March 18, 2024, 11:53:41 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: UVA Coed Hannah Elizabeth Graham Missing Since 9/13/14 in Charlottesville, VA#1  (Read 618982 times)
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #140 on: September 21, 2014, 05:54:18 PM »

Could it be that Jessie Matthew will return voluntarily for questioning accompanied by an attorney?

Janet

+++++

Man seen with UVa student faces driving charge
Sep 21, 2014 2:26 PM PDT

CHARLOTTESVILLE, Va. (AP) - A man seen with a University of Virginia student before she disappeared was being sought Sunday on arrest warrants charging him with reckless driving, police announced at a news conference.

Virginia State Police issued the warrants for Jesse Matthew on Saturday after he left the Charlottesville Police Department's station, authorities said. Matthew came to the station with several family members and asked for a lawyer, they said. He was provided with a lawyer and left in a vehicle, driving at a high rate of speed that endangered other drivers, Charlottesville Police Chief Timothy Longo said, adding Matthew was at the station for about an hour.

Law enforcement authorities who had been monitoring Matthew chased

<snipped>

"Somebody's gotta know where she is and we want to know who that person or persons are," Longo said.

"I don't want to get tunnel vision just because we have a name, just because we saw her with a particular person," he said.

<snipped>

http://www.abc6.com/story/26588617/man-seen-with-uva-student-faces-driving-charge

Loving Natalee - Beth Holloway
Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

ARUBA: It's all about Natalee...we won't give up!

« Reply #141 on: September 21, 2014, 06:48:26 PM »

Now that's interesting imo...

http://wvtf.org/post/person-interest-named-charlottesville-investigation

Person of Interest Named in Charlottesville Investigation

By Sandy Hausman & Hawes Spencer

Before going to work as a nursing assistant at the University of Virginia Medical Center, Jesse "LJ" Matthew drove a taxi in Charlottesville for many years. He's shown here with his Yellow Cab in 2007.

I stand with the girl, Natalee Holloway.

"I can look back over the past 10 years and there were no steps wasted, and there are no regrets,'' she said. "I did all I knew to do and I think that gives me greater peace now." "I've lived every parent's worst nightmare and I'm the parent that nobody wants to be," she said.

Beth Holloway, 2015 interview with Greta van Susteren
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #142 on: September 21, 2014, 07:10:54 PM »

http://wvtf.org/post/person-interest-named-charlottesville-investigation

Cropped and enlarged

"I can look back over the past 10 years and there were no steps wasted, and there are no regrets,'' she said. "I did all I knew to do and I think that gives me greater peace now." "I've lived every parent's worst nightmare and I'm the parent that nobody wants to be," she said.

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #143 on: September 21, 2014, 07:18:16 PM »

http://www.nbc29.com/story/15009030/search-still-on-for-harrington-suspect-one-year-after-sketch-released

Search Still On for Harrington Suspect One Year After Sketch Released
Posted: Jun 30, 2011 6:21 PM CST Updated: Jul 14, 2011 6:21 PM CST

http://www.wdbj7.com/news/local/lexington-rockbridge/possible-sighting-of-suspect-in-morgan-harrington-case/28095082

Possible sighting of suspect in Morgan Harrington case
Web Staff, WDBJ7, news@wdbj7.com
POSTED: 09:58 PM EDT Sep 16, 2014    UPDATED: 12:19 PM EDT Sep 17, 2014

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #144 on: September 21, 2014, 07:34:16 PM »

https://www.facebook.com/FindHannahGraham/photos/a.712238528846398.1073741830.711448445592073/714133268656924/?type=1&theater

Help Find Hannah Graham
1 hr

cadillac
Monkey Junky

« Reply #145 on: September 21, 2014, 07:35:47 PM »

If I recall correctly, there is DNA from Morgan's case?

If there was a similarity to Hannah's case, they would not have a problem collecting DNA from this suspect's apartment or car? Meaning his DNA.

thoughts?
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #146 on: September 21, 2014, 07:44:10 PM »

If I recall correctly, there is DNA from Morgan's case?

If there was a similarity to Hannah's case, they would not have a problem collecting DNA from this suspect's apartment or car? Meaning his DNA.

thoughts?

Yes from Morgan's since they matched it to another attack, and I would think they would definitely have the POI's dna now too.  Hopefully they'll know soon if they're dealing with the same perpetrator or not.  They were still waiting on forensics per the earlier press conference...

And hopefully when they know...they'll let us know too!   

jmo

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #147 on: September 21, 2014, 07:46:51 PM »

Today's Press Conference can be viewed here:

http://www.nbc29.com/category/175568/video-landing-page?autoStart=true&topVideoCatNo=default&clipId=10607753

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #148 on: September 21, 2014, 08:03:11 PM »

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2014/09/21/hundreds-volunteers-search-for-missing-university-virginia-student/

Man seen with missing UVA student Hannah Graham faces driving charge
Published September 21, 2014

Virginia State Police issued the warrants for Jesse Matthew on Saturday after he left the Charlottesville Police Department's station, authorities said. Matthew came to the station with several family members and asked for a lawyer, they said. He was provided with a lawyer and left in a vehicle, driving at a high rate of speed that endangered other drivers, Charlottesville Police Chief Timothy Longo said, adding Matthew was at the station for about an hour.

"I believe Jesse Matthew was the last person she was seen with before she vanished off the face of the Earth because it's been a week and we can't find her," Longo said.

Police searched Matthew's car and apartment and are awaiting forensic tests, he added.

"I've made no mistake about it. We want to talk to Jesse Matthew. We want to talk to him," Longo said.

Police said they have focused on Graham's movements the night of Sept. 12 and into the early morning hours of Sept. 13.  Graham, a sophomore from northern Virginia, met friends at a restaurant for dinner, stopped by two parties at off-campus housing units and left the second party alone, police have said.

Surveillance videos showed her walking, and at some points running, past a pub and a service station and then onto the Downtown Mall, a seven-block pedestrian strip lined with shops and restaurants.

"Somebody's gotta know where she is and we want to know who that person or persons are," Longo said.

"I don't want to get tunnel vision just because we have a name, just because we saw her with a particular person," he said.

Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #149 on: September 21, 2014, 08:33:37 PM »

Suspect Discription?

SEPTEMBER 18, 2014

'Person of Interest' Sought in Disappearance of University of Virginia Student Hannah Graham
Sep 18, 2014

<snipped>

A reward totaling $50,000 has been offered for information about missing University of Virginia student Hannah Graham and police said they are looking for a man with a slight beer belly who was reportedly seen with the sophomore on the night she vanished.

The police described the person of interest as being a black man in his 20s or early 30s, about 5-foot-10 or 5-foot-11 with a shaved head and goatee. He weighed between 250 to 285 pounds, has a slight beer belly and was wearing black jeans and a white T-shirt, police said.

"He is a person of interest and if anyone has any information on him or saw him this night, please call the tip line. The number is: (434) 295-3851," a statement from the Charlottesville Police Department said.

The description came from another man who was seen on surveillance videos following Graham on the night she disappeared. The "person of interest" is not seen on any surveillance footage.

<snipped>

http://abcnews.go.com/US/person-interest-sought-disappearance-university-virginia-student-hannah/story?id=25592387

SEPTEMBER 21, 2014

About 1,500 volunteers join search for missing UVa student
September 21, 2014

<snipped>

Charlottesville police Friday morning searched the home and car of the man they said was seen in a downtown restaurant with Graham after 1 a.m. on Sept 13. She was last heard from in a text to friends around 1:30 a.m. on Sept. 13.  That text reportedly indicated she was lost.

Charlottesville Police Chief Timothy J. Longo said Friday that officers briefly talked to the man when they searched his residence in the Hessian Hills condominium complex. While not naming him, Longo reiterated the man’s description several times; a black man, about 32 years old, 6 feet, 2 inches tall and about 270 pounds with dreadlocks.  He is seen in surveillance video taken at 1:08 a.m. Sept. 13 on the mall wearing a white shirt and white knee-length shorts[/b].

http://www.timesdispatch.com/news/state-regional/police-man-and-missing-uva-student-hannah-graham-were-at/article_8d22ed24-a86d-57e0-aa3b-43e8f021bc14.html

Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #150 on: September 22, 2014, 10:29:18 AM »

September 2, 2014 Tweets
https://twitter.com/MikeMurilloWTOP

Mike Murillo @MikeMurilloWTOP  ·  42m
"You really got to balance the risk that it imposes to others,versus the need to continue the pursuit," Longo said. @WTOP #HannahGraham

Mike Murillo @MikeMurilloWTOP  ·  43m
Because the pursuit happened during the day in a residential area officer chose not to chase Matthew @WTOP #HannahGraham

Mike Murillo @MikeMurilloWTOP  ·  45m
Longo says it wasn't "covert surveillance" and believes Mathew knew officers where there and sped off. @WTOP #HannahGraham

Mike Murillo @MikeMurilloWTOP  ·  47m
The chief says after visit Matthew sped off trying to avoid Va. State PD and federal officers keeping an eye on him. @WTOP  #HannahGraham

Mike Murillo @MikeMurilloWTOP  ·  51m
Longo says "we knew no more about what happened to #HannahGraham than when he walked through that door." @WTOP #HannahGraham

Mike Murillo @MikeMurilloWTOP  ·  52m
When Mathew came to the station Longo was hopeful "that he was gonna talk to us, that he was gonna help us find Hannah." @WTOP #HannahGraham

Mike Murillo @MikeMurilloWTOP  ·  1h
Longo says "We've turned up some spots where we think he may have been. Those turned up with negative results." @WTOP #HannahGraham

Longo says they are in contact with other departments in case Matthew is no longer in Charlottesville. @WTOP #HannahGraham

I talked to Charlottesville Police Chief Timmothy Lungo this morning, he says search continues for Jesse Matthew, @WTOP #HannahGraham

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #151 on: September 22, 2014, 02:09:52 PM »

Suspect Discription?

SEPTEMBER 18, 2014

'Person of Interest' Sought in Disappearance of University of Virginia Student Hannah Graham
Sep 18, 2014

<snipped>

A reward totaling $50,000 has been offered for information about missing University of Virginia student Hannah Graham and police said they are looking for a man with a slight beer belly who was reportedly seen with the sophomore on the night she vanished.

The police described the person of interest as being a black man in his 20s or early 30s, about 5-foot-10 or 5-foot-11 with a shaved head and goatee. He weighed between 250 to 285 pounds, has a slight beer belly and was wearing black jeans and a white T-shirt, police said.

"He is a person of interest and if anyone has any information on him or saw him this night, please call the tip line. The number is: (434) 295-3851," a statement from the Charlottesville Police Department said.

The description came from another man who was seen on surveillance videos following Graham on the night she disappeared. The "person of interest" is not seen on any surveillance footage.

<snipped>

http://abcnews.go.com/US/person-interest-sought-disappearance-university-virginia-student-hannah/story?id=25592387

SEPTEMBER 21, 2014

About 1,500 volunteers join search for missing UVa student
September 21, 2014

<snipped>

Charlottesville police Friday morning searched the home and car of the man they said was seen in a downtown restaurant with Graham after 1 a.m. on Sept 13. She was last heard from in a text to friends around 1:30 a.m. on Sept. 13.  That text reportedly indicated she was lost.

Charlottesville Police Chief Timothy J. Longo said Friday that officers briefly talked to the man when they searched his residence in the Hessian Hills condominium complex. While not naming him, Longo reiterated the man’s description several times; a black man, about 32 years old, 6 feet, 2 inches tall and about 270 pounds with dreadlocks.  He is seen in surveillance video taken at 1:08 a.m. Sept. 13 on the mall wearing a white shirt and white knee-length shorts[/b].

http://www.timesdispatch.com/news/state-regional/police-man-and-missing-uva-student-hannah-graham-were-at/article_8d22ed24-a86d-57e0-aa3b-43e8f021bc14.html

I agree that Jesse Matthew's lack of cooperation does appear incriminating but ....

When the description provided by the male who was captured on surveillance camera following/stalking Hannah Graham differs drastically from the actual description of Jesse Matthew ... description of clothing ... could the it be that his report to authorities was intentionally misleading?

Could it be that the male who was captured on surveillance camera following/stalking Hannah Graham approached the inebriated young lady following her and Jesse Matthew going their separate ways after leaving the restaurant?

Janet

+++++

Jesse Matthew: Person Of Interest In Hannah Graham Case Loses Police During Chase, Now On The Run
September 22, 2014

<snipped>

“I have been talking with his mother. He said he went his way and she went hers. He told his mother he bought her some drinks. He said she did not get into his car. The girl went her way and he went his,” Jesse’s grandmother, Christine Carr, told Daily Mail on September 20.

<snipped>

http://www.inquisitr.com/1491750/jesse-matthew-person-of-interest-in-hannah-graham-loses-police-during-chase/

Police: Witness saw man put arm around missing UVa. student Hannah Graham
September 17, 2014

<snipped>

Wednesday evening Capt. Gary Pleasants told CBS 6 reporter Melissa Hipolit that they examined two new videos, which showed an unidentified white male following Graham.

The first video was taken at 1:06 a.m.  from Sal’s Pizza, located at 221 E. Main St. It shows a white male walking into the cameras view, he looks over his shoulder, then steps into a doorway and Graham walks past him, police said.

After she passes, the male starts walking behind her.

<snipped>

Pleasants then said that the man in the video came to the police station, and said he had also left his story on the tip line.

He told police that he was walking with her to make sure she was okay, because she seemed physically distressed and he “wanted to make sure she got safely wherever she was going.”

The man told police that he saw a black man approach Hannah, and that man put his arm around her.

<snipped>

http://wtvr.com/2014/09/17/police-unknown-man-seen-walking-behind-missing-uva-student-hannah-graham/

_____

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #152 on: September 22, 2014, 02:29:35 PM »

https://www.facebook.com/FindHannahGraham/photos/a.712238528846398.1073741830.711448445592073/714504801953104/?type=1&theater

Help Find Hannah Graham
28 mins

Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #153 on: September 22, 2014, 02:31:03 PM »

Arrest Warrant Issued for Jesse L. Matthew for Traffic Violation, Person of Interest in Case of Missing Hannah Graham

Posted September 22, 2014 by Scared Monkeys

http://scaredmonkeys.com/2014/09/22/arrest-warrant-issued-for-jesse-l-matthew-for-traffic-violation-person-of-interest-in-case-of-missing-hannah-graham/

_____

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #154 on: September 22, 2014, 02:34:16 PM »

No time to snip and post right now, but several updates here:

http://www.dailyprogress.com/news/local/search-for-graham-shifts-to-jefferson-park-avenue-state-lab/article_ebd73df8-41fc-11e4-a871-001a4bcf6878.html

Green Eyes
Monkey Mega Star

Happy Spring

« Reply #155 on: September 22, 2014, 02:54:53 PM »

Thanks texasmom for the up date. 

GOD BLESS AMERICA
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #156 on: September 22, 2014, 03:03:25 PM »

Considering there are no witnesses or surveillance that implies Hannah Graham left in Jesse Matthew's vehicle on the morning of September 13th ... forensics or the lack of forensics appears where it is at.

Could it be that an attorney will advise Jesse to turn himself in to face traffic violation charges as well as submit to questions regarding his encounter with Hannah.

I would assume that in the course of the investigation the white male who was captured on surveillance following/stalking Hannah was questioned and his vehicle/apartment was searched.

Janet

++++ 

Police release photo of man sought in disappearance of Hannah Graham
Posted: Monday, September 22, 2014 1:29 pm

<snipped>

Forensics workers at the state lab in Richmond worked through the weekend to process items authorities seized from the home and car of the man they say was the last person to see Hannah Graham, said Charlottesville police Capt. Gary Pleasants.

“We’re expecting those results possibly today or maybe tomorrow,” Pleasants said.

<snipped>

Pleasants would not say whether police are considering anyone else a person of interest or suspect in Graham’s case.

“We are discounting nothing at this point,” he said.

<snipped>

http://www.roanoke.com/news/virginia/police-release-photo-of-man-sought-in-disappearance-of-hannah/article_38edd888-e713-510c-82f7-9b74dadf4f8f.html

_____

Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #157 on: September 22, 2014, 03:30:28 PM »

Janet - is this the image you were trying to post?  For some reason it was blocked. I saved it to my computer and uploaded in to Photobucket.

This one?
« Last Edit: September 22, 2014, 05:02:03 PM by klaasend » Logged

_____

Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #158 on: September 22, 2014, 04:42:25 PM »

No.  The image I was attempting to post was a very nice photo of Hannah.  Thanks Klaas.

Janet

_____

Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #159 on: September 22, 2014, 05:12:27 PM »

At 1:20 ... Hannah texted her friend implying that she was lost.  That is approximately the time which has been reported that she left the restaurant with Jesse.  Does it not make sense that she would have been alone at the time of the texting if she stated that she was lost?  Could the text have been sent after Hannah and Jesse parted ways?  Could it be that at this point someone else approached Hannah ... someone who had been following her earlier?

My focus would be ONLY on Jesse if spokespersons for the investigation had shared that in the process of elimination the "witness" had been investigated as a person of interest.  My focus would be ONLY on Jesse if the "witness" had not given a false description of the "black man" that he saw approach Hannah.

Anyways ... has the result of the forensic testing of Jesse's vehicle/apartment been revealed yet?  Any updates regarding Jesse's whereabouts?

Janet

+++++

Police search for missing UVa. student Hannah Elizabeth Graham
September 15, 2014

<snipped>

Police in Charlottesville are looking for missing college student Hannah Elizabeth Graham. The University of Virginia student was last heard from on September 13 when she sent a text to friends at about 1:20 a.m., Saturday — late Friday night

<snipped>

http://wtvr.com/2014/09/15/police-search-for-missing-uva-student-hannah-elizabeth-graham/

Charlottesville police issue wanted poster for Jesse Matthew
September 22, 2014

<snipped>

Investigators believe Graham and Matthew left the restaurant Tempo together between 1:20 a.m. and 1:40 a.m. Saturday morning in Charlottesville. Graham, a University of Virginia student, has not been seen since early Saturday.

<snipped>

http://www.wdbj7.com/news/local/3-pm-news-conference-scheduled-for-hannah-graham-investigation/28176918

_____

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.