April 27, 2024, 01:18:25 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Jennifer Huston (38) Missing 7/24/14 Dundee Oregon  (Read 58346 times)
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #60 on: August 01, 2014, 02:32:42 PM »

http://www.krem.com/news/269529451.html

Dundee police following FBI advice in search for Jennifer Huston
Posted on August 1, 2014 at 8:31 AM

NEWBERG, Ore. -- Local police are going through a missing-persons checklist given to them by the FBI in the ongoing search for missing Dundee mom Jennifer Huston, authorities told KGW Thursday.

The Federal Bureau of Investigation is not directly involved in the Huston case, but advises smaller departments in what to look for. The mysterious disappearance of the 38-year-old wife and mother of two is not being investigated as a criminal case; it remains a missing persons case.

Huston disappeared after leaving home to run errands around 5:45 p.m. on July 24, according to a police timeline. Her husband Kallen Huston reported her missing the following day. Police said Kallen told them Jennifer left the house feeling stressed out, and he tried to call her fairly soon after, but she did not answer.

Huston's family told KGW Thursday morning they have been calling her cell phone every hour since then, and the calls go to voicemail every time.

Investigators have not been able to obtain a subpoena to ping Huston's phone for a location, because this is not a criminal investigation.  However, a technical expert told KGW a cell phone must be turned on in order to transmit a ping anyway, so this type of information would not be significantly helpful in the Huston case.

"After today [Thursday], we will probably have covered every part of our county, either by air or by vehicle. So, unless they have any more information by the end of today, we will have covered our portions of our county and probably not have any searchers out tomorrow," Svenson added.
------------
Clarification: Police earlier told KGW that they were able to determine Huston's cell phone had been turned off and the battery did not die. They have since backed off that statement.

Thanks Grace.

Janet

Loving Natalee - Beth Holloway
Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #61 on: August 01, 2014, 03:10:07 PM »

I could be wrong but ... it is the small withdrawal from the ATM that causes me to suspect that Jennifer did not take off to start a new life.

Janet

++++

TIMELINE

Search for missing Oregon mom stretches to San Juan Islands
JULY 31, 2014

<snipped>

The current timeline of Huston’s last known activities had her leaving home last Thursday evening at 5:45 p.m., and going to the Oregon First Community Credit Union in Newberg about three miles away. She withdrew less than $100 from the credit union ATM.

From 6:10 p.m. to 6:17 p.m., she went to Rite Aid, where she purchased Gatorade, trail mix and over-the-counter sleeping pills. The amount of sleeping pills she purchased would not be enough for a lethal dose.

At 6:20 p.m., she went to get gas at the nearby Circle K gas station on Portland Road, spending less than $40 at the gas station, leading police to believe she was topping off the tank.

At 6:35 p.m., Huston’s cell phone signal went dead.

Police said the expected travel range of Huston’s SUV on a full tank of gasoline would be 300 to 350 miles.

<snipped>

http://q13fox.com/2014/07/31/search-for-missing-oregon-mom-stretches-to-san-juan-islands/

Less than 15 minutes after leaving the gas station ... Jennifer's phone signal went dead.  Security footage implies that while at the gas station nobody was inside her vehicle.  What are the possible implications?

Janet

+++++

'No proof of crime' in missing Oregon mom case has detectives stymied
July 31, 2014

<snipped>

The gas station security footage shows Huston purchasing gas between 6:10 and 6:22 p.m. on Thursday. Turner said he reviewed the footage with police and that it did not show anyone inside the vehicle with his daughter.

"There was nobody in the passenger's seat," Turner said. "We went through all the different camera angles and there was also no movement in the backseat."

<snipped>

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2014/07/31/aerial-search-yields-no-clues-in-search-for-missing-oregon-mom-jennifer-huston/

Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #62 on: August 01, 2014, 04:03:33 PM »

Yamhill County ends search for Jennifer Huston
Published: August 1, 2014

DUNDEE, Ore. (KOIN 6) — After more than a week of coordinated air, ground and water searches over 745-square miles, the Yamhill County search for Jennifer Huston has ended.

The 38-year-old mother of two was last seen leaving a Circle K gas station in Newberg after getting a small amount of money and getting a few things at Rite-Aid on July 24.

<snipped>

The search could begin again if new leads are developed.

Her family will make a few statements about the search efforts Friday afternoon. KOIN 6 News will have more information later.

<snipped>

http://koin.com/2014/08/01/search-for-jennifer-huston-dundee-mother-august-1-2014/

_____

Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #63 on: August 01, 2014, 04:04:34 PM »

_____

Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #64 on: August 01, 2014, 04:42:26 PM »

If Jennifer is alive ... the implication is that she is not alone.  IMO

Think about the under $100 withdrawal from the ATM and the report that there has been no activity since that transaction on any accounts.

Has it been reported whether Jennifer packed clothing/toiletries prior to leaving home?

Janet

++++++

Report: Missing Oregon mother may be in Washington
August 1, 2014, 11:36 AM

FRIDAY HARBOR, Wash. - A Dundee, Oregon, woman who has been missing more than a week may be in Washington's San Juan Islands.

San Juan County Sheriff Rom Nou told KOMO News that detectives in Oregon told him Jennifer Huston may be in the San Juans or on her way there.

A dispatcher said Friday morning she had not been found.

Huston's family says she had spent time in the San Juans in the past. Deputies are watching for the 38-year-old mother of two and her car.

<snipped>

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/report-missing-oregon-mother-may-be-in-washington/

_____

Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #65 on: August 01, 2014, 04:53:09 PM »

Jennifer Huston Missing Since 7/24/14: Stopped at a Rite Aid Drug Store and Purchased Gatorade, Trail Mix and a Package of Sleeping Pills … Surveillance Video Image … Missing: Accident, Abduction, Suicide?

http://scaredmonkeys.com/2014/07/30/jennifer-huston-missing-since-72414-stopped-at-a-rite-aid-drug-store-and-purchased-gatorade-trail-mix-and-a-package-of-sleeping-pills-surveillance-video-image-missing-accident-abduction/

Ut-oh, Sleeping pills, full tank of gas and cell phone turned off …

Authorities in Oregon have released a surveillance video image of missing Jennifer Huston from the day that she went missing on July 24, 2014. The image is of Huston stopped at a Rite Aid drug store in Newberg, OR, and purchasing Gatorade, trail mix and a package of over-the-counter sleeping pills.

These are not good signs. The police have stated that the amount of sleeping pills she purchased would not be enough for a lethal dose. Also, the full tank of gas purchased by Jennifer Huston’s provides her with a 300 to 350 mile traveling range.Not to speculate, but I think the police may be looking at this in the wrong way. Sadly, sleeping pills, a full tank of gas and some one turning their cell phone off as all of the unfortunate signs of one attempting to contemplate suicide. The sleeping pills are not intended to be lethal, they are meant to make one drowsy as they run a car with a full tank of gas as carbon monoxide fumes enter the vehicle. The cell phone is turned off so not to be pinged and located. As per KPTV, according to phone records, Jennifer Huston received a text message from her mother at 6:22 p.m. Thursday, but the phone stopped sending signals at 6:25 p.m.

I hope I am very wrong and she is found safe and sound.

Red ... my thought exactly.  Akin to you ... I hope I am wrong.

Janet

_____

grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #66 on: August 01, 2014, 05:40:10 PM »

August 1, 2014 Tweets
https://twitter.com/NinaMehlhaf

Retweeted by Nina Mehlhaf 
KGW News @KGWNews     ·   24m   
Bookmark for 3 pm: Dundee mom's family holding press conference on search #findjenniferhuston http://bit.ly/1u7MQyS

LIVE STREAM
http://www.kgw.com/live-stream

grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #67 on: August 01, 2014, 05:48:22 PM »

At family news conference today--

She didn't take anything.  They checked the house...nothing missing...checked the luggage, etc.
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #68 on: August 01, 2014, 05:57:16 PM »

She didn't take anything.  They checked the house...nothing missing...checked the luggage, etc.

Thanks Grace

Janet

_____

grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #69 on: August 01, 2014, 06:07:23 PM »

Thanks Grace

You're welcome, Tamikosmom.  It reminds me of the Leanne B. case.  Hope this case has a happy ending.
grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #70 on: August 01, 2014, 06:12:00 PM »

August 1, 2014 Tweets
https://twitter.com/NinaMehlhaf

Retweeted by Nina Mehlhaf 
Kyle Iboshi @KyleIboshi     ·   17m   

Husband of missing Dundee woman says her purchase of trail mix/Gatorade/sleep aid not unusual. #findjenniferhuston

grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #71 on: August 01, 2014, 06:21:19 PM »

August 1, 2014 Tweets
https://twitter.com/KyleIboshi

Kyle Iboshi @KyleIboshi     ·   8m   
Plea from husband of missing mom,"Jennifer if you can see this or hear this, I love you." #findjenniferhuston

Kyle Iboshi @KyleIboshi     ·   22m   
Husband of missing Dundee woman says her purchase of trail mix/Gatorade/sleep aid not unusual. #findjenniferhuston

Kyle Iboshi @KyleIboshi     ·   21h   
Photo: Missing Dundee mom's SUV prior to disappearance (via Google maps) Oregon Plate: WXH 011 #findjenniferhuston

Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #72 on: August 01, 2014, 06:25:54 PM »

VIDEO: Jennifer Huston's husband discusses search 
Posted on August 1, 2014 at 3:26 PM

http://www.kgw.com/video?id=269610691&sec=547977&ref=rcvidmod

_____

Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #73 on: August 01, 2014, 06:32:16 PM »

The above link didn't work for me.

WATCH: Jennifer Huston's husband discusses search
Posted on August 1, 2014 at 3:26 PM
Updated today at 3:42 PM

http://www.kgw.com/video/featured-videos/VIDEO-Jennifer-Hustons-husband-discusses-search-269610691.html

_____

grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #74 on: August 01, 2014, 07:16:57 PM »

http://koin.com/2014/08/01/search-for-jennifer-huston-dundee-mother-august-1-2014/

Jennifer Huston husband: ‘If you can come home, do’
Published: August 1, 2014, 11:25 am | Updated: August 1, 2014, 3:29 pm   

DUNDEE, Ore. (KOIN 6) — Finding Jennifer Huston’s Lexus is the key to finding her, said her husband at a Friday afternoon press briefing.

Kallen Huston addressed members of the media hours after Yamhill County officials ended their search for the 38-year-old mother of two who vanished after getting gas at a Circle K in Newberg on July 24.

“It’s been eight days,” Kallen Huston said at the beginning of his brief remarks, “and we still have no clue” where she might be.

“We really need to find her car,” he said, adding there is a “soccer ball-sized U-shaped crack” in the window as an identifying mark on the 1999 Lexus SUV.

“Jennifer,” he said, making remarks directly to her, “if you could see this or hear this, I love you. You have a ton of support from the community. If you can come home, please do. The boys need you. I need you. I love you.

“We’ll never stop looking for you.”

Huston answered a few questions and said police searched all over Yamhill County but have no solid lead.

Going into the weekend, he suggested joggers and off-roaders keep their eyes open for anything unusual and call local police if anything is spotted.

Asked about the purchases she made at a Rite-Aid minutes before she was last seen, Huston said they seemed normal. She bought a Gatorade, he said, because it was a hot day. Trail mix was something they had in the house from time to time, and the sleeping aids was “probably because she’d had a headache for three days.”

Her cell phone was turned off, he said, but he keeps calling it hoping she — or someone — will answer.

“Anyone who knows Jennifer,” he said, knows her disappearance is “completely out of character for her. She loves me, She loves the boys.”

Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #75 on: August 01, 2014, 10:57:49 PM »

Jennifer Huston searches suspended; family urges public to watch for car
on August 01, 2014 at 5:54 PM, updated August 01, 2014 at 7:23 PM

<snipped>

Earlier Friday, Huston's husband, Kallen, made an emotional appeal, asking the public to keep an eye out for his wife's car, a dark green 1999 Lexus LX-479 SUV, Oregon license WXH-011.

"We need to find her car," he said. "That's the key."

<snipped>

http://www.oregonlive.com/pacific-northwest-news/index.ssf/2014/08/jennifer_huston_searches_suspe.html

_____

grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #76 on: August 02, 2014, 11:56:40 PM »

http://www.kptv.com/story/26182830/fox-12-confirms-possible-sighting-of-jennifer-huston-in-the-san-juan-islands

FOX 12 confirms possible sighting of Jennifer Huston in the San Juan Islands
Posted: Aug 02, 2014 9:49 PM CDT
Updated: Aug 02, 2014 10:06 PM CDT

FRIDAY HARBOR, WA (KPTV) -
FOX 12 can exclusively confirm that deputies are actively investigating a possible sighting of Jennifer Huston in the San Juan Islands.

According to deputies, a couple visiting Friday Harbor is convinced the missing mother boarded a ferry from Anacortes to the island. The couple described the make and model of her car, down to the cracked windshield, and say a woman fitting Huston's description was behind the wheel.

Now, San Juan County Sheriff deputies are rushing to get their hands on surveillance video from aboard that ferry.

"The information that we've received is that there was a female on the boat, on the 9 o'clock ferry sailing from Anacortes to Friday Harbor on Thursday morning July 31," said San Juan County Under sheriff Bruce Distler.

"The woman we talked to also identified a green car, possibly a 99 Lexus, with cracked windshield although she couldn't give us a license plate," said Distler.

Deputies say the couple who spotted the car also described a woman in her 30's with blonde hair who had a 2 by 3 inch white Band-Aid on her left cheek. The tip was so descriptive, they've alerted the Newberg police department.

Deputies say they have also called ferry security based out of Seattle to pull the tape from that morning so they can confirm if the woman is in fact Huston.

"It's not something that's just another tip, it's something that is serious enough that we're gonna take a look at it and make sure everything pans out," said Distler.

Deputies say the tip is prompting them to search for Huston on the island more urgently and are anxiously awaiting a look at that surveillance video.

Red
Administrator
Monkey Junky

« Reply #77 on: August 03, 2014, 10:08:23 AM »

UPDATE II: Police confirm possible sighting of missing Oregon mom in Washington state islands.

http://scaredmonkeys.com/2014/07/30/jennifer-huston-missing-since-72414-stopped-at-a-rite-aid-drug-store-and-purchased-gatorade-trail-mix-and-a-package-of-sleeping-pills-surveillance-video-image-missing-accident-abduction/

Authorities confirmed late Saturday that they are investigating a possible sighting of missing Oregon mother Jennifer Huston in Washington state’s San Juan Islands.

San Juan (Wash.) Country Sheriff’s deputies have told KPTV that a couple visiting the islands are convinced that they saw Huston on board a ferry traveling from the mainland town of Anacortes to Friday Harbor on San Juan Island on the morning of July 31, exactly a week after she was reported missing.

San Juan Country Undersheriff Bruce Distler told the station that the couple said the woman was blonde, in her 30s, and driving a green SUV with a cracked windshield, similar to descriptions put out by police. Distler said that the tip was so descriptive that it prompted deputies to alert the police department in Newberg, Ore., where Huston was last seen.

« Last Edit: August 03, 2014, 10:15:13 AM by Red » Logged
Red
Administrator
Monkey Junky

« Reply #78 on: August 03, 2014, 10:14:47 AM »

Deputies are actively investigating a possible sighting of Jennifer Huston in the San Juan Islands.

Ferry from Anacortes, WA to Friday Harbor on San Juan Island

Ferry Schedule - WSDOT:

http://www.wsdot.com/ferries/schedule/ScheduleDetail.aspx?departingterm=1&arrivingterm=10&roundtrip=true

Anacortes Terminal and Cameras
http://www.wsdot.wa.gov/ferries/vesselwatch/TerminalDetail.aspx?terminalid=1

Friday Harbor Terminal and Cameras
http://www.wsdot.wa.gov/ferries/vesselwatch/TerminalDetail.aspx?terminalid=10
grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #79 on: August 03, 2014, 01:24:57 PM »

Video at the link

Regarding the possible sighting, her father thinks that she would have been seen if she traveled that far.  He thinks that she is local--within 25 miles of Newberg.

http://www.katu.com/news/local/Jennifer-Huston-family-interview-husband-father-search-269736861.html?tab=video&c=y

Deputies in Wash. investigating new tip in search for Jennifer Huston
Published: Aug 3, 2014 at 8:57 AM PDT
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.