April 24, 2024, 06:16:14 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Erin Corwin, 19yrs - 3mo Pregnant Missing Twenty Nine Palms CA 6/28/14  (Read 45348 times)
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« on: July 04, 2014, 02:39:43 PM »

TWENTYNINE PALMS: Search underway for missing pregnant woman
July 1, 2014 by Nikie Johnson

Authorities say there are “definite suspicious circumstances” surrounding the disappearance of a pregnant Twentynine Palms woman who was last seen leaving home to go to Joshua Tree National Park on Saturday.

San Bernardino County sheriff’s detectives are asking for the public’s help locating 19-year-old Erin Corwin, who is white, 5-foot-2 and about 120 pounds, with brown hair and blue eyes. She was driving a blue 2013 Toyota Corolla with California license plate 7CJX519. She has no history of medical or psychological issues, the Sheriff’s Department said in a news advisory issued Tuesday, July 1.

Corwin left her home for the park at 7 a.m. Saturday, and her husband reported her missing the next day, the Sheriff’s Department said in a news advisory. Deputies, search-and-rescue teams and other volunteers searched the area on the ground and by air, but were not able to find her.

The sheriff’s Specialized Investigations Division-Homicide Detail is now assisting in the investigation.

“The specialized division was asked to assume the investigation because they felt that there were definite suspicious circumstances,” sheriff’s spokeswoman Cindy Bachman said. The division has advanced investigative skills, including interviewing techniques, and is well-suited “when it comes to investigations that involve the possibility of foul play.”

Update: http://blog.pe.com/breaking-news/2014/07/02/twentynine-palms-missing-womans-vehicle-found/

Car Found

The vehicle belonging to a pregnant woman who disappeared under suspicious circumstances from Twentynine Palms has been found, sheriff’s officials said.

They could not release the exact location for fear of compromising the investigation, said sheriff’s Cpl. Randy Naquin on Wednesday, July 2, but “there was no indication of her direction of travel or current whereabouts,” in the vehicle, a news release stated.

klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1 on: July 04, 2014, 02:42:53 PM »

Her Facebook page:

https://www.facebook.com/eheavilin

His Facebook page:

https://www.facebook.com/jonathan.w.corwin
Green Eyes
Monkey Mega Star

Happy Spring

« Reply #2 on: July 04, 2014, 07:01:39 PM »

Hope they find her soon.  We have seen so many of these, I hope it isn't her husband like so many are.  an angelic monkey

GOD BLESS AMERICA
Red
Administrator
Monkey Junky

« Reply #3 on: July 05, 2014, 11:09:04 AM »

Facebook: Locate Erin

https://www.facebook.com/LocateErin
Red
Administrator
Monkey Junky

« Reply #4 on: July 05, 2014, 11:11:53 AM »

Search Continues for 19 Year Old, Pregnant Military Wife Erin Corwin Missng Since 6/28/14 in San Bernardino County, CA (Update: Erin Corwin’s Car Found)

http://scaredmonkeys.com/2014/07/05/search-continues-for-19-year-old-pregnant-military-wife-erin-corwin-missng-since-62814-in-san-bernardino-county-ca-update-erin-corwins-car-found/

UPDATE I: Missing military wife’s car found; still no sign of pregnant 19-year-old.

According to the police, Corwin’s 2013 blue Toyota Corolla was found in Twentynine Palms on Monday. San Bernardino County Sheriff’s Department said, “They felt it was necessary for those investigators to get involved early on. They said there were some suspicious circumstances.”

California police recovered a missing pregnant woman’s car — but they’re still not sure where she is.

Erin Corwin’s Toyota Corolla was spotted close to her Twentynine Palms home on Monday after the 19-year-old Marine wife went missing on Saturday, KTLA reported.

Corwin, who is three months pregnant, was last seen Saturday morning when she left the Marine base where she lives with her corporal husband to drive to Joshua Tree National Park.

San Bernardino County Sheriff’s Department updates.
http://cms.sbcounty.gov/sheriff/MediaCenter/SheriffPressReleases/PressReleasesfor2014/July/UpdateTwentyninePalmsMissingPerson.aspx
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #5 on: July 05, 2014, 11:43:58 AM »

Hope they find her soon.  We have seen so many of these, I hope it isn't her husband like so many are.  an angelic monkey

I hope not too
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #6 on: July 05, 2014, 11:46:57 AM »

http://**/general-news/20140704/search-teams-scour-joshua-tree-as-authorities-fear-foul-play-in-disappearance-of-29-palms-marines-missing-pregnant-wife

Authorities have given no indication that Cpl. Corwin is considered a person of interest in their investigation.

The Marine Corps has forbidden Cpl. Corwin from speaking publicly about his wife’s disappearance, according to family members, but Erin’s sister-in-law said there is no way he is even capable of harming his bride.

“If you knew him you’d know how much he loves her and what kind of an exemplary man he truly is,” said DeeAnna Heavilin of Corpus Christi, Texas, in a phone interview. “God forbid, if harm did come to her it wasn’t from his hands.”

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

ARUBA: It's all about Natalee...we won't give up!

« Reply #7 on: July 05, 2014, 01:09:48 PM »

I hope not too

Me too!   

I stand with the girl, Natalee Holloway.

"I can look back over the past 10 years and there were no steps wasted, and there are no regrets,'' she said. "I did all I knew to do and I think that gives me greater peace now." "I've lived every parent's worst nightmare and I'm the parent that nobody wants to be," she said.

Beth Holloway, 2015 interview with Greta van Susteren
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #8 on: July 06, 2014, 12:16:27 AM »

https://www.facebook.com/LocateErin/posts/1529302907298379?comment_id=1529440507284619&offset=0&total_comments=135

Locate Erin Erin was pregnant in January. Unfortunately, she lost the baby early on and is recently pregnant again at the time of her disappearance. Thank you all for continuing to follow her story. Please confine to follow and share as you have time!
Yesterday at 12:18pm

"I can look back over the past 10 years and there were no steps wasted, and there are no regrets,'' she said. "I did all I knew to do and I think that gives me greater peace now." "I've lived every parent's worst nightmare and I'm the parent that nobody wants to be," she said.

klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #9 on: July 06, 2014, 09:41:36 AM »

https://www.facebook.com/LocateErin

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #10 on: July 08, 2014, 04:56:03 PM »

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/mom-of-missing-pregnant-woman-doesnt-suspect-son-in-law/
Mom of missing pregnant woman doesn't suspect son-in-law
July 8, 2014

TWENTYNINE PALMS, Calif. - The mother of a missing pregnant woman in Southern California says she does not suspect her son-in-law in her daughter's disappearance, reports CBS Los Angeles.

Erin Corwin, 19, was last seen at her home just before heading to Joshua Tree National Park on June 28 around 7 a.m., according to the station. She is three months pregnant.

Corwin's husband, Marine Cpl. Jonathan Wayne Corwin, reported her missing the following morning, the station reports. He is based at the Twentynine Palms Marine base, near where Erin's 2013 Toyota Corolla was found.

Lore Heavilin, Erin's mother, said she does not believe her son-in-law could be linked to any possible foul play, according to CBS Los Angeles. Police have called the disappearance "suspicious."

The station reports there has been no phone, bank or social media activity on any of the missing woman's accounts. Homicide detectives have taken the lead role in investigating, though the disappearance is still considered a missing persons case.

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #11 on: July 08, 2014, 04:58:25 PM »

http://abcnews.go.com/blogs/headlines/2014/07/mystery-deepens-in-case-of-missing-pregnant-woman-erin-corwin/
Mystery Deepens in Case of Missing Pregnant Woman Erin Corwin
July 8, 2014

Authorities today continued their search for 19-year old Erin Corwin, who went missing at Joshua Tree National Park on June 28, amid speculation about the circumstances of her mysterious disappearance.
The mother of Erin’s Marine husband Jonathan Corwin said she’s particularity concerned about the  attention that has focused on Jonathan.
“I know that it’s everyone’s first thought that it’s the spouse,” Sheila Braden told ABC News, “but if they knew John and Erin, and the relationship they had, they would know he’s not capable of this.”
Homicide investigators are leading the search after police announced last week that there were “suspicious circumstances” surrounding her disappearance.
The San Bernardino Sheriff’s Department has not named any suspects in the case.
Multiple users were blocked from Praying for Erin, the Facebook group aimed at spreading the word about Corwin’s disappearance.
The group, despite being flooded with supportive messages, also attracted speculative comments from strangers, particularly about the husband.  An update posted yesterday acknowledged the “suspicions, doubts, and questions,” but asserted that “conspiracy theories” are not helpful.
San Bernardino County Sheriff’s deputies say LErinance Cpl. Jonathan Corwin reported his wife missing on June 29, a day after she was last seen leaving their home headed for the park. She is three months pregnant, police said.
Police helicopters and ground forces have spent the last week searching without any success. Some 50 volunteers searched over the holiday weekend.
Police located Corwin’s 2013 Toyota Corolla in Twentynine Palms on June 30, but there was no indication of her whereabouts.

Video with Erin's mom speaking. 

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #12 on: July 08, 2014, 05:00:49 PM »

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2014/07/08/mystery-surrounds-disappearance-pregnant-military-spouse-erin-corwin/
Mystery surrounds disappearance of pregnant military spouse Erin Corwin
July 8, 2014

Lance Cpl. Jonathan Corwin said there was nothing out of the ordinary when his 19-year-old pregnant wife left their California home for a vast national park nine days ago -- sparking an all-out search for the missing woman Tuesday using "every resource possible," authorities told FoxNews.com Tuesday.

Erin Corwin, who is three months pregnant, was last last seen around 7 a.m. on June 28 at the couple's Twentynine Palms home as she was setting out to explore Joshua Tree National Park, her Marine husband told investigators with the San Bernardino County Sheriff’s Department.

Jonathan Corwin reported his wife missing the next day. Police located her 2013 Toyota Corolla in Twentynine Palms on June 30 but declined to say whether any potential evidence had been removed from the vehicle.

"We're not naming any persons of interest or suspects until we're convinced a crime has been committed," Naquin said. "Right now we're treating this as a critical missing person case."

Naquin described the vast desert park as roughly the size of Rhode Island with sandy and rocky terrain and temperatures in the triple digits.

Naquin said authorities, including a team of homicide detectives, are investigating "various leads" that have come in since Corwin's disappearance.

Naquin described Jonathan Corwin as cooperative but declined to comment on whether his home, car and computer had been examined by authorities.

"If my wife didn't show up for dinner, I’d report her missing sooner but I don’t know what the family dynamic is between Erin and her husband," Naquin said. "I don't know if they were used to spending a lot of time apart. And I also don’t know if there were problems between Erin and her husband."

According to local media reports, Corwin told investigators his wife -- a volunteer horse rescue worker -- wanted to scout out the park in advance of a planned family visit. The Corwins are originally from Oak Ridge, Tenn., and Erin Corwin's mother had planned to visit her for her birthday in the coming weeks. Mother and daughter had already purchased tickets to visit SeaWorld, authorities said, and Erin Corwin had no known medical or psychological issues.

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #13 on: July 11, 2014, 08:34:49 PM »

http://cms.sbcounty.gov/sheriff/MediaCenter/SheriffPressReleases/PressReleasesfor2014/July/UpdateTwentyninePalmsMissingPerson.aspx

San Bernardino County Sheriff’s Department

Press Release

DATE/TIME: Sunday, June 29, 2014                     UPDATE - July 11, 2014

INCIDENT: Missing Person Investigation

VICTIM: Erin Corwin, 19-year-old, 5'02", 120 lbs, Brown hair, Blue eyes

Summary

UPDATE - July 11, 2014:

The Specialized Investigators, along with Sheriff’s Search & Rescue volunteers continue the search for Erin Corwin.  The search area is concentrated around the Joshua Tree National Park and has covered more than 200 square miles of remote desert.

The information released during this search has been minimal due to the suspicious nature of Erin’s disappearance.  The search has shown no sign of Erin and her disappearance does not appear to be voluntary. When conducting investigations like these, Investigators must keep in mind the potential for this search to turn into a criminal investigation at any time.  Therefore, the information released about the search techniques, search areas and interviews will be minimal.

The search will continue as necessary, throughout the weekend using search and rescue volunteers from San Bernardino County, Los Angeles County and Kern County Sheriff’s Departments and Joshua Tree National Park Service Rangers.

Anyone with information about Erin Corwin is urged to contact the Sheriff’s Specialized Investigation Division at (909)387-3589 or Sheriff’s dispatch at (909)387-8313.  Callers wishing to remain anonymous can contact the WeTip Hotline at 1-800-78-CRIME (27463) or go to www.wetip.com

Updates will be released as new information becomes available.

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #14 on: July 13, 2014, 10:59:28 AM »

https://www.facebook.com/LocateErin/posts/1534668813428455

Locate Erin
2 hours ago

After two long weeks, the search for Erin continues today. We have had no significant leads or updates since her vehicle was found 13 days ago. Please continue to share Erin's story. We pray that someone who knows something about her disappearance will come forward soon.

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #15 on: July 13, 2014, 10:55:57 PM »

http://www.people.com/article/erin-corwin-missing-pregnant-family-prays-returns

Family of Missing Pregnant Woman Erin Corwin Prays for a Miracle

By Elaine Aradillas

07/11/2014 at 07:00 PM EDT

Erin Corwin was preparing for her mother to visit, and was planning to surprise her with the news that she was two months pregnant.

On June 28, while her husband, U.S. Marine Cpl. Jon Corwin, stayed home, Erin, 19, got into her car at about 7 a.m. and drove to Joshua Tree National Park, near her home in Twentynine Palms, California. She was looking for ideas for things to do with her mom. She hasn't been seen since.

"Jon kept trying to call her, and figured there was no cell service at the park," says Jon's mother, Sheila Braden. "By the evening, he started to get worried and started calling around. Maybe she had gone to a friend's house or whatever."

The following morning, June 29, there was still no sign of Erin. "Then, he finally called the police," says Braden.

For the past 10 days, instead of celebrating their good news, Jon and Erin's parents have watched the San Bernardino Sheriff's Department scour the park for clues. Officials found her blue 2013 Toyota Corolla abandoned about two miles from the military base, says Braden. In the Press-Enterprise newspaper, a sheriff spokeswoman said there were "definite suspicious circumstances."

Jon Corwin, who hasn't been able to comment per the military's orders, has been fully cooperative and is not a suspect, his mother says.

"He wants her home. He talks about things they're going to do when she gets home," Braden says. "He's handling it better than I would expect from a 21-year-old, but it's still really hard on him."

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #16 on: July 13, 2014, 11:46:36 PM »

Sad if true.   

http://www.z1077fm.com/breaking-news-in-case-of-missing-twentynine-palms-woman/

BREAKING NEWS IN CASE OF MISSING TWENTYNINE PALMS WOMAN
By Z107.7 News, on July 11th, 2014

Z107.7 News has learned that investigators have developed key information in the case of the wife of a Twentynine Palms Marine who was reported missing Sunday morning, June 29. A source close to the Sheriff’s investigation revealed that Corwin, who is three months pregnant, had apparently been having an affair with another married Marine and investigators believe that pregnancy was from her lover, not her husband. The source noted that investigators have interviewed all the parties involved and said while their stories have checked out, the other Marine’s story is full of contradictions, and they do not believe they will find Erin Corwin alive. Saturday morning, June 28, Erin Corwin, 19, told her husband she was going to scout locations in Joshua Tree National Park in preparation for her mother’s visit. When she did not return, Corporal Jonathon Corwin reported her missing to the County Sheriff’s Department. Her car was found the next day by a Twentynine Palms Water District employee at Valle Vista and Ranch Road, according to KFMB-TV in San Diego. Sheriff’s Captain Dale Mondary said in interviews with other media that detectives and search-and-rescue personnel have narrowed their search to a few specific areas in the Morongo Basin, but would not say where.

http://www.z1077fm.com/radio-story-led-to-missing-womans-car/

RADIO STORY LED TO MISSING WOMAN’S CAR
By Z107.7 News, on July 12th, 2014

A Twentynine Palms Water District employee—who heard coverage of the disappearance of a Twentynine Palms woman on Z107.7—is believed to be responsible for finding Erin Corwin’s missing car. Corwin left home on Saturday, June 28, telling her husband she was going to Joshua Tree National Park to scope out locations to take her mother who was coming for a visit. Corwin’s husband reported her missing the next day, Sunday, June 29. Z107.7 News broke the story of Corwin’s disappearance on Monday, June 30. According to the Water District’s General Manager Tamara Alaniz, the employee was out doing field work Monday morning, when he spotted a blue Toyota Corolla that matched the description of Corwin’s car at Valle Vista and Ranch Road, several miles from the Marine Base’s Condor gate, and called the Sheriff’s Department to report it.

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #17 on: July 14, 2014, 12:00:05 AM »

http://www.cbs8.com/story/25971456/timeline-emerges-in-marine-wifes-mysterious-disappearance

Timeline emerges in Marine wife's mysterious disappearance near Joshua Tree
Posted: Jul 08, 2014 9:49 PM CST Updated: Jul 11, 2014 12:02 AM CST
By David Gotfredson, Field Producer

CBS News 8 reviewed sheriff scanner traffic recorded on the morning the 19-year-old went missing:

Scanner Traffic Audio - Sunday, June 29, 8:30 a.m.:

In dispatch radio traffic recorded at approximately 8:30 a.m. on Sunday, June 29, an unidentified deputy in the field is in communication with his sergeant.

“Hey Sarge, I made contact with the RP (reporting party) over the phone. He says his wife left yesterday around 0700 and was supposed to return 1600,” the deputy reported. “She has no family. They’re from Tennessee. She’s less than two months pregnant.”

Investigators now say Corwin is three months pregnant.

At the time of the recording, Corwin had been missing for 16 hours. The deputy had just gotten off the phone with the pregnant woman’s husband, U.S. Marine Corporal Jonathan Corwin.

The husband did not provide the deputy with a description of the clothing his wife was wearing when she disappeared, according to the radio audio.

Conway reportedly left her home on the Twentynine Palms Marine base that Saturday morning and failed to return Saturday afternoon.

The husband reported his wife had gone to nearby Joshua Tree National Park to scope out locations to visit with her mother, Lore Heavilin, who was planning on flying in from her home in Tennessee.

At the time of the June 29 call, the deputy on the radio is already driving into Joshua Tree National Park to look for the young mother-to-be; but he is called off by his sergeant in favor of a much larger search effort.

“Okay, well, we have a myriad of park rangers and search & rescue volunteers for the national park that can go do what you're attempting to do; so come on back out of there and as soon as you get cell service give me a call,” the unidentified sergeant instructs the deputy.

On Monday, June 30, deputies located the missing wife’s 2013 Toyota Corolla just a couple blocks from the Marine base but more than eight miles from the Joshua Tree park entrance, her reported destination.

Based on the sheriff dispatch recordings, a timeline of Corwin’s disappearance emerges as follows:
Saturday, June 28 @ 0700:     Wife leaves home at Marine base
Saturday, June 28 @1600:    Corwin fails to return home to base
Sunday, June 29 @ 0830:    Husband speaks with deputy on phone
Monday, June 30:     Corwin’s vehicle found near Marine base, miles away from Joshua Tree

Even though the Marine wife's vehicle was found outside the park, search & rescue teams continue to focus their efforts inside Joshua Tree National Park.

Entrances to the park are equipped with multiple surveillance cameras.  Reached by telephone Tuesday, a Joshua Tree chief ranger declined to comment on whether Corwin had been spotted entering or exiting the park on surveillance.

The ranger referred all questions to the San Bernardino County Sheriff’s Department.

The San Bernardino County Sheriff’s Department did not respond to a voice mail message seeking comment on the case. It has been two days since sheriff's investigators have posted an update on their search.

No suspects have been named but investigators said the circumstances of the Corwin's disappearance appear suspicious.

yuknomenot
Monkey Junky

« Reply #18 on: July 14, 2014, 09:20:24 AM »

So either Jon already knew about the affair, or he suspected it, and that's why he waited to report her missing.  There is another possibility, but it appears he is on the up and up.  Sad all the way around.
Sister
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #19 on: July 14, 2014, 11:21:55 AM »

So either Jon already knew about the affair, or he suspected it, and that's why he waited to report her missing.  There is another possibility, but it appears he is on the up and up.  Sad all the way around.

yes, it is so sad.

it appears this will not end well.  I truly hope I am mistaken.

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.