March 28, 2024, 02:50:47 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Erin Corwin, 19yrs - 3mo Pregnant Missing Twenty Nine Palms CA 6/28/14  (Read 45268 times)
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

ARUBA: It's all about Natalee...we won't give up!

« Reply #60 on: July 26, 2014, 02:01:33 PM »

http://www.z1077fm.com/still-no-evidence-of-a-crime-in-erin-corwin-disappearance/

STILL NO EVIDENCE OF A CRIME IN ERIN CORWIN DISAPPEARANCE
By Z107.7 News, on July 25th, 2014

27 days after Erin Corwin, 20, the wife of a Twentynine Palms Marine, was reported missing, Specialized Sheriff’s investigators are still trying to find out what may have happened on June 28th, the day she told her husband she was going to Joshua Tree National Park. 

Just Tuesday investigators said they are focusing on looking for a crime scene, any evidence that Corwin had come to harm, or that a crime was committed. Mondary said they are continuing the search, identifying areas to look during the week, and then physically searching weekends, when trained volunteers are available. He added that a Specialized Sheriff’s team is looking into abandoned mines in the area, again primarily looking for any evidence of a crime. Captain Mondary said they are getting some assistance from the FBI, who offered their assistance the first day and have been involved in the investigation. Mondary told Z107.7 News he understands the media and public’s frustration with the seemingly slow pace of the investigation but said they have to have hard evidence and real clues to work from and are working tirelessly to find that proof of a crime before any accusations or arrests are made. The Captain reminded us, quote, “It is not a crime to go missing, and right now it is a missing persons case.

I stand with the girl, Natalee Holloway.

"I can look back over the past 10 years and there were no steps wasted, and there are no regrets,'' she said. "I did all I knew to do and I think that gives me greater peace now." "I've lived every parent's worst nightmare and I'm the parent that nobody wants to be," she said.

Beth Holloway, 2015 interview with Greta van Susteren
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #61 on: July 27, 2014, 09:23:11 AM »

http://www.desertsun.com/story/news/crime_courts/2014/07/26/erin-corwin-isabel-megli-investigation/13202339/

Erin Corwin friend: Police 'put a spin' on her remarks
Brett Kelman, The Desert Sun 10:33 a.m. PDT July 26, 2014

A High Desert woman who was questioned as part of the search for a missing Marine wife has insisted that detectives exaggerated her statements in court documents, twisting her words to shift suspicion onto the neighbors of the missing woman.

Isabel Megli, owner of the White Rock Horse Rescue Ranch in Yucca Valley, said Friday that she never told detectives that Nichole Lee said police had "missed something" when they searched her garage. Megli said several other statements attributed to her by detectives were taken out of context.

"They put a spin on it," Megli told The Desert Sun. "I'm am not going to say I didn't say it, but it definitely wasn't the whole of what I said."

According to the affidavit, Megli told detectives that:

• Nichole Lee said she was concerned her husband did not have an alibi and would "not be able to keep his lies straight."

• Nichole Lee said that detectives did not have a case "without a body," and that "detectives would never find the body."

• And that police had "missed something" while searching Lee's apartment because they did not search the garage.

When interviewed by The Desert Sun on Friday, Megli said the first two statements were misconstrued by detectives who wrote the affidavit. Nichole Lee made these statements while chatting casually at the horse ranch, discussing the Corwin disappearance and similar mysteries, comparing them to the clichès of television crime drama.

Megli said Nichole Lee was worried her husband would accidentally incriminate himself — even if he hadn't done anything wrong — if he was grilled by detectives.

Finally, Megli insisted that Nichole Lee never said police "missed something" in the garage, but actually remarked that police had simply not searched the garage at all. Nichole Lee was thankful police skipped the garage because the couple had packed their belongings in preparation to move out of the apartment, and deputies would have torn through the packaging during the search.
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #62 on: July 27, 2014, 09:27:17 AM »

http://www.examiner.com/article/updates-on-missing-horse-whisperer-erin-corwin-cops-now-looking-for-crime-scene

Updates on missing horse whisperer Erin Corwin, cops now looking for crime scene

July 26, 2014

According to the search warrants, on June 28 Erin told her husband she was heading to the park to search for hiking trails she could enjoy with her mother who was expected to be making a visit from Tennessee within a matter of days. Erin did not come home that evening, and her husband called the police the next day.

A friend that has known Erin for 8 years spoke highly of Erin with ABC,

"She loved her horses and loved her family. She just always was laughing and having fun and trying to cheer people up."

The friend also talked to ABC about a miscarriage that Erin had suffered earlier this year, after posting on Facebook in January that she was pregnant.

"She was really sad about it. She wanted kids. She loves kids and she thought she was really positive about it."

The latest search warrants on the case suggest that the lead detectives investigating the disappearance of Erin Corwin suspect that her neighbor, a man named Christopher Lee who is also a Marine, may be the father of her current unborn child. Until recently, no persons of interest had been named in the case, the warrants recently released by the San Bernardino Sheriff's however suggest that this may no longer be the case.

Investigators from the San Bernardino Police Department have stated in this warrant that their suspicions began to rise against Christopher Lee as a possible persons of interest after he was first contacted by police.

Upon first point of contact by the police following the disappearance of his next door neighbour Erin Corwin, Chris Lee told the police that he barely knew Erin. According to the search warrant at this first point of contact,

"Lee denied knowing much about Erin and said he and his wife [Nicole] only knew her as an acquaintance. The last time he spoke to Erin was approximately two months ago."

Police would later find out that not only was this not the case, but that Lee had also supposedly seen Erin the day she disappeared, according to text messages forwarded from one of Erin's closest friends. About this development in the case, the warrant against Chris Lee and Nicole Lee reads,

"Jessica Trenthan, Erin's friend in Tennessee, confirmed Erin and Lee were romantically involved and Erin may be pregnant with his child. Erin told Jessica that Lee was worried if his wife discovered Erin was pregnant, the wife would divorce him and keep him from his child. Jessica knew Erin were going on a hike together on June 28 for a celebration of Erin's pregnancy."

The warrant goes on to say that Lee was going to be taking Erin hiking that day, according to text messages written by Erin herself, to celebrate her pregnancy. At some point after Erin left with Lee, her phone was turned off and it is not known if it has been turned on since. Investigators have also recovered Erin's vehicle, and tracked her footprints from that vehicle to a set of tire prints consistent with the tire prints of Christopher Lee's Jeep.

After this information was recovered, law enforcement visited Chris Lee again and his story changed on his relationship with Erin. He told law enforcement she was slightly more than an acquaintance, and that they had "previously kissed each other but never had sexual intercourse."

Media outlets have been reporting that the police do not have any suspects in this case, but the warrant suggests otherwise.
July 1 the police paid a visit to both Lee and his wife Nicole, and the warrant details a conversation about the firearms the couple owned. Nicole admitted the couple owned a .22 caliber rifle.

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #63 on: July 27, 2014, 12:39:06 PM »

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10203576073335785&set=a.1559729186514.80979.1033826065&type=1

Sheila Cox Braden This was taken when Jon got home from Japan in October.
July 19 at 11:56am

"I can look back over the past 10 years and there were no steps wasted, and there are no regrets,'' she said. "I did all I knew to do and I think that gives me greater peace now." "I've lived every parent's worst nightmare and I'm the parent that nobody wants to be," she said.

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #64 on: July 27, 2014, 01:01:31 PM »

Read a lot about this case yesterday.

Now if I only knew for sure how much of it is true.   

Was Jon on duty Saturday or not?  Blink's piece says no, but others say he wasn't on the duty roster for that day but worked to cover for someone else.

Did Jon and Erin attend a neighborhood party the night before Erin disappeared and did she leave early?

If they did attend the party, were Chris and Nichole Lee there also; and was Chris' trip to Joshua Tree the next morning discussed?

If the party rumors are true, both couples were there, and if Chris was really asking others if they'd like to go to Joshua Tree the next day with him; the timing of the texts sent to Erin's friend about plans with Chris for that day become extremely important imo.

KarmaRoundUp
Monkey Junky

Angels Are True

« Reply #65 on: July 27, 2014, 01:28:07 PM »

Was Jon on duty Saturday or not?  Blink's piece says no, but others say he wasn't on the duty roster for that day but worked to cover for someone else.

Did Jon and Erin attend a neighborhood party the night before Erin disappeared and did she leave early?

If they did attend the party, were Chris and Nichole Lee there also; and was Chris' trip to Joshua Tree the next morning discussed?

If the party rumors are true, both couples were there, and if Chris was really asking others if they'd like to go to Joshua Tree the next day with him; the timing of the texts sent to Erin's friend about plans with Chris for that day become extremely important imo.
This case confuses me also TexasMom

IF Jon worked that sat. how did he get there as I'm reading they only had one car,the one Erin drove.
Also:They actually only lived together a few months....so like newlyweds,so would Erin really be messing around with other men cause all I'm reading about her....seems like she's not that way.
To me it's a lot of conflicting info,right down to Erin supposedly telling Jon she was pregnant with C.Lee's baby to her supposedly texting her GF that C.Lee was taking her to JT to celebrate her having his baby when other texts to same GF states C.Lee was worried about HIS wife finding out about the pregnancy.

I also don't understand Jon waiting all that time to notify police that she was missing and him just assuming she stayed over on the horse ranch.Why assume that when she could have broke down in the car somewhere or fell in JT park or really anything.Jon didn't at least try and call her?I know they say her phone was turned off right after she left but.....wouldn't that be enough to make him worry more?

Strange case with hardly any info.

Karma Is Coming

Justice for Natalee Holloway!

Rest In Peace Sweet Angels

Help Light Lindsey's Way Home
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #66 on: July 27, 2014, 03:00:17 PM »

IF Jon worked that sat. how did he get there as I'm reading they only had one car,the one Erin drove.
Also:They actually only lived together a few months....so like newlyweds,so would Erin really be messing around with other men cause all I'm reading about her....seems like she's not that way.
To me it's a lot of conflicting info,right down to Erin supposedly telling Jon she was pregnant with C.Lee's baby to her supposedly texting her GF that C.Lee was taking her to JT to celebrate her having his baby when other texts to same GF states C.Lee was worried about HIS wife finding out about the pregnancy.

I also don't understand Jon waiting all that time to notify police that she was missing and him just assuming she stayed over on the horse ranch.Why assume that when she could have broke down in the car somewhere or fell in JT park or really anything.Jon didn't at least try and call her?I know they say her phone was turned off right after she left but.....wouldn't that be enough to make him worry more?

ITA, karmaroundup!  I've had all the same thoughts, the late reporting still really bugs me and that he couldn't describe what she was wearing when he saw her last.  If he wasn't on duty why wouldn't he go with her, especially if they only have one car?  The possibility that he may have been drunk and destroying the house after reporting her missing just doesn't sit well with me either, especially considering the destruction and clean up would have taken place before the search warrants were executed. 

If a red car is connected, who does it belong to and how are they involved?  I don't think I've read any speculation about who that might be.

KarmaRoundUp
Monkey Junky

Angels Are True

« Reply #67 on: July 27, 2014, 08:46:21 PM »

ITA, karmaroundup!  I've had all the same thoughts, the late reporting still really bugs me and that he couldn't describe what she was wearing when he saw her last.  If he wasn't on duty why wouldn't he go with her, especially if they only have one car?  The possibility that he may have been drunk and destroying the house after reporting her missing just doesn't sit well with me either, especially considering the destruction and clean up would have taken place before the search warrants were executed. 

If a red car is connected, who does it belong to and how are they involved?  I don't think I've read any speculation about who that might be.
Oh,I forgot about the rumors of a party the night before.Don't they live like right next door to each other....the Lee's and the Corwin's?

I find this all so strange...living next door or a couple of apts away from a man that you are having an affair with and pregnant by him,possibly and his wife nor your hubby suspect anything???

Maybe the red car belongs to one of Jon's or Chris's friends.

Karma Is Coming

KarmaRoundUp
Monkey Junky

Angels Are True

« Reply #68 on: July 29, 2014, 01:57:41 PM »

New video with horse rescue ranch owner.....

http://www.kesq.com/news/white-rock-horse-rescue-owner-talks-one-month-search-for-erin-corwin/27196508

Karma Is Coming

Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #69 on: July 30, 2014, 06:51:25 PM »

Erin Corwin case featured on People Magazine cover
July 30, 2014
http://www.desertsun.com/story/news/local/2014/07/30/erin-corwin-people-magazine/13359369/

Marine's Missing Pregnant Wife May Have Hidden Many Secrets
07/30/2014
http://www.people.com/article/erin-corwin-missing-marine-wife-pregnant-affair-christopher-lee-people-cover-story

Loving Natalee - Beth Holloway
Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #70 on: August 02, 2014, 09:35:32 PM »

http://www.desertsun.com/story/news/local/2014/07/30/erin-corwin-people-magazine/13359369/

Erin Corwin case featured on People Magazine cover

Denise Goolsby, The Desert Sun 6:17 p.m. PDT July 30, 2014

People's cover features a familiar photo of the couple, he in Marine dress blues, she in a midnight blue gown. It also includes an inset photo of Christopher Lee, a Marine now in the reserves. According to court documents, police suspect Lee and Erin Corwin were having an affair and Corwin was carrying his child.

People details how the Corwins became "chummy" with Christopher Lee and his wife Nichole when they moved to Twentynine Palms last fall. The Lee's lived next door with their daughter Liberty, 7.

The couple shared a loved of dogs and horses and often spent time together at the horse rescue ranch.

"Erin and Nichole had dogs, and they went to the dog park together," horse rescue owner Isabel Megli told People Magazine. "Jon and Christopher were friends, too. They came out here and took the dune buggy out."

But by February, Megli says she'd noticed the couples' friendship had cooled. "I would say to Nichole, 'Where's Erin?' and Nichole would say, 'I don't know,'" she says. "She never said a word."

Megli said the Lees typically visited the ranch on weekends, but not the Saturday when Erin went missing. Still, "Sunday they came and had fun," she told People. "They seemed fine."

Megli, who said she's known the Lees for about a year and a half, said the couple left the ranch on July 16. Their horses, Mac and Humorous, were shipped to Alaska on July 23.

"They're up there with their family," Megli said, alluding that the horses are now back with the Lees, who have also returned to home in Alaska.

Erin's horse, Cassy, remains at the ranch.

"I've decided to keep her until Erin comes back," Megli said. "I won't adopt her out."

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #71 on: August 02, 2014, 09:49:13 PM »

https://www.facebook.com/LocateErin/posts/1544445839117419

Locate Erin
3 hrs ·

Erin has been missing for five weeks today. There are no new updates to share at this time. Please continue to pray for the detectives and search teams who are continuing to work towards finding Erin. Praying that today is the day that she is found. Thank you all for your continued support, thoughts, and prayers.

Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #72 on: August 14, 2014, 11:44:03 AM »

No new leads in Erin Corwin case
August 9, 2014

There are no new updates in the case of Erin Corwin, the wife of a Twentynine Palms Marine who went missing on June 28, according to the San Bernardino County Sheriff's Department.

<snipped>

The last official update released on the search for Corwin was released July 22 by the San Bernardino County Sheriff's Department. At that time, detectives announced they had received information regarding possible locations to be searched for potential evidence of foul play.

"We are looking for a crime scene," Capt. Leland Bolt, head the sheriff's Specialized Investigation Division, said.

"Although suspicious circumstances have existed from the inception of this investigation, there is still not enough evidence to rule out that Erin Corwin could be voluntarily missing," he said.

Corwin's case has been included in the California Missing Persons database. She is reported as a "Voluntary Missing Adult."

<snipped>

http://www.desertsun.com/story/news/2014/08/10/erin-corwin-new-leads/13855929/

Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #73 on: August 14, 2014, 11:48:03 AM »

No new leads in Erin Corwin case
August 9, 2014

On Saturday, a community event and fundraiser in support of Corwin and her family was held at the Little Ponderosa Zoo and Rescue in Clinton, Tenn., which is 11 miles from her hometown of Oak Ridge, Tenn.

A portion of Saturday's zoo admissions are going to Corwin's family for a reward and expenses incurred as part of the ongoing investigation, according to a post on the Little Ponderosa Zoo and Rescue Facebook page.

"This is an event to bring the community together and show support for Erin, who shared a special love for animals," the post said.

Activities included pony rides, face painting, cotton candy, refreshments and photos with animals.

Evening events included a bonfire with s'mores, and a candlelit vigil dedicated to Corwin.

A gofundme.com account established to help the family with expenses related to Corwin's disappearance has raised $3,060 to date.

<snipped>

http://www.desertsun.com/story/news/2014/08/10/erin-corwin-new-leads/13855929/

_____

Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #74 on: August 14, 2014, 11:48:52 AM »

_____

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #75 on: August 16, 2014, 10:11:46 AM »

https://www.facebook.com/LocateErin/posts/1550890281806308

Locate Erin
1 hr ·

Hi everyone! First, please continue to pray for the search efforts that the SBSD is leading this weekend. Pray that this is the day we bring Erin home!
Second, we are continuing to only ask for assistance in the investigation into Erin's disappearance from local law enforcement. They are working ceaselessly to find Erin and have brought in others they believe are best qualified to assist in the investigation and search. If you want to offer any services in the case or if you have any information regarding Erin's disappearance, please contact the San Bernardino Sheriff's Department directly at 909-884-0156. Otherwise, we ask that everyone continue to respect our wishes that the ongoing, active investigation that the Sheriff's Department is leading be left undisturbed by the public's interference. Thank you all for the support. Please keep the search in your prayers throughout the weekend!

klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #76 on: August 16, 2014, 11:35:00 AM »

http://www.hidesertstar.com/news/article_f03d7ad6-24e9-11e4-a81e-001a4bcf887a.html

Disappearance lingers in locals’ minds

Erin Corwin case puts 29 Palms in national spotlight

Posted: Friday, August 15, 2014 7:06 pm

By Alexis Cubit Hi-Desert Star | 0 comments

TWENTYNINE PALMS -— In a city with a population size of about 30,000, something like a disappearance or abduction doesn’t happen often. That’s why when 19-year-old Erin Corwin disappeared on June 28, it came as a surprise to Twentynine Palms residents.

“It was a topic of discussion probably every day at breakfast, when you’re out for lunch,” said Cynthia Truitt, the executive director of Twentynine Palms Chamber of Commerce. “The question in the community here was where’s Erin? Where’s Erin?”

The question has yet to be answered, although some have formed their own opinions.

“Different stories and different people sharing ideas of what they thought had happened or what could’ve happened or occurred,” Truitt said, “just like it would be in any small community, especially when you’re close to the people that are missing.”

Fear also began to enter the minds of the women in the small city, causing them to put their actions into perspective.

BabsKats
Monkey Junky

« Reply #77 on: August 18, 2014, 02:51:56 PM »

http://abc7.com/news/arrest-in-disappearance-of-ie-pregnant-woman/268697/

Monday, August 18, 2014

The alleged lover of a missing 19-year-old pregnant woman from Twentynine Palms has been arrested in Alaska, sources tell the Associated Press.

Erin Corwin, wife of a U.S. Marine, was last seen leaving her home in Twentynine Palms on June 28. The San Bernardino County Sheriff's Department said at the time that there were suspicious circumstances surrounding her disappearance.

Cpl. Christopher Brandon Lee, Corwin's neighbor, was arrested at 10 p.m. Sunday, according to Cynthia Kott, a booking clerk at the Anchorage Correctional Complex. Court papers show Lee was Corwin's lover.
Samantha
Scared Monkey

« Reply #78 on: August 18, 2014, 03:18:05 PM »

Monday, August 18, 2014

The alleged lover of a missing 19-year-old pregnant woman from Twentynine Palms has been arrested in Alaska, sources tell the Associated Press.

Erin Corwin, wife of a U.S. Marine, was last seen leaving her home in Twentynine Palms on June 28. The San Bernardino County Sheriff's Department said at the time that there were suspicious circumstances surrounding her disappearance.

Cpl. Christopher Brandon Lee, Corwin's neighbor, was arrested at 10 p.m. Sunday, according to Cynthia Kott, a booking clerk at the Anchorage Correctional Complex. Court papers show Lee was Corwin's lover.

They must have just updated the article.. when I went to it it now says:

MISSING TWENTYNINE PALMS PREGNANT WOMAN'S BODY FOUND; ARREST MADE
Monday, August 18, 2014

Her body was discovered in a 140-ft mine shaft Saturday, San Bernardino County sheriffs said. Her body was recovered a day later and positively identified through dental records.

grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #79 on: August 18, 2014, 03:42:29 PM »

http://fox5sandiego.com/2014/08/18/body-of-marines-missing-wife-found-near-joshua-tree/#axzz3Am7JdEMO

Body of Marine’s missing wife found near Joshua Tree
10 mins ago

The body of a U.S. Marine’s wife who went missing in June has been found 140 feet down in a mine shaft near Joshua Tree National Park, and her former neighbor has been arrested in connection with her death, authorities announced Monday.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.