April 18, 2024, 05:57:54 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Police Look for Missing Clarksburg Mother & Sarah & Jacob Hoggle (Mother Indicted-kids dead)  (Read 12549 times)
cw618
Monkey Junky

« on: September 10, 2014, 10:49:39 AM »

From left: Catherine Hoggle, Sarah Hoggle and Jacob Hoggle. (Photo: Montgomery County Police)

Police Looking for Missing Clarksburg Mother and Two Children
September 9, 2014 8:42 AM

Catherine Hoggle is a white female, 5’6” tall, 160 pounds, with brown eyes and shoulder length black hair. She was last seen wearing blue jeans and a black tank top.
Sarah, 3, is described as a biracial female, 3’6″ tall, 40 pounds, with brown eyes and medium length brown hair.
Jacob, 2, is described as a biracial male, 3’0” tall, 25 pounds, with brown eyes and a curly, blond afro.
http://washington.cbslocal.com/2014/09/09/police-looking-for-missing-clarksburg-mother-and-two-children/

« Last Edit: April 05, 2016, 09:46:00 PM by klaasend » Logged

goodmorn,goodnite, got to go, as always its been wonderful, talking with you, and most of all have a great day, and dont forget to smile
cw618
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2014, 10:54:17 AM »

Mom, 2 children still missing from Clarksburg
10:25 a.m. EDT September 10, 2014

CLARKSBURG, Md. (WUSA9) -- Montgomery County police are still looking for a mother who was diagnosed with paranoid schizophrenia and her two children, ages 2 and 3. Police are deeply concerned for the well-being of the children and said on Tuesday that they couldn't rule out the possibility that the children may not be alive.

Police will hold a press conference at 11 a.m. Wednesday to discuss the investigation.

Her husband told police that while he was at work on Sunday afternoon, Catherine's father drove Catherine, two-year-old Jacob and three-year-old Sarah to Catherine's mother's home in Gaithersburg. Catherine borrowed her father's gray, 2007 Nissan Rogue and told her parents that she was going to bring Jacob to get some pizza.

Approximately three hours later, Catherine returned to her mother's home without Jacob or the pizza. She told her parents that Jacob was at a friend's home and then took Sarah home, say police. Police later determined that Jacob was never at his friend's home.

At approximately 5:50 a.m. Monday, Catherine left their home with Sarah and told Troy that she was taking Sarah to a daycare center. When she returned home at approximately 8:30 a.m. she told her husband that Sarah and Jacob had been dropped off. Her husband works nights and didn't know that Jacob hadn't come home from his grandmother's home. He took their other son to a bus stop.
more and video
http://www.wusa9.com/story/news/local/2014/09/09/mother-children-catherine-hoggle-jacob-sarah-missing/15321739/

goodmorn,goodnite, got to go, as always its been wonderful, talking with you, and most of all have a great day, and dont forget to smile
cw618
Monkey Junky

« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2014, 11:11:37 AM »

from the way the articles read, Catherine Hoggle, seems to use public transportation
how far could she have gone with the children, here is a map of there home and the
 Germantown Transit Centers, i dont know where restaurant is, thinking not far from
transit centers

https://goo.gl/maps/tX1zY

Turner asked Hoggle about picking up the children later that afternoon and Hoggle evaded giving him any details about the children’s whereabouts.
Turner said Hoggle left the restaurant they were at without him knowing. He then called police.
Police say a K9 unit discovered Hoggle walked from the restaurant to the Germantown Transit Center.
http://washington.cbslocal.com/2014/09/09/police-looking-for-missing-clarksburg-mother-and-two-children/

klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #3 on: September 10, 2014, 06:05:24 PM »

I believe this is her facebook page:

https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100004131439324
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #4 on: September 10, 2014, 06:15:05 PM »

Another of her fb pages:

https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100006426429383

cw618
Monkey Junky

« Reply #5 on: September 13, 2014, 12:39:00 PM »

Police release new surveillance video of missing MD mom
10:14 p.m. EDT September 12, 2014

SEE THE SURVEILLANCE VIDEO HERE:

http://on.wusa9.com/1pddP7r

Police told WUSA9's Scott Broom that the video was taken Tuesday at a commercial building.

Family and friends have also planned a vigil on Saturday evening.

Ar 8:20 Thursday night, police responded to a possible sighting of Catherine Hoggle at a Germantown Walmart. When they arrived, the caller had left the scene, police said. Police remained on the scene and searched the store and surrounding area but did not find Catherine Hoggle or her children.

Concerned family have started a 'Go Fund Me' page to attempt to raise money for a reward for information that could help bring Jacob and Sarah home.

FIND THE GO FUND ME PAGE HERE: http://www.gofundme.com/eebhyk

Hoggle "lied and manipulated to conceal the whereabouts of the children, is intentionally evading police," according to charging documents.

According to those documents, Hoggle had just learned family talked to police about the disappearance of her two children before she lied to her mother about where they were, and exited that Germantown Chick-Fil-A unbeknownst to the children's father.

Catherine Hoggle charging documents
http://www.scribd.com/doc/239463268/Catherine-Hoggle-charging-documents
http://www.wusa9.com/story/news/local/2014/09/09/mother-children-catherine-hoggle-jacob-sarah-missing/15321739/

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #6 on: September 13, 2014, 05:05:18 PM »

Sadly, we've heard this kind of thing in missing children's cases before, such as  the three young Skelton brothers.   

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation/2014/09/13/mother-tells-police-missing-children-safe/15589149/
Mother tells police missing children 'safe'
4:40 p.m. EDT September 13, 2014

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

RIP Grumpy Cat :( I will miss you.

« Reply #7 on: September 13, 2014, 06:57:53 PM »

Brothers and Sisters, I bid you beware/Of giving your heart to a dog to tear  -- Rudyard Kipling

One who doesn't trust is never deceived...

'I remained too much inside my head and ended up losing my mind' -Edgar Allen Poe
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #8 on: September 21, 2014, 08:46:29 AM »

http://www.bethesdamagazine.com/Bethesda-Beat/2014/Catherine-Hoggle-Case-Police-Now-Pursuing-Homicide-Charges/
Catherine Hoggle Case: Police Now Pursuing Homicide Charges
Montgomery County Police said this morning Hoggle would not tell them the location of her children during a 15-hour police interview
ANDREW METCALF
 Published: 09/15/14

Update 2:55 p.m. - Catherine Hoggle, the Clarksburg woman who was found Friday night after disappearing Sept. 8 along with her two young children, is being held on a $1 million-plus bond as investigators continue the search for her missing children.

Police Captain Darren Francke said in a press conference Monday morning that police are beginning to build a homicide case against Hoggle. He said police interviewed her for 15 hours, including sending her husband Troy Turner in to talk with her, after apprehending her Friday, but she would not tell police where the children are located.

Hoggle, 27, has been the subject of intense scrutiny since police announced Sept. 9 that they were concerned about the well-being of her two children, Jacob Hoggle, 2, and Sarah Hoggle, 3, after Hoggle, who has been diagnosed with paranoid schizophrenia, and the children disappeared.

Francke said Hoggle was “lucid” during the interview and told police she had been taking her medication. Hoggle told police the two young children were in a safe location and together, Francke said. He said Turner asked Hoggle at least 25 times, if not more, to reveal the location of the children, but she did not.

Police also plan to pursue charges of parental abduction against Hoggle, according to Francke. She is currently charged with two counts of child neglect as well as obstructing and hindering a police investigation.

Francke said she is currently undergoing a medical evaluation by doctors at the Department of Corrections and they will determine what to do regarding her medical treatment.
More...

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #9 on: September 21, 2014, 08:50:25 AM »

From the way this article is titled, one would think the not only the children but also the father were missing.  He's helping search for his children.   

http://www.wusa9.com/story/news/local/georgetown/2014/09/18/missing-md-kids-catherine-sarah-jacob-hoggle-troy-turner/15847361/
Dad of missing Md. Hoggle kids still searching
September 18, 2014

GERMANTOWN, Md. (WUSA9) -- Almost two weeks since two Maryland children went missing, volunteers and police are continuing to search for three-year-old Sarah Hoggle and two-year-old Jacob Hoggle.

Police have been focusing their search in the Germantown area and have searched more than 14,000 acres so far.

The children's mother, Catherine Hoggle, has been charged in their disappearance. Police are building a homicide case against Hoggle. They said they do not expect to find the children alive.

"If you find what we believe you will, we ask that you back away immediately. Do not touch anything," Montgomery County Police Captain Darren Francke said.

Father Troy Turner said he hasn't given up hope.

"I definitely believe they're out there," Turner said. Asked about the homicide case, Turner said police are just doing their job, looking at probability and eliminating all options.

Troy Turner, along with volunteers, will meet at 8:30 Saturday morning between Chick Fil A and Seneca Valley to search for the children. There is a $20,000 reward in the case.

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #10 on: September 21, 2014, 08:51:39 AM »

http://www.wusa9.com/story/news/local/maryland/2014/09/20/community-search-missing-clarksburg-kids/15962413/
Community search for missing Clarksburg kids
September 20, 2014

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #11 on: September 21, 2014, 08:54:21 AM »

http://www.nbcwashington.com/news/local/Missing-Childrens-Father-Troy-Turner-Sarah-Jacob-Hoggle-Montgomery-County-275844551.html
Missing Children's Father Troy Turner Teams Up With Md. Missing Person's Network
September 20, 2014

The father of two missing Maryland toddlers has teamed up with the Maryland Missing Person's Network in an effort to locate his young children.
Montgomery County police have searched thousands of acres of land this week in the search for 2-year-old Jacob and 3-year-old Sarah. Their mother, Catherine Hoggle, has yet to reveal the exact location of her two children, telling police she gave them to a friend before changing her story. Jacob was last seen Sept. 7 and Sarah was last seen the following day.
Hoggle said the two were "alive and safe," but police have transitioned to a homicide investigation based on the amount of time the children have been gone and the 15-hour interrogation of the Montgomery County mom.
The children's dad, Troy Turner, told News4 he's confident Sarah and Jacob are alive, and that Hoggle is incapable of harming them. All week, he's been searching for the kids along with friends and co-workers, and Friday, he launched a new search with the help of Maryland Missing Person's Network.

"[I'll keep looking for them until] someone turns my kids in or I kick down a door and go get them," he said. "Whatever reality she's formed, she feels like she's protecting the children by hiding them."
Montgomery County police say they have reviewed the group's plan to make sure that it is safe and as effective as possible. While police say they do not endorse the community search, the department is providing some guidance and expertise. 
A member of the police search team will act as a liaison, or direct link, for the community search group.

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #12 on: September 21, 2014, 08:56:48 AM »

http://baltimore.cbslocal.com/2014/09/20/search-continues-for-missing-montgomery-county-toddlers/
Search Continues For Missing Montgomery County Toddlers
September 20, 2014

ROCKVILLE, Md. (WJZ) — In Montgomery County, the search continues a second week for two toddlers last seen with their mother before her arrest. Catherine Hoggle lied to her common law husband and father of her two children about where she took their children nearly two weeks ago.

Volunteers were sent out in groups searching specific locations in Gaithersburg, Rockville, Darnestown, Germantown, Montgomery Village and Poolesville.
This Saturday brought out more volunteers than the children’s father and maternal grandfather could imagine.
“People don’t know me. It’s a testament to the community’s character when they come out like this,” the children’s father, Troy Turner, said. “They know two kids need them and they’re just coming out.”
“It’s just heartwarming because people care this much. It proves what’s great about America,” said Randy Hoggle, the children’s grandfather. “These people don’t know any of us, but they’re here to help. And this is how we’ll find them.”
A trained tracker dog sniffed both Sarah and Jacob’s car seats to pick up the children’s scent. Police were hoping it would lead to clues in finding the toddles. Unforunately, like all search groups Saturday, they found nothing.

Catherine Hoggle was missing for four days before she was found and arrested after being seen in Germantown. She faces charges of child neglect and obstruction.

cw618
Monkey Junky

« Reply #13 on: November 07, 2014, 08:01:06 PM »

Judge REFUSES to let mother of missing toddlers out of mental institution so that she can lead police to her children - even though they are in 'danger'
By MICHAEL ZENNIE FOR MAILONLINE
PUBLISHED: 09:12 EST, 7 November 2014 | UPDATED: 13:05 EST, 7 November 2014

A judge in Maryland has refused to allowed the mother of two missing toddlers out of a state mental institution so that she can lead police to her children.
The family of Jacob and Sarah Hoggle, 2 and 3, are furious with the decision by Montgomery County District Court Judge Eugene Wolfe. They believe the toddlers, who were reported missing on September 8, could still be alive and in grave danger.
Judge Wolfe said Catherine Hoggle, 27, has been diagnosed as a paranoid schizophrenic and has been ruled not competent to stand trial on charges of abduction, neglect and hindering an investigation.
Her lawyer argued that it is wrong for authorities to ask Hoggle to take them to her children because she would be incriminating herself, the Washington Post reports.
Scroll down for video

Jacob and Sarah's relatives, including her father - Catherine Hoggle's longtime boyfriend - say she is the only one who knows where the children are.
'It’s infuriating,' Troy Turner told the Post.
The judge ordered police and prosecutors not to speak to her until she is deemed mentally fit to stand trial - meaning that they can't press her on where Jacob and Sarah are.
Prosecutors say that Hoggle claimed in phone calls from her mental ward at the state psychiatric hospital that she wanted to lead authorities to her children and that they are still alive.
Authorities aren't sure whether Hoggle is telling the truth - or even if she is mentally fit to know what she is saying - but they argued that even the smallest chance that she could aid in the rescue of Jacob and Seth makes it worth the effort.
However, when prosecutors filed a motion asking that Hoggle be allowed out of the hospital to lead police to her children, her defense lawyer stepped in and said that she no longer wants to help police.

more
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2825296/Family-s-fury-judge-refuses-allow-mother-missing-toddlers-mental-institution-lead-police-children.html

« Last Edit: November 08, 2014, 03:08:24 AM by Nut44x4 » Logged

Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #14 on: November 08, 2014, 03:08:59 AM »

Brothers and Sisters, I bid you beware/Of giving your heart to a dog to tear  -- Rudyard Kipling

'I remained too much inside my head and ended up losing my mind' -Edgar Allen Poe
Red
Administrator
Monkey Junky

« Reply #15 on: April 19, 2015, 11:34:56 PM »

Police continue search for missing Hoggle children

http://www.wusa9.com/story/news/local/maryland/2015/04/19/police-continue-search-for-missing-hoggle-children/26033507/

With the help of multiple surrounding agencies, the Montgomery Police Department conducted its largest recovery search effort Sunday for Sarah and Jacob Hoggle, ages 4 and 2, who have been missing for over seven months.

The children disappeared in the care of their mother on Sept. 7 and 8 of 2014 from the Darnestown, Md. area.

Since their disappearance, police have conducted several recovery searches scouring park lands in the Darnestown, Boyds and Clarksburg areas for remains. The family has also conducted multiple searches. However, their searches focus on finding the children alive.

Why now, after the children have been missing for about seven months? Montgomery County Detective Jason Huggins told WUSA9 they have no new leads but Sunday was the day and opportunity they had to bring in extra resources. Huggins also said, "We don't have the same leaf coverage that we had in September so we get a different prospective, a different view of the area."

Commenting on Sunday's massive search, Turner said, "I think it's great because like I said, to me it's a process of elimination at this point. When there's place to search – when there's not - then hopefully they can concentrate on trying to find my kids who I still believe are out there."

"I haven't seen anything. I've been all through the creek and all through the woods and they have too," said Jay Summerour fishing with friends at Seneca Creek State Park.
« Last Edit: April 19, 2015, 11:42:04 PM by Red » Logged
Red
Administrator
Monkey Junky

« Reply #16 on: April 19, 2015, 11:36:36 PM »

Facebook: Find Sarah & Jacob Hoggle

http://findsarahfindjacob.com/
« Last Edit: April 19, 2015, 11:42:34 PM by Red » Logged
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #17 on: December 25, 2015, 04:27:25 AM »

Catherine Hoggle, a diagnosed paranoid schizophrenic, is being held in a Maryland State Psychiatric Hospital without bond following the September 2014 disappearance of her two young children.

Anyone with information about the disappearance of 2-year-old Jacob Hoggle and 3-year-old Sarah Hoggle is asked to contact the tipline at 240-773-TIPS.
http://www.hlntv.com/shows/nancy-grace/articles/2015/12/15/hoggle-children-missing

Does mom hold clues to kids’ disappearances?

Updated 1:09 PM EST,

Tue December 15, 2015

Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #18 on: April 05, 2016, 06:25:38 PM »

http://wtop.com/montgomery-county/2016/04/montgomery-co-family-plans-new-search-missing-children/slide/1/#./?&_suid=145989697281604236986543457123

Montgomery Co. family launches new search for missing children
4/1/16

Family members searched the 253-acre Goshen Recreational Park in Montgomery County on Saturday. Another search is planned for Sunday.

After launching their own investigation into the children’s disappearance, the family led a new  search of the 253-acre Goshen Recreational Park in Montgomery County on Saturday and will be there again on Sunday.

“We just feel like there’s an area that’s been missed that would actually have a high possibility of being a place that she would take them to, if she did something to them,” said Troy Turner, the children’s father.

Jacob and Sarah were last with their mother, Catherine Hoggle, in September 2014 and haven’t been seen since. Their mother suffers from paranoid schizophrenia and is at a psychiatric facility. She has only said the children are with a friend.

Since their disappearance, the children’s father has continued to search, and with the help of a private investigator, he has tried to retrace the steps of Catherine Hoggle on the day the kids disappeared.
Turner said he still holds on to hope that his children are alive, but he says the search of the park is not for living children.

Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #19 on: April 05, 2017, 03:10:58 AM »

https://patch.com/maryland/rockville/missing-hoggle-kids-mother-remain-mental-hospital

Missing Hoggle Kids: Mother To Remain In Mental Hospital
The mother of Sarah and Jacob Hoggle, missing for 2.5 years, is not competent to stand trial and cannot be questioned about their fate.

By Deb Belt (Patch Staff) - April 3, 2017 8:55 pm ET
ROCKVILLE, MD — Frustration over the two-and-a-half year absence of two Montgomery County youngsters from their home vented in a courtroom Monday, as a grandmother of the missing Sarah and Jacob Hoggle shouted a prayer after being denied a chance to speak. At a status hearing, a judge found the children's mother, Catherine Hoggle of Clarksburg, is still not mentally competent to stand trial for the disappearance of her children and will remain confined in a state psychiatric hospital for treatment.

Catherine was the last person to see the children in September 2014 and has refused to say what became of them, only that Sarah, now 6, and son Jacob, now 4, are safe with someone. Doctors at Clifton T. Perkins State Hospital say the schizophrenic mom is still not mentally competent to stand trial for the September 2014 disappearance of her two youngest children, Sarah and Jacob Hoggle.

Catherine Hoggle's attorney, David Felsen, has said previously that the doctors at Perkins believe Hoggle’s mental competency is restorable, and he reiterated that view after Monday's court hearing. The next status hearing for Hoggle is scheduled for Thursday, July 6.

Troy Turner, the missing children's father and Hoggle's longtime partner, has maintained that Catherine is acting a part so she can avoid trial on charges linked to the children's disappearance. On social media Turner has said that Catherine tried at least eight times last year to escape from her maximum security facility, either by tying bedsheets together or taking a security card from staffers.
The FindSarahFindJacob Facebook page maintained by Turner's supporters asked followers to share the story and try to get media sites to cover the disappearance. "We agree with you that it is beyond ridiculous that she's not bound to tell us anything and that the children have not had a voice," the page said to one commenter last week. 

Pages: 1 2 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.