March 28, 2024, 08:04:12 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Christina Marie Morris 23 yo, Last Seen 3:00 a.m. 8/30/14 in Plano, TX REMAINS FOUND  (Read 176189 times)
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

ARUBA: It's all about Natalee...we won't give up!

« Reply #280 on: September 30, 2016, 05:05:07 PM »

http://dfw.cbslocal.com/2016/09/30/christina-morris-kidnapper-sentenced-to-life-in-prison/

Christina Morris Kidnapper Sentenced To Life In Prison
UPDATED | September 30, 2016 1:03 PM
September 30, 2016 10:20 AM

COLLIN COUNTY (CBSDFW.COM) – The man who kidnapped Christina Morris more than two years ago learned his fate today. Earlier this week Enrique Arochi waived his right to a jury sentencing and this morning Judge Mark Rusch handed down a punishment of life in prison.

Prosecutors started the sentencing hearing by asking Judge Rusch to sentence Arochi to life… and they got their wish.

There was a packed courtroom, consisting of several members of Morris’s family but no one publically there for Arochi, when the sentence was handed down.

During victim impact statements in the courtroom prior to sentencing, Morris’s mother, Jonni McElroy, said even though Arochi is headed to prison she is not done with the case. “I will be at every parole hearing. I will fight; again ‘til I take my last dying breath, to make sure that you do not see the light of day. You don’t deserve it. She did not deserve what happended to her.”

McElroy said she lost her job during the exhaustive search for her daughter. It was during that time she said, “If Christina could get away she would. Christina would find her way to me. That’s when I started losing hope.”

Also during victim impact statements, stepmother of Christina Morris, Anna Morris made an impassioned plea to Arochi. “Please I beg you, let me bring my daughter home. Let us bring Christina home,” she said through tears. “If there is anything left in you — in your soul — that has any care or compassion for anything or anyone, you will tell me where she is,” she continued.

“And if you choose not to, I don’t think there will ever be forgiveness for you in this life or the next one. Because that’s an evil that — just — you can’t fix. If you can live your life and not tell us where she is, you continue to torture everyone in this room. Are you that evil? Is there any man left in you?” Morris said before leaving the stand.

Before the sentence was handed down prosecutors also presented details from another case involving Arochi being accused of sexually assaulting a 16-year-old. Three detectives testified to establish that Arochi had a pattern of sexually deviant behavior and an interest in torture.

I stand with the girl, Natalee Holloway.

"I can look back over the past 10 years and there were no steps wasted, and there are no regrets,'' she said. "I did all I knew to do and I think that gives me greater peace now." "I've lived every parent's worst nightmare and I'm the parent that nobody wants to be," she said.

Beth Holloway, 2015 interview with Greta van Susteren
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #281 on: November 05, 2016, 08:18:26 AM »

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #282 on: March 07, 2018, 02:10:30 PM »

https://www.facebook.com/Fox4DFW/videos/10155204077842093/

FOX 4 News is live now.
1 hr ·
#BREAKING: Human remains have been discovered in Anna; it's in an area where authorities have been searching for Christina Morris. http://bit.ly/2Fl5Olq

http://www.fox4news.com/news/workers-find-human-remains-in-anna-housing-development

Workers find human remains in Anna housing development
Image Gallery 10 PHOTOS

By: FOX4News.com Staff
POSTED: MAR 07 2018 11:46AM CST

UPDATED: MAR 07 2018 01:34PM CST

ANNA, Texas - Police are investigating the discovery of a body in an area where new homes are being built in Anna.

FOX 4 talked to construction workers who said they found the human remains in an area near Black Willow Trail and Taylor Boulevard.

They had gone down a remote dirt road to clear some brush. They uncovered what appeared to be the skeleton of a woman under some leaves.

The workers said they believe the body belonged to a woman because she seemed to be wearing a dress and had female undergarments.

Investigators with the Collin County Sheriff’s Office, Anna Police Department and Plano Police Department are now at the scene collecting evidence.

Lt. Nick Bristow with the sheriff's office said the body was transferred to the Collin County Medical Examiner's Office for a positive identification. He would not answer any questions or speculate about the identity of the remains.

Lt. Bristow admitted Plano police were called in because that department has been working a very high-profile case involving a missing woman.

The remains were found in an area where authorities have searched extensively for Christina Morris. Morris disappeared on August 30, 2014. She was last seen with a one-time acquaintance, Enrique Arochi, leaving the Shops at Legacy in Plano.

Arochi is now serving a life sentence for her kidnapping. Prosecutors said her DNA was in the trunk of his car, but he has denied any wrongdoing.

Plano police confirmed Morris' parents were notified about the discovery just in case.

"I can look back over the past 10 years and there were no steps wasted, and there are no regrets,'' she said. "I did all I knew to do and I think that gives me greater peace now." "I've lived every parent's worst nightmare and I'm the parent that nobody wants to be," she said.

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #283 on: March 07, 2018, 02:16:40 PM »

https://twitter.com/AllisonFox4News/status/971452121685118979

Allison Harris

Verified account

@AllisonFox4News
 2h2 hours ago
More
BREAKING: Remains have been found near the Anna/Collin County line, in the same area where investigators have been searching for #ChristinaMorris. @PlanoPoliceDept among departments on scene. @Fox4Natalie on scene now.

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #284 on: March 07, 2018, 05:50:45 PM »

https://www.facebook.com/helpfindchristinamorris/posts/1651242544965244

Help Find Christina Morris
4 hrs ·
Our family has been notified, but nothing has been confirmed. Please keep Christina and our family in your thoughts and prayers. #FindChristina  💜

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #285 on: March 07, 2018, 09:57:58 PM »

Article from September 18, 2016

https://www.dallasnews.com/news/crime/2016/09/18/6-things-may-missed-christina-morris-kidnapping-trial

6 things you may have missed in the Christina Morris kidnapping trial
FILED UNDERCRIME  AT SEP 2016 SHARE

3. When Arochi's car was processed Oct. 6, 2014, more than a month after Morris went missing, crime scene techs found scrapes on the Camaro's undercarriage and several grasses lodged in the metal. That suggested the Camaro had driven off road at some point.

Research botanist Barry Lipscomb identified the vegetation as bermuda grass, crab grass and hairy seed paspalum. The paspalum is the least common of the three and is typically found in wetter areas, near sandy ditches, ponds or shaded, wooded areas.

Sasso said he used the grasses to help develop search criteria. He spent 10 months on special assignment looking for Morris. He also used cellphone records, cell tower records, toll records, financial records and gas purchases to try to track Arochi's movements. Some time was spent looking in and around the Collin County town of Anna, after Arochi's cellphone connected with a cell tower there on Aug. 31, 2014, the day after Morris was last seen.

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #286 on: March 07, 2018, 10:09:55 PM »

https://twitter.com/jdmiles11/status/971497679346982912

J.D. Miles Verified account

@jdmiles11
 7h7 hours ago

Statement from Anna Police on discovery of human remains with a reference to interest by Plano Police who are still searching for Christina Morris.

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #287 on: March 07, 2018, 10:38:44 PM »

Article from September 18, 2016

https://www.dallasnews.com/news/crime/2016/09/18/6-things-may-missed-christina-morris-kidnapping-trial

6 things you may have missed in the Christina Morris kidnapping trial
FILED UNDERCRIME  AT SEP 2016 SHARE

3. When Arochi's car was processed Oct. 6, 2014, more than a month after Morris went missing, crime scene techs found scrapes on the Camaro's undercarriage and several grasses lodged in the metal. That suggested the Camaro had driven off road at some point.

Research botanist Barry Lipscomb identified the vegetation as bermuda grass, crab grass and hairy seed paspalum. The paspalum is the least common of the three and is typically found in wetter areas, near sandy ditches, ponds or shaded, wooded areas.

Sasso said he used the grasses to help develop search criteria. He spent 10 months on special assignment looking for Morris. He also used cellphone records, cell tower records, toll records, financial records and gas purchases to try to track Arochi's movements. Some time was spent looking in and around the Collin County town of Anna, after Arochi's cellphone connected with a cell tower there on Aug. 31, 2014, the day after Morris was last seen.

https://www.dallasnews.com/news/collin-county/2018/03/07/possible-human-remains-found-field-anna-could-linked-kidnap-victim-christina-morris

Evidence search continues in Anna field where remains found that could belong to Christina Morris
5 HRS AGO

Valerie Wigglesworth, Staff Writer

Authorities said it was too soon to know whether the remains might be those of Morris, who was kidnapped after last being seen entering a parking garage at Plano's Shops at Legacy on Aug. 30, 2014.

But the location of the remains, in a wooded area south of Taylor Boulevard, is less than a mile from a cell tower that connected with Enrique Arochi's phone the day after Morris went missing.  

The area where the remains were found is part of a 55-acre lot where a housing development is planned. A crew clearing trees came across the remains just before 10 a.m. Wednesday.

Anna police Sgt. Chad Butler said he and responding officers saw what were believed to be human remains on the east side of a creek 50 to 60 yards south of Taylor Boulevard near Mesquite Lane.

Zeke Fortenberry, the lead prosecutor in Arochi's kidnapping trial, now works in private practice. He said searchers logged thousands of hours looking for Morris.

"How did we miss her?" he asked. "We searched and searched and searched."

Authorities involved in the Morris case have been alerted several times in recent years when bones or human remains have been found in the Dallas-Fort Worth area. Fortenberry said this time seems more promising because of the location in Anna and the evidentiary link to Arochi. In addition to the cellphone ping, Morris' DNA was found in the trunk of Arochi's  Camaro.

If the remains do belong to Morris, Fortenberry said, "it confirms what I believed all along — he killed her."

On Wednesday afternoon, Christina Morris' father, Mark Morris, showed up at the scene in Anna surrounded by friends who have joined him over the years in the search for his daughter, who was 23 when she went missing. He declined to comment.

Family friend Robert O'Neil said he hoped this time to find some answers. Volunteers known as Team Christina have concentrated their search in the Anna area since Arochi's trial. They meet nearly every weekend. Their most recent search was Saturday.

"If Christina is not with us any more, we want her to be found so her family can have some closure," he said.

Paul Thomas often goes hunting on the land where the remains were found. He said he even went searching for Morris on his own after hearing about her disappearance on the news. He said he looked along what was then a newly installed sewer line and checked every manhole on the west side of the creek.

"It's disturbing," he said of Wednesday's discovery.

Marietta Schell has lived on Taylor Boulevard near where the body was found since 1984. She said the area near the trees is very secluded and people trespass there regularly. One time she even ran into the volunteers from Team Christina.

"They were so close," Schell said of the searchers. "That's what's really sad."

« Last Edit: March 07, 2018, 10:45:26 PM by texasmom » Logged

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #288 on: March 08, 2018, 01:21:47 PM »

http://www.fox4news.com/news/sources-remains-found-in-collin-county-belong-to-christina-morris

Sources: remains found in Collin County belong to Christina Morris

By: FOX4News.com Staff
POSTED: MAR 08 2018 11:45AM CST

VIDEO POSTED: MAR 08 2018 12:15PM CST

UPDATED: MAR 08 2018 12:26PM CST

Human remains found on Wednesday in Collin County are Christina Morris, sources tell FOX4.

A press conference by Plano police is set for Thursday afternoon to discuss the case.

The remains were found in an area where authorities searched extensively for Morris after she disappeared on August 30, 2014. She was last seen with a one-time acquaintance, Enrique Arochi, leaving the Shops at Legacy in Plano.

Arochi is now serving a life sentence for her kidnapping. Prosecutors said her DNA was in the trunk of his car, but he has denied any wrongdoing.

The remains were found in an area where new homes are being built in Anna. Andy Mitchell and his brother were part of the crew clearing brush from the swath of land when something got his attention.

“You could just see really up on the hillside over there up in a little opening, there was a skull laying there,” he said.

Mitchell said the skull was near what appeared to be a woman’s dress and undergarments.

“You hope the family has closure,” Mitchell said. “My first instinct was to pray for the individual and hope that they are Christian and that they are home.”

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #289 on: March 08, 2018, 01:25:42 PM »

https://www.facebook.com/Fox4DFW/posts/10155207110367093

FOX 4 News
2 hrs ·
Plano police will give a major update on the remains that were found in Anna yesterday. FOX 4 News will stream the news conference live at 4:30 p.m.

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #290 on: March 08, 2018, 04:14:03 PM »

https://www.nbcdfw.com/news/local/Mother-of-Christina-Morris-Brings-Flowers-to-Site-of-Anna-Remains-476276973.html

Anna Remains Preliminarily Identified as Christina Morris; Mother Places Flowers Where Remains Found
Plano police will host news conference at 4:30 p.m. Thursday; vigil to be held Thursday night
By Frank Heinz
Published 4 hours ago | Updated 12 minutes ago

While awaiting confirmation from the Collin County Medical Examiner's Office, rumors swirl about the identity of the person found after the mother of a missing woman arrived at the scene with flowers. (Published 2 hours ago)

Remains preliminarily identified as Christina Morris, a 23-year-old woman presumed dead since she disappeared Aug. 30, 2014.
The Collin County Medical Examiner's Office will confirm the person's identity and cause of death.
Field had been searched previously in Morris investigation; nearby cell tower pinged convicted kidnapper's phone after her disappearance.
Officals are expected to hold a news conference at about 4:30 Thursday. Live video from that news conference will appear in the player above.

Skeletal remains unearthed Wednesday in a field in Anna have been preliminarily identified as Christina Morris, a 23-year-old woman who has been presumed dead after being reported missing in August 2014.

Morris' mother, Jonni McElroy, placed flowers at the site Thursday morning where the remains were found.

While the Collin County Medical Examiner's Office has not officially confirmed the identity of the remains, evidence found at the scene is believed to have assisted in the identification process.

Morris was last being seen leaving The Shops at Legacy with friend Enrique Arochi on Aug. 30, 2014. Following Morris's disappearance, Arochi maintained that after he walked into the parking garage with Morris that the two separated and he never saw her again. Investigators later found Morris's DNA in Arochi's trunk; he was eventually sentenced to life in prison for her kidnapping.

Should the remains be confirmed by the medical examiner to be Morris, and should her cause of death be ruled homicide, officials have not yet said what that may mean for Arochi.

Investigators returned to the field Thursday morning to continue their investigation after multiple police departments guarded the area overnight.

Jonni McElroy, mother of Christina Morris, right, arrives with Rosie Aschenbrenner, left, and Danielle Cox at the scene where human remains were found near the intersection of Taylor Boulevard and Mesquite Lane in Anna, Texas, Thursday, March 8, 2018. (Jae S. Lee/The Dallas Morning News)
Photo credit: Staff Photographer

Officials said Wednesday the partial skeleton was found by a crew clearing brush and doing excavation work in a field along the 1800 block of Taylor Boulevard, about a mile east of U.S. Highway 75.

The field is less than a mile from a cell tower that pinged Arochi's phone the day after Morris disappeared, The Dallas Morning News reported; officials confirmed the area was searched at least once before during the investigation into Morris' disappearance.

Vigil Planned for Thursday Night
Neighbors in the Anna neighborhood near where the remains were found are planning a prayer vigil for Thursday night.

"I hope to see the street filled, obviously, and just neighbors coming together and expressing love and concern and compassion for a person we don't know. But we're all brothers and sisters in Christ, and I just need to feel that with my neighbors," said Lekeita McMillan.

The vigil will begin at about 7:30 p.m. at the corner of Mesquite and Sweet Gum, north of Taylor Boulevard in Anna.

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #291 on: March 08, 2018, 04:18:12 PM »

https://twitter.com/ShannonMFox4/status/971759818586427393

Shannon Murray Verified account

@ShannonMFox4
 7h7 hours ago

Enrique Arochi is serving a life sentence for kidnapping #ChristinaMorris. Her mother posted this on Facebook overnight after human remains were found in Anna yesterday. The remains have not been publicly identified yet.

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #292 on: March 08, 2018, 04:32:14 PM »

https://www.nbcdfw.com/news/local/Mother-of-Christina-Morris-Brings-Flowers-to-Site-of-Anna-Remains-476276973.html

Officals are expected to hold a news conference at about 4:30 Thursday. Live video from that news conference will appear in the player above.

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #293 on: March 08, 2018, 04:51:49 PM »

https://twitter.com/AmandaGuerraTX/status/971878166737424384

Amanda Guerra

@AmandaGuerraTX
 26s26 seconds ago

"This, I must say, is the most difficult day I've faced in my entire life." -Jonni Hare, the mother of #ChristinaMorris fighting tears.

Although this is what they expected, facing the reality is unfathomable. 3.5 years after she disappeared, police ID remains of #ChristinaMorris

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #294 on: March 08, 2018, 04:53:44 PM »

https://twitter.com/Fox4Natalie/status/971878289101983749

Natalie Solis

@Fox4Natalie
 2m2 minutes ago

Relative of #ChristinaMorris says they “never wanted closure, only Christina.” @FOX4

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #295 on: March 08, 2018, 04:58:13 PM »

https://twitter.com/SethVoorheesTV/status/971878891995443200

Seth Voorhees NBC 5

@SethVoorheesTV
 4m4 minutes ago
More
#BREAKING - Plano police say the Collin Co. medical examiner has confirmed the remains found in a field in Anna on Wednesday have been identified as kidnap victim #ChristinaMorris @NBCDFW

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #296 on: March 08, 2018, 08:51:31 PM »

https://www.facebook.com/helpfindchristinamorris/photos/a.716117761811065.1073741829.715773018512206/1652333248189507

Help Find Christina Morris
4 hrs ·

Christina Morris has been found.

Our hearts are completely broken, as our deepest fear has been realized. Please keep Christina’s family and friends in your thoughts and prayers while we process the news and grieve. We ask that you respect our privacy during this most difficult time. Many thanks to all of you for helping us #FindChristina. Giving up was never an option.  💜

Justice for Christina!

Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

RIP Grumpy Cat :( I will miss you.

« Reply #297 on: March 15, 2018, 08:01:36 AM »

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/christina-morris-case-plano-police-confirm-remains-woman-missing-since-2014/

March 9, 2018, 6:38 AM

Christina Morris case: Police confirm remains are those of Texas woman missing since 2014

PLANO, Texas -- Plano police have announced skeletal human remains found in a brush area along a creek in nearby Anna, Texas, are those of Christina Morris, a 23-year-old Fort Worth woman who's been missing since 2014. Police Chief Gregory Rushin's Thursday announcement comes one day after a construction crew discovered the remains.

Her family spoke publicly from the Plano Police Department, asking for privacy now that they finally have time to heal, CBS DFW reports.

Calling it the "worst day of our lives," Christina's mother Joni Hare spoke of the 2,185 days that have passed since her daughter was last seen alive. Another one of Christina's relatives thanked all the people who have helped the family during their ordeal — from volunteer searchers, law enforcement, local media and many, many more from all over the country and globe.

SNIP

CBS DFW reported that on Thursday morning friends and members of Christina's family, including her mother, arrived at the scene where the remains were found. The group of women carried flowers and later stood hugging and consoling each other.

The remains were discovered on Wednesday after an excavation crew began clearing brush for a new housing development. Andy Mitchell told CBS DFW that he and his brother were checking on the progress on the development project when they came across the bones and some other items. "It appeared to be some clothing laying there, but we didn't dig around because we knew they [police] would do their own investigation and we didn't want to hinder it in any way," he said.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
RIP beautiful lady--you can go home now

Brothers and Sisters, I bid you beware/Of giving your heart to a dog to tear  -- Rudyard Kipling

One who doesn't trust is never deceived...

'I remained too much inside my head and ended up losing my mind' -Edgar Allen Poe
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

RIP Grumpy Cat :( I will miss you.

« Reply #298 on: March 15, 2018, 08:03:04 AM »

THANK YOU Texasmom

Brothers and Sisters, I bid you beware/Of giving your heart to a dog to tear  -- Rudyard Kipling

One who doesn't trust is never deceived...

'I remained too much inside my head and ended up losing my mind' -Edgar Allen Poe
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #299 on: April 19, 2018, 04:43:24 PM »

THANK YOU Texasmom

You're welcome!   

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.