April 26, 2024, 03:56:45 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 3 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Search continues for Indianapolis baby reported abducted Wednesday 8/27/2014  (Read 21957 times)
cw618
Monkey Junky

« on: August 30, 2014, 05:52:15 PM »

Search continues for Indianapolis baby reported abducted Wednesday
TheIndyChannel.com Staff
9:07 PM, Aug 27, 2014
6:45 PM, Aug 29, 2014

INDIANAPOLIS - Police said a baby boy was in extreme danger in a statewide Amber Alert case that began Wednesday.

Delano Wilson was abducted from an alley in the 1400 block of Henry Street (see map below) around noon Wednesday, officials with the Indianapolis Metropolitan Police Department said.

Wilson is about 1 month old, 16 inches long and weighs 12 pounds with black hair and brown eyes. He was last seen wearing a dark-blue onesie.

Police believe he was abducted by an unknown white male who was accompanied by a Latina female.

The male was described as 25-30 years old, 5 feet 6 inches to 5 feet 9 inches and tall with a medium build. He has short brown hair and was wearing a black do-rag, a red T-shirt, jean shorts and red, black and blue sneakers.

The female was described as 25-30 years old with a thin build and long brown hair. She was last seen wearing a green shirt and matching green hoop earrings.

They were last seen driving an older model (2000 to 2003) blue four-door Ford Taurus.

On Friday, the family announced a $10,000 reward for the baby's safe return.

Call police with any information at 1-888-58AMBER or 911. You can also always report information anonymously via Crime Stoppers at 317-262-8477 (TIPS) or online at crimetips.org. Tips can also be texted with "INDYCS" to 274637. You can also check out the Crime Stoppers app, TipSubmit.
more video 911 call
http://www.theindychannel.com/news/local-news/amber-alert-issued-for-missing-1-month-old

goodmorn,goodnite, got to go, as always its been wonderful, talking with you, and most of all have a great day, and dont forget to smile
cw618
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2014, 05:55:02 PM »

Amber Alert canceled, no searches set for infant
Police drain tank, find no sign of missing baby

CHARLES D. WILSON Associated Press , TheIndyChannel.com Staff
6:06 PM, Aug 29, 2014
5 hours ago

Police said they were treating the hunt for a missing Indianapolis infant Saturday as a search-and-rescue mission, with efforts including draining an old underground cistern in a wooded area near where the child disappeared.

An Amber Alert went out for 6-week-old Delano Wilson about 9 p.m. Wednesday, some eight hours after 23-year-old Willie Wilson told police his son had been abducted by a man and woman who knocked him out in an alley near his home just west of downtown Indianapolis.
more videos
http://www.theindychannel.com/news/local-news/police-drain-tank-find-no-sign-of-missing-baby

goodmorn,goodnite, got to go, as always its been wonderful, talking with you, and most of all have a great day, and dont forget to smile
cw618
Monkey Junky

« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2014, 10:16:41 PM »

just realized, amber alert canceled, wow how often does that happen
with a vehicle and person/s description, and child not found 
does that mean the LE found the vehicle, and know Delano isnt with that car

cw618
Monkey Junky

« Reply #3 on: August 30, 2014, 10:21:09 PM »

map
https://mapsengine.google.com/map/viewer?mid=zRfDE0OoYbAI.kDHy26R5V_Yc

snip from posted article
The Wednesday Amber Alert said the child is considered in extreme danger and that the infant was last seen with a white man and a Hispanic woman in an early 2000s blue Ford Taurus car.

Wilson told police he was carrying the baby just west of downtown Indianapolis about noon Wednesday when he was approached by the man and woman. He said the man pointed a gun at him and hit him in the head with the weapon, causing him to briefly lose consciousness. When he awoke, he said he saw the woman carrying the baby to the car, according to police.

Adams said Wilson had no visible signs of injury.
http://www.theindychannel.com/news/local-news/police-drain-tank-find-no-sign-of-missing-baby

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

ARUBA: It's all about Natalee...we won't give up!

« Reply #4 on: August 31, 2014, 01:34:52 AM »

http://www.wthr.com/story/26407561/2014/08/29/indianapolis-baby-still-missing-after-third-day-of-search

Police call off Amber Alert for missing 6-week-old Delano Wilson

Posted: Aug 29, 2014 5:21 PM CST Updated: Aug 30, 2014 7:09 PM CST

By Emily Longnecker, WTHR reporter - bio | email
INDIANAPOLIS - Metro Police have canceled the Amber Alert for a missing baby.

Police say the alert for 6-week-old Delano Wilson was canceled because it had reached its "maximum audience" and extensive coverage of the search in local media and online is sufficient for informing the public.

"The cancellation of the Amber Alert has no barring on the active investigation into Delano's abduction. IMPD will continue to use all necessary resources and techniques to bring Delano back home," IMPD wrote in a release.

No additional searches for the baby have been planned, police said.

“He's out there somewhere, man. Dead or alive, it doesn't matter - he's out here,” said the infant's maternal uncle Romel Perkins.

Perkins said police shouldn't have called off the Amber Alert for the infant or stopped their search for the day.

“I mean, I'm thinking, they should be out here searching,” said Perkins.

Wilson's father said the 6-week-old infant was taken by a couple after they attacked him on the near-west side Wednesday around noon.

Delano Wilson

I stand with the girl, Natalee Holloway.

"I can look back over the past 10 years and there were no steps wasted, and there are no regrets,'' she said. "I did all I knew to do and I think that gives me greater peace now." "I've lived every parent's worst nightmare and I'm the parent that nobody wants to be," she said.

Beth Holloway, 2015 interview with Greta van Susteren
cw618
Monkey Junky

« Reply #5 on: August 31, 2014, 10:47:28 AM »

thanks texasmom, i didnt know there was a time limit on amber alert

AMBER ALERT PLAN
Recommended Guidelines for Indiana Radio and Television Stations
Revised 09/26/12
BBM

After receiving and broadcasting the initial Amber Alert, what should I do for follow-up?

The Amber Alert will only be sent one time over the EAS system. We ask that for the next two hours you broadcast the information at a minimum of every 30 minutes, then once an hour for the next three hours. This is done by either taping the original message and playing it back, transcribing the information and having your personnel read it over the air, or followed up by your news department. Whatever method you may use, it is important that the information be aired in the early hours of the abduction. After the 5 hour period has ended, the Amber Alert will be completed and any additional coverage will be purely at the stations option as a part of normal news and information programming.
http://www.in.gov/amberalert/2339.htm

cw618
Monkey Junky

« Reply #6 on: August 31, 2014, 11:04:09 AM »

my nephew is at cedar point today, i sent the Delano Wilson info to his phone
just in case the sandusky incident is related, doubtful the 2 incidents are
related, but life is strange ya never know

Willie Wilson questioned in 2012 child abuse case
Mother of Wilson's daughter convicted of assault
Kara Kenney
5:41 PM, Aug 28, 2014
5:50 PM, Aug 28, 2014

The father of a missing Indianapolis baby has faced tragedy before involving one of his other small children.

Records show Willie Wilson was investigated in a child abuse case involving one of his other children, Logan Wilson, in Erie County Ohio.

Call 6 Investigator Kara Kenney uncovered records that show the Erie County Sheriff’s Office questioned Willie Wilson regarding injuries to his then 4 month old girl.

Wilson was not charged or arrested in the case.
more
http://www.theindychannel.com/news/call-6-investigators/willie-wilson-questioned-in-2012-child-abuse-case?autoplay=true

cw618
Monkey Junky

« Reply #7 on: August 31, 2014, 11:35:09 AM »

info on logan wilson ,that Willie Wilson, was questioned about in 2012

Mother indicted for abusing infant daughter
An Erie County grand jury has indicted a woman on multiple felonies for allegedly beating her 6-month-old daughter to the point of near-death.
EMIL WHITIS SANDUSKY NOV 12, 2012
http://www.sanduskyregister.com/article/crime/2805191

scott street, from the article
https://goo.gl/maps/lk7FX

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #8 on: August 31, 2014, 12:29:25 PM »

http://fox59.com/2014/08/29/police-search-wooded-area-for-missing-baby-look-at-fathers-story/

Police search wooded area for missing baby, look at father’s story
Posted 5:45 PM, August 29, 2014, by Liz Gelardi, Updated at 06:27pm, August 29, 2014   

By: Liz Gelardi

INDIANAPOLIS, Ind. – Police did not go far to search for a missing six month old. An Amber Alert was issued after Delano Wilson was reportedly kidnapped at gunpoint on Wednesday. On Friday police spent the entire day searching a wooded area just a few blocks from the area where the baby went missing.

“We’re running down all the leads, make sure you got all the information available. Men and women don’t sleep very much in these cases they take it very seriously,” said Chief Rick Hite, IMPD.

The baby’s dad, Willie Wilson, told police a white man and Hispanic woman robbed him at gunpoint while he was out walking with his son. Wilson told police they grabbed his baby, pistol whipped him and knocked him unconscious. According to the police the couple did not take Wilson’s wallet, two cell phones or marijuana. Wilson said they took off driving a blue Ford Taurus.

Police said some of Wilson’s statements have been inconsistent. On Thursday, Wilson told FOX59’s Russ McQuaid his account of the incident. Police would not go as far as to call him a person of interest.

“Our detectives will continue to talk with him as much as he’ll talk with us to try to determine some of the missing links in his story,” said Sgt. Kendale Adams, IMPD.

Wilson was questioned in a previous child abuse case out of Sandusky, Ohio. His three-month-old daughter was admitted to the hospital in August 2012 with severe brain injuries. She survived but has permanent brain damage. The child’s mother is in prison. Wilson was questioned by detectives but they said he was not a suspect in the case.

IMPD detectives said they have been in contact with the investigators in Ohio.

"I can look back over the past 10 years and there were no steps wasted, and there are no regrets,'' she said. "I did all I knew to do and I think that gives me greater peace now." "I've lived every parent's worst nightmare and I'm the parent that nobody wants to be," she said.

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #9 on: August 31, 2014, 12:31:22 PM »

thanks texasmom, i didnt know there was a time limit on amber alert

AMBER ALERT PLAN
Recommended Guidelines for Indiana Radio and Television Stations
Revised 09/26/12
BBM

After receiving and broadcasting the initial Amber Alert, what should I do for follow-up?

The Amber Alert will only be sent one time over the EAS system. We ask that for the next two hours you broadcast the information at a minimum of every 30 minutes, then once an hour for the next three hours. This is done by either taping the original message and playing it back, transcribing the information and having your personnel read it over the air, or followed up by your news department. Whatever method you may use, it is important that the information be aired in the early hours of the abduction. After the 5 hour period has ended, the Amber Alert will be completed and any additional coverage will be purely at the stations option as a part of normal news and information programming.
http://www.in.gov/amberalert/2339.htm

Thanks for the additional info cw618, I wasn't aware of the timing guidelines either. 

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #10 on: August 31, 2014, 12:53:45 PM »

Video of Delano's mother at the link

http://fox59.com/2014/08/28/mother-makes-impassioned-plea-for-return-of-son-in-amber-alert-case/

Mother makes emotional plea for return of son in Amber Alert case
Posted 9:09 AM, August 28, 2014, by Matt Adams - Web Producer, Updated at 04:26pm, August 28, 2014   

INDIANAPOLIS (Aug. 28, 2014) – An Indianapolis mother made an impassioned plea Thursday for the safe return of her 1-month-old son.

The boy’s mother, Taniasha Perkins, spoke to the media for the first time Thursday morning.

“Please, just please bring my baby back. He’s just one month old. I love my child. I just gave birth to him, he is my one and only son, my first born,” Perkins said. “I just want to know why. Why would you take my baby? Why can’t you just drop them off somewhere safe so I can see him healthy again?

“I don’t wish this on other parents. I’m too young to be going through this. I just got my job two days ago. I was going to provide for my baby,” she continued. “He means the world to me and his dad. We are good parents. We work hard. We work really hard to provide for a child. And for you to take him away is just tearing a hole in my family and in my heart he doesn’t deserve this. Please, please let my son go.”

Wilson was arrested Wednesday night on a possession of marijuana charge, police said, although the arrest has no bearing on the Amber Alert case.

Willie Wilson

From the video at the link:

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #11 on: August 31, 2014, 01:03:46 PM »

http://www.wvec.com/news/Mother-pleads-for-return-of-abducted-baby-273035791.html

A neighbor said she saw a car matching the description of the Taurus pull out of an alley and drive away around noon Wednesday. Moments later, she said, she saw Wilson stagger out of the same alley and collapse.

"Then all the cop cars showed up," said Christine Richey.

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #12 on: August 31, 2014, 01:13:01 PM »

Did Willie Wilson owe someone money, maybe for drugs?

Anyone read what kind of work he does?

Two cell phones?

Considering the neighbors statement, just trying to think of any other possibilities,

Incidents with two infants in a two year span just doesn't look good imo.   

I hope they find this baby soon.

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #13 on: August 31, 2014, 01:33:41 PM »

http://newsone.com/3048874/delano-wilson-indianapolis-missing/

1-Month-Old Baby in ‘Extreme Danger’ After Being Abducted From Father at Gunpoint

Aug 28, 2014
By Jeff Mays   

Delano Wilson

Case Type: Endangered
Date of Birth: Jul 27, 2014
Missing Date: Aug 27, 2014
Age Now: 1 month
Missing City: Indianapolis
Missing State: Indiana
Case Number: NCMEC11633
Race: Black
Complexion: Medium
Height: 1’4″
Weight: 12
Hair Color: Black
Hair Length: Short
Eye Color: Brown
Wear Glasses or Contacts: No

Location Last Seen: Around noon in the alley in the 1400 block of Henry Street.

Circumstances of Disappearance: Delano is believed to be in “extreme danger” after a White male and a Hispanic woman allegedly approached Delano’s father, robbing and pistol-whipping him. Delano’s father awoke to see his son being taken away in a older model blue Ford Taurus from 2000 to 2003.

The family has criticized police for waiting several hours to issue the Amber Alert.

“We just want to know why,” relative Alisha Perkins told the Indianapolis Star,”why did it take so long?”

Police say they conducted an intensive search of the area as is standard practice before taking the final step of issuing the alert.

“There are strict guidelines in issuing an Amber Alert,” Natalie Wilson, co-founder of the Black and Missing Foundation told NewsOne in an interview. “It is imperative that parents work with law enforcement to insure that the alert is issued as time is of the essence.”

Relatives of the missing person must also be prepared “to contact the media and utilize social media to bring awareness” to increase the odds of finding their loved ones, said Wilson.

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #14 on: August 31, 2014, 01:43:11 PM »

http://www.indystar.com/story/news/2014/08/27/month-baby-boy-reported-abducted-indianapolis/14717055/

Amber Alert canceled after third day of search for missing baby
Diana Penner, Bill McCleery and Tim Evans, tim.evans@indystar.com 5:52 p.m. EDT August 30, 2014

By the end of Friday, searchers had combed about 90 percent of the neighborhood surrounding the baby's home in the 500 block of Chase Street, Adams said.

Delano's father, Willie Wilson, reported to police on Wednesday that a white man and a Hispanic woman pistol-whipped him into unconsciousness in an alley on West Henry Street near the family's home, snatched the baby and drove off in a clean-looking blue 2000-2003 four-door Ford Taurus.

Friday, searchers spread out through wooded areas and vacant lots, probed buildings, used sonar cameras to search the nearby White River and trudged along its banks, poking through debris. The search teams included homicide detectives, but there has been no evidence released that the baby is dead.

"There might be some nooks and crannies that we don't know about, but we pretty much searched at least 90 percent of the area," Adams said.

IMPD focused Friday on an area around the railroad tracks, near the Harding Street ramp to I-70. Later, searchers moved east of the tracks.

About 45 IMPD recruits in bright-green vests joined the search, and the FBI now is part of the investigation.

At one point, investigators lowered a "snake camera" down into an abandoned tank of some sort, but found no sign of the baby.

A mobile command unit was set up about 200 yards north of Oliver Street on a gravel access road that runs parallel to a railroad track. The search area is very overgrown, and trash, debris and weeds line the gravel access road.

Adams said there would not be that kind of search over the weekend. However, investigators met late Friday to go over what they knew so far and decide their next steps, which likely would include going back to talk to Delano's parents, Willie Wilson and Taniasha Perkins, to "fill in some gaps," he said.

Also Friday, a cousin of Perkins posted a message on Facebook saying he is offering a $10,000 reward for information leading to the child's return.

"Anyone in Indianapolis can help out my cousin in her time of need," said the message posted on the Facebook page of a man identified as Marlon Perkins.

"This is real, and she needs all the help and assistance possible in the safe return of her son," the message read. "I'm personally offering $10,000 for any information that leads to his safe return. Contact IMPD immediately with any information!!!!"

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #15 on: August 31, 2014, 02:33:32 PM »

After hearing them say on video that Willie Wilson was hit in the face during the abduction I wondered if the mugshot being published was from that day because I didn't remember seeing any obvious injury.  Is it possible to be pistol whipped and hit in the face to the point of unconsciousness and not have obvious recent injuries visible?  Did he receive any medical treatment for injuries?

http://inmateinfo.indy.gov/IML

Name: WILLIE WILSON
Sex:    M
DOB:    01/26/1991
Height:    
Weight:    
Race:    BLACK
Hair Color:    BLACK
Hair Length:    
Eye Color:    BROWN
Complexion:    

Inmate Information
Marital Status:       State ID:    
FBI:       INS:    
Citizen:    UNITED STATES    COB:    UNITED STATES

Incarceration Information
Current Location:    APC    County:    
Current Housing Section:       Current Housing Block:    
Current Housing Cell:       Current Housing Bed:    
Commitment Date:    08/27/2014    Release Date:    08/28/2014 11:31

Alias Information
There are no aliases for this inmate.

Detainer Information
There is no detainer information for this inmate.

Bond Information
Case #:    49G12-1408-CM-041355    Amount:       Status:       Posted By:       Post Date:    

Charge Information
Case #    Offense Date    Code    Description    Grade    Degree
49G12-1408-CM-041355       35-48-4-11(a)(1)    Possession of Marijuana    B    M
49G12-1408-CM-041355    08/27/2014    0035-0048-0004-0011    POSSESSION OF MARIJUANA OR HASH/MA    9    M

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #16 on: August 31, 2014, 03:00:16 PM »

Listen to the 911 call.

http://fox59.com/2014/08/28/bloodhounds-and-search-crews-continue-to-look-for-baby-boy-at-center-of-amber-alert/

Audio from 911 call released as crews continue to look for baby boy at center of Amber Alert case
Posted 4:25 PM, August 28, 2014, by Russ McQuaid, Updated at 06:06pm, August 29, 2014   

Wilson told police that he was accosted by a white male and hispanic woman in an alley less than a block from his home Wednesday at noon.

Wilson said the pair intended to rob him of his cell phones and his wallet but took his baby instead.

“He said ‘I don’t care.’ That’s when he hit me knocked me down. I got the baby in my arms. That’s when I knew they were gonna do more because she didn’t do nothing because the man is constantly yelling at me telling me to empty my pockets, grabbing at my pants. All I could do is give him what I had. I didn’t wanna harm the baby.”

Wilson said the couple took off in a blue Ford Taurus but left his other valuables behind.

A neighbor told FOX59 News she saw such a car drive away slowly from the alley.

“Well we seen the blue Taurus come out of the alley and I seen the guy at first we thought was the suspect but it end up being the actual father of the child come stumbling out of the alley and then he collapsed.”

“I couldn’t tell what was going on and they wasn’t speeding away. That’s why I wasn’t paying much attention and like I said we seen the dad come out of the alley and then he collapsed and sat up and within five minutes the officers began showing up.”

Neighbors are comparing their own firsthand accounts of the immediate aftermath of Wilson’s claims with what they’ve noticed or been told by other eyewitnesses.

“There’s just been five or six different stories that’s been told so nothing’s making sense,” said another neighbor Jackie Huffman. “Something’s fishy.”

Full audio from Willie Wilson’s 911 call (video at the link)

He first said they took his daughter, and corrected that to his son.

He said his son is two months old, the other reports and his mother say the baby is one month old.

But he is precise about his descriptions of the abductors and the car.

Ambulance services asks (on phone) Are you injured?

"I'm not hurt like that, I was just robbed and pistol whipped."

He has to ask him several times if he was bleeding from where he was hit, before he says no.

He tells police when they arrive that his son is two months old too.

He does not sound like a distraught father whose son was just abducted imo.

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #17 on: August 31, 2014, 03:20:34 PM »

Transcribed from the first video with Willie Wilson at the link:

http://fox59.com/2014/08/28/bloodhounds-and-search-crews-continue-to-look-for-baby-boy-at-center-of-amber-alert/

"I have nothing to hide, I just want them to find my son.  I gave them all the descriptions, I gave them the details.  I just want them to find my son, that's it."

When Wilson said he didn't have anything on him but two phones a wallet and some marajuana...

"And he said I don't care, empty your pockets, that's when I told him no and he hit me in the face and knocked me to the ground.  I fell with my son, holding my son just like this.  I fell with him."

cw618
Monkey Junky

« Reply #18 on: August 31, 2014, 03:21:29 PM »

not sure on the pistol whip, only seen it in the movies
@ about 4:06 in vid is a good shot of him and he dosent looked injured
there are several vids @ link with info too

By:TheIndyChannel.com Staff
9:07 PM, Aug 27, 2014
6:45 PM, Aug 29, 2014
http://www.theindychannel.com/news/local-news/amber-alert-issued-for-missing-1-month-old

cw618
Monkey Junky

« Reply #19 on: August 31, 2014, 03:33:08 PM »

i cant see an injury here , and they say there are cams near there, nothing on the cams
LE says,shows them nothing

By Russ McQuaid
INDIANAPOLIS, Ind. (August 28, 2014)

Pages: 1 2 3 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.