March 28, 2024, 11:24:01 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: MICHELLE OBAMA's Founding Fathers...  (Read 1248 times)
WhiskeyGirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« on: June 18, 2014, 04:48:13 PM »

I wonder what Michelle left off of her telling of history?  The rest of the story?

The tax rate the founders were protesting against was just 1%.  2% in MA.  Activism against a tyrannical government an ocean away?   If big government at 1% was reason for activism, what of taxation of 15% like Social Security?  $20,000 a year like Obamacare?  The list of taxes is seemingly ENDLESS.  The ruling class seems to stay up late thinking up new taxes and how to squeeze working families.  Raise the DEBT, and increase the number of people on welfare.

First Lady Michelle Obama reminded attendees of a naturalization ceremony Wednesday that the Founding Fathers weren’t born in America.

The ceremony for 50 new U.S. citizens was held at the National Archives in Washington, D.C.

“It’s amazing that just a few feet from here where I’m standing are the signatures of the 56 Founders who put their names on a Declaration that changed the course of history,” she said during her speech, referring to the Declaration of Independence. “And like the 50 of you, none of them were born American – they became American.”

Obama pointed out that the Founding Fathers pledged their lives and risked everything to create the United States of America after signing the Declaration of Independence.

“Just like you’re about to pledge allegiance to our flag, they pledged their lives, their fortunes, and their sacred honor to this extraordinary idea that we now know as America – the notion that we are all created equal, endowed with fundamental rights and freedoms that no one can ever take away from us,” she said.

read more here - http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Government/2014/06/18/Michelle-Obama-The-Founding-Fathers-Were-Not-Born-In-America

Did the founders come for welfare?  I recall from school, they came to live communally and share labor and rewards.  Everyone was responsible for everything and nobody profited individually.  The first year they almost starved because no one wanted to work.  Work was someone else's job.  No garden.  No hunting.  No food for the winter.  Nothing to share.  Thank goodness the Native Americans shared their bounty.

After their failure, the community changed course and individual effort was rewarded with the fruit of their individual labor.  Were the lazy and greedy rewarded in Native American culture back in the day?  How many lounged around and took the fruit of other people in the tribe that worked every day?

I recall learning that it was the high time of 'work or go hungry' and there was lots of charity for the old and infirm and feeble.  Where was the welfare class among the founders?  Did they come to America and expect to enslave millions?  Live on welfare?  I don't think so.

just my humble opinions.

All my posts are just my humble opinions.  Please take with a grain of salt.  Smile

It doesn't do any good to hate anyone,
they'll end up in your family anyway...
WhiskeyGirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2014, 04:50:46 PM »

I think the founding fathers had the right idea.  They were on the right track for the first time in decades, if not the entire history of humankind.

1% taxation was way too much for government.

Maybe Michelle is on the tea party side and doesn't know it?

All my posts are just my humble opinions.  Please take with a grain of salt.  Smile

It doesn't do any good to hate anyone,
they'll end up in your family anyway...
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.