May 01, 2024, 12:54:50 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: 6 Year Old Jenise Paulette Wright Missing in Bremerton, WA  (Read 35545 times)
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #100 on: August 13, 2014, 03:45:45 PM »

August 13, 2014 at 10:31 AM
Father of Jenise Wright says he’s ‘already forgiven’ the suspect

BREMERTON, Wash. — The father of a slain 6-year-old Washington girl says he forgives the 17-year-old neighbor suspected of killing her, and he is leaning on his religion following her death.

Gabriel Gaeta “chose wrong,” but “I’ve already forgiven him,” James Wright told the Kitsap Sun. Gaeta is jailed on investigation of first-degree murder and rape in the case involving Jenise Wright.

<snipped>

James Wright told the Kitsap Sun that Gaeta was “part of the family” and among the many friends and neighbors welcomed into their lively home in the Steele Creek Mobile Home in East Bremerton.

“How can I be in (God’s) grace if I don’t forgive?” said Wright, a member of the Church of Jesus Christ Latter Day Saints.

<snipped>

http://blogs.seattletimes.com/today/2014/08/father-of-jenise-wright-says-hes-already-forgiven-the-suspect/

Loving Natalee - Beth Holloway
Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #101 on: August 13, 2014, 04:09:34 PM »

August 13, 2014 at 10:31 AM
Father of Jenise Wright says he’s ‘already forgiven’ the suspect

BREMERTON, Wash. — The father of a slain 6-year-old Washington girl says he forgives the 17-year-old neighbor suspected of killing her, and he is leaning on his religion following her death.

Gabriel Gaeta “chose wrong,” but “I’ve already forgiven him,” James Wright told the Kitsap Sun. Gaeta is jailed on investigation of first-degree murder and rape in the case involving Jenise Wright.

<snipped>

James Wright told the Kitsap Sun that Gaeta was “part of the family” and among the many friends and neighbors welcomed into their lively home in the Steele Creek Mobile Home in East Bremerton.

“How can I be in (God’s) grace if I don’t forgive?” said Wright, a member of the Church of Jesus Christ Latter Day Saints.

<snipped>

http://blogs.seattletimes.com/today/2014/08/father-of-jenise-wright-says-hes-already-forgiven-the-suspect/

In his statement to the Kitsap Sun ... Jim Wright took no responsibility in setting the stage for the h--- his precious daughter went through in the final moments of his life.  Could it that Wright's affording of forgiveness to Gabriel Gaeta less than two week following her horrific murder was somewhat self-serving?

Janet

++++

REMINDER

Father of missing Washington girl, Jenise Wright, had previous molestation charge
August 06, 2014 at 2:36 PM

SEATTLE — The father of a 6-year-old Washington state girl who went missing over the weekend was charged more than a decade ago with molesting two girls, ages 8 and 15, according to court records.

<snipped>

According to court records, the girl's father was charged with first-degree child molestation in February 2000 for molesting an 8-year-old girl following a New Year's Eve celebration. The girl told a detective and case worker that he inappropriately touched her, according to court documents.

More than a year later, in June 2001, the charges were amended to include third-degree child molestation after a 15-year-old girl who was babysitting the girl during New Year's Eve 2000 said that Wright touched her breasts and put his hands down her pants, according to court documents.

A judge in Whatcom County Superior Court sentenced Wright to a year in jail but suspended the entire jail time provided he followed certain conditions, including paying fees.

http://www.oregonlive.com/pacific-northwest-news/index.ssf/2014/08/missing_girls_dad_had_previous.html

Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
cadillac
Monkey Junky

« Reply #102 on: August 13, 2014, 05:38:10 PM »

Forgive me, but how do you find forgiveness so soon here?

Maybe it's just me.
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #103 on: August 13, 2014, 08:03:03 PM »

Forgive me, but how do you find forgiveness so soon here?

Maybe it's just me.

cadillac

The comments at various publication sites imply that there are others who cannot comprehend.

Immediately following Gabriel's arrest ... Jim Wright was reported forgiving the one who raped, tortured, strangled, murdered and buried his little girl in three feet of mud.

Janet

+++++

Father of Jenise Wright asks forgiveness for accused killer
Sunday, Aug. 10, 2014

BREMERTON, Wash. — It has been more than 24 hours since Karen Gullickson and her neighbors learned who investigators think raped and killed 6-year-old Jenise Wright.

<snipped>

Neighbors at the Steele Creek Mobile Home Park watched Saturday night as investigators removed three vehicles from the home where they say the suspect lived.  The authorities have not released his name but neighbors have been talking about him, by name, all over social media, some with great bitterness. 

But at the Brownsville Ward of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints in Poulsbo where he is a member, Jenise's father spoke to the congregation, saying he can forgive the teenager.

http://www.kirotv.com/news/news/teen-suspect-jenise-wrights-death-due-court-monday/ngyzf/

_____

Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #104 on: August 14, 2014, 12:10:54 PM »

In my world ... forgiveness and repentance are a pack deal.  The line was drawn in the sand over 2000 years ago.  If I am wronged ... forgiveness is a given IF I am afforded a genuine apology.  If not ... as the saying goes ... "I let go and let God".  It doesn't imply there is no sting.

Could it be that Gabriel did reach out to the parents of Jenise?

1 John 1:9 - IF we confess our sins, he is faithful and just and will forgive us our sins and purify us from all unrighteousness.

_____

Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #105 on: August 14, 2014, 07:22:54 PM »

Car belonging to suspect's friends set on fire
Aug 14, 2014

EAST BREMERTON — Bremerton police say a car fire early Thursday may have been related to the homicide of 6-year-old Jenise Wright.

A Subaru Legacy was set on fire around 1 a.m. in a driveway near the corner of Sylvan Way and Pine Road, according to Bremerton Police Detective Sgt. Kevin Crane. Another car in the same driveway was vandalized using ink, Crane added.

No one was injured. But the victims of the fire are close friends of the family of Gabriel Z. Gaeta, the suspect in the death of Wright at the Steele Creek Mobile Home Park in East Bremerton. Authorities are concerned the fire may be some kind of retaliation.

Detectives will investigate the case in conjunction with the Bremerton Fire Department. Accelerants appear to have been used in the fire.

<snipped>

http://www.kitsapsun.com/news/local-news/police-bremerton-car-fire-may-be-related-to-jenise-wright-killing_58259078

_____

Sister
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #106 on: August 15, 2014, 09:20:22 PM »

In my world . . .

Someone has said that "Justice is getting what we deserve, mercy is not getting what we deserve, and grace is getting what we don't deserve." This is a story of wonderful grace. The greatest short story ever written.

grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #107 on: August 17, 2014, 01:09:36 AM »

Rest in Peace, Jenise.  an angelic monkey

http://seattletimes.com/html/localnews/2024328353_wrightmemorialxml.html

Originally published August 16, 2014 at 8:06 PM | Page modified August 16, 2014 at 9:03 PM
Jenise Wright: Mourners recall bubbly 6-year-old

MARCUS YAM / The Seattle Times
Denise Wright, left, leans on her mother, Josephine Almojera, for support as she takes a moment to compose herself during Saturday’s memorial service for Wright’s daughter, 6-year-old Jenise. Jenise, described as a social butterfly, was found slain Aug. 7 near her home

BREMERTON — A lot of people who had never met Jenise Wright came to her memorial service Saturday.

Yes, her whole family was there — her parents, all her siblings, her aunts and grandparents, most dressed in Jenise’s favorite color, purple.

Her mother, Denise Wright, told stories about Jenise sneaking out of the house with six Popsicles to share with friends and boxes of cereal for impromptu picnics. Her three older sisters talked about how “sassy, outgoing” and fun Jenise was and how much they were going to miss her.

“I love you, baby sister,” said Coralise Almojera, 23. “I’m so sad you didn’t get to have a full life and do everything you wanted.”

And yes, there were teachers, and school-bus drivers, and neighbors and friends who had known the bubbly little 6-year-old who loved to sing and play and visit and chat.

Her bus driver for last school year, Courtney Lacock, said the descriptions of Jenise as a social butterfly were not exaggerated.

“She was totally bubbly and outgoing. A sweetheart,” Lacock said. “She wanted to talk to everybody, and I’d have to tell her to stay in her seat.”

grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #108 on: August 17, 2014, 01:23:54 AM »

an angelic monkey
https://www.facebook.com/FindJeniseWright

Find Jenise Wright shared Flo Bennett's photo.
5 hours ago
This was shared at her service. Beautiful.

Cause I am in the Arms of Jesus
 and He Sings Me Lullabies.
 author unknown

Daddy, please don't look so sad, Mama please don't cry
 Cause I am in the arms of Jesus and he sings me lullabies.
 Please try not to question God, don't think he is unkind,
 Don't think He sent me to you, and then he change his mind.
 You see I am a special child, and I'm needed up above,
 I'm the special gift you gave him. The product of your love.
 I'll always be there with you so watch the sky at night,
 Find the brightest star that's gleaming, it's my brilliant light.
 You'll see me in the morning frost that mists your window pane,
 That's me in the summer showers, I'll be dancing in the rain.
 When you feel a little breeze from a gentle wind that blows,
 That's me, I'll be there planting a kiss on your nose.
 When you see a child playing and your heart feels a little tug,
 That's me, I'll be there giving your heart a hug.
 So Daddy please don't look so sad, Mama don't you cry.
 I'm in the arms of Jesus and He sings me lullabies.

grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #109 on: August 18, 2014, 04:57:52 PM »

http://www.king5.com/news/local/Jenise-Wright-parents-custody-hearing-271693691.html

Jenise Wright's parents in custody hearing Monday
Posted on August 18, 2014 at 9:02 AM
Updated today at 9:02 AM

PORT ORCHARD, Wash. – A hearing is scheduled Monday afternoon as the parents of Jenise Wright fight to keep custody of two of their other children.

Because the family has tribal ties, the Nooksack Tribe is offering aid during the court proceedings. The tribe released this statement.

"Our hearts are heavy and our tribal community is saddened at the loss of our beloved tribal member, Jenise Wright and our condolences go out to the family. The Nooksack Tribal Council, the Nooksack Law Enforcement, the Nooksack Tribal Family Services and Social Services Departments are doing all they can to provide support and resources to the family of Jenise."

Both the tribe and the Wrights have expressed the importance of grieving Jenise's death together as a family.
grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #110 on: August 18, 2014, 10:16:39 PM »

http://www.kirotv.com/news/news/murdered-girls-parents-want-other-children-back-st/ng43c/

Posted: 12:56 p.m. Monday, Aug. 18, 2014
Murdered girl's parents appear in court for custody

PORT ORCHARD, Wash. —
The parents of 6-year old murder victim Jenise Wright did not pursue immediate custody of her three siblings at a court hearing on Monday.

At the request of Kitsap County deputies, Child Protective Services placed the children, ages 8, 12 and 16, in protective custody on the day news broke of Jenise's disappearance.

At the time, deputies did not disclose the reason for their request, and the matter was not addressed in Monday's hearing.

The children are staying with their grandparents and are said to be OK.

Attorneys for James and Denise Wright indicated an agreement is in the works, and might be ready by the next court hearing, Sept. 4, 30 days after the children were removed.

A trial could be held in October to determine if the children should be returned to their parents.

grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #111 on: August 18, 2014, 10:26:45 PM »

Video at the link

http://q13fox.com/2014/08/18/jenise-wrights-parents-still-dont-know-when-they-will-regain-custody-of-their-kids/

Jenise Wright’s parents still don’t know when they will regain custody of their kids
Posted 5:55 PM, August 18, 2014

PORT ORCHARD — Despite an official hearing on the issue Monday, the parents of slain 6-year-old Jenise Wright still don’t know when they will regain custody of their other three children who were removed by Child Protective Services.

At a hearing Monday afternoon, Jim and Denise Wright, of East Bremerton, learned their kids will remain with their grandparents until further notice.

“We’ve been controlled about what we can say and what we can’t say.  There is still an ongoing investigation so I can’t speak about it,” said Jim Wright.

Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #112 on: August 20, 2014, 10:00:56 AM »

REMINDER

Father of missing Washington girl, Jenise Wright, had previous molestation charge
August 06, 2014 at 2:36 PM

SEATTLE — The father of a 6-year-old Washington state girl who went missing over the weekend was charged more than a decade ago with molesting two girls, ages 8 and 15, according to court records.

<snipped>

According to court records, the girl's father was charged with first-degree child molestation in February 2000 for molesting an 8-year-old girl following a New Year's Eve celebration. The girl told a detective and case worker that he inappropriately touched her, according to court documents.

More than a year later, in June 2001, the charges were amended to include third-degree child molestation after a 15-year-old girl who was babysitting the girl during New Year's Eve 2000 said that Wright touched her breasts and put his hands down her pants, according to court documents.

A judge in Whatcom County Superior Court sentenced Wright to a year in jail but suspended the entire jail time provided he followed certain conditions, including paying fees.

http://www.oregonlive.com/pacific-northwest-news/index.ssf/2014/08/missing_girls_dad_had_previous.html

Could it be the 2000/2001 charges (see above) and the apprehension of the three children who were removed recently removed from the home have a connection?  Why are Denise and Jim Wright required to "fight" to regain custody?

Janet

+++++

Custody battle for Jenise Wright's siblings may take months
August 18, 2014

It could be October before Jim and Denise Wright can fight to get their children back.

The Wrights’ six-year-old daughter Jenise was raped and killed earlier this month.

When she was reported missing, the state’s Child Protective Services took custody of Wright’s three siblings living in the family’s Bremerton home.

Juvenile custody matters are confidential and it is not publicly known why the children were taken.

<snipped>

On Monday in Kitsap County’s Family Court, they had a chance to argue to get the children back, but instead they opted for setting a future trial date.

Outside the courthouse, Jim Wright would not say why the family chose that route.

<snipped>

http://www.krem.com/news/northwest-news/271777071.html

_____

Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #113 on: August 20, 2014, 10:09:20 AM »

Parents of slain girl continue fight to regain custody of other kids
Aug 18, 2014

The parents of 6-year-old murder victim Jenise Wright have asked for a full trial in their battle to regain custody of their other children.

James and Denise Wright appeared at a hearing this afternoon in Kitsap County Family Court with their lawyers, including an attorney from the Nooksack Tribe.

Denise is a member of the tribe, and has asked Nooksack officials to help represent her family.

State officials took the couple's 12-year-old daughter and two sons, ages 8 and 16, into protective custody a day after police started searching for Jenise.

Officials will not say why. Jenise's father says he cannot talk about the reasons yet.

<snipped>

http://www.komonews.com/news/local/Parents-of-slain-girl-continue-fight-to-regain-custody-of-other-kids-271753271.html

_____

Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #114 on: August 20, 2014, 12:21:03 PM »

Could it be that the apprehension of the children has nothing to do with Jim's 2000/2001 child molestation charges or ... could it be the apprehension was two fold?

Could it be that a required "fight" to regain custody is all about LE perception that Denise and Jim Wright do not possess the ability to make common sense parental choices in regards to the safety of their children.

Think about it.  The Wrights were unconcerned regarding the whereabouts of their six year old daughter for 24 hours.  Court document states that the apprehension which occurred prior to the discovery of Jenise' remains was based on the children's "protection".

Janet

+++++

Seeking tips on missing girl, police say: Don’t judge parents
August 7, 2014

As another day of searching failed to turn up any sign of 6-year-old Jenise Wright, authorities Wednesday urged the public to suspend passing judgment on the missing girl’s family and focus on her safe return.

“We would ask people to set aside issues about criminal history and parenting choices right now,” Kitsap County sheriff’s spokesman Scott Wilson said. “Let’s find Jenise first and sort the rest later.”

Wilson sought to tamp down growing criticism of Jenise’s parents, who allowed the little girl to wander freely in the family’s East Bremerton-area mobile-home park, and concern that her father’s criminal record may have some bearing on the girl’s disappearance.

<snipped>

Susan Murphy, who works at a Burger King near the girl’s home, said Wednesday FBI agents had recently been in the restaurant. ...

Murphy said she lives nearby and has a daughter just a few years older than Jenise. On Monday night she talked to her daughter about Jenise and explained that her disappearance is why she won’t let her daughter ride her bike alone.

“People say don’t judge, but I am judging,” she said. “It’s unfathomable to me that you can go 24 hours without knowing where your child is. It’s pretty bizarre and crazy — and scary.”

http://seattletimes.com/html/localnews/2024257444_bremertongirlxml.html

_____

grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #115 on: August 28, 2014, 07:53:09 PM »

http://www.bremertonpatriot.com/news/273093071.html

Jenise's accused killer makes brief court appearance
Today at 2:16PM

Gabe Gaeta, the 17-year-old accused of raping and killing East Bremerton resident Jenise Wright, 6, made a brief appearance in Kitsap County Superior Court this afternoon.

Prosecutors say that Gaeta is set for a Wednesday, Sept. 3, competency evaluation at Western State Hospital. Gaeta will be back in court Sept. 12 for another status hearing and potential arraignment.

The status hearing lasted just a few minutes today after Gaeta — in an orange jumpsuit, shackles and a black shirt draped over his head and face — was ushered in by sheriff's office deputies. Prior to Gaeta's first court appearance on August 11, a judge ordered that no photographs be taken of Gaeta's face inside the courtroom, hence the black shirt, which was removed once he sat at the defense table inside court room 271 today.

Gaeta did not speak at today's court appearance. He is being held on $1 million bail and potentially faces life in prison if convicted of first degree murder with aggravating circumstances.

Kitsap County Prosecutor Russ Hauge has said the death penalty is off the table in this case due to Gaeta's age. The aggravating circumstances in the case, meanwhile, involve Jenise's young age and particular vulnerability.

grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #116 on: September 04, 2014, 03:43:33 PM »

Rest in Peace, Jenise an angelic monkey

http://www.bremertonpatriot.com/news/273337011.html

Jenise Wright finally laid to rest
Aug 30, 2014 at 5:21PM

BELLINGHAM, Wash. — Jenise Wright was laid to rest by family and friends today at Greenacres Memorial Park in Ferndale.

The morning started with a  Catholic Funeral Mass at the Nooksack Tribe Community Building in Everson.

Jenise's white casket was draped in a purple Native American blanket. The casket was opened for viewing during a Rosary Service Friday night, but there was no viewing this morning.

The Reverend Father Emilio Gonzalez of St. Peter Catholic Church officiated the ceremonies. During Mass, there were readings from the the Book of Wisdom and the Letter of St. Paul to the Romans.

Father Gonzalez also read from the Holy Gospel According to Matthew and Jesus' Sermon on the Mount. The familiar Beatitudes say:

Once at the cemetery, Father Gonzalez said he would be brief as Jenise had waited long enough. The assembled crowd spoke together the Lord's Prayer and the Hail Mary. Father Gonzalez eventually sprinkled the casket with Holy Water and whispered a final blessing to Jenise.

As Jenise's body was lowered into its final resting place, Jenise's mother, Denise, sobbed and moaned. The assembled crowd soon followed suit and collectively wept. Jenise's father, James, clutched his young son and tried to comfort him.

Once the casket was in place, family members and friends tossed handfuls of dirt and flowers into the grave before returning to the tribal community building for a lunch of alder smoked salmon, pancit noodles, chicken adobo and more.

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #117 on: September 04, 2014, 04:01:42 PM »

My condolences to Jenise's family and friends.  Rest in peace Jenise.   an angelic monkey

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
cookie
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #118 on: September 08, 2014, 11:58:46 AM »

I hope they don't get the other children back without hours and hours of parenting classes. And then I would think twice about it.

grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #119 on: September 12, 2014, 08:43:44 PM »

I hope they don't get the other children back without hours and hours of parenting classes. And then I would think twice about it.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.