April 18, 2024, 03:07:40 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 3 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Alaska family of 4 Missing - June 9, 2014  (Read 18222 times)
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« on: June 09, 2014, 05:21:00 PM »

Alaska family of 4 missing more than a week, relatives say
Published June 09, 2014

KENAI, Alaska –  Authorities say a Kenai family of four with two children has been missing for more than a week, and there aren't indications of where they have gone.

The Peninsula Clarion reports that 37-year-old Brandon Jividen, his girlfriend 22-year-old Rebecca Adams and Adams' two daughters were last seen a week ago.

ADVERTISEMENT
Relatives of Adams say the family left behind both of their cars, all of their camping and outdoor gear and the car seats for Adams' daughters. The family's dog is also missing.

Adams' sister, Lanell Adams, says she got a distressing call from her around Memorial Day weekend, but would not say what was troubling her.

Relatives say Jividen and Adams' cell phones are turned off.

Adams' daughters are 5 and 2 years old.

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2014/06/09/alaska-family-4-missing-more-than-week-relatives-say/?intcmp=latestnews
« Last Edit: June 11, 2014, 09:02:13 PM by klaasend » Logged

Loving Natalee - Beth Holloway
Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2014, 07:22:16 PM »

Alaska Family Vanishes Amid Mom’s Strange Behavior
June 9, 2014

A massive search for a family of four in Alaska is focusing on nearby woods and the behavior of one of the missing, a mother of two young children.

Brandon Jividen, 37, Rebecca Adams, 22, and Adams’ children, Michelle Hundley, 5, and Jaracca Hundley, 3, have been missing since May 27, 2014, according to a Facebook group Seeking Alaska’s Missing.

The Kenai Police Department, the FBI and other state organizations are launching a “large” search effort.

“The FBI is assisting in all sections. We have dog teams and helicopter teams assisting as well,” said Lt. David Cook. “The FBI has made a lot of resources available and we are pouring all our resources into the search. This is our top priority.”

Cook said Kenai PD received a call on May 31 from one of the family’s neighbors about a backyard shed door that was ajar. Five days later, police received another call from the same neighbor who told investigators that the family hadn’t been home in days.

“At this point it’s not apparent where they have gone or where they might be,” Cook said. “The investigation does not show that is foul play at this point, but we are very deep into the investigation of the missing persons.”

Although Cook would not go into detail about specifics of the investigation, he said the primary search area is a wooded area near the family’s home. The family car is still in the driveway, he noted.

Cook also said Adams’ family told investigators that Rebecca Adams had been acting strangely in the days leading up to their disappearance.

“The family has expressed some concern with the behavior of their sister Rebecca and have some concerns within her relationship [to Brandon],” said Cook.

<snipped>

http://abcnews.go.com/blogs/headlines/2014/06/alaska-family-vanishes-amid-moms-strange-behavior/

« Last Edit: June 11, 2014, 09:02:32 PM by klaasend » Logged

Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2014, 08:00:34 PM »

FBI agents join search for missing Alaska family
Alaska Mon Jun 9, 2014 7:21pm EDT

<snipped>

Investigators have not ruled out foul play in the case of Brandon Jividen, 37, his girlfriend, Rebecca Adams, 22, and her two daughters, aged 5 and 3, who went missing May 27 in Kenai, a coastal community 65 miles southwest of Anchorage.

The Kenai Police Department reached out to the FBI over the weekend and a team of agents is now helping look for the family.

"Because of their request and because of the age of the children missing, it’s being viewed as a mysterious disappearance," said FBI Supervisory Special Agent Steven Forrest.

Lieutenant David Ross of the Kenai Police Department said the family uncharacteristically left behind their automobiles, the children’s cars seats and their camping gear. The family’s dog was also missing, he said.

"They don’t normally not pay rent and they don’t normally leave without their cars," Ross said. "We are not ruling out anything ... We are investigating all avenues. We don’t have any absolutes to say that it is or that it’s not foul play."

Alaska State troopers are helping with aerial searches, the lieutenant added, while other agencies have brought dog rescue teams to Kenai, which is home to about 7,300 people.

http://www.reuters.com/article/2014/06/09/us-usa-alaska-missing-idUSKBN0EK25520140609
« Last Edit: June 11, 2014, 09:03:01 PM by klaasend » Logged

_____

cw618
Monkey Junky

« Reply #3 on: June 09, 2014, 09:17:10 PM »

a lot of forest and water around, a city about 6k pop
http://goo.gl/maps/VOtYP

vid at link
Kenai Police Seek Family Missing from Local Apartment
Chris Klint Chris Klint, Senior Digital Producer,
POSTED: 09:00 PM AKDT Jun 06, 2014

Unofficial missing posters distributed by the Facebook group Seeking Alaska’s Missing say the family has not been seen since May 27, with two automobiles -- Adams’ truck and Jividen’s vehicle -- and personal belongings still at their apartment.

“No one has seen them, and it is out of character for (Adams) to be out of contact,” a poster for the children reads.
http://www.ktuu.com/news/news/kenai-police-seek-family-missing-from-local-apartment/26379382

missing FB pg
https://www.facebook.com/SeekingAlaskasMissing/photos/a.283721345062587.48608.283467048421350/508652662569453/?type=1&relevant_count=1
« Last Edit: June 11, 2014, 09:03:17 PM by klaasend » Logged

goodmorn,goodnite, got to go, as always its been wonderful, talking with you, and most of all have a great day, and dont forget to smile
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #4 on: June 10, 2014, 11:56:12 AM »

« Last Edit: June 11, 2014, 09:03:55 PM by klaasend » Logged

_____

Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #5 on: June 10, 2014, 11:59:31 AM »

[/img]
« Last Edit: June 11, 2014, 09:04:09 PM by klaasend » Logged

_____

Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #6 on: June 10, 2014, 12:00:45 PM »

« Last Edit: June 11, 2014, 09:04:21 PM by klaasend » Logged

_____

Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #7 on: June 10, 2014, 06:03:38 PM »

Why have the major networks failed to pick up on this story regarding the  missing Kenai family?

Janet

+++++

June 10, 2014, 1:06 PM
FBI aiding in search for missing Alaska family

ANCHORAGE, Alaska - Multiple agencies including the FBI have joined Alaska's Kenai Police Department in the search for a family missing for almost two weeks.

KTUU-TV reports 37-year-old Brandon Jividen, 22-year-old Rebecca Adams, and Adams' two daughters, 5-year old Michelle Hundley and 3-year old Jaracca Hundley, were last seen May 27.

Adams' sister Lanell Adams says the family's two vehicles remained at the apartment and the family apparently left without packing.

Kenai Police Chief Gus Sandahl says the department is following up on all logical and investigative leads and using resources of the department and the FBI to find the family.

He says the investigation is the department's highest priority.

Search and rescue teams have combed a wooded area near the family's apartment.

Relatives have put up fliers asking for the public's help.

<snipped>

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/fbi-aiding-in-search-for-missing-alaska-family/

« Last Edit: June 11, 2014, 09:04:36 PM by klaasend » Logged

_____

Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #8 on: June 11, 2014, 11:03:45 AM »

Family of 4 - missing in Alaska
By Jackie Taurianen
8:03 PM EDT, Tue June 10, 2014

The FBI has announced they will join the Kenai Police Department in their investigation into the mysterious disappearance of a family of four from Alaska.

Brandon Gividen, 37, his girlfriend 22-year-old Rebecca Adams and her two young daughters seemingly vanished without a trace. The family was last seen on May 27. Cops say two family vehicles as well as most of the families personal belongings are still in the home.

A reporter for the Alaska Dispatch tells us cops have a heightened concerned regarding their missing status but don't have enough information at this time to say foul play is involved.

Jane and her Lion's Den panel weigh in. .....

VIDEO:
http://www.hlntv.com/video/2014/06/10/family-4-missing-alaska
« Last Edit: June 11, 2014, 09:04:50 PM by klaasend » Logged

_____

Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #9 on: June 11, 2014, 06:59:49 PM »

Air, ground search for Alaska family of 4 expands
Jun 11, 2014 1:41 PM PDT

KENAI, Alaska (AP) - The search for a missing Alaska family of four has expanded to a densely wooded forest near a jail close to the family's home, but officials said there has been no information to lead them to look in any specific location.

Crews are using a helicopter and all-terrain vehicles to search for Rebecca Adams, 22; her daughters, Michelle Hundley, 5, and Jarraca Hundley, 3; and Adams' boyfriend, Brandon Jividen, 37.

Investigators also asked the public for information on the family missing for two weeks from their home in Kenai, about 65 miles southwest of Anchorage.

"Don't assume information isn't worthwhile; we want to hear anything that may help," Police Chief Gus Sandahl said.

Adams last had contact with relatives May 27, the day after Memorial Day. The latest physical evidence of a sighting for Adams, Sandahl said, was an appearance with her children on a video surveillance recording May 18 at a Kenai business.

Police began investigating last weekend, and the FBI joined in the search.

The family lives in a four-plex near the Wildwood Correction Facility, but they failed to pay rent this month. Residents tell the Peninsula Clarion the neighborhood is quiet but has a transitory nature.

"We don't know everybody in our building, much less buildings down the street," said Amy Murrell-Haunold, who lives on the same street as the missing family.

Jeff Pfile and Anna Haave manage the building where the family has lived for two years. They said it was unusual for the Adams and Jividen to be late with a rent payment.

"If I felt they were going out of town I would have been the first person they called because they are so responsible (for paying their rent on time)," Haave said. "For them to not say anything is not normal."

Police say vehicles belonging to Jividen and Adams remain parked at the four-plex, and their cellphones have been turned off. The family's brown and white English springer spaniel named Sparks also is missing.

The father of her two girls, Jaramiah Hundley, died in a motorcycle crash in May 2012.

Besides local police and the FBI, fire officials, canine units and wilderness search groups from across Alaska have been brought to Kenai to help search.

Alaska State Troopers provided a helicopter to help search from the air, and police have used all-terrain vehicles on trails in woods near the home. The search area has expanded to areas north of the correctional facility.

Police say they receive new information about the missing family every day, but nothing that would lead to finding them or even a specific location to search.

"We remain optimistic we will be able to reunite them with their family," Sandahl said. "We want nothing more at this point and hope they are safe."

Family members have put up fliers of the missing family members in popular fishing areas the family frequented on the Kenai Peninsula, and police statewide have been alerted, Sandahl said.

<snipped>

http://www.wset.com/story/25753577/air-ground-search-for-alaska-family-of-4-expands
« Last Edit: June 11, 2014, 09:05:03 PM by klaasend » Logged

_____

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #10 on: June 11, 2014, 07:34:56 PM »

The subject line (header) in this thread has the wrong year. Hopefully, Klaas or a mod can fix it.  

Fixed - thanks Muffy!
« Last Edit: June 11, 2014, 09:05:38 PM by klaasend » Logged

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
cw618
Monkey Junky

« Reply #11 on: June 11, 2014, 09:38:27 PM »

Search for missing Alaska family of four grows
Posted: Wednesday, June 11, 2014 12:45 pm
Associated Press |
KENAI, Alaska - The search for a missing Alaska family of four has expanded to a densely wooded forest near a jail close to the family's home, but officials said there has been no information to lead them to look in any specific location.
Crews are using a helicopter and all-terrain vehicles to search for Rebecca Adams, 22; her daughters, Michelle Hundley, 5, and Jarraca Hundley, 3; and Adams' boyfriend, Brandon Jividen, 37.

"Don't assume information isn't worthwhile; we want to hear anything that may help," Police Chief Gus Sandahl said.

The family lives in a four-plex near the Wildwood Correction Facility, but they failed to pay rent this month. Residents tell the Peninsula Clarion (http://bit.ly/1oUjlO1) the neighborhood is quiet but has a transitory nature.
"We don't know everybody in our building, much less buildings down the street," said Amy Murrell-Haunold, who lives on the same street as the missing family.
Jeff Pfile and Anna Haave manage the building where the family has lived for two years. They said it was unusual for the Adams and Jividen to be late with a rent payment.
"If I felt they were going out of town I would have been the first person they called because they are so responsible (for paying their rent on time)," Haave said. "For them to not say anything is not normal."
Police say vehicles belonging to Jividen and Adams remain parked at the four-plex, and their cellphones have been turned off. The family's brown and white English springer spaniel named Sparks also is missing.
The father of her two girls, Jaramiah Hundley, died in a motorcycle crash in May 2012.
http://www.newsminer.com/news/alaska_news/search-for-missing-alaska-family-of-four-grows/article_46ba7f4a-f1a9-11e3-b563-001a4bcf6878.html

goodmorn,goodnite, got to go, as always its been wonderful, talking with you, and most of all have a great day, and dont forget to smile
cw618
Monkey Junky

« Reply #12 on: June 11, 2014, 09:50:45 PM »

wildwood
https://goo.gl/maps/eiGKz
closer
https://goo.gl/maps/yiE3d

Search for missing family continues
Posted: June 10, 2014 - 10:00pm  |  Updated: June 10, 2014 - 10:14pm
By DAN BALMER

News of a family of four missing from their north Kenai residence for nearly two weeks has been unsettling for residents who described the neighborhood as quiet with transient people who don’t live in the area long.

While authorities have received new information every day during their investigation into the family’s disappearance, Kenai Police Chief Gus Sandahl said there has been no big break that would lead investigators to search in a specific location.

Sandahl said the last physical evidence of a sighting for Rebecca Adams, 22, and her two daughters Michelle Hundley, 5, and Jaracca Hundley, 3, came from video surveillance at a Kenai business on May 18. Adams’ family has disclosed to police phone conversations with Adams around Memorial Day weekend.

The family lived upstairs in a four-plex on California Avenue off of Wildwood Drive in North Kenai for almost two years, said property managers Jeff Pfile and Anna Haave. The two said they first became concerned when the rent went unpaid and they did not hear from the family after the five-day grace period.
more
http://peninsulaclarion.com/news/2014-06-10/neighbors-recall-events-leading-up-to-familys-disappearance

Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #13 on: June 14, 2014, 05:12:05 PM »

Detained Mother-in-Law will be Questioned About Missing Kenai Family
Jun 13, 2014

In an unexpected turn of events, a woman living in Tennessee taken into custody by U.S. Marshalls for violating probation is also being questioned in the disappearance of a missing Kenai family.

Lisa Marie Hundley, 46, was arrested by U.S. Marshals in Smyrna, TN, on contempt of court charges connected with a 2010 drug possession and trafficking conviction, according to U.S. Marshals officials, with the assistance of one Alaska State Trooper.

Troopers then discovered Hundley was the mother-in-law to Rebecca Adams, the mother of five-year-old Michelle and three-year-old Jaracca Hundley. Adams, her two children and her boyfriend Brandon Jividen, 37, went missing May 27, sparking a nationwide search, assisted by local and federal organizations.

FBI spokesperson Steve Forrest explained Hundley is not being considered connected to the disappearance of the missing Kenai family, but Kenai Police Department investigators simply hope to gain more perspective on the family itself.

Hundley will be extradited from a Rutherford County Jail in Tennessee back to Alaska, said Deputy U.S. Marshal Danny Shelton of the Middle District of Tennessee.

The disappearance of Adams, her children and Jividen has sparked a multi-jurisdictional search for the family to assist KPD investigators. Organizations including state troopers and the FBI have provided assistance to KPD, the primary agency heading up the search.

Family members last heard from Adams May 27, when she made a phone call to her sister Lanell Adams, in which the missing mother sounded “distressed.”

Both Adams and Jividen’s vehicles remain parked behind their home, but police could not confirm how long it had been since they had last been moved.

<snipped>

http://www.ktuu.com/news/news/detained-motherinlaw-will-be-questioned-about-missing-kenai-family/26486172

_____

klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #14 on: June 14, 2014, 06:51:30 PM »

http://www.newschannel5.com/story/25772979/woman-wanted-in-alaska-arrested-in-smyrna

Woman Wanted In Alaska Arrested In Smyrna

Posted: Jun 13, 2014 1:09 PM PST Updated: Jun 13, 2014 1:21 PM PST

Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #15 on: June 18, 2014, 09:04:03 PM »

Authorities reduce search efforts for missing Kenai family
Jerzy Shedlock
June 18, 2014

Kenai police continue to send out updates on their search for a missing Kenai family of four. On Wednesday, they released additional photos of the family and offered a single new detail about how the one of the missing family members spent his free time.

The Kenai Police Department reported there were no coordinated ground searches scheduled for Wednesday but investigators “continue to work diligently on this highest priority investigation” and will continue to work with Anchorage-based FBI officials.

So far, the numerous resources used in the search have included an Outside canine scent detection team, plus additional ground and aerial personnel. The canine team has ended its efforts after several days of searching, the police department reported.

<snipped>

http://www.alaskadispatch.com/article/20140618/authorities-reduce-search-efforts-missing-kenai-family

_____

Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #16 on: June 18, 2014, 09:08:03 PM »

On Wednesday, June 18, the Kenai Police Department released additional photos of Rebecca Adams, center, and her daughters Jaracca Hundley, left, and Michelle Hundley, right. The three have been missing since May 25, along with Adams' boyfriend, Brandon Jividen, and the family dog, an English springer spaniel named Sparks.

Kenai Police Department

_____

Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #17 on: June 20, 2014, 02:46:33 PM »

Could the entire family have been kidnapped and killed?  Could it have been drug related.

Janet

++++

Missing Alaska Family Stumps Police, FBI
Posted Jun 20, 2014

After three weeks of searching, investigators are still clueless as to what happened to an Alaska family last seen in late May. A canine scent detection team, along with additional aerial and ground crew, has scoured the area—their town of Kenai is 65 miles southwest of Anchorage with a population of 7,100—for any sign of 22-year-old Rebecca Adams; her daughters, 5-year-old Michelle Hundley and 3-year-old Jaracca Hundley; her boyfriend, 37-year-old Brandon Jividen; and their dog. The trail is so cold that authorities have called off the dogs and reduced the ground search, reports the Alaska Dispatch.

"It's a mystery," Kenai police chief Gus Sandahl tells People. "But finding them is definitely the highest priority of our department," which has been working with Anchorage-based FBI officials. Police add that there were no signs of forced entry into the family’s apartment, which was locked, nor were there signs of a struggle or obvious foul play. Adding to the mystery, both Adams' and Jividen's cars are parked outside; Adams' wallet, cell phone, and bank card were in the apartment; and their camping gear was left behind. They also didn't pay their rent, notes Reuters. Adams' sister, Lanell Adams, says the two last spoke on May 27 and that her sister sounded “distressed,” per KTUU.

<snipped>

http://www.newser.com/story/188736/missing-alaska-family-stumps-police-fbi.html

_____

klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #18 on: June 20, 2014, 04:34:26 PM »

Janet - Like the McStay family?  That's what it's beginning to sound like.   
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #19 on: July 10, 2014, 11:47:08 PM »

Loved Ones Keep Searching Alaska Woods for Missing Family of Four
07/09/2014 at 06:45 PM EDT

Walk through the front door of the home of Rebecca Adams's grandmother Patsy Gifford, and the first thing you notice are the maps, spread out on a coffee table by the sofa, covered with tiny hand-drawn squares, shaded in with black ink.

"These are the areas that have been searched," Rebecca's uncle Dennis Gifford tells PEOPLE as he runs his finger over the paper. "But the woods here are so dense, so thick and they’ve found nothing."

Gifford, like everyone else in Kenai, Alaska (pop. 7,300), is struggling to explain how his 22-year-old niece Rebecca, her two daughters Michelle Hundley, 6, and Jaracca Hundley, 3, and her boyfriend Brandon Jividen, 37, could have just vanished from their three-bedroom apartment.

Last seen on May 25, the family members, who left behind all their belongings, including their wallets and keys to their cars, have been the subject of intense – and, so far fruitless – search efforts, involving local police, the FBI, scent dogs, helicopters, planes and dozen of trained personnel and volunteers.

"It's a mystery," admits Kenai Police Chief Gus Sandahl. "We just don’t know where they are."

Family and friends of the couple, who were in the process of constructing a new home, describe them as "happy and excited to be building a life together." But on the day of their disappearance, Rebecca, known as a doting mom, sounded uncharacteristically upset.

"She said, 'Just know that I love you,' " her older sister Lanell Adams says of their last conversation. That call still haunts Lanell, who has blanketed the region with missing posters and helped organize numerous searches in the dense woodlands around the couple’s apartment where Jividen, an avid outdoorsman and hunter, would often go hiking.

"I’m not giving up until I find them,” says Lanell, who has spent the past five weeks away from her children and her job in Puyallup, Washington, looking for her sister, nieces and Jividen. The family has set up a funding site to cover costs in their ongoing search efforts.

<snipped>

http://www.people.com/article/missing-alaska-family-search-continues

_____

Pages: 1 2 3 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.