April 19, 2024, 12:37:44 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Colton Brandt Turner, 2 YO, Last Seen by Others July 2014-Remains found  (Read 63110 times)
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #20 on: September 12, 2014, 04:55:31 PM »

http://www.kvue.com/story/news/local/2014/09/11/two-year-old-cedar-park-boy-missing/15474501/
Police find remains believed to be missing boy
September 12, 2014

CEDAR PARK, Texas -- Police said Friday they have found remains of a small child believed to be Colton Brandt Turner, a missing 2-year-old boy.

STAR Flight and officers spent Friday searching for Turner and found the remains around 2:05 p.m., police say. They were searching Southeast Austin, near Felton Lane and Burleson Road, after the Austin Police Department received a tip regarding the boy's whereabouts.

Austin Police Chief Art Acevedo said they are no longer looking for a missing child, they are investigating a death. Austin police are taking over the case since Turner's remains were found in Southeast Austin. Acevedo said in a press conference that police are as certain as they can be that the remains are Turner, but they have a lot of work ahead of them to make sure.

On Friday afternoon, Williamson County officials said 20-year-old Meagan Work, Turner's mom, is being held in the booking area of the Williamson County Jail. Investigators said Friday that Work gave police inconsistent accounts of the child's whereabouts and told them she hadn't seen the boy since July.

Acevedo said Work is a person of interest in Turner's death.

Police received a call around 6:20 p.m. Wednesday regarding a welfare concern of a child. Cedar Park police officers found the child's mother, but not the child.

Detectives said the person who called police saw pictures the boy's father posted of him on Facebook, showing him with cuts and bruises. KVUE spoke with Turner's father on Facebook. He said the last time he had seen his son way May 30. When Turner's mother disappeared, he tried to find them and contacted police then. He said a family member recently shared the photos of Turner's cuts and bruises, and he immediately shared them with police.

A search of Williamson County Jail records showed that Work has a criminal history, including charges of animal cruelty and assault.

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #21 on: September 12, 2014, 04:56:01 PM »

It seems to me more than just Colton's mother will be looked at very, very closely.

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #22 on: September 12, 2014, 05:05:48 PM »

http://kxan.com/2014/09/12/apd-fbi-cedar-park-investigating-in-southeast-austin/
Child’s remains found in Southeast Austin
September 12, 2014

AUSTIN (KXAN) —  The search for missing 2-year-old Colton Brandt Turner turned tragic Friday as a child’s body was found in Southeast Austin where the FBI, Austin and Cedar Park police were searching in a wooded area near the intersection of Burleson Road and  Felter Lane.

Meagan Work is facing charges for possession of drug paraphernalia from January 2014 in addition to the charges that are pending in Williamson and Travis Counties in connection with Colton’s disappearance.

In late 2013, she pleaded guilty to animal cruelty in Williamson County. She also pleaded guilty to assault causing bodily injury stemming from a May 2013 incident where she hit another woman.

Green Eyes
Monkey Mega Star

Happy Spring

« Reply #23 on: September 12, 2014, 06:02:14 PM »

It seems to me more than just Colton's mother will be looked at very, very closely.

Another    Rest in Peace Colton an angelic monkey

GOD BLESS AMERICA
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #24 on: September 12, 2014, 10:30:59 PM »

I find this story rather conflicting.  JMHO

http://kxan.com/2014/09/12/friends-shocked-at-news-of-coltons-death/
Friends shocked at news of Colton’s death
September 12, 2014

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #25 on: September 13, 2014, 10:08:09 AM »

http://www.kvue.com/story/news/local/2014/09/12/authorities-wait-for-forensic-testing-on-body-of-child/15545713/
Authorities wait for forensic testing on body of child
September 13, 2014

CEDAR PARK – Authorities with Austin police, Cedar Park police, the Texas Rangers and the FBI are hoping forensic test results will shed more light on the cause of death of a young child found deceased in southeast Austin Friday around 2 p.m.

The body, found in a shallow grave off Burleson and Felter west of Austin's Airport, is believed to be that of 2-year old Colton Brandt Turner.

The youngster was last seen in July according to his mother 20-year old Meagan Work who is now charged with endangering a child and abandoning a child. Work has been booked into the Travis County jail.

Sept. 13, Saturday at 7 p.m., members of the Cedar Park community are holding a candlelight vigil in Colton Turner's honor in front of the Cedar Park Police Station 911 Quest Pkwy, Cedar Park, TX 78613.

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #26 on: September 13, 2014, 10:14:31 AM »

http://kxan.com/2014/09/12/colton-turners-remains-found-in-se-austin/
Colton Turner’s remains found in SE Austin, police say
"We have every reason to believe the remains of that child are those of little Colton Turner"
September 12, 2014

Police say the body believed to be Colton Turner’s was found in this area. (KXAN Photo)

Police received a call about 6:20 p.m. Wednesday concerned about Colton’s welfare. Cedar Park officers were able to find his mother, 20-year-old Meagan Work, but did not find Colton. Police say Work has been living out of her car for the last several months. Officers found her outside a Cedar Park home but would not say who alerted them to her whereabouts.

Work has been charged with abandoning and endangering a child without intent to return. Online jail records showed she had been released from the Williamson County Jail on Friday. She was later booked into the Travis County Jail about 8:45 p.m., and is charged with tampering with evidence. Austin police noted that additional charges are pending.

Mannix said Friday that Work gave them three different accounts as to where Colton was and none of them check out. From there, Investigators determined the last time the boy was seen with people other than his mother was in July.

Colton Turner Case Timeline at above link.

From the article comments:

HappyAsALark • a day ago
per her facebook page post of 9/8…she's pregnant. 4 months. tell me that child will be taken away from this pos as soon as its born. 

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #27 on: September 13, 2014, 10:16:56 AM »

http://www.myfoxaustin.com/story/26517296/breaking-news-search-for-colton-turner
Police believe child’s remains found, mother booked into jail
September 12, 2014

Police say they have every reason to believe that the remains of a small child found in Southeast Austin are those of two-year-old Colton Turner. Cedar Park police reported Colton as missing and in danger Thursday.

A candlelight vigil is planned for Colton at 7 p.m. on Saturday, September 13th next to the Cedar Park Police Department.

Police say at around 2:05 p.m. they located a body off Felter and Burleson Road. Officers say the body was in a small grave.

Colton's mother, Meagan Work, was booked into the Williamson County Jail for abandoning and endangering a child without the intent to return. She was later moved to the Travis County Jail where she was booked for tampering evidence with additional charges pending.

Police say Work is the person of interest in this case but did say in a press conference that there may be other persons of interest. Police say they are interviewing people at this time.

Cedar Park police say on Wednesday someone sent them photos of Colton with bruises. Officers located Work and questioned her at length on Thursday. Police say Work told them she last saw her son in July and gave multiple stories that didn't check out as to what happened between then and now.

The Austin Police Department has taken the lead on the investigation. APD Chief Art Acevedo said at a press conference this afternoon, “I can tell you anyone that places a child in a small, shallow grave, the fact you can do that doesn't speak well of you as a human being and I cringe at the thought of the life he had while living.”

Red
Administrator
Monkey Junky

« Reply #28 on: September 13, 2014, 10:51:19 AM »

Just a crying shame.

This young little tyke never had a chance.

Rest in Peace Colton.
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

ARUBA: It's all about Natalee...we won't give up!

« Reply #29 on: September 13, 2014, 11:38:28 AM »

Poor little guy, he's safe now. 

Rest in peace, Colton.   an angelic monkey

I stand with the girl, Natalee Holloway.

"I can look back over the past 10 years and there were no steps wasted, and there are no regrets,'' she said. "I did all I knew to do and I think that gives me greater peace now." "I've lived every parent's worst nightmare and I'm the parent that nobody wants to be," she said.

Beth Holloway, 2015 interview with Greta van Susteren
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #30 on: September 13, 2014, 12:58:13 PM »

Another child who never had a chance.   
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #31 on: September 13, 2014, 04:59:54 PM »

I agree with Red and Klaasend that Colton never had a chance.     It's just heartbreaking that not only did he not have a chance, just the idea of the life he  had until his demise must have been so bad it's difficult for me to think about.   

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #32 on: September 13, 2014, 06:57:15 PM »

http://kxan.com/2014/09/12/coltons-death-the-players-backgrounds/
Colton Turner death: the players’ backgrounds
Published: September 12, 2014, 5:56 pm    Updated: September 13, 2014, 11:19 am

Meagan Work

More recently, a senior Cedar Park Police official reportedly said Meagan Work has been the subject of abuse complaints made to the State Department of Child and Family Protective Services. Those records are not releasable due to privacy laws.

In June of 2012, Williamson County criminal court records show Work was charged with animal abuse and later pleaded guilty after a horse tied to a tree at her boyfriend’s mother’s house in Leander became tangled in its lead rope. A police report contends the animal named Rasha suffocated.

In May of 2013, Work was charged with assault with bodily injury after an early morning bar fight involving another woman at a Cedar Park night club. Police sources also indicate she has been the victim of an assault at least once. Meagan is currently waiting a hearing on a misdemeanor charge filed against her in January of Possession / Delivery of Drug Paraphernalia.

She was booked into the Williamson County jail Friday and briefly held on a felony charge of endangering or abandoning a child without the intent to return. NEW: Hours later Friday evening, she was transferred to the Travis County jail and booked on a charge of tampering with evidence. KXAN learned additional charges are pending.

Michael Brant Turner.

Meagan’s reported boyfriend is 29 year-old Michael Brant Turner. Friends of the family tell KXAN he knew Colton most of his life and was considered a father figure. KXAN found he has a lengthy criminal history in Williamson County dating back to 2002 – That history includes animal cruelty, theft, assault, public intoxication, burglary of a habitation and bail jumping.

Brandon Lee Pelfrey

Colton’s biological father is Brandon Lee Pelfrey. He’s 22. There’s no record of his being married to Work in Williamson County civil courts. A friend of Pelfrey’s told KXAN Pelfrey won partial custody of Colton but did not know about it since he missed the court date. This week, it’s reported he was one of the people asking police for help finding the boy.

Friends also say he was not around much after Colton was born. In 2011, when Pelfrey was 18, he was sentenced to four years in prison after pleading guilty to assaulting a mentally disabled teen with two other men. Later this year, he’s due back in court for a public intoxication charge.

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #33 on: September 14, 2014, 10:49:07 AM »

To view pictures, blue links are clickable.

September 13, 2014 tweets
https://twitter.com/amberd_KVUE

Amber Downing @amberd_kvue  ·  12h
The 10 o'clock newscast could be more like 10:30. Worth the wait! There are ppl still here at the #ColtonTurner memorial.  @KVUE

Amber Downing @amberd_kvue  ·  15h
Police officers attending #ColtonTurner memorial point out rainbow as sky clears. @KVUE pic.twitter.com/7UDDrPSmsH

#ColtonTurner's stuffed animal pile grows as the crowd does too. @KVUE pic.twitter.com/BPJCCA1LrF

Probably 100 people here. #coltonturner @KVUE pic.twitter.com/rpgHg8HSUU

Streets and nearby parking lots filling up as more and more come to honor little #ColtonTurner @KVUE pic.twitter.com/46feJQII6D

An emotional day for many. Some shed tears as they write notes to #ColtonTurner @KVUE pic.twitter.com/Y8sVLsEGZ4

Amber Downing @amberd_kvue  ·  16h
Teddy bears, notes, balloons being left for #coltonturner @KVUE pic.twitter.com/iNc9jqqS2F

Balloons for #ColtonTurner @KVUE pic.twitter.com/pJ5ikAKgrE

People starting to gather at memorial for #ColtonTurner at Heritage Oak Park in Cedar Park. @KVUE

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #34 on: September 14, 2014, 10:56:33 AM »

BBM -- From articles posted above, some indicate Meagen Work had been living out of her car for several months.  I guess no one knew this?  When Colton was alive, was he too living out of the car? 

http://www.kvue.com/story/news/local/2014/09/14/memorial-for-2-year-old-colton-turner-draws-hundreds/15609257/
Memorial for 2-year-old Colton Turner draws hundreds
September 13, 2014

CEDAR PARK -- The somber sound of "Amazing Grace" fills the park as hundreds gather to remember a life lost too soon. Just 24 hours before, Varsha Megha, mother of eight, heard about little Colton Turner, a two-year-old boy whose body was found in Southeast Austin.

"When I heard about what was going on, I cried," Megha said. "I broke down and I started speaking to some friends online and they felt the same way".

Megha invited 15 people to pray for Colton at the big tree at Heritage Oak Park, but that number quickly grew on the Facebook Event "Prayers for Colton" as 1,300 people RSVP'd.

"This is a small town like that and we are a community and we're hurting right now," said Megha.

Despite the rain, about 350 people showed up to write down their feelings, give gifts and send Colton off with love.

"Everyone's feeling the same things," said Melissa Mayfield. "They're here to support a child".

"It just brings unity to the entire community and their family and what's important about it and that's remembering him for the sweet little child that he was," said Casey Manion.

Manion grew up with 20-year-old Meagan Work, who's facing multiple charges in connection with her son's death. Manion, like many in the community, feel a level of responsibility for what happened.

"I didn't see anything out of the ordinary to lead you to believe something bad was going on and that's what makes me really angry," Manion said.

Colton Turner would have turned 3 on Sept. 21, 2014. Some members of the community are holding a birthday party for him at Elizabeth M. Milburn Community Park Sept. 21. Organizers will take toys that were donated at the vigil to the party.

Sister
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #35 on: September 14, 2014, 02:12:10 PM »

People like this should be allowed to have children.  I know it's their right . . . but the ones who suffer the most . . . in ways I don't even want to imagine . . . are the children.  Where are their rights?

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #36 on: September 14, 2014, 02:56:48 PM »

http://www.statesman.com/news/news/bond-for-meagan-work-set-at-250000/nhMbW/
Bail for Meagan Work set at $250,000
September 14, 2014

The bail for Meagan Rena Work, the 20-year-old mother suspected of involvement in the likely death of her 2-year-old son Colton Brandt Turner, was set at $250,000, according to Travis County jail records.
After police arrested Work for abandonment of a child Wednesday because she said she hadn’t seen her son for months and didn’t know where he was, investigators found what they believe to be Colton Turner’s remains in South Austin on Friday.
Austin police have referred to Work as a “person of interest” in the case. Officials have said that Work was homeless and living in a car with her son when he was last seen in July.

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #37 on: September 14, 2014, 04:52:30 PM »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l_yi5bmM5qM&feature=youtu.be
Chase Defends Meagan Work and Baby's Father

Published on Sep 13, 2014
Chase called into the Jeff Ward Show with some crucial insight to the story.

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #38 on: September 14, 2014, 04:56:33 PM »

I've seen and heard lots of comments comparing Meagan Work to Casey Anthony.  Some call her The Texas Casey Anthony.  Caylee Anthony never had justice.  Let's hope there is justice for Colton. 

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #39 on: September 15, 2014, 03:05:52 PM »

September 15, 2014 Tweets
https://twitter.com/ciaraorourke

Ciara O'Rourke @ciaraorourke  ·  2h
Though police say both mother and boyfriend admit to burying Colton, more questions than answers in this affidavit: http://shar.es/1a1NBy

Ciara O'Rourke @ciaraorourke  ·  5h
Then, according to court records, she and Turner waited until dark to bury Colton. They have both been charged with tampering with evidence.

She said Colton had a seizure in July, that she and Turner tried to nurse him back to health at a motel, and that he was dead when she woke.

When police told Work that Turner had led them to Colton's grave, she changed her story, according to court records.

Turner is the person who told police where to find Colton.

Turner, Work's boyfriend, told police Colton was wrapped in a purple blanket, buried 2-3 feet in the ground and covered in wood, sheet rock.   

After Meagan Work told police several stories about what happened to Colton, Michael Turner said he was dead, according to court records.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.