April 27, 2024, 12:48:58 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Nailla Robinson 5 abducted from W. Phila PA school 1/14/13 SAFE  (Read 8041 times)
DayOldDonuts
Scared Monkey

« on: January 15, 2013, 12:35:33 AM »

The Pennsylvania State Police has issued an Amber Child Abduction Alert for the Philadelphia Police Department, Philadelphia County.

On Jan. 14,  at approximately 8:50 a.m., Nailla Robinson, age 5,  40 inches tall, 35 pounds, medium skin tone, brown eyes and black curly hair, was abducted from the Bryant School located at 6001 Cedar Avenue in Philadelphia. She was abducted by a female wearing black Muslim-style clothing. The abductor's direction of travel and method of transportation are unknown.

Anyone with information is asked to contact the police by dialing 911.

http://mainlinemedianews.com/articles/2013/01/14/main_line_times/news/doc50f4bb194e60c065545458.txt
DayOldDonuts
Scared Monkey

« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2013, 12:38:04 AM »

WEST PHILADELPHIA - January 14, 2013 (WPVI) -- An Amber Alert has been issued for a missing girl who police say was abducted from her West Philadelphia elementary school and the incident was caught on tape.

Video here:

http://abclocal.go.com/wpvi/story?section=news/local&id=8954549
BabsKats
Monkey Junky

« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2013, 12:47:21 AM »

http://www.nbcphiladelphia.com/news/breaking/5-Year-Old-Girl-Abducted-From-West-Philly-School-Cops-186865992.html

By David Chang and Dan Stamm |  Monday, Jan 14, 2013  |  Updated 11:41 PM EST

An Amber Alert was issued Monday night about 12 hours after Philadelphia Police say a kindergartner went missing after being abducted from her Cobbs Creek school.

Police say Nailla Robinson, 5, went missing around 8:50 a.m. from the Cullen Bryant Elementary School on 60th and Cedar Avenue.

"Where is she, where could she be?" begged the girl's tearful mother Latifah Abdur-Rashid.
 ::snipping2::

Nailla stands about 40 inches tall and weight around 35 pounds. She has a medium skin tone, brown eyes and black curly hair, according to investigators.

the family just moved to the area so Nailla doesn't know he address of phone number, her mother said.

Her family told NBC10's Denise Nakano that a woman, believed to be about 8-months pregnant, was spotted on surveillance video telling school officials her name was "Tiffany," and that she needed to take her daughter to breakfast. The woman then allegedly signed Nailla out of the office and took her away.

Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

RIP Grumpy Cat :( I will miss you.

« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2013, 06:08:44 AM »

Missing girl abducted from school has been found

Updated at 05:53 AM today

WEST PHILADELPHIA - January 15, 2013 (WPVI) -- Police say 5-year-old Nailla Robinson has been found safe in Upper Darby. Superintendent Michael Chitwood told Action News a man was walking near 69th Street when he heard cries for help. He found the girl hiding under a jungle gym in a nearby park.

Supt. Chitwood says the young girl was wearing a t-shirt without a coat.

She was taken to Children's Hospital of Pennsylvania to be checked for hyperthermia.
 ::snipping2:: ::snipping2::

Brothers and Sisters, I bid you beware/Of giving your heart to a dog to tear  -- Rudyard Kipling

One who doesn't trust is never deceived...

'I remained too much inside my head and ended up losing my mind' -Edgar Allen Poe
Green Eyes
Monkey Mega Star

Happy Spring

« Reply #4 on: January 15, 2013, 07:33:59 AM »

Missing girl abducted from school has been found

Updated at 05:53 AM today

WEST PHILADELPHIA - January 15, 2013 (WPVI) -- Police say 5-year-old Nailla Robinson has been found safe in Upper Darby. Superintendent Michael Chitwood told Action News a man was walking near 69th Street when he heard cries for help. He found the girl hiding under a jungle gym in a nearby park.

Supt. Chitwood says the young girl was wearing a t-shirt without a coat.

She was taken to Children's Hospital of Pennsylvania to be checked for hyperthermia.
 ::snipping2:: ::snipping2::

Thank God she was found safe.

GOD BLESS AMERICA
labubske
Monkey Junky

« Reply #5 on: January 15, 2013, 09:39:23 AM »

Well that's odd. I'm so glad she is safe.

"It is easy to dodge our responsibilities, but we cannot dodge the consequences of dodging our responsibilities." Sir Josiah Stamp

“I don't have anything to gain. It's not going to save my daughter's life. But it could save your daughter's life.”  ~Mark Lunsford
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #6 on: January 15, 2013, 11:14:17 AM »

The school failed big time!!!  What is the use of putting safety procedures in place when the protocol is not followed?!!!!  (My bolded blue)

http://www.philly.com/philly/news/20130115_Missing_girl__5__abducted_from_school_found_in_park.html
Abducted girl, 5, found overnight in playground was ‘targeted’
January 15, 2013

A 5-year-old girl abducted from a West Philadelphia elementary Monday was found early this morning barely dressed and crying in an Upper Darby playground, say police.

Upper Darby Police Superintendent Michael Chitwood said that Nailla Robinson, taken by an unidentified woman in a black burqa from the Bryant Elementary School just across the border in Philadelphia, was found about 4:40 a.m. today.

Authorities say they believe the child was targeted, but did know the woman who abducted her.

Chitwood said a man walking toward 69th Street Terminal for work in Norristown heard a cry from a nearby ballfield and adjoining playground at 69th St. and Patterson Ave. - a short distance from where Nailla abducted.

"As he starts to walk to where the screams are, a little girls runs out," Chitwood said. "She said, 'I ran away, I ran away from the people who took me.'"

The girl was near a jungle gym playset and wearing only a black tank-top. Chitwood said he did not know how long Nailla had been outside. It was about 37 degrees and damp from heavy rain overnight at the time Nailla was found.

The man, whom police are calling a Good Samaritan, called the girl over. She told him she was cold and had to go to the bathroom.

Police sources said that after Nailla was abducted from the school, the woman took her to a residence where a man was also present.

Nailla's clothes were removed. She was blindfolded and hidden under a bed.

It's unclear how the girl managed to get free. Earlier accounts suggest she fled.

But police sources said it appears her abductors might have dropped her off at the playground. She was then told to call someone for help. The girl told the Good Samaritan that she had been stolen, said Capt. John Darby of the Philadelphia Police Special Victims Unit.

Regardless, after she was rescued, Nailla was taken to Children's Hospital in Philadelphia for evaluation of exposure to the cold. Darby said she showed "no overt signs" of injury but was being examined for physical and sexual assault.

Detectives did not immediately interview the girl, Chitwood said. Rather, their goal was to get her checked out.

"Right now the child is safe," Chitwood said.

Nailla was taken by an unknown woman who called herself 'Tiffany.' The woman signed Nailla out of the school around 8:50 a.m. at Bryant Elementary School, 60th Street and Cedar Avenue.

Police said the woman told someone at the school that she was supposed to pick up Nailla. She then signed the school log, but with the presumably false name. The woman went to Nailla's classroom and asked for the child by name, Darby said.

"She indicated that she was the child's mother" and was taking the girl to breakfast, he said.

School district officials said the incident violated school procedure because any adult taking a child from class must show ID and be on a list as a verified parent or guardian.

But school officials didn't discover until 3 p.m. that the wrong person had picked the girl.

Darby, the commanding officer of the special victims unit, said that the woman who took Nailla from the school was a stranger to the child, and that neither parent had given permission for the child to removed from class.

Darby said there is an "intensive effort" to find the woman in the burqa.

"The child was actually targeted," Darby said, "this was not a random act."

The woman knew which classroom to go to, and knew Nailla's name, he said. She left the school on foot with the girl on tow, and no car was used.

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #7 on: January 15, 2013, 11:17:14 AM »

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-504083_162-57564005-504083/nailla-robinson-philadelphia-girl-taken-from-school-found-outside-city/
Nailla Robinson, Philadelphia girl taken from school, found outside city
January 15, 2013

Police said Nailla Robinson was taken Monday morning from the Bryant School. Authorities released surveillance video showing a woman wearing a full-length, black Muslim garment, her face covered by a black veil, taking the girl out of the school. Lt. John Walker told the Philadelphia Daily News the woman introduced herself as "Tiffany," but her signature in the school visitor log was illegible.

Nailla's mother had appeared on local media Monday night, tearfully pleading for her safe return, and explaining how she also wears the traditional chador and niqab.

School district officials said that allowing the girl to leave school with an unknown adult was a "serious break in procedure." District spokesman Fernando Gallard said the woman didn't wait at the school's front office as is district policy but went to her classroom and told a teacher that the child had already been "checked out" of school.

Police discovered that the girl was missing later that afternoon, when a caretaker from the child's after-school program came to pick her up.

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #8 on: January 15, 2013, 11:21:23 AM »

http://mainlinemedianews.com/articles/2013/01/15/region/doc50f54a93927cc646197803.txt
Missing Philadelphia girl, 5, found safe at 69th Street playground
January 15, 2013

Police tell NBC10 that she told them she was taken from school the day before and that she was cold and scared.

The little girl is at the Children's Hospital of Philadelphia for evaluation.

The Philadelphia School District released a statement saying that the school didn't realize the girl was missing until the girl's mother, Latifah Abdur-Rashid, came to pick her up.

Nailla's family told NBC10 that surveillance video shows that a woman who appeared to be pregnant, wearing Muslim garb and going by the name "Tiffany" told school officials that she needed to take her daughter to breakfast. Then "Tiffany" signed Nailla out of school and walked away with her, according to the family.

Nailla's family told NBC10 that surveillance video shows that a woman who appeared to be pregnant, wearing Muslim garb and going by the name "Tiffany" told school officials that she needed to take her daughter to breakfast. Then "Tiffany" signed Nailla out of school and walked away with her, according to the family.

"In the surveillance camera that the school has that I watched, she's dressed in traditional over-garment and Niqab," said Abdur-Rashid. "She has her face covered and only her eyes showing. She's wearing gloves. She's wearing all black. She has something white on her arm and she has a long black umbrella. The surveillance camera shows them walking through the hallway to get to the door. The next camera picks up and she's putting her umbrella up. Then they disappear."

cookie
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #9 on: January 15, 2013, 02:29:01 PM »

Thank God this child is safe now,,,

cw618
Monkey Junky

« Reply #10 on: January 15, 2013, 08:21:40 PM »

im happy Nailla is safe,i was so hoping

when i first heard the blurb,all i got was W.C. Bryant School, then William Cullen Bryant School
and 5 yr old girl,it scared the hell out of me,my Gneice just started at a school by the same
name,i couldnt reach her parents,or the Gma,then i finally heard it was in philly. i hate to say
it but the relief was so great,that it wasnt a member of my fam,and that short 1&1/2hr,seemed
like hrs and hrs

goodmorn,goodnite, got to go, as always its been wonderful, talking with you, and most of all have a great day, and dont forget to smile
BabsKats
Monkey Junky

« Reply #11 on: January 17, 2013, 11:51:48 AM »

http://www.cnn.com/2013/01/16/justice/philadelphia-child-abduction-suspects/index.html?hpt=us_c2
updated 10:42 AM EST, Thu January 17, 2013

Philadelphia (CNN) -- Philadelphia police are still searching for the woman who they say abducted a 5-year-old girl from her elementary school on Monday by posing as the girl's mother, dressed in a Muslim-style head covering.

The suspect, who police say may be pregnant and may go by the name "Rashida," took the girl to a nearby house where a male suspect waited.

Once inside the home, authorities say, the girl was told to remove her clothing and was given a black T-shirt to wear. She was blindfolded and forced to hide under a bed, they said. She was fed at some point.

"This was an egregious crime, and the community should be outraged," Capt. John Darby, commanding officer of special victims, said at a news conference Wednesday. "This was not a random act as far as we're concerned."

Myers will receive a $10,000 reward offered by the city, Mayor Michael Nutter announced via Twitter.

"Mayor @Michael_Nutter, full $10,000 reward to Nelson Mandela Myers, who saw (the girl) in an Upper Darby park and did the right thing," Mark McDonald, the mayor's spokesman, tweeted Tuesday
cw618
Monkey Junky

« Reply #12 on: January 20, 2013, 03:00:49 PM »

updates and videos
Police press conf. on abduction of West Phila. girl
http://abclocal.go.com/wpvi/video?id=8955189
http://abclocal.go.com/wpvi/video?id=8955189&pid=null

contains links to videos and articles

Action News
WEST PHILADELPHIA - January 15, 2013 (WPVI)
The girl does have relatives who are Muslim and her uncle does have a girlfriend named Tiffany who was on the list of those allowed to pick her up from school. But it wasn't learned until later that it was not her.
"We believe that female that entered that school was a stranger, absolutely unknown to this 5-year-old," Philadelphia Police Captain John Darby said.
The woman then got confrontational when the substitute teacher challenged her saying, "I signed what I was supposed to sign, I've got other appointments and I do not need to put up with your nonsense."

Police, covering all bases in this investigation, conducted a lie detector test on the girl's father. He passed.
"She knows she was in a house, someone released her in the park and told her to run and call police," the grandfather said said.

The grandfather says the family is looking into who the female suspect is and how she could do something like this.

"The woman took her somewhere and we believe this woman may be a part of some kind of deranged predatory thing that may be going on in the community," the grandfather said.
more @link

goodmorn,goodnite, got to go, as always its been wonderful, talking with you, and most of all have a great day, and dont forget to smile
cw618
Monkey Junky

« Reply #13 on: January 20, 2013, 03:07:06 PM »

Police narrowing search for abductors of 5-year-old girl
http://www.philly.com/philly/news/Police_narrowing_search_for_abductors_of_5-year-old_girl.html

The grid police are focusing on in their search for the people who abducted 5-year-old Nailla Robinson from her West Philadelphia school. (Google map

Breaking News Desk
Posted: Wednesday, January 16, 2013, 1:25 PM
Police say they have descriptions of two offenders in the abduction of a 5-year-old girl from a West Philadelphia elementary school and have narrowed their search for the culprits to a grid of a few blocks
A woman who picked up the girl from the school walked her several blocks to a residence, said Capt. John Darby of the Philadelphia Police Special Victims Unit.

There, they were joined by an adult man, Darby said. The girl was restrained, blindfolded and told to remove her clothing. She was also fed at the home.
Darby said investigators have been working "around the clock" and are focusing their search on a grid that stretches from Spruce to Christian streets and from 56th Street to Cobbs Creek Parkway.

Police are "going to door to door" and handing out flyers at every residence and business in those blocks, he said
The woman who took Nailla from the school is described as in her late 20s, 5 feet 5 inches to 5 feet 8 inches tall and possibly pregnant. She had a thin build, greenish eyes and dark skin. The woman identified herself to the child as "Rashida."

The man is described as light-skinned and in his mid-30s. He has short brown hair and was wearing sweatpants and a light blue T-shirt.
more@link

cw618
Monkey Junky

« Reply #14 on: January 20, 2013, 03:11:00 PM »

Mother of abducted 5-year-old retains high-profile attorney
MORGAN ZALOT, Daily News Staff Writer zalotm@phillynews.com, 215-854-5928
 Posted: Thursday, January 17, 2013, 9:51 PM
Kline on Thursday told the Daily News that Latifah Rashid contacted him Wednesday for help in the ongoing investigation around her daughter's abduction - about which police have reported no new developments.

"She wants to turn her attention to taking care of her daughter, and so she thought that she needed help and reached out to me, and I told her that I would undertake the task," Kline said. "She ...  fully wants to and needs to cooperate with this investigation. She wants to see the perpetrator or perpetrators brought to justice, and she has asked me to serve as her lawyer and her liaison and someone who can help guide her."

Kline said the first order of business is to ensure that the little girl is able to reintegrate back into school. Second, he said, is aiding Rashid in the criminal process to see that the girl's kidnappers are brought to justice.

"Mom and daughter won't feel safe or be safe until that happens, nor will the public," he said.
more@link
http://www.philly.com/philly/education/20130117_Mother_of_abducted_5-year-old_retains_high-profile_attorney.html

Sister
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #15 on: January 23, 2013, 09:57:42 AM »

It certainly seems this young girl was targeted and I wouldn't feel safe either.
Hope this gets solved quickly.
 ::justice2NJ::

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #16 on: September 12, 2014, 02:17:10 PM »

BBM  Not only could she face life in prison, she should face life in prison.  No child would be safe around her. JMHO

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/crime/philadelphia-woman-convicted-counts-rape-abduction-5-year-old-girl-article-1.1937598
Philadelphia woman convicted on all counts in rape, abduction of 5-year-old girl
The jury found Christina Regusters, 21, guilty of kidnapping, aggravated assault, indecent deviate sexual intercourse and other charges for taking a child from her elementary school and sexually assaulting her in January 2013.
September 12, 2014

A Philadelphia woman was convicted Friday of raping a 5-year-old girl after kidnapping her from a school classroom.

Christina Regusters, 21, was found guilty on all counts, including kidnapping, aggravated assault and indecent deviate sexual intercourse.

In January 2013, Regusters wore a Muslim dress and veil so she could pose as the little girl’s mother and pick her up from Bryant Elementary School in the city’s Cobbs Creek neighborhood.

Then she pretended to be three different people to trick the blindfolded child.

The little girl was stashed under a bed for most of the 19-hour ordeal. She recalled hearing a talking bird, which turned out to be a key detail that helped police identify Regusters as the suspect.

The child was found half-naked the following morning in a cold and dark playground. Regusters' DNA was found on a T-shirt the girl was wearing.

During the three-week trial, defense attorney W. Fred Harrison Jr. questioned whether Regusters could have acted alone. But prosecutors said she had viewed child pornography and Japanese anime that depicted the sexual torture of children.

She also researched how to destroy DNA evidence, the prosecution said.

The girl, now 7, testified briefly during the trial. Her family is suing the Philadelphia School District.

After the verdict, Regusters told WCAU-TV that the DNA evidence and Internet searches "proved to be her undoing."

Her sentencing is scheduled for Dec. 15 and she could face life in prison.

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #17 on: September 12, 2014, 02:20:05 PM »

http://philadelphia.cbslocal.com/2014/09/12/kidnap-victims-family-presses-lawsuit-against-philadelphia-school-district/
Kidnap Victim’s Family Presses Lawsuit Against Philadelphia School District
September 12, 2014

PHILADELPHIA (CBS) — The end of the criminal trial in the kidnapped kindergartener case is not the end of the story.
The family of the little girl who was abducted from her West Philadelphia kindergarten class continues to pursue legal action against the Philadelphia school district.
Family attorney Tom Kline says that although the little girl has shown resilience and maturity far beyond her years, the incident showed the “abysmal failures of the Philadelphia school district.”
“If it were not for the City of Philadelphia’s reckless conduct, this little girl would have never fallen into the hands of Christina Regusters,” Kline said today outside the Criminal Justice Center, following Regusters’ conviction on charges of kidnapping and child molestation.
According to police, Regusters went to Bryant Elementary School dressed in Muslim clothing and was able to take the child out of class without providing proper ID.

A federal civil rights lawsuit against the district is pending.

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #18 on: September 12, 2014, 02:23:02 PM »

http://www.kansascity.com/news/nation-world/article2074880.html
Woman convicted in school abduction, assault
September 12, 2014

PHILADELPHIA
A former day care worker was convicted Friday of abducting a 5-year-old girl from her school classroom and sexually assaulting her during a 19-hour ordeal.

Christina Regusters, 21, donned a Muslim dress and veil to impersonate the girl's mother and take her from Bryant Elementary School in January 2013, then posed as three different people to trick the blindfolded child. The girl was found half-naked the next morning at a cold, dark playground.

The defense had questioned during the three-week trial whether Regusters could have acted alone. But prosecutors said she had viewed child pornography and Japanese anime involving child sexual torture and also looked up how to destroy DNA evidence.

"All the evidence pointed to the existence of one abductor and assailant — Regusters," said prosecutor Erin O'Brien, according to a tweet Friday from the district attorney's office.

Regusters, who is scheduled for sentencing Dec. 15, was convicted of all counts, including kidnapping, aggravated assault and indecent deviate sexual intercourse. She turned down a plea that would have put her behind bars for 40 years to 80 years, according to her attorney.

The child said she was blindfolded and stashed under a bed for most of her captivity. But she recalled hearing a talking bird, a key detail that helped police close in on a suspect.

The defense argued that three other people home that day would have heard the girl's cries during the attack. Defense attorney W. Fred Harrison Jr. suggested an alternative theory: that his client helped an unnamed man commit the crime.

Regusters' DNA — along with a trace of semen — was found on the T-shirt the girl was wearing when she was located. However, other key evidence was never found, including the girl's clothes, her backpack, the clothing the kidnapper wore in the school or the object believed to have been used in the attack.

The now-7-year-old girl suffered devastating injuries and needed a colostomy, but she has recovered physically and is now in second grade. She testified briefly during the trial.

Regusters had moved in with an aunt in Philadelphia after her father went to prison in Maryland for assaulting her and a sister. She had worked at a day-care program the girl attended after school, but had been suspended and was home the day of the abduction.

School officials did not realize the girl was missing for six hours, until dismissal time. The victim's family is suing the Philadelphia School District.

Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.