March 28, 2024, 04:14:24 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Christina Marie Morris 23 yo, Last Seen 3:00 a.m. 8/30/14 in Plano, TX REMAINS FOUND  (Read 176144 times)
BabsKats
Monkey Junky

« Reply #60 on: September 08, 2014, 04:54:04 PM »

Just reported on local Dallas News station............Tim Miller just arrived to help in search for Christina.  I will post info when it appears on WFAA news feed.
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

ARUBA: It's all about Natalee...we won't give up!

« Reply #61 on: September 08, 2014, 05:27:39 PM »

https://www.facebook.com/PlanoTexasPoliceDepartment/photos/a.377449372328597.86275.356304107776457/724362280970636/?type=1&theater

Plano Texas Police Department
2 hrs

REWARD - UP TO $5,000

The Plano Police Department is seeking the public’s help in an attempt to locate Morris as there is a concern for her safety and well being. A Crime Stoppers reward will be available if a tip leads to a felony arrest and indictment.

To contact Crime Stoppers, call 1-877-373-TIPS (8477), submit a tip online at Webtips, or by email, follow the links on the website ntcc.crimestoppers.com. You may also text your tip to “TIP197” plus your message to CRIMES (274637).

To be eligible for a reward, you must call Crime Stoppers.

I stand with the girl, Natalee Holloway.

"I can look back over the past 10 years and there were no steps wasted, and there are no regrets,'' she said. "I did all I knew to do and I think that gives me greater peace now." "I've lived every parent's worst nightmare and I'm the parent that nobody wants to be," she said.

Beth Holloway, 2015 interview with Greta van Susteren
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #62 on: September 08, 2014, 06:11:13 PM »

Just reported on local Dallas News station............Tim Miller just arrived to help in search for Christina.  I will post info when it appears on WFAA news feed.

Great news!
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #63 on: September 08, 2014, 09:13:00 PM »

http://starlocalmedia.com/planocourier/updated-p-m-sept-where-is-christina-morris/article_5978a7b6-3479-11e4-a198-001a4bcf887a.html

UPDATED [4:05 p.m. Sept. 8]: Where is Christina Morris?

Christina Morris was last seen around 3:55 a.m. Aug. 30

Posted: Thursday, September 4, 2014 4:20 pm | Updated: 5:04 pm, Mon Sep 8, 2014.

Brittany Feagans bfeagans@starlocalmedia.com | 0 comments

Updated (4:05 p.m. Sept. 8 ):

Despite volunteer searches yesterday at Lewisville Lake and Allen High School, no clues have been found to indicate the whereabouts of Christina Morris.

Officer David Tilley, Plano PD spokesman, said it's his understanding that Morris' boyfriend, Hunter Foster, was in town over the weekend to help distribute flyers.

"He's been totally cooperative," Tilley said. "We've talked to him several times."

Also joining the investigation is Texas EquuSearch, a search and rescue organization dedicated to searching for missing persons.

"We have communicated with them already and given them a lot of information based on what we've got to try to help them determine where to start looking," Tilley said. "I think right now they're actually looking at maps, looking at the area and trying to get some ideas. They are highly trained in the search of missing or deceased persons. ... We've told them the areas we've already searched and from there they'll determine [where to look next]. It's a mounted search and rescue team; they can cover a lot more ground."

While Texas EquuSearch and volunteers continue to search high and low for any sign of Morris, Plano PD is following up on tips they're getting through Facebook, social media and news media.

"We're going to continue following up on those tips, and the primary investigators are going to continue on with their indepth investigation speaking to the people that were originally there," Tilley said. "[We're] going beyond the recent, going back a little further. Maybe someone had a beef with her awhile back. ... There's still a lot of area to cover. We have not, by any stretch of the imagination, reached a dead end."

Tilley said law enforcement agencies in Frisco, The Colony, Allen, McKinney and other local areas have been made aware of the investigation.

"I can look back over the past 10 years and there were no steps wasted, and there are no regrets,'' she said. "I did all I knew to do and I think that gives me greater peace now." "I've lived every parent's worst nightmare and I'm the parent that nobody wants to be," she said.

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #64 on: September 09, 2014, 09:11:05 AM »

http://texasequusearch.org/2014/09/missing-christina-morris-plano-tx-83014/
MISSING: Christina Morris – Plano, TX (8/30/14)

Posted on 05. Sep, 2014 by Kevin Cotter in Active Cases, Missing Persons
23 year-old Christina Morris was last seen in Plano, Texas on August 30th 2014. Christina was wearing a light gray T-shirt, shorts, black sandals and a black full-rim hat. Christina also was carrying a black, pull-sting type backpack, and wearing gold-colored rings on her fingers. If you have seen Christina Morris since her disappearance, if you know or her current whereabouts or if you have information on her disappearance; please contact the Plano Police Department at (972) 424-5678 – or call Texas EquuSearch at (281) 309-9500.

Downloadable flyer available (check link in article at site)

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
BabsKats
Monkey Junky

« Reply #65 on: September 09, 2014, 03:38:13 PM »

http://www.wfaa.com/story/news/local/collin-county/2014/09/09/search-continues-christina-morris-missing-plano/15325361/

September 9, 2014

"We do believe in miracles, but we're not going to sugarcoat anything. It doesn't look good after this amount of time," Tim Miller with Texas Equusearch said.

PLANO — A new batch of volunteers gathered Tuesday morning at a church as the search for 23-year-old Christina Morris continues.

The search for the Fort Worth woman, who was last seen at the Shops at Legacy in Plano on Aug. 30, resumed in areas difficult to cover by foot -- such as the wooded areas around the shopping center.

MORE: Stories about the search for Christina Morris

A highly skilled search team from Houston that's helped with high-profile cases, like the disappearance of Natalee Holloway, has come to help. Holloway was a teenager who vanished from a high school graduation trip to Aruba.

"We do believe in miracles, but we're not going to sugarcoat anything. It doesn't look good after this amount of time," Tim Miller with Texas Equusearch said.

Morris disappeared Labor Day weekend after a night out with friends. Surveillance video from a parking lot at the Shops at Legacy shows her walking to her car around 4 in the morning, but never coming out. Her car was found parked inside.

Miller says he knows what Morris' family is going through.

"My own daughter disappeared -- was gone 17 months and, unfortunately, her body was found along with three other girls," he said. "I made a promise to God and Lord that I'd never leave a family alone."

Miller says he's using every resource possible to find Morris. He's sending out teams on foot, ATV's and horseback. They're concentrating on isolated areas.

He's also planning on flying a drone, and says if breaking the law gives Morris' family a better shot at finding her, it's worth it. He says drone airplanes have already helped him locate the remains of 11 people.   
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #66 on: September 09, 2014, 11:50:19 PM »

https://www.facebook.com/jonni.mcelroy/posts/10203605477451869

Jonni Lee McElroy
Yesterday at 3:11pm ·

Update investigation Discovery show of missing poeple will be here thursday for a 8 day documentary and team search with pi. This will be all filmed and will be aired on a one hour show. We will need everyone that was with Christina Morris, that night or knows her very well yo be apart of it. So I hope every one will be apart of it as I know you will to find her and bring her home. Im prayen that we find her before then. Thank you all again for everything you are doing to help bring my and our baby girl home. Love you all

iluvmua
Scared Monkey

« Reply #67 on: September 10, 2014, 06:18:23 PM »

Star Telegram has a new article out where they mention Christina's Ex boyfriend, Aaron L. Predegrast.

He says that He and Christina moved in together in August 2013 after dating a year but they broke up in October after she started dating Hunter Foster (his best friend).
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #68 on: September 10, 2014, 10:21:13 PM »

Star Telegram has a new article out where they mention Christina's Ex boyfriend, Aaron L. Predegrast.

He says that He and Christina moved in together in August 2013 after dating a year but they broke up in October after she started dating Hunter Foster (his best friend).

I'd read that their breakup was nasty, makes sense.

Thanks iluvmua.

http://www.star-telegram.com/2014/09/09/6106950/group-hopes-to-use-drones-in-search.html

Anna Morris, said her stepdaughter would have told her if she was going to take a spontaneous trip.

“She didn’t hide things,” she said. “She would have let us know for this exact reason.”

Anna Morris said she has helped raise her stepdaughter since she was 3.

“She’s unforgettable,” she said. “She’s a tiny little thing, but she has a huge presence. She’s lively. She’s loved.”

Anna Morris lives with her husband in Allen, where Christina went to Allen High School with her ex-boyfriend Aaron Logan Prendergast.

‘Everyone wants her home’

Prendergast and Morris moved in together in August 2013 after dating for a year, Prendergast said. But they broke up in October when Morris started dating his best friend, who is her current boyfriend.

“They started dating while we were still living together,” Prendergast said.

Plano police have said the current boyfriend is not a suspect.

Prendergast said he has communicated with criminal investigators twice since Morris disappeared and believes that she must have left the parking garage with someone else because her Toyota Celica coupe was still there.

Police said the car shows no sign of foul play.

Morris and her boyfriend live in the 4000 block of Lafayette Avenue near Camp Bowie Boulevard in Fort Worth.

The couple co-owns an urban clothing line called Trust None Street Wear.

Ariel Hammer, a close friend and former roommate of Morris’, said she had an instantaneous bond with Morris when they met four years ago. She said Morris and her boyfriend were just starting to get the word out about their clothing line.

Hammer said she last saw her friend a month ago.

Read more here: http://www.star-telegram.com/2014/09/09/6106950/group-hopes-to-use-drones-in-search.html#storylink=cpy

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #69 on: September 10, 2014, 11:38:50 PM »

Video at the link too...   

http://www.wfaa.com/story/news/local/collin-county/2014/09/09/christina-morris-search-plano-shops-legacy-equusearch-find-missing-woman/15366369/

New team joins search for missing woman
Jobin Panicker, 11:17 p.m. CDT September 9, 2014

At the same time, Christina Morris' boyfriend, Hunter Foster, is a wreck. As he sat down for interviews, clearly overwhelmed by all that is happening, his body was shaking and his voice was cracking.

"I just want her to come home and be alive," he said.

Foster said he regrets not being there early Saturday morning when Morris vanished. She had spent Friday night and early Saturday morning out with her girlfriends. Surveillance images show Morris with a friend walking through a garage at the Shops at Legacy.

"If I would have been there, none of this would have happened," Foster lamented.

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #70 on: September 10, 2014, 11:57:24 PM »

Video here too...scroll down about midways for more of the interview with Hunter Foster.

http://www.nbcdfw.com/news/local/More-Resources-Being-Used-for-Woman-Missing-in-Plano-274682351.html

It's been an emotional whirlwind for friends and family and 23-year-old Christina Morris, the Fort Worth woman now missing for more than a week. Her boyfriend spoke publicly Tuesday for the first time since her disappearance.

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #71 on: September 11, 2014, 10:30:47 AM »

Drone search today.

http://starlocalmedia.com/allenamerican/news/drone-approved-to-aid-in-search-for-christina-morris/article_a70b1336-3890-11e4-a785-001a4bcf887a.html
Drone approved to aid in search for Christina Morris
Texas EquuSearch helps look for missing woman

September 9, 2014, Updated September 10, 2014

Updated [4:20 p.m. Sept. 10]:
Texas EquuSearch director Tim Miller announced that the Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) has approved the use of a drone in the search for Christina Morris.
The drone is en route from Austin, and is scheduled to be launched tomorrow morning, weather permitting.
Storms are expected in the area tonight through Friday, which Miller said may hamper search efforts.

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #72 on: September 11, 2014, 12:11:51 PM »

http://www.wfaa.com/story/news/local/collin-county/2014/09/10/christina-morris-missing-drone-plano-shops-legacy-equusearch/15425191/
Weather delays drone from flying in Plano search
September 11, 2014

Texas Equusearch is preparing to fly unmanned drone aircraft to assist in the search for Christina Morris.(Photo: Jobin Panicker / WFAA)

PLANO — The search for Christina Morris finished another day on Wednesday without any credible leads. Searchers on foot, by horseback and all-terrain vehicles covered nearly 20 square miles in Plano and Allen.

"I can say that we're frustrated, but we're not ready to quit," said Tim Miller of Texas Equusearch.

Morris has now been missing for 12 days. For Anna Morris, the young woman's stepmother, it's too long.

It's Tim Miller's job to think about time, and he knows it's not on his side. But on Wednesday night, an important tool came in — permission from the FAA to use a drone-mounted camera hundreds of feet in the air to help in the search.
"We'll be looking at a lot of photos, and if there's something that seems out of line that shouldn't be there, we'll blow it up and get really good images," Miller explained.

Equusearch is working closely with Plano police.There are tips coming in, but so far it has led to little.

"They get the right lead, we get the right spot, and we can bring some kind of closure to this," Miller said.

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #73 on: September 11, 2014, 12:18:41 PM »

http://texasequusearch.org/2014/09/missing-christina-morris-plano-tx-83014/
MISSING: Christina Morris – Plano, TX (8/30/14)

Posted on 05. Sep, 2014 by Kevin Cotter in Active Cases, Missing Persons
Search Update for Thurs: The active search for 23 year-old Christina Morris will resume at 8:00 a.m. on Thursday – September 11th 2014. The Command Post will be at the “Legacy Church”, located at 4501 Legacy Dr. near Preston Meadow in Plano, Texas 75024. We will be in need of searchers on foot, horse and ATV. If possible; please bring your own food and water. Dress appropriately for weather conditions, and a thick brushy terrain. Your Search Coordinator is Jack Boggess, and his phone number is (713) 826-3869. Thank you for your help. Let’s find Christina.

cw618
Monkey Junky

« Reply #74 on: September 11, 2014, 07:11:29 PM »

i kept wondering about why FAA approval, was needed for the drones, well the
UAV that TE uses are quite sophisticated, the ceiling is 10k feet, that puts it in
aircraft space, info and a video on the   MLB Super Bat, that TE uses, the imgs
and video it takes are amazing

http://mlbuav.com/products-s-bat/
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pxptP988yR0

goodmorn,goodnite, got to go, as always its been wonderful, talking with you, and most of all have a great day, and dont forget to smile
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #75 on: September 11, 2014, 10:25:39 PM »

i kept wondering about why FAA approval, was needed for the drones, well the
UAV that TE uses are quite sophisticated, the ceiling is 10k feet, that puts it in
aircraft space, info and a video on the   MLB Super Bat, that TE uses, the imgs
and video it takes are amazing

http://mlbuav.com/products-s-bat/
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pxptP988yR0

Thanks for researching that, cw.   

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #76 on: September 12, 2014, 06:47:30 AM »

http://www.star-telegram.com/2014/09/08/6103187/mounted-team-joins-search-for.html?rh=1

According to the only Fort Worth police report from her address in the past year, Morris, who lives in the 4000 block of Lafayette Avenue near Camp Bowie Boulevard, reported a theft from her house March 25.

According to the police report, she let a male friend of eight years stay there between 3 a.m. and 3 p.m. Morris told police that her friend had a “drastic personality change” that came out of nowhere and started calling her “Nick” before asking for a shower.

Because she didn’t have water or electricity, a neighbor let him shower at his or her place, but after starting the shower, he took off down the street, the report says. According to the report, Morris returned home to find her purse stolen and her home ransacked. All her belongings were later recovered behind a frame store on Camp Bowie, with the exception of her Social Security card, the report says.

Read more here: http://www.star-telegram.com/2014/09/08/6103187/mounted-team-joins-search-for.html?rh=1#storylink=cpy

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #77 on: September 12, 2014, 08:30:33 AM »

http://www.star-telegram.com/2014/09/08/6103187/mounted-team-joins-search-for.html?rh=1

According to the only Fort Worth police report from her address in the past year, Morris, who lives in the 4000 block of Lafayette Avenue near Camp Bowie Boulevard, reported a theft from her house March 25.

According to the police report, she let a male friend of eight years stay there between 3 a.m. and 3 p.m. Morris told police that her friend had a “drastic personality change” that came out of nowhere and started calling her “Nick” before asking for a shower.

Because she didn’t have water or electricity, a neighbor let him shower at his or her place, but after starting the shower, he took off down the street, the report says. According to the report, Morris returned home to find her purse stolen and her home ransacked. All her belongings were later recovered behind a frame store on Camp Bowie, with the exception of her Social Security card, the report says.

Read more here: http://www.star-telegram.com/2014/09/08/6103187/mounted-team-joins-search-for.html?rh=1#storylink=cpy

That sounds scary as heck!! 

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #78 on: September 13, 2014, 04:10:44 PM »

Where is Christina?

I read about this case every day, in the news, on Facebook, and have discussed it with a few people that are privy to things that I don't see. 

The fact that Natalee Holloway is mentioned in pretty much every article about TES's involvement in this case only makes the uneasy feeling in the pit of my stomach worse. 

My memory is long, Tim Miller. 

I'd really like to know how Investigation Discovery got involved here.  If TES is working closely with LE (as I assume they are), how will a film crew's presence affect this ACTIVE investigation and search for evidence in Christina's disappearance?

The tireless efforts of the countless caring volunteers that make up TES are awe inspiring.  But any case that features Tim Miller riding in with talk about breaking the law if necessary and initial searches coinciding with the arrival of a film crew will set my hinky meter off.  I semi followed the drone controversy from the beginning, and based on my knowledge of it found Tim's portrayal of the whole thing in relation to this case purposely melodramatic. 

http://www.faa.gov/news/press_releases/news_story.cfm?newsId=16674

The agency approves emergency Certificates of Authorization (COAs) for natural disaster relief, search and rescue operations and other urgent circumstances, sometimes in a matter of hours.

http://www.planelyspokenblog.com/2014/09/uas-texas-equusearch-chapter-2/

Texas Equusearch had applied for and received a COA to conduct a search and rescue operation for a missing woman.  The COA applies from September 11, 2014 through sunset on September 15.  According to the statement, the FAA granted the COA in less than 24 hours, as they had originally told Texas Equusearch they would do if an emergency existed.

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/christina-morris-faa-approves-drone-to-search-for-missing-girl/

The FAA says the emergency waiver was issued Wednesday after the Plano police department requested it under the FAA's normal exemption process.

Other things I've seen and have heard are being instructed bother me too.  Every person willing and able to search in a responsible manner should be searching for Christina IMO.  It has been two weeks. 

I don't care how it's done or who does it, I just hope Christina is found!

JMO

https://www.facebook.com/sarahle23/posts/10101675892444993

Sarah Estes
September 9 at 9:08pm ·

IMPORTANT!
EquuSearch has requested that we DO NOT discuss areas we've searched or areas that we plan to search online. If you would like to help, please check in at the command center at Legacy Church first. In order to be as productive and coordinated as possible, they ask that we not do any more independent searches. Thank you all for your help!

http://www.wfaa.com/story/news/local/collin-county/2014/09/09/christina-morris-search-plano-shops-legacy-equusearch-find-missing-woman/15366369/

New team joins search for missing woman
Jobin Panicker, 11:17 p.m. CDT September 9, 2014

"My biggest hope is we don't have to be here tomorrow...my biggest hope," Miller said on Tuesday afternoon.

Hope is renewed as another group and more volunteers step in. When News 8 asked how long the group will continue to search, Miller said, "We're in for the long haul."

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #79 on: September 13, 2014, 04:32:24 PM »

https://www.facebook.com/PlanoTexasPoliceDepartment/photos/a.377449372328597.86275.356304107776457/725645930842271/?type=1

Plano Texas Police Department
September 11
The investigation into the disappearance of Christina Morris continues.

We want to start off by saying “thank you” to everyone who has taken and continue to take part in the search efforts of Christina Morris. Your devotion to help us find Christina is appreciated more than you know. We continue receiving tips and are following up on them each and every day. Please keep the family and all those involved in the search for Christina in your thoughts and prayers.

The revelation of our success is that we never give up!

Kristen Wingfield @plano police... The community in Plano is tight nit. We are all working to bring Christina home. But, we need an update... A sign of hope, something to keep us moving on. We all are invested in this but as time goes on and no updates, people are giving up.
14 hours ago

Plano Texas Police Department Kristen, unfortunately we don't have any updates. We do not know where she is and that is the reason we need everyone's help in locating her. Trust me, if we had any indication of her whereabouts, we would not be letting these search efforts take place. I don't get all the most recent updates so keep an eye on the Find Christina Facebook page or the Texas Equuseach website for those.
    10 hours ago

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.