March 28, 2024, 05:56:08 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Christina Marie Morris 23 yo, Last Seen 3:00 a.m. 8/30/14 in Plano, TX REMAINS FOUND  (Read 176149 times)
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #260 on: April 29, 2015, 05:06:23 PM »

http://www.wfaa.com/story/news/crime/2015/04/29/court-date-set-for-november-for-enrique-arochi-trial/26577631/

Christina Morris went missing on August 30 (Photo: Morris family)

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

ARUBA: It's all about Natalee...we won't give up!

« Reply #261 on: August 30, 2015, 01:46:36 PM »

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10206016735291808&set=a.10202979454401684.1073741827.1663807116&type=1

Jonni Lee McElroy

Good morning Sunshine, my beautiful Christina, the love of my life. Where do I begin this morning. I have so much to say and my emotions are all over the place. I don't even think I can even put it into words. So this is what I choose to tell you this morning. I choose to not let this one year mark of today destroy me inside and out. Im going to remember our beautiful Mother and Daughter bond we have and embrace all our wonderful memories we have made and shared. I choose to focus on how Beautiful you are, how your strength amazes me, how your smile lights me up inside, how your hugs make me feel so warmed and lived, how you hold my hand life no one else ever does, how are talks and laughs went on forever. I choose to know no matter when and where we reunite we will have all those times again. Until then giving up will never be a option and Mommy will always love you the mostest. Xoxoxo
3 hrs

I stand with the girl, Natalee Holloway.

"I can look back over the past 10 years and there were no steps wasted, and there are no regrets,'' she said. "I did all I knew to do and I think that gives me greater peace now." "I've lived every parent's worst nightmare and I'm the parent that nobody wants to be," she said.

Beth Holloway, 2015 interview with Greta van Susteren
KarmaRoundUp
Monkey Junky

Angels Are True

« Reply #262 on: August 30, 2015, 02:14:23 PM »

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10206016735291808&set=a.10202979454401684.1073741827.1663807116&type=1

Jonni Lee McElroy

Good morning Sunshine, my beautiful Christina, the love of my life. Where do I begin this morning. I have so much to say and my emotions are all over the place. I don't even think I can even put it into words. So this is what I choose to tell you this morning. I choose to not let this one year mark of today destroy me inside and out. Im going to remember our beautiful Mother and Daughter bond we have and embrace all our wonderful memories we have made and shared. I choose to focus on how Beautiful you are, how your strength amazes me, how your smile lights me up inside, how your hugs make me feel so warmed and lived, how you hold my hand life no one else ever does, how are talks and laughs went on forever. I choose to know no matter when and where we reunite we will have all those times again. Until then giving up will never be a option and Mommy will always love you the mostest. Xoxoxo
3 hrs
an angelic monkey

Karma Is Coming

Justice for Natalee Holloway!

Rest In Peace Sweet Angels

Help Light Lindsey's Way Home
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #263 on: August 30, 2015, 02:33:06 PM »

http://www.wfaa.com/story/news/local/collin-county/2015/08/30/one-year-search-continues-christina-morris-missing-enrique-arochi-plano-anna-morris/71419348/
One year on: Search continues for Christina Morris
August 30, 2015

Christina Morris, 23, was last observed in a haunting surveillance video, walking up a ramp in the garage of a Plano shopping center in the predawn hours of August 30, 2014. She was accompanied by a man later identified as Enrique Arochi, a high school acquaintance.

There has been no trace of Morris in the 12 months that followed, despite police investigations and an exhaustive effort by friends and family members to find her.

More than a month after Christina Morris disappeared, Plano police named Arochi as a suspect for interfering with their investigation. He was arrested on December 13 and charged with aggravated kidnapping. His arrest was partly based on DNA samples taken during the investigation. A search warrant affidavit said there was evidence that Morris had been forced inside the trunk of Arochi's car.
He has maintained his innocence.

"I feel they are wasting their time on me when they can be looking at somebody else that is actually the suspect, or the person that actually did it," Arochi told WFAA in an interview before he was arrested.

"We have believed — almost from the onset — that at the very least, [Arochi]  knows something... he has to," Anna Morris said. "We've begged and pleaded with him, his family —  anyone we can talk to — to just let us know where she is. We don't really care about the rest... we just want her to come home."

Arochi's trial has been set for November 30.

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
Green Eyes
Monkey Mega Star

Happy Spring

« Reply #264 on: September 18, 2015, 02:59:41 PM »

New evidence found in Christina Morris Case

http://www.fox4news.com/news/21327761-story

Police arrested Arochi on kidnapping charges after they say Morris’ DNA was found in the trunk of his car.

During a pre-trial hearing Friday morning, prosecutors said they found new fibers in an HVAC.

The trial was scheduled to begin in November, but now may be delayed a bit because of the new evidence.

GOD BLESS AMERICA
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #265 on: September 18, 2015, 05:56:37 PM »

Thanks GE!   

http://www.wfaa.com/story/news/2015/09/18/kidnapping-disappearance-evidence-dna-trial/72405206/

Testing new DNA evidence could delay Arochi trial
Carla Wade, WFAA 1:15 p.m. CDT September 18, 2015

COLLIN COUNTY -- Newly discovered evidence could delay the trial for the man accused in the disappearance of Christina Morris, her mother said Friday.

"Most likely 100 percent the trial won't be happening in November," said Jonni McElroy after a pre-trial hearing at the Collin County Courthouse in McKinney.

McElroy was in the courtroom along with other family members when prosecutors announced more evidence had been found this week. Prosecutors said more hairs had turned up in the contents of a shop vacuum. Those hairs will be sent to a lab at the University of North Texas in Denton next week, but DNA testing on the hair could take up to 12 weeks making it likely that Arochi's trial will not start on Nov. 30 as scheduled.

"We want this over as soon as possible," said McElroy. "But then we also want to make sure that justice is served up 100 percent."

"I can look back over the past 10 years and there were no steps wasted, and there are no regrets,'' she said. "I did all I knew to do and I think that gives me greater peace now." "I've lived every parent's worst nightmare and I'm the parent that nobody wants to be," she said.

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #266 on: March 01, 2016, 09:32:47 PM »

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10207065721795815&set=a.10202979454401684.1073741827.1663807116&type=3

Jonni Lee McElroy
12 hrs ·
Still Missing from our sight , But not our hearts. A long 18 months has past since we have been graced with your Beautiful presence, the most enjoyable sound our ears are blessed to hear, that's your laughter of your sweet voice, the ray of sunshine that beams with so much light when you smile, the warmth of your hugs wrapped around us on a cold day. The burst of energy that runs through our veins from your positive attitude and outlook in life when you share your thoughts with us. You are simply missed in every way is what me your Mom, is trying to say. I feel your heart beat next to mine when mine beats, I feel your soft touch when I hold my hand out to reach for yours, I still hear your laughter when I have those quite moments and remember or memories that we have shared as Mother and Daughter. I still pick out clothes that remind me of you when I shop. I still buy your favorite food when I go out to eat our grocery shop. You see the beautiful thing about memories is no one can ever take that from me. You are my strength , you are my first love, you are why I will keep living, you are why I am the women I am today. You are the reason why I will always live and breath these words. Giving up is not an option. You are my inspiration and most of all you are my purpose. We will find you Beautiful, we will find you. Your voice will never be silent or will mine. Mommy will always love you the mostest. Xoxoxo Thank you God for carrying us through when we are weak and weary .

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #267 on: March 19, 2016, 09:03:55 AM »

http://www.drphil.com/shows/

Tuesday - March 22, 2016

The Disappearance of Christina Morris: A Mother’s Obsession with Finding Her Daughter Is Destroying Her Marriage

Jonni’s 23-year-old daughter, Christina Morris, disappeared almost two years ago, after a night out with friends. She was last seen on surveillance video walking into a parking garage with an acquaintance, Enrique Arochi. Just three minutes later, Enrique was seen on that same camera leaving the parking garage alone in his car. Christina has not been seen or heard from since. Although Enrique has denied any involvement in Christina’s disappearance, he was arrested three-and-a-half months later and charged with aggravated kidnapping, after authorities say Christina’s DNA was found in the trunk of his car. Jonni says she has become obsessed with finding her daughter, and it’s destroying her marriage. Jonni says she left her husband, Ronnie, behind and moved from Oklahoma to Texas for eight months to search for her daughter. She says her husband realized her only focus is on finding her daughter, not him or her stepchildren. Jonni says she searched every day for 10-12 hours for her daughter and wanted her husband there with her -- but Ronnie says he works 40-60 hours a week and can’t spend all his time trekking through the woods looking for Christina. But Jonni says she will not stop searching until Christina is found. Can Dr. Phil help this couple get their marriage back on track? And, what happened to Christina? Jonni says she has even gotten on her hands and knees and begged Enrique’s father to talk to his son and have him tell her where her daughter is. Plus, an update on the disappearance of Dylan Redwine, who vanished without a trace almost three years ago. The La Plata County Sheriff’s office named a person of interest in August 2015. Find out who that is. His mother, Elaine, gives us an update on the case.

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #268 on: March 19, 2016, 09:07:20 AM »

https://www.facebook.com/helpfindchristinamorris/posts/1002830299806475

Help Find Christina Morris shared Jonni Lee McElroy's post.
March 17 at 8:07pm ·
A huge thank you to the Dr. Phil show for helping us spread Christina's story nationwide! Tune in on Tuesday, March 22nd to watch the show. We hope that this TV coverage will generate more leads and help us ‪#‎FindChristina‬! Thank you for your support, Team Christina!!

Jonni Lee McElroy
March 17 at 7:23pm ·
Ok Team Christina, Family and Friends. I hope you are sitting down for this. Through this Journey of hard work and dedication for the continued search and keeping awareness and bringing Christina Home, The Dr. Phill show has worked continuously by my side to help me make this happen. We did it. The Dr. Phill show will be airing this Tuesday March 22, 2016 to keep Christinas, story going. It was the hardest thing I have ever done and could not of done it without the outstanding dedication, love, support and true professionalism from the Dr. phill staff and Dr. Phill. My family and I and Team Christina are honored that you heard her voice through ours and you are continuing to share her story to keep her face out there so we can bring her home where she belongs. We are simply blessed. God is good. Giving up will never be a option.

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #269 on: March 19, 2016, 10:29:36 AM »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H2fOScqaVGo

The Disappearance of Christina Morris: A Mother’s Obsession with Finding Her Daughter
The Dr. Phil Show

Published on Mar 18, 2016
http://drphil.com

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/H2fOScqaVGo" target="_blank">https://www.youtube.com/v/H2fOScqaVGo</a>

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #270 on: September 10, 2016, 05:16:03 AM »

http://www.nbcdfw.com/news/local/Prosecutors-Agenda-in-Arochi-Trial-Surveillance-Video-DNA--Cell-Phone-Records-392667591.html

Prosecutor's Agenda in Arochi Trial: Surveillance Video, DNA, Cell Phone Records

By Alice Barr

Published Wednesday, Sept. 7, 2016

Day one of the Enrique Arochi trial kicked off with opening statements and the prosecution’s first two witnesses.
Arochi is the man accused of kidnapping Christina Morris. She vanished in 2014 from a Plano parking garage.

Prosecutors want the jury to rely on three key areas of evidence against Arochi, who went to high school with Morris.

First: Surveillance video showing Morris for the last time, walking with Arochi into a parking garage; plus more video showing him washing the trunk of his car the next day.

Secondly: Morris’ DNA that investigators found in the trunk of Arochi's car.

Third: Cell phone pings showing the pair was together for some time after leaving a party with a group of friends.

Prosecutors argue Arochi kidnapped Morris and planned to sexually assault her, after another friend turned him down.
The defense, meanwhile, is shifting focus to another man, Morris’ boyfriend at the time, who is now in prison serving a drug sentence.

Morris’ co-workers testified she and her boyfriend had been fighting a lot and the defense showed several angry text messages they exchanged the night she disappeared.

As for the DNA, the defense said the same crime scene technician analyzed Morris’ car shortly before Arochi's and that she could have accidentally transferred the DNA from one car to the other.

There will be at least 23 witnesses called, including Morris’ old boyfriend the defense is focused on, her parents and several friends.

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #271 on: September 10, 2016, 05:29:21 AM »

http://www.nbcdfw.com/news/local/In-Enrique-Arochi-Trial-Day-Two-Christina-Morris-Father-Testifies-392762851.html

Boyfriend Pleads the Fifth, Christina Morris' Father Testifies in Day 2 of Enrique Arochi Trial

By Alice Barr

Published Friday, Sept. 9, 2016

Day two of the Enrique Arochi trial began with Christina Morris’ father on the stand, testifying against the man charged with kidnapping her.
Arochi was the last person seen with Morris before she disappeared on Labor Day weekend two years ago.

Morris’ father, Mark Morris, listened on the stand while prosecutors played the nine-minute 911 call when he first reported his daughter missing.
Two years later, he said he still goes out and searches for her every weekend.

Mark Morris described those first few days when he found out his daughter was missing and when he learned Arochi was the last person seen with her. Arochi and Morris were shown in surveillance video walking into a parking garage at the Shops at Legacy in Plano.
The Plano police officer who found Morris’ car still parked in the garage several days after she went missing also testified. Arochi’s car had been parked very close by Morris’ when they went out together with friends that weekend. The officer said there was nothing suspicious in the garage or nearby trash cans.

A Plano police lieutenant testified that he does believe Morris was abducted from the parking garage. But a crime scene technician who photographed the parking garage and searched it for evidence testified that she found no signs of blood or any other fluids at the scene.
Morris’ DNA was later found in the trunk of Arochi's car. Mark Morris and three close friends all testified about that Thursday, saying Christina was afraid of the dark and claustrophobic. Her father said she would never willingly get in a trunk because it would terrorize her "beyond belief."

The defense, meanwhile, keeps steering each witness back to another man, Christina Morris’ boyfriend Hunter Foster.

Her father testified that he knew Foster was into drugs, the jury heard that a friend described him as a "thug" and that her friends were concerned about their relationship.

Police also said they Foster didn't report Morris missing for several days and that they couldn't reach him on the phone after the disappearance.
Foster was expected to take the stand Thursday. But instead he exercised his Fifth Amendment right not to testify.

His lawyers argued he couldn't testify without incriminating himself for drug dealing that night. On Wednesday, the defense showed the jury what they said were text messages of Christina Morris asking Foster for drugs that night. He is already in prison serving time for separate drug charges.

Prosecutors say Arochi kidnapped Morris with plans to sexually assault her, after another friend turned him down.
That friend testified Thursday, saying that Arochi was mad when she wouldn't lie down on the couch with him at a party with friends. He left with Morris shortly after that.

The friend also said she asked Arochi what happened later and that he didn't remember because he was drunk.
Two friends also testified that they saw no injuries on his hands and arms that night, though the defense challenged whether they could be sure of that.

Arochi did have cuts the next day – the first day Morris was missing. He said he'd gotten in a fight.
The trial resumes again Friday morning at 8:30 a.m.

Published at 5:26 PM CDT on Sep 9, 2016

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #272 on: September 10, 2016, 05:34:56 AM »

http://www.nbcdfw.com/news/local/Friends-Testify-About-Night-Christina-Morris-Went-Missing-392893111.html

Surveillance Video Played, Friends Testify About Night Christina Morris Went Missing

By Alice Barr

The third day of the trial of Enrique Arochi, accused of kidnapping a Plano woman, began Friday morning.

Christina Morris was last seen leaving the Shops of Legacy in Plano August of 2014. Surveillance video captured her and Arochi walking into a parking garage.

Prosecutors on Friday continued calling all the friends who were with Morris and Arochi the night Morris went missing, including Morris' close friend Steven Nickerson, who was the last person to talk her on the phone before she disappeared.

Nickerson testified that Morris was upset when she received a text message from her boyfriend, Hunter Foster, with whom she had been fighting. Nickerson said he tried to convince Morris not to leave, but she refused.

Arochi decided to leave too and walked out with Morris. Nickerson testified, as others have, that Morris would never walk alone after dark.
Nickerson said he called Morris to ensure she made it to her car. She didn't answer, but called right back to say she was almost to her car and would call again when she got in. Nickerson said she never called back and every time he called her after that, her phone went straight to her voicemail.

Nickerson testified that he didn't hear any fear in Morris' voice when they spoke on the phone while she was walking with Arochi. The defense prompted him, saying he would have "flown on the wings of eagles to that parking garage" if he heard anything wrong in Morris' voice. Nickerson agreed.
Nickerson and other friends testified that they didn't notice anything unusual about Arochi's behavior the night Morris went missing. They also all said they don't remember seeing cuts on Arochi's hands, which were there the next day, or damage to his car, which also appeared the next day.

The jury heard more testimony about that damage to Arochi's car in the afternoon. Prosecutors played surveillance video that shows a dark Camaro leaving the Shops at Legacy Parking Garage.

An IT specialist with the Plano Police department testified there's an "anomaly" visible on the car that could be consistent with damage that was later discovered on Arochi's car. But he said the video quality was too poor to be sure.

It's also not clear if Morris is in that car as it pulls out of the garage.

Finally, Morris' ex-boyfriend Logan Prendergast testified about his breakup with Morris. He said it was difficult, partly because Morris very quickly started dating Hunter Foster, who had been Prendergast's best friend.

Prendergast said that he never saw Foster on the night in question. Several witnesses have testified that Foster texted Morris to tell her he was with Prendergrast, which upset her.

Published at 6:37 PM CDT on Sep 9, 2016

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #273 on: September 10, 2016, 05:48:55 AM »

http://www.fox4news.com/news/203590170-story

Boyfriend of missing woman pleads the fifth, declines to testify

Natalie Solis reports.
By: FOX4News.com Staff
POSTED:SEP 08 2016 01:21PM CDT
UPDATED:SEP 08 2016 07:02PM CDT

McKINNEY, Texas - A key witness in the Christina Morris kidnapping case pleaded the fifth on Thursday and declined to testify.

Although Morris’ boyfriend, Hunter Foster, was not out with her and her friends the night she went missing, he has figured prominently in the trial.

Both sides had hoped to question Foster on his whereabouts that night. The defense was particularly interested in asking about texts Morris had supposedly sent him about threatening messages she'd received. However, Foster pleaded the fifth.

Morris's friend, Taylor Barry, was also supposed to testify but pleaded the fifth as well.

A Plano police officer gave testimony about how he was the one who received the missing persons call regarding Morris and then found her car in a parking garage. But he said there was nothing suspicious about the car.

More key testimony came from one of Morris's close friends who lived in the apartment at the Shops at Legacy where they were all hanging out the night she disappeared. She testified Morris had not been drinking heavily to her knowledge and said Arochi did not exhibit any aggressive behavior toward anyone that night. So there was no reason to tell Morris not to walk with him to her car.

During opening statements, prosecutors showed surveillance video of Arochi and Morris walking together in that garage. They said Arochi was two hours late for work the next morning and was seen at a gas station cleaning out his trunk.

But the defense pointed out that the DNA evidence found in the trunk was not from blood evidence. Also, no evidence of blood, saliva or semen was ever found in the parking garage where Morris disappeared, according to police testimony.

Arochi’s lawyers are trying to raise doubt by floating other possible theories, including one that involves a suspicious green car in the garage, and showing the jury text messages between Morris and her boyfriend about drugs.

Several of Morris’ other friends took the stand. They all said she was afraid of the dark and didn’t like to be alone. One childhood friend described her as being “headstrong” and said she would not do something against her will and would never willingly climb into a trunk.

There’s been no sign of Morris since her disappearance.

If convicted, Arochi could be sentenced to up to life in prison.

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #274 on: September 10, 2016, 05:54:00 AM »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fXawPk9Df6k

Arguments under way in Christina Morris kidnapping trial Fox News

Published on Sep 8, 2016

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/fXawPk9Df6k" target="_blank">https://www.youtube.com/v/fXawPk9Df6k</a>

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #275 on: September 10, 2016, 06:18:50 AM »

https://twitter.com/vlwigg

Valerie WigglesworthVerified account
@vlwigg
A reporter with The Dallas Morning News focusing on Frisco & Collin County.

Valerie Wigglesworth ‏@vlwigg  18 hours ago
Prendergast confirms Morris never went out alone after dark. He'd drive to her work, walk her out, folo her home #arochitrial

Valerie Wigglesworth ‏@vlwigg  19 hours ago
Prendergast says he never saw Foster that night, never heard from him by text or phone. #arochitrial

Prendergast says he hadn't heard from Morris for 10 months, then gets call from her 8/30/14 asking if he was with Foster #arochitrial

He & Morris break up, Morris moved to Fort Worth to live with his best friend, Foster. Minor altercation over money #arochitrial

Prendergast says he dated Morris on and off thru school, they lived together at Richardson house, then Addison apartment #arochitrial

Correction again: Logan spells last name Prendergast. I was right the first time. #arochitrial

Next witness: Logan Pendergast. He's Morris' ex-boyfriend. Foster had texted Morris that he saw Pendergast at bar that night. #arochitrial

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #276 on: September 10, 2016, 03:29:20 PM »

http://starlocalmedia.com/planocourier/news/christina-morris-investigation-timeline/article_7d76c272-8fac-11e4-ae35-5728221577b8.html

Christina Morris investigation timeline
Brittany Feagans, bfeagans@starlocalmedia.com Dec 29, 2014

Aug. 25, 2014

-Enrique Arochi allegedly steals gold Samsung Galaxy S5 phone from Sprint and activates it on his account.

Aug. 29, 2014

11:22 p.m. Arochi’s vehicle enters parking garage, 5717 Legacy Dr. Morris’ car enters immediately after.

Aug. 30, 2014

12:31 a.m. Morris’ ID scanned at Scruffy Duffies bar at Shops at Legacy.

12:34 a.m. Credit card transaction made w/ Morris’ MasterCard at Scruffy Duffies bar.

-Arochi, Sabrina Boss and Paulina Petrosky go to Whataburger. Morris and friend Steven Nickerson returned back to Petrosky's apartment.

2:34 a.m. Morris sent photo of her hand holding two keys to boyfriend Hunter Foster.

3:30 a.m. Morris and Arochi leave Petrosky’s apartment on Scruggs Way.

3:43 a.m. Morris calls Steven Nickerson, says she’s still walking to her vehicle.

3:50 a.m. Text or phone call made from Arochi’s phone to Foster.

3:53 a.m. Text or phone call made from Arochi’s phone to Foster.

3:55 a.m. Text or phone call made from Arochi’s phone to Foster.

3:55 a.m. Arochi and Morris seen on surveillance camera entering parking garage.

3:58 a.m. Arochi’s Camaro leaves the parking garage.

4:08 a.m. Arochi’s Camaro passed through Custer Road gantry northbound on S.H. 121.

4:47 a.m. Morris’ phone pings cell tower at 5800 Granite Parkway (north of Shops at Legacy)

4:56 a.m. Arochi’s phone pings cell tower at 5800 Granite Parkway (north of Shops at Legacy)

5:32 a.m. Arochi’s phone pings cell tower in 1500 block of Bethany Drive near his home.

6:21 a.m. Sun rises.

10:15 a.m. Arochi pumps gas, inspects trunk and driver’s side of vehicle at Allen Kroger, 1212 E. Bethany Drive. He is seen on video wiping  down passenger side door and scrubbing  back of vehicle with squeegee.

11:00 a.m. Sprint coworker says Arochi arrives to work about 3 hours late, parks in back and appears “messed up,” walking with a limp. Coworkes says Arochi had visible scratches and a bite mark on his arm, and was complaining his ribs hurt.

Sept. 2, 2014

11:17 p.m. Mark Morris reports his daughter missing to Plano PD.

Sept. 3, 2014

-Detectives assigned to case and attempt to contact Arochi at 1218 Harvard Lane in Allen.

-Detectives interview Arochi and obtain consent to view his car.

-After first interview, detectives see video footage from garage and call Arochi back for 2nd interview.

Sept. 4, 2014

-Detectives interview Arochi for a third time.

-Morris’ Toyota Celica processed by CSI, Dr Pepper can collected to obtain DNA profile.

Sept. 6, 2014

-Detective has conversation with Arochi about how he received injuries to his arm. Arochi claims he used a “lifter” to turn the tires on his vehicle and a tire fell on his arm.

-Detective interviews Boss, who said Arochi left angry that she rebuffed his advances.

-Foster allows detectives to forensically extract his cellphone records.

Sept. 10, 2014

-Detectives conduct a trash pull at Arochi’s home and log cleaning rags, towels and several empty bottles of cleaning supplies that appeared to be recently purchased.

Sept. 15, 2014

-Detective contacted by Sprint Regional Manager Scott Aronstein, who advised that Arochi had stolen a gold Samsung Galaxy S5 phone from Sprint and activated it on his personal account on Aug. 25.

-Arochi arrested by Wylie Police Department, charged with Class A misdemeanor for theft between $500 and $1500.

Sept. 18, 2014

-Detective interviewed brother Carlos Arochi, asked about car jack Enrique supposedly injured himself using.

Sept. 22, 2014

3 p.m. Arochi posts bond for theft arrest, released through Collin County Sherriff’s Office.

Sept. 23, 2014

-Detectives take possession of stolen cellular phone, returned by Sprint employee. Forensic analysis indicates phone has been “wiped” to eliminate or destroy data.

Sept. 24, 2014

-Detectives conduct additional trash pull at Arochi residence. Empty bottles of cleaning supplies, including a gallon-size bottle of OdoBan cleaner and a 32-oz bottle of multi-surface cleaner found in trash. Bottles appeared to be in good condition and recently purchased. Detective found empty cellular phone boxes and a handwritten Spanish note listing the following items: black shirt, texts from the 29th through today’s date, bank bills and cellular bills.

-Detective obtains surveillance video from 10:15 a.m. on Aug. 30 at Kroger, in which Arochi inspects and wipes down his car.

Sept. 26, 2014

-Detectives obtain and execute search warrant for Arochi’s 2010 Chevrolet Camaro. Car processed for the presence of bodily fluids and other trace evidence. Swabs were collected from the interior of the vehicle and the interior of the trunk.

Dec. 9, 2014

-Bode Technology forensic report comes back positive for Morris’ DNA on a sample labeled “swab from edge of trunk opening.” Swab indicated a significant amount of DNA present, likely from blood or saliva.

-Other DNA profiles were present, including the DNA of an unknown male

Dec. 13, 2014

7:50 a.m. Plano PD arrests Arochi at his home, charges him with aggravated kidnapping.

-Booked at Plano Jail, transferred to Collin County Detention Center.

-Arochi’s car is towed to Plano PD Crime Lab.

Dec. 14, 2014

-Arochi arraigned at Collin County Detention Center.

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #277 on: September 21, 2016, 08:29:30 PM »

http://www.dallasnews.com/news/crime/headlines/20160921-live-jurors-find-enrique-arochi-guilty-in-christina-morris-kidnapping-after-17-hours.ece

Crime

Jurors find Enrique Arochi guilty in Christina Morris kidnapping after 17 hours of deliberations

By Valerie Wigglesworth Follow @vlwigg vwigglesworth@dallasnews.com
Staff Writer
Published: 21 September 2016 09:06 AM
Updated: 21 September 2016 07:52 PM

Enrique Arochi was convicted Wednesday of the aggravated kidnapping two years ago of Christina Morris.

The jury of six men and six women reached a decision after 17 hours of deliberations over two days that included one juror falling ill and being replaced by an alternate, and a night sequestered in a hotel. Their decision was announced just before 7 p.m.

The sentencing phase of the trial will start at 8:30 a.m. Monday. Prosecutors said they have a full day of testimony to present. The defense may also call a few witnesses. Jurors will decide the punishment. Arochi, 26, faces up to life in prison. He is also eligible for parole.

District Judge Mark Rusch announced to the courtroom spectators before the verdict was read that they were to show no visible reaction. "This verdict will be respected," he said.

Arochi stared straight ahead as the verdict was announced, then glanced over at the jury when Rusch asked them to raise their hands if this was indeed their verdict.

After the judge recessed court, sobs broke out among members of the Morris family as they embraced in the rear of the courtroom. Several others, including veteran Plano detectives and members of Team Christina, also had tears in their eyes as they left the room.

Evidence in the case showed a surveillance video capturing Morris and Arochi walking into a parking garage together at Plano's Shops at Legacy at 3:55 a.m. Aug. 30, 2014. Three minutes later, Arochi's Camaro pulled out of the garage. Morris' Celica was found untouched in the garage three days later by Plano police after she was reported missing.

Morris, 23, hasn't been seen since.

Defense attorney Keith Gore said during closing arguments Tuesday that prosecutors hadn't proved their case beyond a reasonable doubt.

"There's no evidence of what, when, where or how," Gore said, citing the largely circumstantial case.

But prosecutors told jurors Tuesday that the defense has tried to trick them with carefully worded statements. They pointed to cell tower data that put Arochi's phone and Morris' phone together near the Shops at Legacy an hour after the Camaro pulled out of the parking garage.

Robert Aguera, a cellphone forensic expert, testified for the defense that those pings from data use aren't reliable in determining cellphone location because records include data routing locations for the network. But Plano police Detective Aaron Benzick said that data use with multiple entries per session always ends with a connection with the cellphone, and that final entry logs the cell tower closest to the device's location.

"Those cellphone pings hurt the defendant so much that they tried to pay someone to distract you," prosecutor Zeke Fortenberry said.

Key to the state's case was Morris' DNA found on the mat in the Camaro's trunk and on the weatherstripping along the bottom edge of the trunk's opening.

Scientists from two different labs testified that the amount of DNA from Morris was too large to have come from the transfer of skin cells that happens, for example, when one person touches another person or comes in contact with an object someone else used. The DNA came from bodily fluids —either blood or saliva, Fortenberry said.

The defense's strategy of suggesting DNA contamination 45 different ways through witness questioning doesn't make it true, Fortenberry said.

He also pointed to a Post-It note recovered from the Arochi family's household trash that the prosecutor suggested was the defendant's "list of things you need to get rid of." Written in Spanish, the square of yellow paper listed black shirt (Arochi wore one the night Morris disappeared), texts from 8/29 through today, bank bills and cell bills.

"The only reasonable explanation for all the facts — the defendant is responsible for the disappearance of Christina Morris," Fortenberry said Tuesday.

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #278 on: September 30, 2016, 04:54:59 PM »

http://dfw.cbslocal.com/2016/09/30/christina-morris-kidnapper-sentenced-to-life-in-prison/

Christina Morris Kidnapper Sentenced To Life In Prison
UPDATED | September 30, 2016 1:03 PM
September 30, 2016 10:20 AM

COLLIN COUNTY (CBSDFW.COM) – The man who kidnapped Christina Morris more than two years ago learned his fate today. Earlier this week Enrique Arochi waived his right to a jury sentencing and this morning Judge Mark Rusch handed down a punishment of life in prison.

Prosecutors started the sentencing hearing by asking Judge Rusch to sentence Arochi to life… and they got their wish.

There was a packed courtroom, consisting of several members of Morris’s family but no one publically there for Arochi, when the sentence was handed down.

During victim impact statements in the courtroom prior to sentencing, Morris’s mother, Jonni McElroy, said even though Arochi is headed to prison she is not done with the case. “I will be at every parole hearing. I will fight; again ‘til I take my last dying breath, to make sure that you do not see the light of day. You don’t deserve it. She did not deserve what happended to her.”

McElroy said she lost her job during the exhaustive search for her daughter. It was during that time she said, “If Christina could get away she would. Christina would find her way to me. That’s when I started losing hope.”

Also during victim impact statements, stepmother of Christina Morris, Anna Morris made an impassioned plea to Arochi. “Please I beg you, let me bring my daughter home. Let us bring Christina home,” she said through tears. “If there is anything left in you — in your soul — that has any care or compassion for anything or anyone, you will tell me where she is,” she continued.

“And if you choose not to, I don’t think there will ever be forgiveness for you in this life or the next one. Because that’s an evil that — just — you can’t fix. If you can live your life and not tell us where she is, you continue to torture everyone in this room. Are you that evil? Is there any man left in you?” Morris said before leaving the stand.

Before the sentence was handed down prosecutors also presented details from another case involving Arochi being accused of sexually assaulting a 16-year-old. Three detectives testified to establish that Arochi had a pattern of sexually deviant behavior and an interest in torture.

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #279 on: September 30, 2016, 04:59:18 PM »

http://www.fox4news.com/news/208838075-story

Christina Morris' kidnapper gets life in prison

By: FOX4News.com Staff
POSTED:SEP 30 2016 07:11AM CDT
UPDATED:SEP 30 2016 03:08PM CDT

McKINNEY, Texas - A judge handed down a life sentence for Christina Morris’ kidnapper Friday morning.

Arochi chose to be sentenced by the judge and not the jury that convicted him.

Before making a decision, the judge allowed prosecutors to bring up evidence from another case against Arochi. He’s accused of choking and hitting a 16-year-old girl while engaging in sexually deviant behavior with her.

Morris’ biological mother also testified about how her daughter was her miracle and that she beat cancer two years after her birth. Jonni McElroy broke down while talking about how she misses going skateboarding and shopping with her daughter, as well as hugging and kissing her.

Morris’ father also talked about how Arochi was the only one of his daughter’s friends who didn’t show up to search for her the day after she disappeared. He said he knew she was gone when police found DNA in the trunk of Arochi’s car.

“You need to do the right thing and tell me where my daughter is at,” Mark Morris told Arochi during the victim impact statements. “ I hope you rot in hell!”

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.