April 23, 2024, 12:36:55 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Malaysia Airline Crash - 295 Passengers/Crew - Ukraine - 7/17/14  (Read 5862 times)
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« on: July 17, 2014, 11:38:31 AM »

BREAKING NEWS

Malaysia Airlines plane crashes on Ukraine-Russia border - live
4:44PM BST 17 Jul 2014

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/europe/ukraine/10974050/Malaysia-Airlines-plane-crashes-on-Ukraine-Russia-border-live.html

Loving Natalee - Beth Holloway
Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2014, 11:42:37 AM »

Malaysia Airlines plane crashes in east Ukraine near Russian border: reports
Date
July 18, 2014 - 1:46AM

London: A Malaysian Boeing 777 en route from Amsterdam to Kuala Lumpur has crashed in eastern Ukraine near Donetsk, according to online reports.

On board were 280 passengers and 15 crew, Russia’s Interfax news agency said.

Anti-Russian activists in the Ukraine claimed it was shot down over territory controlled by pro-Russian separatists.

Interfax quoted a source in aviation circles saying the flight was about 80 kilometres from Russian airspace.

<snipped>

http://www.smh.com.au/world/malaysia-airlines-plane-crashes-in-east-ukraine-near-russian-border-reports-20140718-zu9p2.html

Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #2 on: July 17, 2014, 11:45:48 AM »

Malaysians say have no information about any airliner crash
KUALA LUMPUR, Thu Jul 17, 2014 11:43am EDT

Malaysia Airlines and the Malaysian Ministry of Transport said on Thursday they had no information about any airliner that may have been crashed over Ukraine.

Russia's Interfax news agency said a Malaysian passenger airliner with 295 people on board crashed in Ukraine near the Russian border.

<snipped>

http://www.reuters.com/article/2014/07/17/ukraine-crash-malaysia-idUSL4N0PS48X20140717

_____

Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #3 on: July 17, 2014, 11:49:47 AM »

_____

Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #4 on: July 17, 2014, 11:54:11 AM »

VIDEO: Malaysia Airlines plane crashes en route from Amsterdam to Kuala Lumpur
POSTED 11:27 AM, JULY 17, 2014, BY CNN WIRE, UPDATED AT 12:00PM, JULY 17, 2014

EASTERN UKRAINE – A Malaysia Airlines flight from Amsterdam to Kuala Lumpur has crashed in eastern Ukraine, Russian news agency Interfax reported Thursday.

Malaysia Airlines confirmed that it lost contact with MH17, and the flight’s last known position was over Ukrainian airspace, the airline said on Twitter.

The jet is a Boeing 777, according to Interfax.

The plane reportedly went down near the border between Russia and Ukraine.

The route taken by the Malaysian flight is a very common one between Kuala Lumpur and the Netherlands, said CNN aviation safety consultant Mary Schiavo. She noted that the plane was flying over a troubled area and said close communication with air traffic controllers would be a key necessity.

In a hostile or disputed areas, “any alteration from your course and you can have a problem,” she said.

<snipped>

http://wtvr.com/2014/07/17/malaysia-airlines-crash/

_____

Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #5 on: July 17, 2014, 12:01:02 PM »

Malaysian B777 crash reported in contested Ukraine airspace
Posted on July 17, 2014

Russian news agency Interfax is reporting that a Malaysian Boeing 777 aircraft has crashed close to contested airspace near Donetsk.

The news agency reports that the crash site is near to where the Ukrainian army is fighting militiamen. Earlier the agency reported that more than 15 rockets had reached Russia from Ukraine where a battle was under way near the border of the two countries.

Malaysia Airlines has now confirmed that it had lost contact of Flight MH17 carrying 295 people on board en route from Amsterdam to Kuala Lumpur and that its last known position was over Ukrainian airspace.

Interfax-Ukraine quoted another Ukrainian official as saying the plane disappeared from radar when it was flying at 10,000 metres (33,000 feet), a typical cruising altitude for aircraft.

It came down at Torez, near Shakhtersk, some 40 km (25 miles) from the Russia border. The area has been the scene of fighting between Ukrainian troops and pro-Russian rebels.

<snipped>

http://www.airtrafficmanagement.net/2014/07/malaysian-b777-crash-reported-in-contested-airpsace/

_____

Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #6 on: July 17, 2014, 12:09:02 PM »

Malaysia Airlines passenger jet reportedly shot down in Ukraine
Published July 17, 2014

A Malaysian Airlines passenger plane with 295 aboard was shot down by a surface-to-air missile in Ukraine near the Russian border, according to multiple reports.

The airline, which saw one of its fleet disappear over the Indian Ocean in March, confirmed only that "an incident" had occurred involving the Boeing 777, which was en route to Kuala Lumpur from Amsterdam.

“Malaysia Airlines has lost contact of MH17 from Amsterdam," read a tweet from the airline. "The last known position was over Ukrainian airspace. More details to follow,” read a tweet from Malaysia Airlines’ account.

Malaysian Defense Minister Hishammuddin Hussein said he has directed the country’s Ministry of Defense to investigate the incident, according to a message on his Twitter account. He said he could not confirm that the plane was shot down.

But multiple reports, including from Russia's Interfax news agency, said the plane was shot down at cruising altitude. Anton Gerashenko, an adviser to Ukraine's Interior Minister told The Associated press that the plane, carrying 280 passengers and 15 crew people onboard, was shot down.

Gerashenko says on his Facebook page the plane was flying at an altitude of 33,000 feet when it was hit Thursday by a missile fired from a Buk launcher. A similar launcher was seen by Associated Press journalists near the eastern Ukrainian town of Snizhne earlier Thursday.

The adviser also told Russian news agency Interfax that all onboard have been killed.

<snipped>

http://www.foxnews.com/world/2014/07/17/malaysia-airlines-jet-reportedly-crashes-in-ukraine/

_____

Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #7 on: July 17, 2014, 12:48:23 PM »

_____

Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #8 on: July 17, 2014, 02:46:31 PM »

Malaysia Airlines passenger jet shot down over Ukraine, 295 dead
Published July 17, 2014

A Malaysia Airlines passenger plane with 295 aboard was shot down by a surface-to-air missile in Ukraine near the Russian border a day after a Ukrainian military jet was downed, Fox News has confirmed.

The Boeing 777 bound for Kuala Lumpur from Amsterdam was shot down at cruising altitude about 35 miles from the border, according to Anton Gerashenko, an adviser to Ukraine's Interior Minister. He said all 280 passengers and 15 crew members were killed. A Reuters correspondent near the scene reported seeing burning wreckage and bodies strewn across a nine-mile debris field. A Ukrainian Emergency official told the news agency body parts and at least 100 bodies were seen in the area.

The flight manifest reportedly included the names of 23 Americans, though State Department spokeswoman Jen Psaki said at a briefing Thursday, "we don't have any additional details at this point on American citizens" aboard the plane.

<snipped>

http://www.foxnews.com/world/2014/07/17/malaysia-airlines-passenger-jet-shot-down-over-ukraine/

http://www.foxnews.com/world/2014/07/17/malaysia-airlines-passenger-jet-shot-down-over-ukraine/

_____

Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #9 on: July 17, 2014, 02:47:20 PM »

_____

Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #10 on: July 17, 2014, 02:51:39 PM »

Unintentional?

Malaysia Airlines passenger jet shot down over Ukraine, 295 dead
Published July 17, 2014

<snipped>

KT McFarland, a former deputy assistant secretary of defense under President Ronald Reagan, and a Fox News national security analyst said the attack was most likely the work of Russian separatists, not the Russian or Ukrainian armies.

“I think it’s far more likely it was rebel forces in eastern Ukraine trying to get the Russian back involved," McFarland said.

But retired Army Lt. Col Ralph Peters, also a Fox News contributor, said it is unlikely the Russian military would have put missile batteries capable of knocking a plane out of the sky at such an altitude in the hands of rebels.

"It wasn't the separatists, although Russia will try to blame them, or blame the Ukrainians," Peters said. "The Russians have not given the separatists complex, high-altitude air-defense systems. If this airliner was flying at 34,000 feet or any altitude close to that, it was shot down by Russian military air-defense systems perched on the Ukrainian border."

Peters said the Russian military has been shooting down Ukrainian military aircraft in recent weeks, and most likely mistook the airliner for a Ukrainian military aircraft.

"Russia has a small number of elite forces, but most of the Russian military is ill-trained, sloppy and marginally disciplined.," he said. "With no Western response to them shooting down Ukrainian aircraft, they just got trigger happy."

<snipped>

_____

Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #11 on: July 17, 2014, 03:33:39 PM »

Malaysia Airlines plane crashes on Ukraine-Russia border - live
7:41PM BST 17 Jul 2014

This page will automatically update every 90 seconds.

<snipped>

20.16 The Ukrainian security services have released what they say are recordings proving that Russian military intelligence ordered MH17 to be shot down. Here's the recording, we're working to verify it. ....

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/europe/ukraine/10974050/Malaysia-Airlines-plane-crashes-on-Ukraine-Russia-border-live.html

_____

Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #12 on: July 17, 2014, 04:55:22 PM »

PHOTOS

Warning: Graphic Content: Wreckage from Malaysia jetliner crash site in Ukraine

A Malaysian Airlines passenger plane with 295 aboard was shot down by a surface-to-air missile in Ukraine near the Russian border a day after a Ukrainian military jet was downed, Fox News confirms.

http://www.foxnews.com/world/slideshow/2014/07/17/warning-graphic-content-wreckage-from-malaysia-jetliner-crash-site-in-ukraine/#/slide/mh17-crash-071714-3

_____

theboyzmom
Monkey Junky

Brandi is making sure I get around!

« Reply #13 on: July 17, 2014, 09:39:50 PM »

This is an interesting article

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2014-07-17/was-flight-mh-17-diverted-over-restricted-airspace

Perhaps the best visualization of what the issue is, comes from Vagelis Karmiros who has collated all the recent MH-17 flight paths as tracked by Flightaware and shows that while all ten most recent paths pass safely well south of the Donetsk region, and cross the zone above the Sea of Azov, it was only today's tragic flight that passed straight overhead Donetsk.

We can never be sure that the opinion we are endeavoring to stifle is a false opinion; and if we were sure, stifling it would be an evil still. - John Stuart Mill On Liberty, 1859
- George Bernard Shaw
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #14 on: July 18, 2014, 11:54:00 AM »

Malaysia Airline Flight MH17 Crashes, 298 Passengers & Crew Dead, Including 23 Americans (Update: Missile Shoots Down Plane)

Posted July 18, 2014 by Scared Monkeys

http://scaredmonkeys.com/2014/07/18/malaysia-airline-flight-mh17-crashes-298-passengers-crew-dead-including-23-americans-update-missile-shoots-down-plane/

Security Service of Ukraine Intercepts Phone Conversations of Russian Separatists Admitting Shooting Down Malaysia Airlines Flight MH17

http://scaredmonkeys.com/2014/07/18/security-service-of-ukraine-intercepts-phone-conversations-of-russian-separatists-admitting-shooting-down-malaysia-airlines-flight-mh17/

_____

Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #15 on: July 19, 2014, 01:54:42 PM »

Malaysia Airlines releases MH17 passenger manifest
Published July 19, 2014

http://www.foxnews.com/world/2014/07/19/malaysia-airlines-releases-mh17-passenger-manifest/

http://www.foxnews.com/world/interactive/2014/07/19/malaysia-airlines-mh17-passenger-manifest/

_____

Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #16 on: July 19, 2014, 07:32:56 PM »

UNBELIEVABLE … After 23 Americans Are Killed in Malaysia Flight MH17 Missile Terrorist Attack, Barack Obama Goes Fundraising in NYC … John McCain Says Obama Is AWOL on Ukraine

http://scaredmonkeys.com/2014/07/18/unbelievable-after-23-americans-are-killed-in-malaysia-flight-mh17-missile-terrorist-attack-barack-obama-goes-fundraising-in-nyc-john-mccain-says-obama-is-awol-on-ukraine/

Bodies Rained Down from the Sky on Ukraine Village After Malaysia MH17 Plane Shot Down by a Ground to Air Missile … And Obama Went to Fundraisers

Posted July 19, 2014 by Scared Monkeys

http://scaredmonkeys.com/2014/07/19/bodies-rained-down-from-the-sky-on-ukraine-village-after-malaysia-mh17-plane-shot-down-by-a-ground-to-air-missile-and-obama-went-to-fundraisers/

_____

Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #17 on: July 21, 2014, 05:00:51 PM »

US Embassy report offers strong evidence Russian-backed forces behind airplane strike
Published July 20, 201
http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2014/07/20/us-embassy-report-offers-strong-evidence-russian-back-forces-behind-airplane/

Dutch anger at treatment of bodies in Ukraine swells as king, queen prepare to meet families
Published July 21, 2014
http://www.foxnews.com/world/2014/07/21/dutch-anger-at-treatment-bodies-in-ukraine-swells-as-king-queen-prepare-to-meet/

2 American-born Israeli soldiers killed in Gaza fighting
Published July 21, 2014
http://www.foxnews.com/world/2014/07/21/2-americans-killed-in-fighting-in-gaza-strip/

Outrage at Moscow grows over 'shambolic' Flight 17 probe
Published July 21, 2014
http://www.foxnews.com/world/2014/07/21/outrage-at-moscow-grows-over-shambolic-flight-17-probe/

Obama says burden on Russia to stop separatists from tampering with evidence in Ukraine plane crash
Published July 21, 2014
http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2014/07/21/obama-to-speak-about-situation-in-ukraine/

Malaysia Air crash: UN approves resolution calling for probe
Published July 21, 2014
http://www.foxnews.com/world/2014/07/21/malaysia-air-crash-un-approves-resolution-calling-for-probe/

Pro-Russian rebels hand over black boxes, release Malaysia Air victims' remains
Published July 21, 2014
http://www.foxnews.com/world/2014/07/21/outrage-at-moscow-grows-over-shambolic-flight-17-probe/

_____

grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #18 on: July 21, 2014, 08:36:07 PM »

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/europe/ukraine/10979745/Malaysia-Airlines-plane-shot-down-Australians-send-head-of-MH370-search-to-oversee-recovery-effort.html

Malaysia Airlines plane shot down: Australians send head of MH370 search to oversee recovery effort
5:32AM BST 21 Jul 2014

Angus Houston, the head of the search for MH370, has been despatched to Ukraine by Australian prime minister Tony Abbott to oversee the effort to recover the bodies of Australia's MH17 passengers.

Mr Houston, a highly respected former Australian defence chief who has been the face of the search for the missing Malaysia Airlines aircraft, will serve in Ukraine as Mr Abbott's special envoy.

A statement from the MH370 search team said Mr Houston will remain in Ukraine "as long as necessary to complete the task". He will lead the effort to recover, identify and repatriate Australians killed in the MH17 crash, which was carrying 28 Australian citizens and eight residents.

"Air Chief Marshal Houston will work to ensure a comprehensive investigation into the MH17 crash is swiftly under way," a statement said.

"The first priority will be to recover the remains of the victims and to secure safe and sustained access to the MH17 site." The MH370 search operation is currently mapping the ocean floor off Australia and is due to resume underwater searches in about ten days. The Boeing 777 disappeared on March 8 with 239 passengers aboard on a flight from Kuala Lumpur to Beijing.

grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #19 on: July 22, 2014, 09:15:39 PM »

http://online.wsj.com/articles/najib-worked-privately-to-reach-deal-with-rebels-on-malaysia-airlines-flight-17-1406034097?mod=yahoo_hs

Low-Key Najib Labored Behind the Scenes to Secure Deal With Rebels
Malaysian Prime Minister Worked the Phones With Obama, Putin
July 22, 2014 9:01 a.m. ET

Through four days of negotiations, Mr. Najib held his cards close. Even some members of his inner circle were unaware that negotiations were under way with rebels in Ukraine. He held his tongue publicly, despite pressure to speak out against the armed men who controlled the crash site.

Early Tuesday, he went on national television and announced a breakthrough. Rebel leader Alexander Borodai had agreed to give the aircraft's data recorders to a Malaysian team in Ukraine and hand over the remains of passengers and crew members to the Netherlands.

Mr. Najib said Tuesday evening he was pleased that the rebels had turned over the two data recorders—which he said appeared to be in "good condition"—and the remains. He urged Mr. Borodai to meet a third condition and open the crash site to international investigators.

Pages: 1 2 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.