March 28, 2024, 10:51:37 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Christina Marie Morris 23 yo, Last Seen 3:00 a.m. 8/30/14 in Plano, TX REMAINS FOUND  (Read 176162 times)
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

ARUBA: It's all about Natalee...we won't give up!

« Reply #240 on: January 15, 2015, 05:41:07 PM »

I stand with the girl, Natalee Holloway.

"I can look back over the past 10 years and there were no steps wasted, and there are no regrets,'' she said. "I did all I knew to do and I think that gives me greater peace now." "I've lived every parent's worst nightmare and I'm the parent that nobody wants to be," she said.

Beth Holloway, 2015 interview with Greta van Susteren
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #241 on: January 15, 2015, 06:14:12 PM »

http://www.wfaa.com/story/news/crime/2015/01/15/enrique-arochi-court-bond-reduction-christina-morris/21801797/

Judge denies bond reduction for Enrique Arochi
WFAA 4:14 p.m. CST January 15, 2015

COLLIN COUNTY -- The man charged with kidnapping in the disappearance of Christina Morris had his request for a bond reduction denied during a probable cause hearing Thursday.

"Justice is finally being served," said Jonni McElroy, Morris' mother. "Hallelujah."

Plano police arrested Enrique Arochi, 24, in December and charged him with aggravated kidnapping related to the disappearance of Morris, 22. She hasn't been seen or heard from since Aug. 30.

Arochi, an Allen High School acquaintance of Morris, was last seen with her on surveillance video as the two walked to their cars at the Shops at Legacy in Plano. They had been hanging out at a mutual friend's apartment.

Police found Morris' DNA inside the trunk of Arochi's car, although he denies any involvement into her disappearance. Police say kidnapping charges were brought against him due to the physical evidence, as well inconsistencies in his accounts to police.

A packed courtroom watched taped interviews of Arochi by Plano detectives from the time of Morris' disappearance.

The videos shows Arochi telling officers that he had 10 shots, five or six beers, and smoked a bowl of weed that night. He wasn't sure if Morris drank any alcohol. Arochi said he was so trashed that night, he doesn't remember walking to the parking lot with Morris.

"Those parking lots look the same to me, especially when you're drunk," he said.

Arochi is also heard laughing on the tape when police asked him about the injuries on his arm, saying he punched his car.

Arochi didn't want to hand his phone over to police during the interview, telling them he had private pictures and confidential work e-mails on it. He also refused to let police search his car when asked the first time because he said he had work meetings from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.

"I'm a good guy, like I said, I don't get speeding tickets," Arochi is heard telling police.

Morris' family sat inside the courtroom during the hearing. Christina Morris' mother spoke to reporters outside.

"I want answers. I don't want answers tomorrow, I want my daughter home. I've had enough," McElroy said.

"I can look back over the past 10 years and there were no steps wasted, and there are no regrets,'' she said. "I did all I knew to do and I think that gives me greater peace now." "I've lived every parent's worst nightmare and I'm the parent that nobody wants to be," she said.

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #242 on: January 15, 2015, 07:03:55 PM »

https://twitter.com/jonnimcElroy/status/545583404494757888/photo/1

https://twitter.com/jonnimcElroy/status/554799338111500288/photo/1

Jonni Lee McElory
‏@jonnimcElroy

Taken 2 weeks before Christina, was kidnapped . I miss that beautiful smile so much. We will find u my love

4:37 PM - 12 Jan 2015

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #243 on: January 15, 2015, 07:13:16 PM »

https://twitter.com/jonnimcElroy/status/545584108588367873/photo/1

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #244 on: January 16, 2015, 07:21:55 AM »

http://starlocalmedia.com/allenamerican/news/judge-denies-bond-reduction-for-man-charged-with-kidnapping-christina/article_1793280c-9d2f-11e4-94a7-ff06623ae6a4.html

Judge denies bond reduction for man charged with kidnapping Christina Morris
Details in case against Arochi revealed at hearing

Posted: Thursday, January 15, 2015 9:23 pm | Updated: 9:49 pm, Thu Jan 15, 2015.

Posted on Jan 15, 2015 by Brittany Feagans

Thursday was a bittersweet day for the loved ones of Christina Morris, as Judge Ben Smith denied a bond reduction for Enrique Arochi after disturbing details emerged that indicate the missing woman is likely dead.

During her testimony, Detective Cathy Stamm said forensics determined that a substantial amount of Christina’s DNA was found on the trunk mat of Arochi’s 2010 Chevrolet Camaro. The warrant for Arochi’s Dec. 13 arrest mentioned that Christina’s DNA was also found on the interior rubber seal in the trunk opening.

Rick Staub, Plano PD Crime Scene Investigation manager, testified that criminalists used a forensic tool called Blue Star to test for blood in Arochi’s vehicle. When the substance was sprayed in the trunk, two spots “luminesced faintly,” which Staub said indicated the presence of blood.

“It certainly would be consistent with a bodily injury due to the large quantity of her DNA,” he said.

According to its website, Blue Star is considered “the most effective blood revealer available on the market.” Stamm testified that it appeared a cleaning agent had been used on the mat, which is still undergoing tests at the lab.

Staub said the sample taken from the trunk lining contained a mixture of DNA of Christina and at least one other person. Since authorities did not have a DNA sample from Arochi prior to his arrest, they did not compare it to him at the time.

Lead Detective Robyn Busby described the injuries she witnessed on Arochi’s hands and right forearm during interviews just days after Christina’s disappearance. In a Sept. 3 interview, Arochi told detectives he sustained the injuries while rotating his tires and peeling paint off the rims of his tires. The search warrant affidavit indicated that his story did not match the injuries.

“It’s just lie after lie after lie,” said Jonni McElroy, the missing woman’s mother. “There’s no conscience there. I’ve never seen anybody in my entire life lie just consistently, at ease like it’s nothing. It baffles me. There’s nothing credible about anything that he says.”

Detectives agreed, discussing several inconsistencies in Arochi’s story about what transpired in the early hours of Aug. 30.
When Lisa King, prosecutor for the felony trial division, asked Stamm if she believes Arochi kidnapped and killed Christina, she answered, “Absolutely.”

“I think the hardest part is knowing there’s a lot more DNA than we thought was in the car,” McElroy said after the hearing. “I won’t believe it until I have proof, but [detectives] are so sure [she is not alive], and that’s what’s so hard. I didn’t know it was enough DNA that my daughter could not be alive anymore.”

Several hours into the hearing, Judge Smith interrupted Staub mid-testimony and said there was enough probable cause to charge Arochi with aggravated kidnapping.

“Justice has started to be served – hallelujah,” McElroy said after the hearing. “His family is aware now that this is no joke. [Enrique] committed a crime, and Christina is still out there missing. He needs to just do the right thing and tell us where she is. His family doesn’t deserve this either. I want him to do the right thing and tell us where she is. Let’s all begin to heal.”

About 50 people packed the courtroom in support of Christina; Arochi’s family occupied the front left row. Mark Morris, Christina’s father, shook his head as Arochi, shackled and in a green jumpsuit, was led into the courtroom.

“This is the hardest thing I’ve ever done in my entire life, to look at the back of [Enrique’s] head and see his family next to me and know that he has caused the most tremendous pain I’ve ever been through,” McElroy said through tears. “I mean, when is enough, enough? I want him to tell the truth for once and end this misery and pain. God will forgive him, but Enrique has to forgive himself and tell the truth so we can all move on and heal.”

“We feel really good that his bond wasn’t reduced,” said Anna Morris, Christina’s stepmother. “We feel like he’s where he belongs. He needs to remain in jail. We need to find Christina, and he needs to tell us everything before I think any concessions need to be made for him.”

While the hearing was a success in the eyes of the Morris family, they still don’t have an answer to the question they’ve been asking for more than four months: Where is Christina?

“I miss her more than anything in the world,” McElroy said. “We want her home. We do not deserve this. I don’t want answers tomorrow, I don’t want answers the next day – I want answers today. I want my daughter home. I’ve had enough.

“Our daughter is still missing, and he’s still sitting getting three meals a day. He gets to have visitations from his parents, his brother. We don’t have visitations from our daughter. She doesn’t get three nice meals from us. We don’t get to hug her. We don’t get to tell her we love her. We do in our prayers, and we know that she hears us. We still don’t have the answer to where she is, but her voice was definitely heard, and justice is starting to be served.”

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #245 on: January 16, 2015, 09:10:05 PM »

http://starlocalmedia.com/allenamerican/news/from-the-courtroom-arochi-probable-cause-hearing-notes/article_14dd4862-9de4-11e4-b48e-5765cf2b7e65.html

From the courtroom: Arochi probable cause hearing notes

Posted: Friday, January 16, 2015 6:59 pm

Posted on Jan 16, 2015by Brittany Feagans

Several witnesses were brought to the stand during the hearing, which lasted about seven hours. Notes from their testimonies are as follows:

Cathy Stamm, Plano PD detective

Arochi signed consent forms to allow detectives to search his vehicle on Sept. 3. Stamm noticed multiple cellphones in car. She asked for consent to look through the phones, which Arochi denied.

Officer Aaron Benzick obtained video surveillance footage from a bank ATM that showed Arochi’s car leaving the parking garage.

One phone call and two texts were sent from Arochi’s phone to Hunter Foster. One text stated, “Could I get some of that good rock.” Stamm said this suggests cocaine and believes Foster could supply this drug.

Foster contacted Arochi days later, asking about Morris. Detectives found no previous contact between Foster and Arochi.

Stamm estimates it’s about a 10-minute walk from Paulina Petrosky’s apartment to the parking garage. It’s believed they walked down Parkwood Boulevard and turned left onto Legacy Drive.

Benzick pulled video from two businesses, nothing unusual about walk to parking garage.

On Sept. 4, Arochi returned with his parents for a third interview.

Video equipment does not record all parts of interior of parking garage.

“Much more than just touch DNA” found on trunk mat inside Arochi’s Camaro. Stamm said this indicates the presence of a bodily fluid.

Both sides of the front of Arochi’s car were dented, the passenger’s side more severely.

Stamm said Arochi had an injury and bruise to his right thumb and scratches, a bruise and slight swelling on his right interior forearm, which she believes came from a scuffle or fight.

Stamm said the entire trunk mat was sent to the lab, where it remains. She said it appears that a cleaning agent had been used on the mat found inside the trunk. “I can tell just by looking at it that there’s some kind of fluid or stain on the mat.” Criminalists did not find Morris’ DNA inside the interior of Arochi’s car, despite several swabs being taken from the passenger side of the vehicle and the interior door.

Stamm said the most probable thing that happened was an altercation in the garage lead to Morris in the trunk. Stamm testified that she does not believe Christina voluntarily got in the trunk.

Recorded interviews between Arochi and Stamm on 9/3 and 9/4

Arochi tells Stamm he went to Petrosky’s between 10-11 p.m. and parked by her apartment, then drove by himself to the bars, parking in the Blue Martini parking garage. He said the group of nine went to Henry’s Tavern, then headed to Scruffy Duffies between 12:30-1 a.m.

Arochi tells Stamm they left Scruffy Duffies just before 2 a.m. and headed back to Petrosky’s to retrieve her car and go to Whataburger with Sabrina Boss and Petrosky. First, Arochi said Morris and Steven Nickerson were waiting for them back at Petrosky’s, but then he said they arrived after they started eating their fast food at the apartment.

Arochi initially tells Stamm he and Morris parted ways when they reached the end of the apartment complexes near Legacy Drive.

He said they did not cross Legacy together.

Arochi said Morris asked for an Adderall, which Petrosky gave her before going to the bars.

Arochi denied smoking weed or hitting on Morris, saying he had a girlfriend of five years.

Arochi said he knew Foster because he saw him several months ago at the hospital where their mutual friend, Jordan Brown, died.

When Stamm asked Arochi what he was doing while they walked to their cars, he told her he was talking to his girlfriend and that he told his girlfriend he was at his house, as he always did when he went out. He said his girlfriend can’t go out due to her strict religion, so he lied when he went out.

Arochi said when he returned home he found his brother, Carlos, passed out on the couch so he woke him up and told him to go to bed. His parents were out of town.

Arochi said he was texting his girlfriend while walking to the garage, but when Stamm asked to see the texts he could not produce them. His explanation was that after a certain amount of texts his phone deletes them. He said he “didn’t even have texts from Aug. 25” – the day he’s accused of stealing the phone he was using from the Sprint store he worked at. Arochi said his girlfriend was sleeping, but he continued to text her and give her updates.

Arochi said he was wearing jeans and a black button up shirt. He said Morris was wearing the same clothes she had on at the bar, contradicting Petrosky’s report that she had changed clothes.

Arochi said he walked back to Petrosky’s after Scruffy Duffies, then said he didn’t think he walked there. He said he drank more than he admitted but didn’t want to get in trouble.

Arochi said he left Petrosky’s by 2:30 a.m. and returned to his Allen home by 3 a.m.

Arochi said “we talked five words that night, if that,” of his conversation with Morris.

Arochi said Morris seemed tipsy, but was OK to drive.

Arochi said he was rotating his tires and peeling black paint off his rims when he injured his thumb and received scratches. A professional photographer is seen taking photos of Arochi’s injuries after he gives consent.

Arochi said he would show detectives texts and calls, but that he did not want them to “image” his phone due to confidential work emails and private photos.

Arochi said he’s a good guy, doesn’t even get speeding tickets, but has gone to jail in the past for theft. He said he’s in the U.S. on a work permit that’s reviewed every two years.

On Sept. 4, Stamm said she saw paraphernalia in the car that looked like Arochi smoked weed. He admitted this, and admitted to smoking a bowl before going to Petrosky’s on Aug. 29.

When presented with a photo showing his car leaving the Henry’s Tavern parking garage, Arochi said he thinks all the parking garages look the same, especially when he’s drunk. He said “It was just a blurry night. … I’m really distracted all the time. … I really don’t remember at all. When I mix drinks I black out all the time.”

Arochi said he takes Adderall whenever he feels like he needs it. Stamm said she believes everyone in that group of friends abuses Adderall, and that mixing the drug with alcohol can be deadly.

No text messages from Aug. 28-31 were found on Arochi’s phone. He said he “doesn’t text a lot of people,” after initially telling Stamm he texted his girlfriend all the time. Prosecutor Lisa King said, “Magically during that time period all those texts were gone.”

When Stamm asked if detectives could process his car on Sept. 4, he said “not tonight” because he had a work meeting from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. the next day. Stamm convinced him to return home and get his car, and it was processed that night and returned.

Robyn Busby, Plano PD lead detective

Cell tower locations indicate Foster was in Dallas the night of the incident. These records do not show him coming into the Plano area.

Arochi’s girlfriend, Rand, was interviewed around Sept. 10. She said prior to that she did not know Arochi had been out on Aug. 29 at the Shops at Legacy. She initially declined the detectives’ request to do an extraction of her phone records, but did allow them to view some messages. She recently allowed detectives to perform an extraction.

Phone records indicate contact between Arochi and his girlfriend between 9-10 p.m. in which he told her he had a headache and was going to bed. There was no communication found between the two of them later that night or early in the morning Aug. 30.

Arochi clocked in at 10:51 a.m. on Aug. 30. He was scheduled to work at 8 a.m. Video from the Sprint store had already been written over by the time detectives asked for it. This was standard for the surveillance video.

The last record of Morris’ phone being used was at 3:45 a.m. on Aug. 30. There had been several calls and texts earlier in the evening/morning to Foster, Petrosky, Nickerson and Logan Prendergast, her ex-boyfriend.

Morris was supposed to contact Nickerson when she safely made it to her car. When Nickerson tried to follow up with her several minutes after their 3:43 a.m. phone conversation, he noticed the messages were no longer blue, indicating either her phone was off or she was no longer on iChat.

Busby said there were a few items in Arochi’s car when it was first looked at, but no clutter. The floorboard area of the front passenger’s side had obvious vacuum patterns. At first glance, nothing unusual was noted about the trunk.

Computers were taken from the Arochi home during the search warrant execution on Dec. 13.

Arochi’s cellphone, wiped of data, was determined to be the phone used at the time of the offense and the same phone that was stolen from Sprint.

Rick Staub, Plano PD Crime Scene Investigation manager

24 years of experience as a lab director with a PhD in genetics.

DNA was sent to Virginia-based Bode Technology Group and the University of North Texas.

Morris’ DNA profile was developed at UNT using a soda can from her vehicle and samples from her biological parents.

Criminalists used Blue Star to locate two spots indicating the presence of blood in the trunk. The samples contained a mixture of Morris’ DNA and at least one other person. They did not have Arochi’s DNA at the time to compare.

Frederick Sims, immigration enforcement agent

Arochi’s family brought him to the U.S. as a child. He has a work visa and is permitted to remain here in the U.S.

Immigration detainers are placed on individuals that are believed to be in the U.S. illegally or who have violated their status.

If Arochi posts bond, he would be taken into custody on the immigration detainer, but since he doesn’t have a criminal conviction as this time, he would likely be released the same day.

Curtis Howard, Plano PD legal advisor

Investigation is ongoing.

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #246 on: January 19, 2015, 08:47:20 PM »

https://twitter.com/DiscoveryID/status/553025863869288448

DiscoveryID ‏@DiscoveryID  Jan 7
Christina and her father, Mark Morris. #Disappeared

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #247 on: January 31, 2015, 08:31:59 AM »

http://youtu.be/v3UPH29oyDg

Published on Jan 30, 2015

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/v3UPH29oyDg" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/v/v3UPH29oyDg</a>

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #248 on: January 31, 2015, 08:45:55 AM »

http://www.wfaa.com/story/news/local/collin-county/2015/01/30/christina-morris-search-five-months-jonni-mcelroy/22632127/

Morris' mom: 'If she's not with us, let me bury her'
Jobin Panicker, WFAA 11:25 p.m. CST January 30, 2015

Christina Morris' stepmom returned to North Texas as the search for Christina hit five months.

Jonni McElroy never thought she would have to wait this long for answers.

Friday marked five months since her daughter, Christina Morris, went missing.

On Friday night, 75 family and friends congregated outside the Collin County Jail where Christina's accused kidnapper, Enrique Arochi, sits.

The family hopes their light and their message reaches behind the barbed wire and inside the jail walls.

McElroy believes Arochi is not telling the complete story.

"I need her back or answers, whatever the outcome is… We need peace," she said.

The return to Texas means more time to search and more time to plan. McElroy says that after Christina, everything else is second.

"If she's not with us anymore let me bury her. She deserves that…plain and simple," the mom said.

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #249 on: February 10, 2015, 08:14:16 AM »

"...crossed the line..."  Enrique crossed the line.  Where is Christina? 

http://www.wfaa.com/story/news/crime/2015/02/09/team-christina-wont-relent-in-pursuit-of-answers/23156131/
'Team Christina' won't relent in pursuit of answers
February 9, 2015

In their exhaustive search for truth, you could easily describe Team Christina as "daring."

"It won't stop until we see justice or get answers," said Jonni McElroy, the mother of Christina Morris, the Fort Worth woman who has been missing since August 30.

Nearly a dozen family and friends stood outside Enrique Arochi's home on Monday evening. Arochi is accused of kidnapping Morris. It's been more than five months now, and no trace of her has been found.

"We're not doing anything illegal. We're not on their property," said Christina's frustrated father, Mark Morris. "All we're urging them is to speak to Enrique."

It was a quiet protest. Team Christina is hoping their signs showing Christina's face make a bigger statement.

But attorney Keith Gore, who represents Enrique Arochi, says while the protest is legal, it still crosses the line. 

"Their stated objective is, 'Let's make the Arochis talk.' Well, the Arochis don't know anything," Gore said. 

Gore told News 8 that Arochi's family feels tormented. He says his client, Enrique Arochi, is bothered by what his family faces.

"They've already sentenced him and they want to execute him," Gore said. "What we want is due process and a chance to be heard."

Christina Morris' family says their efforts will not stop. Hers is a family desperate for answers, and desperate in their actions.

"I understand it's unpleasant for them, and — trust me — it's really unpleasant for us, too," said Christina's stepmother Anna Morris. "It's the last thing we want to be doing."

All Keith Gore cares about is giving Enrique Arochi a fair trial. He says the constant barrage makes that harder and harder.

"It's almost guaranteeing this case will not be tried in Collin County," the attorney said.

A grand jury decision in Arochi's case should be coming soon.

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #250 on: March 02, 2015, 07:44:15 PM »

http://dfw.cbslocal.com/2015/03/02/suspect-in-christina-morris-case-charged-with-sex-assault-of-a-child/

Local
Suspect In Christina Morris Case Charged With Sex Assault Of A Child
March 2, 2015 5:40 PM

J.D. Miles

PLANO (CBSDFW.COM) - Enrique Arochi, the primary suspect in the disappearance of a Fort Worth woman, is facing new charges. 

Arochi has been charged with sexual assault of a child.

Arochi is already charged with aggravated kidnapping charges following Morris’ disappearance.   

While he remains jailed on charges related to the disappearance of Christina Morris, police have charged Arochi with sexual assault of a child, which is a second degree felony.  Allen police investigated the case.  The charge comes with a $100,000 bond.  His bond remains at $1,000,000 for the aggravated kidnapping charge, despite an attempt by his lawyers to have his bond reduced in January.

Morris has still not been located.

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #251 on: March 02, 2015, 07:50:53 PM »

http://www.nbcdfw.com/news/local/Suspect-in-Christina-Morris-Case-Faces-Child-Sex-Charge-294744561.html

Suspect in Christina Morris Case Faces Child Sex Charge

Updated 2 hours ago

Enrique Gutierrez Arochi, 24, has been jailed in Collin County since Dec. 13 when authorities in Plano charged him with aggravated kidnapping in the case of Morris, who remains missing.

Now, Allen police have charged Arochi with second-degree felony sexual assault of a child, but they are not releasing any further information on that case. It is scheduled to be presented to the Collin County grand jury at noon Thursday.

Arochi also faces a theft charge in Wylie.

Green Eyes
Monkey Mega Star

Happy Spring

« Reply #252 on: March 02, 2015, 10:42:40 PM »

http://www.nbcdfw.com/news/local/Suspect-in-Christina-Morris-Case-Faces-Child-Sex-Charge-294744561.html

Updated 2 hours ago

Enrique Gutierrez Arochi, 24, has been jailed in Collin County since Dec. 13 when authorities in Plano charged him with aggravated kidnapping in the case of Morris, who remains missing.

Now, Allen police have charged Arochi with second-degree felony sexual assault of a child, but they are not releasing any further information on that case. It is scheduled to be presented to the Collin County grand jury at noon Thursday.

We knew he was a sick SOB, but this is beyond being a sicko he is a nasty evil SOB. Makes me sick.  Thanks Texasmom for keeping us up dated.

GOD BLESS AMERICA
Amys Sister
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #253 on: March 02, 2015, 11:49:39 PM »

Updated 2 hours ago

Regarding felony sexual assault of a child in Texas: The victim must have been between 14 and 16 years old.  Physical violence must have been used or threatened or the victim in some way unable to resist or mentally deficient so as unable to appreciate the nature of the act.

http://statelaws.findlaw.com/texas-law/texas-sexual-assault-laws.html
Amys Sister
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #254 on: March 02, 2015, 11:58:07 PM »

Arochi is 24 years old at this time.  We do not know what age he was at the time of the assault.  There is no statute of limitations in Texas for sex assault so we are unable to pin down when the sex assault occurred however it is widely known that offenders escalate in predatory behavior.

The dents in the car, the injuries to Arochi, and his weary demeanor the following morning after Christina disappeared make me believe this little gal put up the fight of her life and hurt this P.O.S. and his car before he killed her.  She made sure there was evidence so he would be tried and convicted.

Good job, Christina!  May you fly with the angels, pretty lady.

an angelic monkey an angelic monkey an angelic monkey
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #255 on: March 03, 2015, 11:18:11 PM »

http://www.wfaa.com/story/news/crime/2015/03/02/more-charges-for-plano-kidnapping-suspect/24287037/

Arochi sexual assault charge involves underage girlfriend
WFAA 1:56 p.m. CST March 3, 2015

ALLEN -- Enrique Arochi, who was arrested in December in connection with the disappearance of Christina Morris, is now facing another very serious charge involving an underage ex-girlfriend.

Allen police say Arochi is accused of child sexual assault. An arrest warrant states the alleged victim is a 16-year-old who Arochi dated between October 2012 and February 2013. He was 22 at the time.

The warrant says the couple met while working together and dated for about six months. The victim says Arochi originally told her he was 19 years old and told his parents she was 17. She told police that during that six months, she spent the night at Arochi's parents house on several occasions and had sex with him at least 15 times.

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #256 on: March 10, 2015, 06:03:31 PM »

http://www.wfaa.com/story/news/crime/2015/03/10/grand-jury-indicts-arochi-in-christina-morris-case/24724015/
Grand jury indicts Arochi in Christina Morris case
March 10, 2015

A Collin County grand jury has indicted Enrique Arochi on an aggravated kidnapping charge in connection with the August 30 disappearance of Christina Morris.

The grand jury also indicted Arochi on a separate charge of the sexual assault of a child involving an underage girlfriend, a second-degree felony.

Plano police identified Arochi as the last person known to have been with Morris as she was seen on a surveillance video in the garage of the Shops at Legacy last August. Her whereabouts remain a mystery.

Before he was arrested, Arochi maintained his innocence in a November 2014 interview with WFAA.

Arochi was arrested on December 13 and is being held at the Collin County jail on bond totalling $1.11 million. He will be 25 years old on Thursday.

Photos at link

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
Green Eyes
Monkey Mega Star

Happy Spring

« Reply #257 on: March 10, 2015, 06:30:35 PM »

It's about time they finely indicted Anoch. Took them long enough. I wish he would just tell them what he did with Christina.

GOD BLESS AMERICA
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #258 on: March 10, 2015, 09:59:15 PM »

It's about time they finely indicted Anoch. Took them long enough. I wish he would just tell them what he did with Christina.

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #259 on: April 29, 2015, 05:04:51 PM »

http://www.wfaa.com/story/news/crime/2015/04/29/court-date-set-for-november-for-enrique-arochi-trial/26577631/
Enrique Arochi trial set for November
April 29, 2015

Enrique Arochi is the man last seen with Christina Morris.
(Photo: WFAA)

Thursday marks eight months since the 23-year-old vanished. It'll be another seven months before Arochi learns his fate. His aggravated kidnapping trial begins Nov. 30 and is expected to last two weeks.

There was a lot of debate about whether Arochi can get a fair trial in McKinney. The defense team originally asked for a gag order so the media hype dies down, but prosecutors quickly fired back -- saying that would stifle the investigation.

The judge gave a stern warning: What is said about this case may move it to another city and that's something he doesn't want happening.

Morris' mother says all she wants is to see justice served and to do what's right.

"My main purpose is just to make sure, of course, he does get a fair trial, and Christina gets a fair trial. I want to, as her mother, be that good representation for her and do the right thing, and if that means keeping the mouth zipped for right now then so be it. I don't have a problem with it," Jonni McElroy said.

McElroy sat just a few feet away from Arochi in court. He was shackled, sometimes rocking in his chair, but showed no emotion as the defense laid out new evidence being tested that may be relevant in this case.

Some hairs were discovered inside a shop vacuum. They've been sorted but not tested.

Meanwhile, to honor Christina, friends and family will be releasing purple balloons at 7 p.m. Thursday at Allen's Celebration Park.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.