April 19, 2024, 07:00:20 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Illegal Aliens, Dreamers, and the Military  (Read 907 times)
WhiskeyGirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« on: June 04, 2014, 05:38:36 PM »

Cantor: Amnesty For DREAMers Is 'Biblical'

Majority Leader Eric Cantor offered a new explanation for why he supports granting amnesty to individuals brought into the country illegally as minors, often called “DREAMers” in reference to the “DREAM Act.”

It's “Biblical,” he said in a local radio interview.

“I’ve always said that there’s a Biblical root and a tradition in this country that says we don’t hold children liable for their parents’ acts and when you have kids who may have been brought here let’s say at 2 months old unbeknownst to them and they’ve been here all their lives and they want to serve in our military, my position has been I agree with that principle,” he said. “They should be allowed to serve in our military and be allowed to become part of this country as a citizen, but not their parents. Not the ones who committed the illegal act. So this is the difficulty,” Cantor said this week on The John Fredericks Show.

Cantor went on say that Obama’s intransigence is the reason there has not yet been immigration reform.

“The president has said he doesn’t want to pursue this type of a first step approach he doesn't want to pursue a path that would say let’s do the things we can agree on and insist instead on a blanket amnesty bill,” the Virginia Republican said. “And I’m opposed to that and as long as the president says my way or the highway all or nothing, we can’t get anything done.”

read more here - http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Government/2014/06/04/Cantor-Amnesty-For-The-Children-of-Illegals-Who-Want-To-Serve-In-Military-Biblical

Hmmm...for several years I have been reading and hearing about the military pushing soldiers out the door.  No re-enlistment for you.  No retirement for you.  No VA for you (due to waiting list).

I recall one woman on the radio telling a story of how many of her husbands coworkers and her husband were being pushed out.  Meanwhile, she couldn't understand how the government was building brand new deluxe housing for low level military families.  Who was going to live there while her family and others were being pushed out?

At the time, I thought illegal aliens.  Military service for citizenship has been around for years. 

What do we get today?  'Dreamers' new to the country enlisting?  Running over the border with a piece of paper showing how to get to the recruitment office?  Recruiting at foreign embassies?  A military that doesn't speak English, doesn't have to learn English, turning their guns on American citizens?  Obama's private Army?

What about Americans who dream of a better government?  A government for the people on Main Street?  A government that puts citizens ahead of foreigners, terrorists, criminals, illegal aliens, gangs, human traffickers?

just my humble opinions

All my posts are just my humble opinions.  Please take with a grain of salt.  Smile

It doesn't do any good to hate anyone,
they'll end up in your family anyway...
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.