April 18, 2024, 05:23:12 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: "Illegal Immigrant: Reports in Central America Encourage Trek North"  (Read 2924 times)
WhiskeyGirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« on: June 05, 2014, 09:50:24 PM »

McALLEN - Central Americans say news reports in their countries are encouraging them to make the journey north to the United States.

A mother and child told CHANNEL 5 NEWS that the message being disseminated in their country is, "go to America with your child, you won't be turned away."

The woman, Nora Griselda Bercian Diaz, from Guatemala, said she endured threats from the Zetas and extortion from corrupt Mexican police. She eventually crossed the Rio Grande with her 6-year-old Delmi Griselda Paul Bercian by her side.

The woman said she wants a U.S. education for her daughter.

"I want to study," said the girl who hopes to one day become a doctor.

A CHANNEL 5 NEWS crew met the mother and daughter three hours after they crossed the border illegally. They were lost and searching for Border Patrol agents.

read more and watch video - http://www.krgv.com/news/illegal-immigrant-reports-in-central-america-encourage-trek-north/

All my posts are just my humble opinions.  Please take with a grain of salt.  Smile

It doesn't do any good to hate anyone,
they'll end up in your family anyway...
WhiskeyGirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2014, 09:54:40 PM »

The Smallest Victims of Obama’s Immigration Policy

There has been a lot of talk from the Obama administration about having more “humane” immigration policies — but the sad fact is that on President Obama’s watch, one of the most inhumane realities of illegal immigration has skyrocketed. Children are crossing the border – and they’re doing it without their parents.

The number of minor children crossing or attempting to cross the U.S. southern border unaccompanied by a parent or other adult relative has exploded from 6,560 in 2011 to an estimated 60,000 for fiscal year 2014. Border patrol agents in South Texas reported over 1,000 such children were apprehended by officials earlier this month, including a 3-year-old boy from Honduras.

What explains the dramatic increase?

As a government official from Ecuador told The New York Times, one of the main reasons is a belief held by many in Central America and Mexico that some sort of immigration reform will be passed that allows anyone who can get into the United States illegally to be able to stay.

In other words, the prospect of amnesty is encouraging more illegal immigration – and in this case, the human trafficking of children. Often raised by their grandparents or other relatives because their parents have already come to the U.S. illegally, these children are traveling alone or with human smugglers, called coyotes, who are paid to get them across the border.

read more here - http://dailysignal.com/2014/05/27/smallest-victims-obamas-immigration-policy/

All my posts are just my humble opinions.  Please take with a grain of salt.  Smile

WhiskeyGirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2014, 09:58:15 PM »

‘Go to America with Your Child, You Won’t Get Turned Away’

Word has apparently spread in Central and South America that U.S. Border Patrol agents are releasing thousands of illegal immigrants, as federal resources and facilities are strained from a spike in crossers. News reports and word-of-mouth has allegedly prompted more hopeful immigrants to make the journey into the U.S. illegally.

A significant increase in illegal immigration across the U.S.-Mexico border has left many U.S. processing facilities overwhelmed. As a result, thousands of illegal immigrants are being released by federal agents. A large number of the released aliens even have criminal backgrounds--as Breitbart Texas previously reported, 36,000 previously convicted criminal illegal immigrants were set free onto U.S. soil in 2013 alone.

Sylvia Longmire, a Breitbart Texas contributing editor and border security expert, said, "Many Americans don't understand the power of word-of-mouth in Latin America; it's like gossip in a small American town times ten. Word about anything, especially friends or family members going though the northbound migration or southbound deportation process, spreads very quickly."

Nora Griselda Bercian Diaz, a mother from Guatemala who crossed into the U.S. illegally with her 6-year-old daughter, told local media outlet KRGV that the message being spread in her home country is, "Go to America with your child, you won't be turned away."

Bercian Diaz said she thought the U.S. border was open to all families. She added that news reports are circulating in her country which state that mothers and children are obtaining bus tickets.

read more here - http://www.breitbart.com/Breitbart-Texas/2014/06/05/Go-to-America-with-Your-Child-You-Wont-Get-Turned-Away

WhiskeyGirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #3 on: June 05, 2014, 09:59:25 PM »

We are not the world's police force.  The welfare of the entire planet is not our problem.

just my humble opinions

seahorse
Monkey All Star

Brandi's Avatars

« Reply #4 on: July 03, 2014, 05:55:28 PM »

http://www.rushlimbaugh.com/daily/2014/07/03/obama_s_border_patrol_taxpayer_funded_coyotes

Jul 3, 2014

Obama's Border Patrol: Taxpayer-Funded Coyotes

July 03, 2014

RUSH: Let me get this straight.  I need to understand something.  The news media and even congressmen are being prevented from seeing what's going on down on the border and in the numerous processing centers around the country, out of concern, of course, for the safety of the illegal alien children.  That's right.  Now, meanwhile, the Department of Homeland Security is letting these illegals invent families.  I told you this was going to happen.  I remember when I did mention this that a number of people thought, "Come on, Rush, that's not what's happening." more...

http://www.rushlimbaugh.com/daily/2014/07/03/obama_s_border_patrol_taxpayer_funded_coyotes

Whatever opinions we have of Rush he tells it the way he sees it, and sometimes, it is the was it is.  Smile

Wynton Marsalis~
"Let us Give, Forgive, and Be Thankful"

Zayra is remembered
seahorse
Monkey All Star

Brandi's Avatars

« Reply #5 on: July 04, 2014, 09:38:31 AM »

http://www.krgv.com/news/border-patrol-agents-report-increase-in-fake-families-/

Wynton Marsalis~
"Let us Give, Forgive, and Be Thankful"

Zayra is remembered
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.