April 20, 2024, 12:45:19 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Robin Williams - dead at age 63, suspected suicide  (Read 4515 times)
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« on: August 11, 2014, 08:52:40 PM »

R.I.P. Mork

labubske
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2014, 10:21:46 PM »

This is why I work in the mental health and addictions field. This stuff is real. No amount of money keeps you from depression and addiction. I'm so so sad about Robin Williams. Maybe on some level it is scary to think that one of the funniest men on earth could suffer from something so sad and could take his life. Rest.

"It is easy to dodge our responsibilities, but we cannot dodge the consequences of dodging our responsibilities." Sir Josiah Stamp

“I don't have anything to gain. It's not going to save my daughter's life. But it could save your daughter's life.”  ~Mark Lunsford
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

RIP Grumpy Cat :( I will miss you.

« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2014, 03:14:26 AM »

OMG OMG WTF?   I loved Mork too.  an angelic monkey

Brothers and Sisters, I bid you beware/Of giving your heart to a dog to tear  -- Rudyard Kipling

One who doesn't trust is never deceived...

'I remained too much inside my head and ended up losing my mind' -Edgar Allen Poe
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #3 on: August 12, 2014, 03:15:25 AM »

This is why I work in the mental health and addictions field. This stuff is real. No amount of money keeps you from depression and addiction. I'm so so sad about Robin Williams. Maybe on some level it is scary to think that one of the funniest men on earth could suffer from something so sad and could take his life. Rest.

True  an angelic monkey

Brothers and Sisters, I bid you beware/Of giving your heart to a dog to tear  -- Rudyard Kipling

'I remained too much inside my head and ended up losing my mind' -Edgar Allen Poe
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #4 on: August 12, 2014, 03:20:27 AM »

Goodbye my friend

RIP

Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #5 on: August 12, 2014, 03:25:37 AM »

http://movies.msn.com/movies/article.aspx?news=881799

Robin Williams, Oscar-Winning Actor, Dead at 63

Aug. 11, 2014, 7:30 PM EST

Legendary actor and comedian Robin Williams died on Monday, a suspected suicide. He was 63.

The Marin County coroner said in a statement that the death was suspected "to be a suicide due to asphyxia."

"Robin Williams passed away this morning. He has been battling severe depression of late," said the comedian's spokeswoman Mara Buxbaum. "This is a tragic and sudden loss. The family respectfully asks for their privacy as they grieve during this very difficult time."

His wife, Susan Schneider, added: "This morning, I lost my husband and my best friend, while the world lost one of its most beloved artists and beautiful human beings. I am utterly heartbroken. On behalf of Robin's family, we are asking for privacy during our time of profound grief. As he is remembered, it is our hope the focus will not be on Robin's death, but on the countless moments of joy and laughter he gave to millions."

An investigation into the cause, manner, and circumstances of the death is currently underway by the Investigations and Coroner Divisions of the Sheriff's Office. Preliminary information developed during the investigation indicates Mr. Williams was last seen alive at his residence, where he resides with his wife, at approximately 10:00 pm on August 10, 2014. Mr. Williams was located this morning shortly before the 9-1-1 call was placed to Marin County Communications. At this time, the Sheriff's Office Coroner Division suspects the death to be a suicide due to asphyxia, but a comprehensive investigation must be completed before a final determination is made. A forensic examination is currently scheduled for August 12, 2014 with subsequent toxicology testing to be conducted.

MORE @ LINK
« Last Edit: August 12, 2014, 03:27:46 AM by Nut44x4 » Logged

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #6 on: August 12, 2014, 08:15:17 AM »

Robin Williams was only 63 years at the time of his passing.  He gave and shared so much of himself and I thank him for all the wonderful times I've watched him perform on television and his movies.  May he rest in peace.  My condolences to his family.   an angelic monkey

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #7 on: August 13, 2014, 01:25:16 AM »

There are details being released in regard to Robin Williams death that just didn't need to be publicized imo.  Very sad for his family.

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
seahorse
Monkey All Star

Brandi's Avatars

« Reply #8 on: August 13, 2014, 02:36:48 PM »

http://www.findagrave.com/cgi-bin/fg.cgi?page=gr&GRid=134211597

I will miss Mrs.Doubtfire Sad

Wynton Marsalis~
"Let us Give, Forgive, and Be Thankful"

Zayra is remembered
cadillac
Monkey Junky

« Reply #9 on: August 13, 2014, 05:41:24 PM »

There are details being released in regard to Robin Williams death that just didn't need to be publicized imo.  Very sad for his family.

I thought the same, Muffy bee.
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #10 on: August 14, 2014, 10:16:30 AM »

http://www.foxnews.com/entertainment/2014/08/14/sheriff-officials-defend-decision-to-release-details-robin-williams-death/
Sheriff's officials defend decision to release details of Robin Williams' death
August 14, 2014

Sheriff's officials in the San Francisco Bay Area defended their decision to release details about how actor Robin Williams killed himself, saying state law requires they be disclosed to the public.

Marin County Sheriff's Lt. Keith Boyd said in an email Wednesday that the agency would have liked to withhold some of the information, but could not under the California Public Records Act.

"These kinds of cases, whether they garner national attention or not, are very difficult for everyone involved," Boyd said. "Frankly, it would have been our personal preference to withhold a lot of what we disclosed to the press [on Tuesday], but the California Public Records Act does not give us that kind of latitude."

Some people criticized the level of detail, and experts in suicide prevention said the information could influence those considering suicide to try the same thing.

"Having that amount of detail is not helpful" said Lyn Morris, vice president of clinical operations at Didi Hirsch Mental Health Services, which runs the main suicide prevention hotline in Southern California. "The contagion effect is real, and it's worrisome."

Boyd said the sheriff's office is discussing with the county's attorney possible exemptions to the public record's act that would allow it to withhold the 911 call it received from Williams' home and fire dispatch tapes. But Boyd said the agency would likely have to release them within 10 days, as required by law.

Free speech groups defended the disclosures as appropriate and said the law enforcement agency was responding to a crush of a requests for information required to be disclosed.

"Coroners are not required to provide details by press conference," said Terry Francke, head of open government group Californians Aware. But he said the Marin County Sheriff's Department chose to disseminate as much information as quickly possible at one time rather than leak piecemeal. Some three dozen television cameras and twice as many reporters from around the globe crowded the news conference outside the sheriff's offices Tuesday morning.

"While the impact of the details on some people's mourning of Mr. Williams' passing may have been jarring, keeping what was known under wraps would have added needless speculation if not suspicion to the general shock," Francke said.

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #11 on: August 15, 2014, 09:39:11 AM »

http://www.wfaa.com/news/entertainment/271329131.html
Emmy Awards plan Robin Williams tribute
April 15, 2014

LOS ANGELES (AP) — The producer of this month's Emmy Awards says Robin Williams will receive a "meaningful" remembrance during the ceremony.
Producer Don Mischer says plans for the ceremony's traditional "in memoriam" sequence are under discussion. He said in a statement Thursday that Emmy organizers are still coming to terms with Williams' death, but they intend to give him the tribute he deserves.

The Emmy Awards will be broadcast Aug. 25 on NBC.

Sister
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #12 on: August 15, 2014, 09:50:30 AM »

http://www.foxnews.com/entertainment/2014/08/14/sheriff-officials-defend-decision-to-release-details-robin-williams-death/
Sheriff's officials defend decision to release details of Robin Williams' death
August 14, 2014

Sheriff's officials in the San Francisco Bay Area defended their decision to release details about how actor Robin Williams killed himself, saying state law requires they be disclosed to the public.

Marin County Sheriff's Lt. Keith Boyd said in an email Wednesday that the agency would have liked to withhold some of the information, but could not under the California Public Records Act.

"These kinds of cases, whether they garner national attention or not, are very difficult for everyone involved," Boyd said. "Frankly, it would have been our personal preference to withhold a lot of what we disclosed to the press [on Tuesday], but the California Public Records Act does not give us that kind of latitude."

Some people criticized the level of detail, and experts in suicide prevention said the information could influence those considering suicide to try the same thing.

"Having that amount of detail is not helpful" said Lyn Morris, vice president of clinical operations at Didi Hirsch Mental Health Services, which runs the main suicide prevention hotline in Southern California. "The contagion effect is real, and it's worrisome."]

Boyd said the sheriff's office is discussing with the county's attorney possible exemptions to the public record's act that would allow it to withhold the 911 call it received from Williams' home and fire dispatch tapes. But Boyd said the agency would likely have to release them within 10 days, as required by law.

Free speech groups defended the disclosures as appropriate and said the law enforcement agency was responding to a crush of a requests for information required to be disclosed.

"Coroners are not required to provide details by press conference," said Terry Francke, head of open government group Californians Aware. But he said the Marin County Sheriff's Department chose to disseminate as much information as quickly possible at one time rather than leak piecemeal. Some three dozen television cameras and twice as many reporters from around the globe crowded the news conference outside the sheriff's offices Tuesday morning.

"While the impact of the details on some people's mourning of Mr. Williams' passing may have been jarring, keeping what was known under wraps would have added needless speculation if not suspicion to the general shock," Francke said.

BBM

I assuredly do not think it is any of my business or my "right" to know.  IMO this is not what freedom of information is all about.

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #13 on: August 15, 2014, 10:01:35 AM »

I wholeheartedly agree with you Sister. 

Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.