April 27, 2024, 09:46:30 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Jennifer Huston (38) Missing 7/24/14 Dundee Oregon  (Read 58339 times)
grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #80 on: August 03, 2014, 03:21:47 PM »

http://www.katu.com/news/local/Jennifer-Huston-family-interview-husband-father-search-269736861.html?mobile=y

Deputies in Wash. investigating new tip in search for Jennifer Huston
Aug 3, 2014

Meanwhile, Jennifer Huston's husband and father joined KATU News for an interview on Sunday morning to talk about the latest developments in the search.

"It's been an emotional time for the family. Lots of ups and downs," said Kallen Huston, Jennifer's husband. "These leads get us excited for a short bit, then reality sets back in and it's been difficult."

Kallen Huston said the family doesn't know yet if the new lead is credible.

"The islands are small and it should not take a long time to search," he said. "We've vacationed many times there in the past."

Huston's father, Bill Turner, says he believes Jennifer is still in Oregon.

"I believe she's within 25 miles of Newberg," Turner said.

"We are still searching the parks and places she could have gone within walking distance," he said.
grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #81 on: August 03, 2014, 03:25:31 PM »

https://www.facebook.com/FindJenniferHuston

Find Jennifer Huston
4 minutes ago

Call for help:
 Hey Marion County,
 From recent contacts we've discovered that there's many of you not yet aware of #FindJenniferHuston & you are not far away at all from us in Dundee/Newberg. We need to spread the word in your area as well as ask you to stay on the lookout for the:
 Dark Green, 1999, Lexus LX 470, Oregon plate WHX 011
 Thank you!

Find Jennifer Huston
about an hour ago

JUST A REMINDER OF THE IMPORTANCE TO CONTINUE SEARCHING LOCALLY! We are giving attention to tips, suspected sightings, etc., being reported from other areas, but we do not want to lose focus on local search areas! Please continue to help us by keeping your eyes open for any signs of Jennifer or her 1999 Lexus LX 470 Oregon Plate WXH 011! Your continued help is GREATLY APPRECIATED!
grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #82 on: August 03, 2014, 03:30:37 PM »

http://www.oregonlive.com/pacific-northwest-news/index.ssf/2014/08/jennifer_huston_search_san_jua.html

Jennifer Huston search: San Juan officials on lookout after couple spots blonde woman, green SUV on ferry
on August 03, 2014 at 12:11 PM, updated August 03, 2014 at 12:15 PM

A couple phoned in a tip Friday that they saw a blonde woman in her 30s and a dark green SUV with a cracked windshield aboard the 9 a.m. ferry from Anacortes to Friday Harbor on San Juan Island on Thursday, Distler said.

His department took the report seriously and has asked officials with the Washington State Ferries to review all video footage from that ferry captured between 8:30 a.m. and 10:15 a.m. Thursday.

But, he said, no one else, including tourists, locals, ferry workers or deputy sheriffs posted on several islands in the San Juans chain, has corroborated seeing a woman resembling Huston or the dark SUV with a broken windshield that the couple reported. And that lack of confirmation has come during a time when the ferry sighting was highly publicized to ferry workers, sheriff's deputies and the public on the islands, Distler said.

Anyone wanting to get to or from San Juan, Lopez, Orcas or Shaw Island must line up in a long line of vehicles out in the open air to drive aboard a ferry.

Officials with the ferry system have not yet told the sheriff's office if they have reviewed the video footage or what it showed, Distler said.

grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #83 on: August 03, 2014, 09:53:37 PM »

Video at the link

http://q13fox.com/2014/08/03/police-confirm-possible-sighting-of-missing-oregon-mom-in-san-juan-islands/

Police confirm possible sighting of missing Oregon mom in San Juan Islands
Posted 2:03 PM, August 3, 2014

Distler said that the tip was so descriptive that it prompted deputies to alert the police department in Newberg, Oregon, where Huston was last seen.

“If that was her on the ferry, she could be on Orcas Island right now, she could be on Lopez, she could be on Shaw, she could be anywhere using the ferry systems,” Distler told the station.

“Hard to say; there’s been so many potential sightings of Jennifer,” Jennifer’s husband Kallen Huston said on “Fox and Friends” about the possibility of the sighting being legitimate.  “Of course, I get excited each and every time.”

“We need a place we can zero in on to search,” he told FOX.

Huston said he began to break the news to his older son that his mother is not really on vacation.

grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #84 on: August 03, 2014, 10:01:56 PM »

http://www.kptv.com/story/26185807/family-of-huston-on-tip-shes-in-the-san-juan-islands-i-hope-that-its-her-and-i-hope-they-find-her

Family of Jennifer Huston on San Juan Islands tip: 'I hope that it's her'
Posted: Aug 03, 2014 6:17 PM CDT
Updated: Aug 03, 2014 8:15 PM CDT

FRIDAY HARBOR, WA (KPTV) -
The family of missing mom Jennifer Huston tells FOX 12 that the tip about her being in the San Juan Islands is the first tip out of hundreds that places a woman fitting Huston's description behind the wheel of a car that matches her vehicle description.

"I hope that it's her and I hope they find her, like right now," husband Kallen Huston said. "I hope it's her, but I also don't want people to stop the search locally in Yamhill County just in case. But, we've got two people that reportedly recognize the car and her, and I've gotta say, that's a first."

"Every other tip we've gotten through Facebook, Twitter and beyond says, ‘Hey, I saw her, but she's got a haircut,' or ‘Hey, I saw her but she has tattoos now.' To have one where they identify her and the car, that's one of note."

Deputies said they have called ferry security based out of Seattle to pull the tape from that morning so they can confirm if the woman is in fact Huston.

"It's not something that's just another tip, it's something that is serious enough that we're gonna take a look at it and make sure everything pans out," said San Juan County Undersheriff Bruce Distler.

A representative from WSDOT ferries tells FOX 12 they cannot disclose how long it will take to review the tape on board the ferry of interest, because of aspects of homeland security.

They did confirm they've sent out an alert with Huston's information to virtually every employee throughout the whole ferry system.
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

RIP Grumpy Cat :( I will miss you.

« Reply #85 on: August 04, 2014, 02:18:28 AM »

thanks grace 

Brothers and Sisters, I bid you beware/Of giving your heart to a dog to tear  -- Rudyard Kipling

One who doesn't trust is never deceived...

'I remained too much inside my head and ended up losing my mind' -Edgar Allen Poe
Green Eyes
Monkey Mega Star

Happy Spring

« Reply #86 on: August 04, 2014, 12:03:57 PM »

Okay Jennifer disappeared Monday evening. Nothing on her until the couple said they thought they saw her at the Ferry crossing on Friday. That's 4 days. Her family says nothing is missing from her home. Only a small amount of cash was taken out of the bank.

It's about 281 miles from Dundee to Anacortes that's about 4 hour drive and one could get there on a tank of gas. That is taking the 5 up to 536 cut over to 20 into Anacortes.  Which all are main highways. There is another way the 5 to a small cut over to 405 to the 525 to Mukilto where there is another ferry Mukilto/Clinton  where you can get the 20 again into Anacortes.  Close to the same mileage as the other. But not a major road like the 5.

So where was she from Monday evening until Friday. What is she using for money for those four days. While I hope and pray is is found safe. It doesn't make sense that she would just pop up after 4 days.

I keep thinking that they should start looking at all the water ways around the area. That she went off the road into one of them. Just thinking a loud.

GOD BLESS AMERICA
redquartz
Scared Monkey

« Reply #87 on: August 04, 2014, 02:27:43 PM »

I agree with you.  I think she is still in the area! I also agree that she might have gone off the road somewhere. I think maybe her father knows more than we are reading in the newspapers/on TV.
Green Eyes
Monkey Mega Star

Happy Spring

« Reply #88 on: August 04, 2014, 02:53:20 PM »

I agree with you.  I think she is still in the area! I also agree that she might have gone off the road somewhere. I think maybe her father knows more than we are reading in the newspapers/on TV.

Since her dad is retired detective I wouldn't be surprised. Just recently here in Texas they found the skeleton reminds of a couple young girls who had gone missing back in the 70's. When the lake they crashed into became so low due to the drought here. Couple years ago when the producer guy went missing in California two years later they found him & his car in the aqueduct system.  I think they really need to look around on roads around there.

GOD BLESS AMERICA
grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #89 on: August 04, 2014, 09:10:05 PM »

thanks grace 

You're welcome, Nut44x4!  Still hoping for positive news.
grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #90 on: August 04, 2014, 09:14:01 PM »

http://koin.com/2014/08/04/no-sign-of-jennifer-huston-on-san-juan-islands/

No sign of Jennifer Huston on San Juan Islands
Published: August 4, 2014, 5:50 pm

SAN JUAN COUNTY, Wash. (KOIN 6) — Following a tip missing Dundee mother Jennifer Huston was spotted on a ferry in Washington state, officials said Monday they cannot confirm that sighting.

In a press release late Monday afternoon, the San Juan County Sheriff’s Office said the Washington State Ferry “has received no information confirming the presence of Jennifer Huston in the San Juan Islands.”

The sheriff said the office would continue to be on the lookout for the missing woman given her “love for the islands.”

The official search for Huston ended Saturday.
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #91 on: August 05, 2014, 10:31:58 AM »

Jennifer Huston Missing Since 7/24/14: Stopped at a Rite Aid Drug Store and Purchased Gatorade, Trail Mix and a Package of Sleeping Pills … Surveillance Video Image … Missing: Accident, Abduction, Suicide?

http://scaredmonkeys.com/2014/07/30/jennifer-huston-missing-since-72414-stopped-at-a-rite-aid-drug-store-and-purchased-gatorade-trail-mix-and-a-package-of-sleeping-pills-surveillance-video-image-missing-accident-abduction/

Ut-oh, Sleeping pills, full tank of gas and cell phone turned off …

Authorities in Oregon have released a surveillance video image of missing Jennifer Huston from the day that she went missing on July 24, 2014. The image is of Huston stopped at a Rite Aid drug store in Newberg, OR, and purchasing Gatorade, trail mix and a package of over-the-counter sleeping pills.

These are not good signs. The police have stated that the amount of sleeping pills she purchased would not be enough for a lethal dose. Also, the full tank of gas purchased by Jennifer Huston’s provides her with a 300 to 350 mile traveling range.Not to speculate, but I think the police may be looking at this in the wrong way. Sadly, sleeping pills, a full tank of gas and some one turning their cell phone off as all of the unfortunate signs of one attempting to contemplate suicide. The sleeping pills are not intended to be lethal, they are meant to make one drowsy as they run a car with a full tank of gas as carbon monoxide fumes enter the vehicle. The cell phone is turned off so not to be pinged and located. As per KPTV, according to phone records, Jennifer Huston received a text message from her mother at 6:22 p.m. Thursday, but the phone stopped sending signals at 6:25 p.m.

I hope I am very wrong and she is found safe and sound.

Red ... my thought process exactly.  Akin to you ... I hope I am wrong.

Janet

Jennifer's husband reported that his wife was "stressed" and needed to "clear her head" when she left the home.  Within an hour ... Jennifer's cell phone was shut off after withdrawing a small amount of cash from an ATM ... purchasing an energy drink/trail mix/sleeping pills and ... topping up her gas tank.  It is reported that she could have driven  up to 350 miles.

Also ... it has been reported that there has been no transaction on any of her accounts since the gas purchase.

Although the sighting has not been officially confirmed ... could it be a reflection of the truth nevertheless?  Could it be that Jennifer's vehicle will be located in San Juan Islands?

Janet

+++++

Wash. ferry tip hasn't led to missing Oregon woman
August 4, 2014

FRIDAY HARBOR, Wash. (AP) — The San Juan County, Washington, sheriff's office says it is working with the local community and the Washington State Ferries system but so far has been unable to confirm a report that a missing Dundee, Oregon, woman might be in the San Juan Islands of northwest Washington.

KPTV reports that the sheriff's office said Monday it has received "no information confirming the presence of Jennifer Huston in the San Juan Islands." Island authorities say they will remain alert for any information on the woman.

Investigators were checking out a report that the missing woman was spotted late last week on the ferry out of Anacortes to Friday Harbor in the San Juans.

A couple who notified deputies told KPTV that they saw a woman matching Huston's description driving a car that matched Huston's car.

The 38-year-old woman was last seen July 24 running errands. A search was conducted in Oregon.

Huston's family says she spent time in the San Juans in the past.

<snipped>

http://www.houstonchronicle.com/news/us/article/Missing-Oregon-woman-reported-on-Washington-ferry-5666797.php

Loving Natalee - Beth Holloway
Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #92 on: August 05, 2014, 10:34:02 AM »

Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #93 on: August 05, 2014, 11:01:17 AM »

UPDATE II: Police confirm possible sighting of missing Oregon mom in Washington state islands.

http://scaredmonkeys.com/2014/07/30/jennifer-huston-missing-since-72414-stopped-at-a-rite-aid-drug-store-and-purchased-gatorade-trail-mix-and-a-package-of-sleeping-pills-surveillance-video-image-missing-accident-abduction/

Authorities confirmed late Saturday that they are investigating a possible sighting of missing Oregon mother Jennifer Huston in Washington state’s San Juan Islands.

San Juan (Wash.) Country Sheriff’s deputies have told KPTV that a couple visiting the islands are convinced that they saw Huston on board a ferry traveling from the mainland town of Anacortes to Friday Harbor on San Juan Island on the morning of July 31, exactly a week after she was reported missing.

San Juan Country Undersheriff Bruce Distler told the station that the couple said the woman was blonde, in her 30s, and driving a green SUV with a cracked windshield, similar to descriptions put out by police. Distler said that the tip was so descriptive that it prompted deputies to alert the police department in Newberg, Ore., where Huston was last seen.

BUMPED

_____

Sister
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #94 on: August 05, 2014, 02:18:45 PM »

thanks grace 

You're welcome, Nut44x4!  Still hoping for positive news.

yes thank you grace-land!

New Monkey
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #95 on: August 05, 2014, 05:06:55 PM »

The SUV of missing Dundee mom Jennifer Huston has been found on a remote dirt road near Sheridan in Yamhill County.

Police have not yet confirmed any details regarding Huston's SUV or her whereabouts. They did announce that they would be holding a 4 p.m. press conference, which will be streamed live on kgw.com.

http://www.kgw.com/news/Jennifer-Huston-green-suv-270043711.html
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #96 on: August 05, 2014, 05:37:34 PM »

The SUV of missing Dundee mom Jennifer Huston has been found on a remote dirt road near Sheridan in Yamhill County.

Police have not yet confirmed any details regarding Huston's SUV or her whereabouts. They did announce that they would be holding a 4 p.m. press conference, which will be streamed live on kgw.com.

http://www.kgw.com/news/Jennifer-Huston-green-suv-270043711.html

Thanks New Monkey.  It is now 2:55 PM PDT.

Janet

_____

klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #97 on: August 05, 2014, 05:39:10 PM »

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2014/08/05/missing-oregon-mom-found-dead-in-rural-area/

Missing Oregon mom found dead in rural area

Published August 05, 2014

Missing Oregon mother Jennifer Huston was found dead Tuesday in a remote area, authorities said.

The Newberg-Dundee Police Department said in a statement that Huston's body was found a short distance from her vehicle in Sheridan, Oregon. Her SUV was found by the property's owners.

Police said there was no evidence of foul play at this point and there is no danger to the public. Huston's family has been notified.

Sounds like suicide
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #98 on: August 05, 2014, 05:41:34 PM »

http://www.katu.com/news/local/Jennifer-Hustons-body-found-in-Sheridan-near-Deer-Creek-Park-270032881.html

Jennifer Huston's body found in Sheridan near Deer Creek Park
By KATU.com Staff Published: Aug 5, 2014 at 2:18 PM PDT Last Updated: Aug 5, 2014 at 2:54 PM PDT

SHERIDAN, Ore. – Jennifer Huston’s body was found in Sheridan near Deer Creek Park late Tuesday morning, police confirmed.

Huston, a 38-year-old stay-at-home mom from Dundee, had been missing since July 25.

Her disappearance had triggered a massive multi-state search for her and her green Lexus SUV.

The SUV was hidden in some bushes.

When police arrived, they found her SUV but not her body. After Newberg police detectives swept the area, they found her body nearby.

Police said there is nothing to indicate foul play, and they don't believe the public is in any danger.
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #99 on: August 05, 2014, 05:42:51 PM »

Body Of Missing Oregon Woman Found
August 5, 2014 2:50 PM

PORTLAND, Ore. (AP) — Police have found the body of missing Oregon woman Jennifer Huston and say there is no evidence of foul play.
Capt. Jeff Kosmicki of the Newberg-Dundee police says investigators were notified Tuesday that Huston’s SUV was found on a country road near Sheridan, about 25 miles southwest of Huston’s home in Dundee.

Huston’s body was found a short distance from the vehicle.

The 38-year-old mother of two disappeared July 24. She was last seen that day withdrawing a small amount of money from an ATM, fueling her SUV and buying Gatorade, trail mix and what police described as a non-lethal amount of sleeping pills.

<snipped>

http://seattle.cbslocal.com/2014/08/05/body-of-missing-oregon-woman-found/

_____

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.