August 26, 2019, 04:35:15 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION
 
   Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: RBN # 16 - 6/21 thru 6/22  (Read 319187 times)
0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
inquisitive
Scared Monkey
*
Offline Offline

Posts: 10


« Reply #1220 on: June 22, 2005, 01:12:34 AM »

I just hope that NH's family is helped by their new Aruban lawyer.  It seems to me that the hardest part of this case (for those following it) is reconciling the fact that Aruban law is different than that of the US.  On one hand if they are truly denying the mother info about her daughtor I think that is deplorable, on the other just b/c their way of invesitgating is not the same as americans that does not mean we have the right not to respect it.
Are their any other cases of misssing children in Aruba whose parents delt with these same problems, there has to be some way NH's family can know the facts w/o risking the case.
Logged
Itawamba
Scared Monkey
*
Offline Offline

Posts: 0


« Reply #1221 on: June 22, 2005, 01:13:49 AM »

Quote from: "tuberide"
anybody else remember the Tatoo's mooring/docking location?  I believe it was very close there at the HI and still find the S Croes arrest/connection interesting


As I understand it and have it sketched on a map (self-made), the Tattoo docked somewhere close to the Marriott that was closest to the Holiday Inn of the 3 Marriotts on the Island.

Also, that beachfront where the dock is would be the Fishermen's Huts beach.  That is the most recent alleged drop-off point or "left her sleeping on the beach" point reportedly stated by some one of the three, JvdS or the K's.
Logged
chelsblu
Scared Monkey
*
Offline Offline

Posts: 112


« Reply #1222 on: June 22, 2005, 01:14:07 AM »

Compananzi : On the show, Greta did say that PVDS was in Aruba on night in question. He picked up Joran at McDonalds at 11:30 and was not aware that Joran snuck out later that night. He also could not remember if he woke up Joran for school next morning. Mother said she was in Holland on night in question.
Maybe PVDS was in Holland after the night in question?
Logged
writenow
Monkey Junky Jr.
**
Offline Offline

Posts: 502


« Reply #1223 on: June 22, 2005, 01:14:26 AM »

Quote from: "writergal"
15 or 20 years ago, the U.S. MSM would defintely not pay for an interview. But, since they've found themselves more and more competing with "magazine" type shows--as well as actual magazines--I think they do pay on occasion now, for the really big ones. It's just something they don't talk about much.  As we speak (more or less), The Runaway Bride's parent are "negotiating" with ABC.

Quote from: "writenow"
Maybe they're negotiating for a interview but I guarantee you it's not for pay. Either that or they're negotiating with ABC for a made-for-TV MOVIE (which is not considered the news department). In that case, they'd be paid. But ABC NEWS will not pay for an INTERVIEW. (I think I just heard Peter Jennings and Diane Sawyer hit the floor when you even implied they would.)


Quote from: "writergal"
Runaway has already been paid for her tv and theatrical rights. She can't sell them to anyone. Nor can her parents. When she received her advance, it was for not just the book but for the rights to her story for theatrical (meaning tv and movie) purposes. Anyway, no one's saying that Peter and Diane are paying for interviews. What we are saying is that the magazine shows produced by the nets do pay.


Neither NBC Dateline, ABC 20/20 & Primetime nor CBS 60 minutes pay for interviews either. (and now Mike Wallace and Stone Phillips just hit the floor at your implication they did). They are all part of the news division and network news divisions of the big three don't pay for interviews for ethical reasons.

Were you not paying attention when CBS 60 minutes 2 breeched ethics with their one report? Can you say buh bye to something like four producers and anchor dude Dan the man? That's what happens when you violate ethical standards in legitimate news departments. As the Donald would say, "YOU'RE FIRED!"
Logged
absolut
Monkey Junky
***
Offline Offline

Posts: 1210



« Reply #1224 on: June 22, 2005, 01:14:58 AM »

I need 1 sanity check.

The 1800 number is 1-800-Natalee right? I read 877 on the comments on the front page and now I am confused because I saw the flyers it was 1800

Please confirm.
Logged
Compananzi
Scared Monkey
*
Offline Offline

Posts: 356


« Reply #1225 on: June 22, 2005, 01:15:09 AM »

Quote from: "dragonfly"
Compananzi, if it was PVDS in Holland, then how would he be the one to pick up Joran and MCD's at 11 on the 29th and be the one to have woken Joran for school on the 30th?  This is all based on AVDS being out of town.


I read that he came back on the 29th, around 5pmish with his younger son as well.
Logged
Getagrip
Scared Monkey
*
Offline Offline

Posts: 52



WWW
« Reply #1226 on: June 22, 2005, 01:15:24 AM »

Wow, guys...about that email, I think mbhs05 is correct, but I would say take it with a bushel of salt, rather than just a grain.

Perhaps WW believes it to be true, not denying that, but the origins of this email are highly suspect.

Posting a pasted copy of the header wouldn't prove much, that can be fabricated by a tech savvy person. I forget who it was that said that it would have to be checked against the actual hard drive.

Anyway, I hope it's not taking as bashing, because it isn't. There just isn't any information there that could be verifiable by any one of us, and not even our friends in Aruba. It's basically what we know, weaved around a story.

What we have to remember here, is that this is not the Scared Monkeys blog per se - this is the message board of its blog, created for our endless thirst for news. We are not the bloggers, Tom and Red are. If Tom and Red are all over the 'email' in the next few days and publish it as credible, then I'll eat my words and issue an apology for being so skeptical.

I trust that they'll do some verification before vouching for it. Until they do, I don't believe the claim that these are Deepak's words.

Are we so starved for information that we'll accept anything without questioning it?

<edited for typo>
Logged

-------->  Aruba = Opposite World  <--------
WonderWoman
Scared Monkey
*
Offline Offline

Posts: 318



« Reply #1227 on: June 22, 2005, 01:16:35 AM »

Quote from: "Vole"
It was Anita who was in Holland the night Natalee went missing. Paul was at home, he picked Joran up at McDonalds at 11.

Anita also told Beth that Joran told her that he left Natalee asleep on the Beach. And she said she believes him, so if that is the case then the e mail that is going around from Depak is bogus.



the story would be bogus, not the e-mail, I did say he might have been trying out his story on my friend....who knows....
Logged
Whitney
Scared Monkey
*
Offline Offline

Posts: 370



« Reply #1228 on: June 22, 2005, 01:16:48 AM »

Quote from: "luna"
Quote from: "Mom in Ark"
What has happened this evening?


Okay, Mom....I'll try to summarize quickly:

1) WonderWoman posted several e-mails (that was forwarded to her from a friend) from Deepak to a friend in the US.  They were very detailed and specific about what happened the night Natalee disappeared, even including details of how Nat met Joran.....saying she went up to him in the casino and introduced herself, asked him to help her win back money, then she bought him a drink and invited him to CnCs.  He called Deepak, and the three guys met up about midnight and went to CnCs about 12:30 am.

NOTE:  To me and others the e-mail seems suspiciously filled with unnecessary details that seem to corroborate his initial story to police....including them dropping her at the HI...

2)  Almost simultaneously, Greta interviewed two of Nat's friends who were in Aruba.....and they say virtually the same thing about how Nat met Joran.  That he sat down at the blackjack table and was approached by Nat....they even say he wasn't flirting with anyone, but she introduced herself.

IMHO, reading between the lines, it seems they knew that Nat wanted to spend time with him after Cncs closed and are covering for her.  Whether that means Nat wanted to "hook up" with him or not is open to speculation....I remember when I was that age....I would want to do some serious kissing, but not necessarily planning to "hook up."  I suspect that's what she was doing....but I thinkt he GFs were protecting her reputation.  Also, Nat and Joran apparently chatted about their plans and she undoubtedly knew he would be coming to Florida for college soon, and probably was infatuated with him....my take anyway.

3)  Greta showed Nat's mom approaching the VDS house and pop coming out and inviting them in with no cameras.  Talk lasted 90 minutes.  Key points:

Anita VDS believes son is innocent and he told her he left Nat on the beach.

Pop told Joran to stop talking to people, police got it on a phone tap, so that's why he can't talk to Joran.

Pop was wringing his hands, Mom was crying.  She gave Nat's mom a kiss on the cheek when leaving.
___________
That's as much of a nutshell as I can make!


I took one evening away, got on and tried to catch up...noted the "conflict" on this board...AND then THIS...anyone have the original email?  Or...I don't want to think about any implications beyond....in the Pacific time zone so it is so wierd coming back from dinner and hearing this...

Thank you to my friends, here.[/b]
Logged
CancunMole
Scared Monkey
*
Offline Offline

Posts: 0


« Reply #1229 on: June 22, 2005, 01:16:51 AM »

Quote from: "tuberide"
Quote from: "tuberide"
i believe that i remember reading that the Tattoo's mooring is very close to the HI - anyone else??

possibly JVDS and the Kalpoe brothers attempted to have their friend, SteveCroes, verify their story because they knew he would been in the position to make this statement (and he was a friend)....and now we need to realize that, whether or not S Croes possibly lied for them, the "deepak letter" may not be a lie!   (of course, this is assuming Wonder Woman is not full of sh!t)

should all of this be true, coupled with the report in the Arubaam newspaper that stated that Mickey John and the other security guard were seen on the video from late that night walking in front of the hotel - (DESPITE the fact that they were no longer employed next door at the Allegro as securtiy guards) -- then i am again wondering about the truth in  Mickey Jhns seemingly scripted version of what he 'overheard' with a conversation across several jail cells ------ i would like to know the details of their alibis again for that entire night/morning ----- and even if their alibis add up, it is still possible that other individual/s could have been nearby



also like to add that IF all of the above is true,,,that i believe it is still possible/probable that she was drugged with GHB, X, roofies or whatever by someone at C & C....



anybody else remember the Tatoo's mooring/docking location?  I believe it was very close there at the HI and still find the S Croes arrest/connection interesting


By the Aruba Gran.
Logged
chelsblu
Scared Monkey
*
Offline Offline

Posts: 112


« Reply #1230 on: June 22, 2005, 01:18:25 AM »

Quote from: "Compananzi"
Quote from: "dragonfly"
Compananzi, if it was PVDS in Holland, then how would he be the one to pick up Joran and MCD's at 11 on the 29th and be the one to have woken Joran for school on the 30th?  This is all based on AVDS being out of town.


I read that he came back on the 29th, around 5pmish with his younger son as well.


Okay that would fit. I'd be for killing me one kid though if I had to go pick him up at McDonalds after a long flight.
Logged
Compananzi
Scared Monkey
*
Offline Offline

Posts: 356


« Reply #1231 on: June 22, 2005, 01:19:01 AM »

Quote from: "nancy_drew"
Quote from: "Compananzi"
Quote from: "coco"
nutshell recap - Greta showed footage of BTH going up to VDS house and callling over fence, PVDS came over, took a card from her and invited them in but no cameras, AVDS, PVDS, BTH and Greta talked for 90 mins.

BTH was strong and asked them to get Joran to tell where NH is.
AVDS was away in Holland that night.
Joran snuck out after returning home at 11 (PVDS picked him up at Mcdonalds at 11).

AVDS is allowed to see Joran but not to talk about the case.
PVDS is not allowed to see him after polis picked up him advising Joran not to talk about the case on a wiretap.

AVDS kissed BTH on cheek when they were leaving.

(my take is that the VDS's looked sincere and devastated as did BTH - PVDS was softspoken and civil.)

In other news, Wonder Woman posted several emails which claim to be from Deepak to a friend of his in the states and there's considerable disagreement as to their authenticity.

Also on Greta, the Diario editor is now out to convict Joran - and there's lots of doubt about the editor's background and credibility.

I think those are the highlights.


It was Paul who was in Holland, he is studying for his judgeship, and yes Greta must has gotten confused and said that Anita was in Holland...the second time when holland was mentioned.  Jossy Mansur owns Diario...and well I find it strange that is pointing fingers to JVDS.  I think in Aruba, there is a Nat overload already, and Jossy for reasons that he may not want more investigative powers to be to dwell in the Mansur family business is eager to make it all end.  However that is one story that will not surface.


Wait...I was certain they said it was Anita...because Paul was home alone the night Joran snuck out to meet Natalee.


uggh.. now you are making me doubt, but seriously, I previous post had mentioned it was Paul that came from Holland, in the early evening like 5pm or 6pm, way before all the fun started.
Logged
Itawamba
Scared Monkey
*
Offline Offline

Posts: 0


« Reply #1232 on: June 22, 2005, 01:19:04 AM »

Quote from: "mbhs05"
Well I'm a girl...but yeah she's my neighbor down the street. I don't know the answer to that-I wasn't on the trip.


OK, sorry.  There must have been one more MB'er here when Hyphen (a more important Dash) was posting more, because it was a guy and I thought it was you.  My bad.  Thanks for the reply.
Logged
CancunMole
Scared Monkey
*
Offline Offline

Posts: 0


« Reply #1233 on: June 22, 2005, 01:19:34 AM »

Quote from: "Compananzi"
Quote from: "coco"
nutshell recap - Greta showed footage of BTH going up to VDS house and callling over fence, PVDS came over, took a card from her and invited them in but no cameras, AVDS, PVDS, BTH and Greta talked for 90 mins.

BTH was strong and asked them to get Joran to tell where NH is.
AVDS was away in Holland that night.
Joran snuck out after returning home at 11 (PVDS picked him up at Mcdonalds at 11).

AVDS is allowed to see Joran but not to talk about the case.
PVDS is not allowed to see him after polis picked up him advising Joran not to talk about the case on a wiretap.

AVDS kissed BTH on cheek when they were leaving.

(my take is that the VDS's looked sincere and devastated as did BTH - PVDS was softspoken and civil.)

In other news, Wonder Woman posted several emails which claim to be from Deepak to a friend of his in the states and there's considerable disagreement as to their authenticity.

Also on Greta, the Diario editor is now out to convict Joran - and there's lots of doubt about the editor's background and credibility.

I think those are the highlights.


It was Paul who was in Holland, he is studying for his judgeship, and yes Greta must has gotten confused and said that Anita was in Holland...the second time when holland was mentioned.  Jossy Mansur owns Diario...and well I find it strange that is pointing fingers to JVDS.  I think in Aruba, there is a Nat overload already, and Jossy for reasons that he may not want more investigative powers to be to dwell in the Mansur family business is eager to make it all end.  However that is one story that will not surface.


No, the mother, Anita was in Holland. Greta said it tonight. There had been speculation that the father had been, then there was speculation that both the father & Joran went        7 returned.
Logged
tuberide
Scared Monkey
*
Offline Offline

Posts: 182



« Reply #1234 on: June 22, 2005, 01:20:08 AM »

Quote from: "writenow"
Quote from: "writergal"
Quote from: "writenow"
Quote from: "writergal"
writergal--

15 or 20 years ago, the U.S. MSM would defintely not pay for an interview. But, since they've found themselves more and more competing with "magazine" type shows--as well as actual magazines--I think they do pay on occasion now, for the really big ones. It's just something they don't talk about much.


 As we speak (more or less), The Runaway Bride's parent are "negotiating" with ABC.


Maybe they're negotiating for a interview but I guarantee you it's not for pay.
Either that or they're negotiating with ABC for a made-for-TV MOVIE (which is not considered the news department). In that case, they'd be paid. But ABC NEWS will not pay for an INTERVIEW. (I think I just heard Peter Jennings and Diane Sawyer hit the floor when you even implied they would.)



   Runaway has already been paid for her tv and theatrical rights. She can't sell them to anyone. Nor can her parents. When she received her advance, it was for not just the book but for the rights to her story for theatrical (meaning tv and movie) purposes.
   Anyway, no one's saying that Peter and Diane are paying for interviews. What we are saying is that the magazine shows produced by the nets do pay.


Neither NBC Dateline, ABC 20/20 & Primetime nor CBS 60 minutes pay for interviews either. (and now Mike Wallace and Stone Phillips just hit the floor at your implication they did). They are all part of the news division and network news divisions of the big three don't pay for interviews for ethical reasons.

Were you not paying attention when CBS 60 minutes 2 breeched ethics with their one report? Can you say buh bye to something like four producers and anchor dude Dan the man? That's what happens when you violate ethical standards in legitimate news departments. As the Donald would say, "YOU'RE FIRED!"[/quote]

trust me Dateline and others ,at times, def. pay......you think that was the first time 60 minutes paid or the first time it was called to attention???

also, i work in the industry
Logged

think positive
luna
Scared Monkey
*
Offline Offline

Posts: 124


« Reply #1235 on: June 22, 2005, 01:20:59 AM »

I must say that for the first time tonight I wondered:

What. If. Beth. Holloway's. Instincts. Are. Wrong?

I think it was because for the first time we learned that Nat initiated the introduction, so now we know that Joran was NOT stalking the students looking for easy "prey."  He was in a Texas Hold "Em tournament...and actually seems to take poker pretty seriously....  The e-mail, altho it may have been planned to corroborate his alibie, did shed some light into their habits....which seemed rather innocuous.

Also, the VDS family's demeanor was much different than the Twitty's had portrayed it.  And, someone (God only knows who), posted more detail of the confrontation that first night and it seems Jug mad some very pointed slurs about the boys, and Pop VDS stepped in to protect them.  That all makes more sense now....I would probably have responded as the Pop did as well.

I have thought for a long time that something went wrong....could be that Nat died of alcohol poisoning....we've all seen those reports of kids partying on their 21st birthday and dying.

Also, everyone's been wondering why the boys don't "crack"....maybe they don't know what happened?

Just another point of view.
Logged
absolut
Monkey Junky
***
Offline Offline

Posts: 1210



« Reply #1236 on: June 22, 2005, 01:21:11 AM »

Quote from: "chelsblu"
Quote from: "Compananzi"
Quote from: "dragonfly"
Compananzi, if it was PVDS in Holland, then how would he be the one to pick up Joran and MCD's at 11 on the 29th and be the one to have woken Joran for school on the 30th?  This is all based on AVDS being out of town.


I read that he came back on the 29th, around 5pmish with his younger son as well.


Okay that would fit. I'd be for killing me one kid though if I had to go pick him up at McDonalds after a long flight.


if you got back at 5 and your kid was in the casino with the cell off and you finally got ahold of him at say 1030 and said stay there I am coming to get you cause Joran couldn't say drive himself home with no car. Also at that point Mom is in holland. Joran I believe just spent several days alone.
Logged
CancunMole
Scared Monkey
*
Offline Offline

Posts: 0


« Reply #1237 on: June 22, 2005, 01:23:56 AM »

Quote from: "igsigs"
i missed part of greta and have a question.

did beth ask joren's mom/dad why joren has changed his alibi? i realize that she would probably not get an answer but their reaction would sure be interesting. joren's credibility, imo, would ride on his answer to this question. beth must have asked?       thanks


If BHT did, it wasn't shared by Greta on this evening's show.
Logged
Y'alls Psychic Detective
Scared Monkey
*
Offline Offline

Posts: 391



« Reply #1238 on: June 22, 2005, 01:24:24 AM »

Quote from: "Whitney"
I took one evening away, got on and tried to catch up...noted the "conflict" on this board...AND then THIS...anyone have the original email?  Or...I don't want to think about any implications beyond....in the Pacific time zone so it is so wierd coming back from dinner and hearing this...[/b]

Thank you to my friends, here.[/b]


Here's the (possible) email in question: http://tinyurl.com/dqx94
Logged
absolut
Monkey Junky
***
Offline Offline

Posts: 1210



« Reply #1239 on: June 22, 2005, 01:24:26 AM »

Quote from: "luna"
I must say that for the first time tonight I wondered:

What. If. Beth. Holloway's. Instincts. Are. Wrong?

I think it was because for the first time we learned that Nat initiated the introduction, so now we know that Joran was stalking the students looking for easy "prey."  He was in a Texas Hold "Em tournament...and actually seems to take poker pretty seriously....  The e-mail, altho it may have been planned to corroborate his alibie, did shed some light into their habits....which seemed rather innocuous.

Also, the VDS family's demeanor was much different than the Twitty's had portrayed it.  And, someone (God only knows who), posted more detail of the confrontation that first night and it seems Jug mad some very pointed slurs about the boys, and Pop VDS stepped in to protect them.  That all makes more sense now....I would probably have responded as the Pop did as well.

I have thought for a long time that something went wrong....could be that Nat died of alcohol poisoning....we've all seen those reports of kids partying on their 21st birthday and dying.

Also, everyone's been wondering why the boys don't "crack"....maybe they don't know what happened?

Just another point of view.


Beth's instincts are these are last people that were with/talked to my daughter her instincts are nothing past that, in my belief. My instincts would be the same.
Logged
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 »   Go Up
  Print  
 
Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.
Powered by SMF 1.1.13 | SMF © 2006-2011, Simple Machines LLC
 
Page created in 3.063 seconds with 20 queries.