March 28, 2024, 06:28:59 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Ethiopians on Aruba? Security Guards?  (Read 2008 times)
Dublin
Scared Monkey

« on: June 21, 2005, 09:07:18 PM »

In Ethiopia, kidnapping has long been part of the marriage custom, a tradition of sorrow and violence whose origins are murky.

The United Nations estimates that more than 70 percent of marriages in Ethiopia are by abduction, practiced in rural areas where the majority of the country's 71 million people live.

I wonder if this might have some relevance. If there are Ethiopian transplants to Aruba, who still live in rural communities, and practice the traditions of their homeland, could someone have abducted her with the intent of making her his wife?

She would then perhaps still be alive, but held captive and located in a rural part of the island.  

Is there a way they could check the lists of the security employees for the hotels and the music festival, or working at Cand C? I think the # of wives would reflect some social status in the old Ethiopian communities.  I would think these individuals would then brag about the # of wives they have.   Maybe old fashioned legwork would be more efficient.
veme
Scared Monkey

« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2005, 01:28:41 PM »

Dublin-
The story you are quoting from is more involved than you maybe know.
Those types of kidnappings in Ethiopia  have a couple of things going. One that I am aware of is Muslims kidnapping Coptic Christain girls.
The other is that it is tribal custom.

The story you are quoting from most likely involves a Coptic girl. This is one of the reasons it is being called a miracle - the 3 lions are very significant. Smile

Sorry for the spelling & typos..... I'm a  funtional illiterate.
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.