April 25, 2024, 02:47:15 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Erin Corwin, 19yrs - 3mo Pregnant Missing Twenty Nine Palms CA 6/28/14  (Read 45353 times)
cw618
Monkey Junky

« Reply #20 on: July 14, 2014, 08:44:14 PM »

So either Jon already knew about the affair, or he suspected it, and that's why he waited to report her missing.  There is another possibility, but it appears he is on the up and up.  Sad all the way around.

that same thought crossed my mind too, someone was having an affair

goodmorn,goodnite, got to go, as always its been wonderful, talking with you, and most of all have a great day, and dont forget to smile
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #21 on: July 16, 2014, 06:40:18 PM »

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2014/07/16/erin-corwin-search-search-warrants-issued-in-case/
Authorities issue search warrants in Erin Corwin case
July 16, 2014

Four search warrants have been issued in the disappearance of a Marine's pregnant wife who has been missing for more than two weeks in California.

Meanwhile, a man who lives near the location where the missing woman's car was found told a local television station that he saw her rendezvous with a man in a red car the morning she disappeared.

Erin Corwin, who turned 20 on Tuesday and is three months pregnant, was last seen at 7 a.m. on Saturday, June 28, leaving her home on the base and heading for Joshua Tree National Park, her husband, Marine Cpl. Jonathan Corwin, told investigators.

Corwin reported his wife missing the next day. Police located her 2013 Toyota Corolla in the Twentynine Palms Marine Base on June 30, but have declined to say whether any potential evidence had been removed from the vehicle.

Authorities have obtained four search warrants in the case, two to search two vehicles, one of which is Corwin's car, and two apartments in Twentynine Palms.

The warrants, which all contained identical language allowing investigators to search for clues such as hair and fibers, DNA and electronic records, were signed by a judge on July 1, CBS8.com reported.

Michael Beasley, who lives near the location where Erin Corwin's abandoned car was found, told CBS8.com that the woman met a man at a nearby intersection and appeared to voluntarily enter his car before the two drove away.

“They were just sitting and chatting. If she wanted to get out of the car and say, ‘I don't want to be in this car,' she could have,” Beasley told the station. “When I came back a half hour later, just the (blue) car was sitting there. Next thing, I hear the weekend goes by and Monday morning the sheriffs are there looking for this girl because she ain't home yet."

Beasley described the man as shorter than 5-foot-9 and had short hair.

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

ARUBA: It's all about Natalee...we won't give up!

« Reply #22 on: July 17, 2014, 07:53:19 PM »

http://www.desertsun.com/story/news/2014/07/17/erin-corwin-search-ncis-investigation-missing/12808449/

NCIS joins Erin Corwin investigation
Denise Goolsby, The Desert Sun 4:15 p.m. PDT July 17, 2014

TWENTYNINE PALMS – The Naval Criminal Investigative Service is assisting the San Bernardino County Sheriff's Department in its investigation into the disappearance of Erin Corwin, an NCIS spokesman told The Desert Sun on Thursday.

"We're assisting them as far as some of the more military aspects of the investigation," said Ed Buice, NCIS public affairs officer at Marine Corps Base Quantico in Virginia. "The military world is sometimes very confusing to non-military investigators. We help them connect the dots and find a way through the red tape."

The NCIS maintains an office at Marine Corps Air Ground Combat Center in Twentynine Palms, where Corwin was last seen June 28.

According to a resident in Oak Ridge, Tenn. — the hometown of Erin Corwin and her husband, Marine Cpl. Jonathan Corwin — the NCIS had been there to interview at least one person.

The 20-year-old Marine wife, found out she was pregnant just two weeks before she vanished, has been missing for nearly three weeks.

I stand with the girl, Natalee Holloway.

"I can look back over the past 10 years and there were no steps wasted, and there are no regrets,'' she said. "I did all I knew to do and I think that gives me greater peace now." "I've lived every parent's worst nightmare and I'm the parent that nobody wants to be," she said.

Beth Holloway, 2015 interview with Greta van Susteren
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #23 on: July 17, 2014, 08:16:37 PM »

http://www.kpbs.org/news/2014/jul/17/witness-erin-corwin-search-warrant-beasley/

Erin Corwin Case Update: ‘Witness’ Comes Forward, Search Warrants Executed (Video)

Thursday, July 17, 2014

By Beth Ford Roth

KFMB reports two vehicles and two residences were searched:

Blue 2013 Toyota Sedan bearing California license # 7CJX519
        Dark colored Jeep Cherokee bearing Alaska license # GHP564
        The premises at 6650 Jasmine St, apartment #F, Twenty Nine Palms
        The premises at 6650 Jasmine St, apartment #D, Twenty Nine Palms

"I can look back over the past 10 years and there were no steps wasted, and there are no regrets,'' she said. "I did all I knew to do and I think that gives me greater peace now." "I've lived every parent's worst nightmare and I'm the parent that nobody wants to be," she said.

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #24 on: July 18, 2014, 08:27:32 AM »

Thank you for the updates texasmom.  I hope Erin can be found.

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #25 on: July 18, 2014, 11:09:58 AM »

Thank you for the updates texasmom.  I hope Erin can be found.

You're welcome Muffybee!   

I hope they find her too.  I've gone over many possibilities in my head of what may have happened to her, and although some of them would mean she's ok; they just don't seem likely.  Would hope she wouldn't intentionally put her family through this regardless of whatever else may have been going on in her life.  It also seems unlikely from what we know of a vehicle with an Alaska license plate possibly also connected to an apartment near Erin's would have the resources to hide her from everyone and hold her this long (and her be ok).  Surely that person has been under surveillance as well.  I'm having issues with my Wifi and haven't been able to read the search warrant documents yet.  So I'm still hoping for the best...while fearing the worst. 

I unloaded and loaded the dishwasher while a single page loaded last night.   

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #26 on: July 18, 2014, 10:50:22 PM »

http://cms.sbcounty.gov/sheriff/MediaCenter/SheriffPressReleases/PressReleasesfor2014/July/UpdateTwentyninePalmsMissingPerson.aspx

San Bernardino County Sheriff’s Department

Press Release

DATE/TIME: Sunday, June 29, 2014                     UPDATE - July 18, 2014

INCIDENT: Missing Person Investigation

VICTIM: Erin Corwin, 19-year-old, 5'02", 120 lbs, Brown hair, Blue eyes

Summary

UPDATE -  Friday, July 18, 2014

The missing person investigation and search for Erin Corwin continues.  Throughout the week, Specialized Investigators have been in Twentynine Palms and in and around Joshua Tree National Park searching and flying the remote areas.  The ground search will resume through the weekend.

There is no information being released regarding possible witnesses, witness statements or investigative techniques used during this search.  At this time, the search for Erin Corwin has not been classified as a criminal investigation.  Additionally, there are no suspects or 'persons of interest' identified.

We appreciate your patience as investigators work tirelessly on this search.  Updates will be provided as new information becomes available.

Investigators are continuing to ask anyone who may have information regarding the whereabouts of Erin Corwin to contact the Specialized Investigation Division (909) 387-3589 or Sheriff's dispatch at (909) 387-8313. Callers wishing to remain anonymous can contact the We-Tip Hotline at 1-800-78-CRIME (27463) or go to www.wetip.com

________________________________________________________________________________

UPDATE - Monday, July 14, 2014

The search for Erin continued throughout the weekend with Search & Rescue volunteers in the field continuing to search more than 200 square miles of remote desert.  On Saturday, July 12, 2014 and Sunday, July 13, 2014, over 60 personnel were involved in the search including teams from San Bernardino, Los Angeles and Kern County Sheriff's Department.  San Bernardino County Sheriff's air support also assisted in the search.

UPDATE - July 12, 2014:

The search for Erin resumes today with 68 total personnel involved.  Ground teams involved are from San Bernardino, Los Angeles and Kern County Sheriff's Departments.  SB Co. Sheriff's air support are also on scene.

No new developments at this time.  Updates will be released as new information becomes available.

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #27 on: July 19, 2014, 12:33:53 AM »

http://www.people.com/article/missing-marine-wife-erin-corwin-left-with-man-witness

Witness Says Erin Corwin Voluntarily Drove Off with Another Man Before Vanishing

By Jeff Truesdell

07/18/2014 at 06:20 PM EDT

Meanwhile, warrants made public this week reveal investigators sought permission to search two apartments on the Marine base that is home to Corwin, whose 20th birthday was Tuesday, and her husband, Marine Cpl. Jon Corwin.

The warrants also mention a 2013 blue Toyota sedan with California license plates, and a dark-colored Jeep Cherokee with Alaska license plates.

In each case, the otherwise identical documents indicate authorities are looking for items such as DNA and hair samples, latent prints, anything "soiled with bodily fluids," and electronic devices, including computers.

While acknowledging "it's an active investigation that, at some point, could turn into a criminal investigation," Cindy Bachman, a spokeswoman for the San Bernardino Sheriff's Department, tells PEOPLE: "We haven't located any solid evidence that has established this as a criminal investigation. We haven't identified anyone as a suspect or a person of interest."

"At this time," she adds, "it's a missing-person investigation and a search for a missing person."

klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #28 on: July 21, 2014, 11:28:19 PM »

http://blinkoncrime.com/2014/07/21/missing-marine-wife-erin-corwin-breaking-news-husband-was-not-on-duty-the-day-she-disappeared/

Missing Marine Wife Erin Corwin Breaking News: Husband Was NOT On Duty The Day She Disappeared

klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #29 on: July 21, 2014, 11:48:13 PM »

http://www.wbir.com/story/news/2014/07/21/ex-marine-who-knew-erin-corwin-arrested/12975351/

Erin Corwin's neighbor arrested, suspected of affair
Brett Kelman, The Desert Sun 11:43 p.m. EDT July 21, 2014

High Desert law enforcement believe that a pregnant Marine spouse who has been missing for more than three weeks may have been shot while hunting with a Marine veteran with whom she was having an affair.

On the day she disappeared, Erin Corwin, 20, had planned to meet with her neighbor, Christopher Brandon Lee, 24, to spend a "special day together" on a hunting trip, according to documents filed in a Joshua Tree courthouse.

The investigation has come to focus on Lee, who may have been the father of her child, according to an affidavit filed by Detective Corey Emom. In the affidavit, Emom wrote that he had reviewed text messages — sent by Corwin to a friend — confirming her romantic relationship with Lee, and that the couple had taken a day trip on the day she disappeared.

When questioned by detectives, Lee said he had kissed Corwin but that they never had sex, according to the affidavit.

Miller would not say whether Lee's arrest was related to the search for Corwin. However, when asked for an update on the search for the missing woman, Miller's first response was to mention the arrest of Lee.

When pressed, Miller said Lee was arrested as a result of a search warrant in "an ongoing investigation." She repeatedly refused to say whether that was the investigation of Corwin's disappearance.

klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #30 on: July 21, 2014, 11:50:02 PM »

http://www.desertsun.com/story/news/crime_courts/2014/07/21/erin-corwin-christopher-lee-arrest/12961823/

Erin Corwin lover Christopher Lee arrested, freed
Brett Kelman, The Desert Sun 7:33 p.m. PDT July 21, 2014

High Desert law enforcement believe that a pregnant Marine spouse who has been missing for more than three weeks may have been shot while hunting with an ex-Marine with whom she was having an affair.

On the day she disappeared, Erin Corwin, 20, had planned to meet with her neighbor, Christopher Brandon Lee, 24, to spend a "special day together" on a hunting trip, according to documents filed in a Joshua Tree courthouse.

The day trip was meant to celebrate Corwin's pregnancy, but detectives said Lee was afraid his wife would discover their affair.

"It is highly likely that Erin could have been harmed by an unknown firearm," detectives wrote in court documents. "Sometime after Erin left with Lee, her phone was deactivated (turned off). Detectives believe if Erin was injured and left at an undisclosed location, she would not (be) able to call for help."

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #31 on: July 22, 2014, 06:51:49 AM »

Statement of probable cause (click on the document to make it bigger so you can read it)

http://www.gannett-cdn.com/media/PalmSprings/PalmSprings/2014/07/21/1405981693000-corwin-affadavit.JPG

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #32 on: July 22, 2014, 07:02:14 AM »

http://www.wbir.com/story/news/2014/07/21/ex-marine-who-knew-erin-corwin-arrested/12975351/

Erin Corwin's neighbor arrested, suspected of affair
Brett Kelman, The Desert Sun 11:43 p.m. EDT July 21, 2014

High Desert law enforcement believe that a pregnant Marine spouse who has been missing for more than three weeks may have been shot while hunting with a Marine veteran with whom she was having an affair.

READ: Statement of probable cause

The day trip was meant to celebrate Corwin's pregnancy, but detectives said Lee was afraid his wife would discover their affair.

"It is highly likely that Erin could have been harmed by an unknown firearm," detectives wrote in court documents. "Sometime after Erin left with Lee, her phone was deactivated (turned off). Detectives believe if Erin was injured and left at an undisclosed location, she would not (be) able to call for help."

Lee told detectives he was not with Corwin on the day she disappeared, but confirmed he went hunting in Joshua Tree National Park.

Lee moved to Alaska last week, according to a friend.

The San Bernardino County Sheriff's Department has repeatedly said the case is not criminal and that they have no suspects, but court documents obtained by The Desert Sun on Monday show otherwise.

The investigation has come to focus on Lee, who may have been the father of her child, according to an affidavit filed by Detective Corey Emom. In the affidavit, Emom wrote that he had reviewed text messages — sent by Corwin to a friend — confirming her romantic relationship with Lee, and that the couple had taken a day trip on the day she disappeared.

When questioned by detectives, Lee said he had kissed Corwin but that they never had sex, according to the affidavit.

Although Miller would not confirm the link between Lee's arrest and Corwin's disappearance, court documents leave no doubt as to why deputies searched the house on Geronimo Trail. The affidavit filed in the Joshua Tree courthouse — which revealed the affair, the hunting trip and the bullet casings — was filed in court to justify the search of the house.

Authorities searched this house because Lee had been living there temporarily, said Isabel Megli, the homeowner. Megli, a mutual friend of both Lee and Corwin, owns the White Rock Horse Rescue Ranch in Yucca Valley. Both Lee and Corwin volunteered at the ranch, and Megli said they knew each other, but she never saw any signs that they were having an affair.

Megli said Lee and his family moved out of his apartment and into the house on Geronimo Trail on July 3. Law enforcement searched the house on day later.

"We had no idea what they were looking for," Megli said.

Megli said Lee left for Alaska last Wednesday.

Lee joined the Marine Corps in July 2008 and received an honorable discharge earlier this month, on July 7, three days after his arrest. He was a corporal and served as a rifleman with 2nd Battalion, 7th Marines, 1st Marine Division. Lee is currently serving in the Individual Ready Reserve.

The Desert Sun has also confirmed that Lee and Corwin both worked at the White Rock Horse Rescue Ranch in Yucca Valley. The ranch has said that Corwin was a volunteer who worked with horses. Photos on the ranch website show Lee working with a horse at the ranch.

"Investigators are working around the clock, tirelessly, in respect to this investigation. They are following up on any and all leads, speaking to numerous people, in an effort to find Erin."

Authorities have also served at least four other search warrants in relation to the case: Two for apartments D and F at 6650 Jasmine Drive on the Marine Corps Air Ground Combat Center, one for Erin Corwin's car and one for a dark-colored Jeep with Alaska license plates.

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #33 on: July 22, 2014, 07:08:56 AM »

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation-now/2014/07/21/marine-palm-springs-corwin/12970339/

Ex-Marine who knew missing California woman arrested
USA Today Network Brett Kelman, The Desert Sun 7:30 p.m. EDT July 21, 2014

PALM SPRINGS, Calif. — An ex-Marine who is an acquaintance of missing Marine wife Erin Corwin has been arrested on suspicion of possessing a destructive device, but authorities won't say whether the arrest is related to the Corwin search.

Christopher Lee, 24, was arrested on Friday, July 4, after the San Bernardino County Sheriff's Department searched a home in the 700 block of Geronimo Trail in Yucca Valley.

Lee joined the Marine Corps in July 2008 and received an honorable discharge earlier this month, on July 7, three days after his arrest. He was corporal and served as a rifleman with 2nd Battalion, 7th Marines, 1st Marine Division. Lee was serving in the Individual Ready Reserve.

Although the Twentynine Palms resident was arrested more than two weeks ago, the sheriff's department did not release information about his arrest until Monday. The release announcing the arrest said the detectives attached to the search worked in the homicide department.

Another link can be found in High Desert court documents. According to a search warrant filed in the Joshua Tree Superior Court, authorities have hunted for clues in a dark-colored Jeep Cherokee with Alaska plates as part of the Corwin investigation. Lee's home of record is Anchorage, said Capt. Cheryl Dengler, a Marine spokeswoman.

The sheriff's department news release issued Monday doesn't say why sheriff's deputies were searching the Geronimo Trail home. The release also claims that Lee had a "destructive device," but it doesn't say what the device was. Miller said she couldn't be more specific.

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #34 on: July 22, 2014, 07:20:53 AM »

http://www.desertsun.com/story/news/crime_courts/2014/07/21/erin-corwin-christopher-lee-arrest/12961823/

Erin Corwin lover Christopher Lee arrested, freed
Brett Kelman and Tatiana Sanchez, The Desert Sun 9:27 p.m. PDT July 21, 2014

Emom's affidavit also reveals that investigators searched Lee's home, an apartment on the Marine base, for firearms but found none. Deputies did find 10 spent .40-caliber bullet casings in Lee's Jeep. Tire tracks found behind the Twentynine Palms Marine base link the Jeep to Corwin's car.

Corwin's car, a blue Toyota sedan, was found near the base's back gate on June 30, two days after she disappeared.

According to the newly released court documents, police found a single set of shoe tracks at Corwin's abandoned vehicle. The tracks led from the driver side door of her Toyota and then disappeared next to a set of tire tracks. The court document states that tracks found at the scene are "consistent" with the tire tracks left by Lee's Jeep.

Finally, the affadivit states that Lee's wife, Nichole, admitted to a friend that the couple had something to hide. According to the court document, Nichole Lee berated her husband for not having an alibi and for "not being able to keep his lies straight." The friend interviewed by deputies was Isabel Megli, owner of the White Rock Horse Rescue Ranch in Yucca Valley, where both Lee and Corwin own horses.

"Nichole made statements to Isabel about the detectives having missed something at their residence when it was searched because detectives did not search the garage," the affadavit states. "Nichole told Isabel that without a body the detectives did not have a case against them and the detectives would never find the body."

When contacted Monday evening, Megli told The Desert Sun she and Nichole Lee weren't specifically talking about the Corwin case, but similar cases.

Despite the contents of these court documents, Christopher Lee has not been arrested — at least, not in the Corwin case.

According to a department news release, Lee was arrested on July 4 on suspicion of possessing a "destructive device." Lee was booked into the Morongo Basin Jail, then released on July 6 after posting bail.

Sheriff's department spokeswoman Jodi Miller refused to say what the destructive device was, but said it was found during a search of a home in the 700 block of Geronimo Trail in Yucca Valley. However, court documents suggest the device was a potato gun found in a car parked at the house.

A search warrant receipt included in the documents lists additional items taken from a white Ford truck in Lee's possession. Items include a pair of tan boots, a black Pelican case containing several .223 rounds, one Springfield .45 calibre magazine with rounds, a Gerber utility knife and one blue latex glove.

In addition, the affidavit lists retrieval of a rifle belonging to Lee from a closet in the back of Megli's residence.

Megli, however, denies any knowledge that the rifle was in her home.

"I had nothing to do with that," Megli said Monday evening. "I wasn't even involved. If it was here, they took it and they left."

Christopher Brandon Lee is seen working with a horse in this photo provided by Yucca Valley’s White Rock Horse Rescue.(Photo: Provided by Yucca Valley’s White Rock Horse Rescue)

klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #35 on: July 22, 2014, 05:00:52 PM »

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/marine-who-knew-missing-pregnant-california-woman-arrested/

Marine who knew missing pregnant California woman arrested

Last Updated Jul 22, 2014 3:20 PM EDT

TWENTYNINE PALMS, Calif. - A recently discharged Marine who volunteered at a horse ranch with Erin Corwin, the missing pregnant wife of another California-based Marine, was arrested on suspicion of possession of a destructive device, authorities said Monday.

Jessica Trenthan, Corwin's friend in Tennessee, told authorities that Corwin may be pregnant with Lee's child and that Lee was worried if his wife Nicole discovered the pregnancy, she would divorce him and keep him from their child, the affidavit says.

During the search, .223 caliber ammunition, a .45 caliber magazine with rounds, a Canon digital camera, a utility knife, a Samsung cell phone, a blue latex glove, tan boots, "camo" pants, a U-haul truck with contents, an iPod touch and a homemade destructive device known as a potato launcher were recovered, reports KFMB.

Documents obtained by the station also indicate that Isabella Megli, the owner of the Yucca Valley ranch, told authorities that Nicole Lee told her that "without a body, the detectives did not have a case against them and the detectives would never find the body."

When contacted Monday evening, Megli reportedly told the Desert Sun newspaper that she and Nicole Lee weren't specifically talking about the Corwin case, but similar cases.

The affidavit alleges Megli told authorities that she heard Nicole Lee berate her husband about "not being able to keep his lies straight when he was interviewed by detectives because he was dumb."

Lee's wife could have killed her, IMO
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #36 on: July 22, 2014, 06:49:17 PM »

I agree Klaas.   

Seems like it could be similar to the Heather Elvis case imo.

Wonder if his wife is as scary looking as Tammy Moorer?   

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #37 on: July 22, 2014, 06:58:52 PM »

http://cms.sbcounty.gov/sheriff/MediaCenter/SheriffPressReleases/PressReleasesfor2014/July/UpdateErinCorwinMissingPersonInv.aspx

San Bernardino County Sheriff’s Department

Press Release

DATE/TIME:        June 29, 2014                                     **UPDATE – July 22, 2014**

INCIDENT:           Missing Person Investigation – UPDATE 

VICTIM(S):          Erin Corwin, age 19 of Twentynine Palms 

Summary

Detectives have received information regarding possible locations to be searched for potential evidence of foul play regarding the disappearance of 19-year-old Erin Corwin. The information is the result of an extensive three-week investigation.

“We are looking for a crime scene,” said Leland Boldt, the captain of the Sheriff’s Specialized Investigation Division.

Investigators from the Sheriff’s Specialized Investigation Division have spoken to numerous persons who knew Erin prior to her disappearance looking for any and all information that may lead them to Erin’s whereabouts.  It is imperative investigators determine whether or not there was foul play, Sgt. Trevis Newport said.  Search warrants have been executed as part of this investigation to assist investigators in determining what may have occurred.   

Further information regarding the facts outlined in the search warrant will not be discussed. It is unfortunate such extensive details were released regarding this investigation because it can affect the outcome of the case. The San Bernardino County Sheriff’s Department has a responsibility to Erin’s family, her loved ones and her unborn child to provide answers regarding her disappearance. It is essential the integrity of the investigation be maintained in order for justice to be served.

Christopher Lee was known to Erin Corwin prior to her disappearance and as a result of their contact, a search warrant was issued in the 700 block of Geronimo Trail in Yucca Valley. Investigators located a destructive device and arrested Lee for its possession, per PC18710(a). Lee was arrested for a felony charge not related to the disappearance of Erin Corwin.  The case regarding the arrest for the destructive device has been completed and forwarded to the District Attorney’s office for filing.

Although suspicious circumstances have existed from the inception of this investigation there is still not enough evidence to rule out that Erin Corwin could be voluntarily missing.  It is crucial all acquaintances be contacted and interviewed, in an effort to solve the case.

Investigators continue to ask anyone with information about Erin Corwin is urged to contact the Sheriff’s Specialized Investigation Division at (909) 387-3589 or Sheriff’s Dispatch at (909) 387-8313.  Callers wishing to remain anonymous can contact the We-Tip Hotline at 1-800-78-CRIME (27463) or you may leave information on the We-Tip Hotline at www.wetip.com

Refer:                   Sergeant Trevis Newport or Detective Daniel Hanke 

Station:                Specialized Investigations Division – Homicide Detail

Phone No.          (909) 387-3589

Case No.:             201400900

John McMahon, Sheriff-Coroner

San Bernardino County Sheriff-Coroner Department                     

John McMahon, Sheriff-Coroner

San Bernardino County Sheriff-Coroner Department

Sheriff’s Public Affairs Division

655 E. Third Street

San Bernardino, California 92415-0061

Telephone: (909) 387-3700

klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #38 on: July 22, 2014, 09:12:47 PM »

http://www.desertsun.com/story/news/crime_courts/2014/07/22/erin-corwin-missing-marine-wife-timeline/13008419/

Timeline:

June 30: Erin Corwin's car, a 2013 blue Toyota Corolla, is found outside a rear entrance – called the "Condor Gate" – at the Marine Corps Air Ground Combat Center at Twentynine Palms, where the Corwins lived. A single set of footprints leads away from Corwin's car and to another set of vehicle tire tracks. The tracks are "consistent" with the tracks of Christopher Brandon Lee's Jeep.

July 1: Four search warrants are issued authorizing police to search twoapartments in Twentynine Palms, the Corwins' and an apartment occupied by Christopher Brandon Lee and his wife Nichole, and two cars: Corwin's Toyota and a dark-colored Jeep with Alaska license plates belonging to Christopher Lee. They find 10 .40-caliber fired cartridge casings in the Jeep.

Detectives talk to Christopher Lee and his wife, Nichole. Christopher Lee said he didn't see Erin Corwin on June 28 or June 29, despite reports from a close friend of Erin's that Lee had told her he was taking her "somewhere special" to hunt and celebrate Corwin's pregnancy.

July 3: Christopher Lee and his wife and young daughter move in with Isabel Megli, owner and operator of the White Rock Horse Rescue in Yucca Valley. She says the family is preparing to move to Alaska as soon as Lee is discharged from the Marine Corps.

July 4: Police execute another search warrant, this time at Megli's home in Yucca Valley and two vehicles believed have been in Lee's possession: a white Ford truck and a green Honda Civic. Police find a potato launcher belonging to Lee and book him on suspicion of possessing a "destructive device."

July 6: Christopher Lee released on bail.

July 7: Christopher Lee receives an honorable discharge from the Marines.

July 15: Erin Corwin's 20th birthday.

July 16: The Desert Sun obtains and publishes the search warrants for the two apartments on the base and the two vehicles.

July 21:
Police issue press release on arrest of Christopher Lee on suspicion of possessing a "destructive device." Included in the documents obtained by the Desert Sun along with a search warrant related to the "destructive device" charge is a "Statement of Probable Cause" that suggests Corwin was having an affair with Lee and that Lee and his wife may have hidden something from police.

July 22: A police press release suggests that new information has led them to new sites where they are now actively searching for a "crime scene" and evidence of "foul play."
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #39 on: July 22, 2014, 09:23:20 PM »

Nichole Lee's facebook page:

https://www.facebook.com/nichole.lee.5070

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.