his wife. Relatives of the woman say she is not married to McGinnis but the mother of his two children.

The two flat-screen televisions were among items missing from the Serrano/DeLeon home.

McGinnis and his “wife” gave contradictory statements to police about where the televisions had come from, prompting investigators to ask to speak to McGinnis a second time, warrant affidavit states.

This time, McGinnis confessed to the slayings and told detectives that he put several items taken from the Felix home in the Haltom City apartment. Police executed a search warrant at the apartment that same day.

Among the almost 60 items seized were the two televisions, multiple pairs of Nike shoes, a laptop computer, a DVD player, an iPad, bottles of hydrocodone and Alprazolam, and more than $42 in coins, according to the search warrant return, written by homicide Detective E. Pate.

Homicide Sgt. Joe Loughman confirmed that investigators believe the Smith and Wesson .38 Special revolver seized from the apartment, along with a bloody knife found wrapped in a bandana and a bent kitchen knife, were the weapons used in the slayings.

‘She had no knowledge’

Although an arrest warrant affidavit indicated that McGinnis’ “wife” told detectives that McGinnis had mentioned his plans to rob April Serrano and her family two days before the slayings, the woman’s grandparents insisted Tuesday that the woman had no prior knowledge of McGinnis’ plans.

The grandparents said their granddaughter and McGinnis have two sons together but were never married. They said McGinnis stayed at their granddaughter’s apartment from time to time but did not live there.

“She was stunned by it, just overwhelmed for something like this to even happen,” the woman’s grandfather said. “She had no knowledge. She works. She’s got two kids and she’s raising her two kids. She’s never been in no trouble with police or anything else. She just happened to be with a guy that ended up in a big mess.”

After the search of her apartment by police, the grandparents say their granddaughter was evicted and now fears for the safety of herself and her two children. The Star-Telegram is not naming the woman because she has not been charged with a crime.

Read more here: http://www.star-telegram.com/2014/06/17/5907494/likely-murder-weapons-found-in.html#storylink=cpy

Sister
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #16 on: July 10, 2014, 10:44:34 AM »

this may not be a clear as I originally thought.

Many prayers for this family.

Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.