March 19, 2024, 03:09:31 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: UVA Coed Hannah Elizabeth Graham Missing Since 9/13/14 in Charlottesville, VA#1  (Read 619008 times)
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #200 on: September 23, 2014, 12:12:28 PM »

The timeline is confusing.  It differs from article to article.

Janet

+++++

Hannah Graham disappearance: What we know
September 23, 2014

A new search warrant was issued Monday for the apartment of Jesse Matthew, who police believe was the last person to see Hannah Graham before the 18-year-old college student disappeared on September 13.

Authorities found specific clothing they were looking for, Charlottesville Police Chief Timothy Longo said Tuesday morning on CNN's "New Day." The clothing was sent to a lab for analysis, and results might be back by Tuesday afternoon, according to the chief.

"It's going to be a long day," he said, "an aggressive day" as investigators run down more leads.

<snipped>

Video:
http://www.cnn.com/2014/09/23/us/virginia-hannah-graham-missing-what-we-know/

Loving Natalee - Beth Holloway
Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #201 on: September 23, 2014, 12:45:13 PM »

.... and then when you consider that the remains of Morgan Harrington were located less than seven miles from property Jesse Matthew had connections.

H/T - Texasmom
http://scaredmonkeys.net/index.php?topic=15454.160

Janet

+++++

Campbell County Remains Identified
Dec 03, 2009

Campbell County investigators say an autopsy has allowed them to identify the remains that were found in a shallow grave near Liberty University.

The body of 23-year-old Cassandra Morton was found on Candler's Mountain Sunday.

The discovery had garnered interest statewide because of the missing person case of 20-year-old Morgan Harrington, who disappeared from a concert in Charlottesville in October.

Morton was last seen October 10 downtown Lynchburg.

<snipped>

http://www.whsv.com/news/headlines/78257132.html

Player Information

Jesse Matthew
Class: R-Freshman
Position: DL
Height: 6-2
Weight: 215

Previous School:

Hometown: Charlottesville, Va.

http://www.liberty.edu/flames/index.cfm?PID=10872&TeamID=9&RosterID=5856

Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #202 on: September 23, 2014, 01:08:08 PM »

O/T

My daughter attended Liberty University (Liberty Baptist College) for two years following graduation from high school and ... has maintained relationships/connections over the years.  She claims that in the Autumn there is no place on earth as beautiful of Virginia.  That says a lot when it is considered that this gal was raised in the Fraser Valley of BC where the Autumn colours of the Maple trees is are truly spectacular.

_____

New Monkey
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #203 on: September 23, 2014, 01:51:59 PM »

Tamikosmom (Janet)

I also have felt a bit uncomfortable with the first "witness".  If he was concerned enough about Hannah that he was following (stalking?) her, I'm confused why he didn't walk right up to her and, presumably Jesse, to make sure she knew the fellow and was comfortable before he simply left. 

Having said that, it seems as though LE has their eyes on Jesse for a reason.
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #204 on: September 23, 2014, 02:10:03 PM »

Tamikosmom (Janet)

I also have felt a bit uncomfortable with the first "witness".  If he was concerned enough about Hannah that he was following (stalking?) her, I'm confused why he didn't walk right up to her and, presumably Jesse, to make sure she knew the fellow and was comfortable before he simply left. 

Having said that, it seems as though LE has their eyes on Jesse for a reason.

New Monkey

I agree.  Could it be that there may be a connection between "the witness" and Jesse Matthew?  Could it be that there is a connection that LE is aware of and ... that is the reason "the witness" has not been identified by LE and is a non-issue in news conferences.  In other words ... "the witness" is the smoking gun and ... has spilled the beans.

My grown kids claim I often suspect a conspiracy where there is none.

Janet

_____

Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #205 on: September 23, 2014, 02:20:52 PM »

Then there is the false description provided by "the witness".  Shaved? Black jeans?  T-shirt?  Was it meant to distract from Jesse Matthew?  Could it be that investigators have it all figured out and there will be at least one arrest forthcoming in the disappearance of Hannah Graham.

Janet

++++

DESCRIPTION PROVIDED BY "THE WITNESS" - 9/18

The police described the person of interest as being a black man in his 20s or early 30s, about 5-foot-10 or 5-foot-11 with a shaved head and goatee. He weighed between 250 to 285 pounds, has a slight beer belly and was wearing black jeans and a white T-shirt, police said. ...

http://abcnews.go.com/US/person-interest-sought-disappearance-university-virginia-student-hannah/story?id=25592387

ACTUAL DESCRIPTION REVEALED BY SPOKESPERSON FOR THE INVESTIGATION - 9/21

Longo reiterated the man’s description several times; a black man, about 32 years old, 6 feet, 2 inches tall and about 270 pounds with dreadlocks.  He is seen in surveillance video taken at 1:08 a.m. Sept. 13 on the mall wearing a white shirt and white knee-length shorts.

http://www.timesdispatch.com/news/state-regional/police-man-and-missing-uva-student-hannah-graham-were-at/article_8d22ed24-a86d-57e0-aa3b-43e8f021bc14.html

_____

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

ARUBA: It's all about Natalee...we won't give up!

« Reply #206 on: September 23, 2014, 02:30:43 PM »

Listen to the audio...interesting imo.

Jesse Matthew reportedly charged with assault in 2009.  Charges were eventually dropped, but interesting story imo...

http://wvtf.org/post/charlottesville-journalist-sheds-light-jesse-matthew

The Search for Hannah Graham
7:35 am Tue September 23, 2014

Charlottesville Journalist Sheds Light on Jesse Matthew

By Sandy Hausman

Jesse Matthew, who’s wanted for questioning in connection with the disappearance of UVA student Hannah Graham, is still missing, and he’s become the subject of considerable talk in the town where he grew up. Police say he has no record of violent crime, but reporter Hawes Spencer has been asking around and has come up with some intriguing information. We talked with Spencer about one particular incident.

Hawes Spencer
Credit www.readthehook.com

Listen
Listening...
3:09

I stand with the girl, Natalee Holloway.

"I can look back over the past 10 years and there were no steps wasted, and there are no regrets,'' she said. "I did all I knew to do and I think that gives me greater peace now." "I've lived every parent's worst nightmare and I'm the parent that nobody wants to be," she said.

Beth Holloway, 2015 interview with Greta van Susteren
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #207 on: September 23, 2014, 02:36:22 PM »

http://www.wsls.com/story/26595292/person-of-interest-jesse-matthew-shown-to-have-criminal-history

Person of interest, Jesse Matthew, shown to have criminal history
Posted: Sep 22, 2014 12:20 PM CST Updated: Sep 22, 2014 5:05 PM CST
By Katie Love, Reporter - bio | email

CHARLOTTESVILLE (WSLS) - According to arrest warrants in Charlottesville General District Court, Jesse Matthew, had issues with the law before being called a person of interest in Hannah Graham's disappearance.

Matthew was charged with a felony for attempted grand larceny, misdemeanor assault and trespassing.

The charges stem from an incident on June 4, 2009 where Matthew was accused of assaulting someone while attempting to steal a cell phone. Matthew was arrested on July 8, 2009. The charges were eventually dropped.

"I can look back over the past 10 years and there were no steps wasted, and there are no regrets,'' she said. "I did all I knew to do and I think that gives me greater peace now." "I've lived every parent's worst nightmare and I'm the parent that nobody wants to be," she said.

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #208 on: September 23, 2014, 02:39:21 PM »

Where is Hannah?   

Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #209 on: September 23, 2014, 03:29:27 PM »

Campbell County Remains Identified
Dec 03, 2009

Campbell County investigators say an autopsy has allowed them to identify the remains that were found in a shallow grave near Liberty University.

The body of 23-year-old Cassandra Morton was found on Candler's Mountain Sunday.

The discovery had garnered interest statewide because of the missing person case of 20-year-old Morgan Harrington, who disappeared from a concert in Charlottesville in October.

Morton was last seen October 10 downtown Lynchburg.

<snipped>

http://www.whsv.com/news/headlines/78257132.html

Player Information

Jesse Matthew
Class: R-Freshman
Position: DL
Height: 6-2
Weight: 215

Previous School:

Hometown: Charlottesville, Va.

http://www.liberty.edu/flames/index.cfm?PID=10872&TeamID=9&RosterID=5856

Football 2000 Season Roster
 Rosterhttp://www.liberty.edu/flames/index.cfm?pid=10871&teamID=9&seasonID=45

Football 2001 Season Roster
http://www.liberty.edu/flames/index.cfm?pid=10871&teamID=9&seasonID=44

Football 2002 Season Roster
http://www.liberty.edu/flames/?pid=10871&TeamID=9&sortBy=Num&g=&seasonID=43

_____

Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #210 on: September 23, 2014, 03:45:45 PM »

What period of time was Jesse Matthew employed by Yellow Cab?

Janet

+++++

Man Seen with Missing UVA Student Hannah Graham Being Sought
September 22, 2014

Captain Gary Pleasants of the Charlottesville Police Department said, "We are not excluding anyone in this. Obviously as far as we can find right now he is the last person with Hannah so certainly he is the focus of our investigation."

<snipped>

Matthew's criminal record in Charlottesville, Albemarle and beyond includes a number of traffic violations and car citations, and he was also found guilty of trespassing in Charlottesville in 2010.

The University of Virginia Medical Center confirms that Matthew was hired on August 12 as a nursing assistant and at this time remains an employee. Yellow Cab of Charlottesville said in a statement that Matthew was employed as a driver by the company under a previous ownership.

<snipped>

http://www.nbc29.com/story/26593843/man-seen-with-missing-uva-student-hannah-graham-being-sought

_____

klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #211 on: September 23, 2014, 04:22:35 PM »

http://www.nbc29.com/story/26603776/clothes-taken-in-search-for-missing-uva-student

Clothes Taken in Search for Missing UVA Student
Posted: Sep 23, 2014 6:45 AM PST Updated: Sep 23, 2014 10:03 AM PST

CHARLOTTESVILLE, Va (WVIR) -

Police have confirmed that articles of clothing were taken from the apartment of the man they believe was the last person seen with missing University of Virginia student Hannah Graham. The second-year student from northern Virginia has been missing since Sept. 13.

Charlottesville Police Capt. Gary Pleasants says the items were recovered during a search of 32-year-old Jesse Leroy Matthew Jr's apartment Monday. Authorities first searched Matthew's car and apartment Friday, and Pleasants says information that came up during the investigation led to a second search on Monday.

"Through the investigation we determined there were other items we needed to look for and that's why a second search warrant. We might not have known about those items during the first search warrant, things change,” said Pleasants.

Police are awaiting results from the state crime lab for the items they recovered. They expect the results to be in Tuesday afternoon.

Matthew hasn't been charged in 18-year-old Graham's disappearance, police say he is a person of interest. Graham was last seen with Matthew at Tempo restaurant off the Charlottesville downtown mall between 1:00 a.m. and 2:00 a.m. on Saturday Sept. 13.

"We are not excluding anyone in this. Obviously as far as we can find right now he is the last person with Hannah so certainly he is the focus of our investigation," Pleasants said on Monday.

According to police, Matthew went to the Charlottesville Police Department Saturday with several family members. He asked for a lawyer, and was given one, but left without speaking to officers. After he left the Police Department, Virginia State Police were following Matthew in Albemarle County. When he fled at a high rate of speed, police had to end surveillance

Green Eyes
Monkey Mega Star

Happy Spring

« Reply #212 on: September 23, 2014, 04:45:54 PM »

I wonder what they found? Why would he go to the police station and ask for a lawyer then not talk to the police. Very odd!!  I hope they find Hannah soon. 

GOD BLESS AMERICA
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #213 on: September 23, 2014, 04:57:05 PM »

I wish Jesse's mother would reach out to her son through the media ... reach out and plead with him to turn himself in.  Could it be that Jesse may be desperate enough to take his own life realizing that he had been busted on so many levels.

Janet

++++

Hannah Graham searchers return to Jesse Matthew's apartment
September 22, 2014 - 11:51 pm

<snipped>

Pleasants said investigators have questioned Matthew's mother and uncle, who accompanied him to the police station. ....

On Saturday, Matthew stopped by the Charlottesville police station with several family members and asked for a lawyer, Longo said. He was provided with one but left in a vehicle at a high rate of speed that endangered other drivers and led to the reckless driving charges, according to the police chief. He said Matthew was there for about an hour.

<snipped>

http://www.wjla.com/articles/2014/09/hannah-graham-searchers-return-to-jesse-matthew-s-apartment-107385.html

_____

Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #214 on: September 23, 2014, 05:04:01 PM »

http://www.nbc29.com/story/26603776/clothes-taken-in-search-for-missing-uva-student

Posted: Sep 23, 2014 6:45 AM PST Updated: Sep 23, 2014 10:03 AM PST

Police have confirmed that articles of clothing were taken from the apartment of the man they believe was the last person seen with missing University of Virginia student Hannah Graham. The second-year student from northern Virginia has been missing since Sept. 13.

Charlottesville Police Capt. Gary Pleasants says the items were recovered during a search of 32-year-old Jesse Leroy Matthew Jr's apartment Monday. Authorities first searched Matthew's car and apartment Friday, and Pleasants says information that came up during the investigation led to a second search on Monday.

"Through the investigation we determined there were other items we needed to look for and that's why a second search warrant. We might not have known about those items during the first search warrant, things change,” said Pleasants.

Police are awaiting results from the state crime lab for the items they recovered. They expect the results to be in Tuesday afternoon.

Matthew hasn't been charged in 18-year-old Graham's disappearance, police say he is a person of interest. Graham was last seen with Matthew at Tempo restaurant off the Charlottesville downtown mall between 1:00 a.m. and 2:00 a.m. on Saturday Sept. 13.

"We are not excluding anyone in this. Obviously as far as we can find right now he is the last person with Hannah so certainly he is the focus of our investigation," Pleasants said on Monday.

According to police, Matthew went to the Charlottesville Police Department Saturday with several family members. He asked for a lawyer, and was given one, but left without speaking to officers. After he left the Police Department, Virginia State Police were following Matthew in Albemarle County. When he fled at a high rate of speed, police had to end surveillance

Could it be that someone in the know is spilling the beans regarding Jesse Matthew?  Could it be that Jesse's house of cards is collapsing?

Janet

_____

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #215 on: September 23, 2014, 05:59:48 PM »

September 23, 2014 Tweets
https://twitter.com/MattTalhelm

Matt Talhelm @MattTalhelm  ·  13m
#HannahGraham press conference at 7 PM. @NBC29 will carry it on TV & live streaming on http://NBC29.com : http://ht.ly/BQcfP

Matt Talhelm retweeted
 NBC29 @NBC29  ·  22m
Charlottesville Police Chief Tim Longo will hold a press conference at 7 p.m. at Charlottesville Area Transit on the #HannahGraham case

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #216 on: September 23, 2014, 06:02:29 PM »

September 23, 2014

Police have confirmed that articles of clothing were taken from the apartment of the man they believe was the last person seen with missing University of Virginia student Hannah Graham. The second-year student from Northern Virginia has been missing since Sept. 13.

Charlottesville Police Capt. Gary Pleasants says the items were recovered during a search of 32-year-old Jesse Leroy Matthew Jr.'s apartment Monday. Authorities first searched Matthew's car and apartment Friday, and Pleasants says information that came up during the investigation led to a second search on Monday.

Police are awaiting results from the state crime lab for the items they recovered. While there have been no major movements in the case reported Tuesday, Pleasants says don't be fooled.

"We can't have things out on the air that everyone knows what's happening, particularly any person who has involvement and doesn't want us to say something,” Pleasants said. “We have to keep things quiet until we're ready to move.”

Matthew hasn't been charged in 18-year-old Graham's disappearance, police say he is a person of interest. Graham was last seen with Matthew at Tempo restaurant off the Charlottesville downtown mall between 1 a.m. and 2 a.m. on Saturday, Sept. 13.

John Amato, who sometimes supervised Matthew when he worked as a taxi driver in Charlottesville, describes him as courteous, polite, and quiet. “Normal guy, really nice guy, took care of the people. Not once received a complaint. Every time, the times that I did hear about him driving, the clients were very happy with him,” Amato said.

He says he hopes the public will consider him innocent until proven guilty.

According to police, Matthew went to the Charlottesville Police Department Saturday with several family members. He asked for a lawyer, and was given one, but left without speaking to officers. After he left the Police Department, Virginia State Police were following Matthew in Albemarle County. When he fled at a high rate of speed, police had to end surveillance.

Police say the car Matthew was driving was a 1997 light blue Nissan Sentra with a Virginia license plate of VAC 4575.
Police have issued two warrants for him on charges of misdemeanor reckless driving, having allegedly run stop signs and traffic signals. Police issued a wanted poster for Matthew on Monday.

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #217 on: September 23, 2014, 06:04:02 PM »

https://twitter.com/RickBooneFOX5DC

Rick Boone @RickBooneFOX5DC  ·  3m
BREAKING:Police hold a special press conference at 7p on the #HannahGraham case. Follow me as I tweet out info as we get it. @fox5newsdc

Green Eyes
Monkey Mega Star

Happy Spring

« Reply #218 on: September 23, 2014, 06:06:38 PM »

https://twitter.com/RickBooneFOX5DC

Rick Boone @RickBooneFOX5DC  ·  3m
BREAKING:Police hold a special press conference at 7p on the #HannahGraham case. Follow me as I tweet out info as we get it. @fox5newsdc

Thank You Muffy

GOD BLESS AMERICA
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #219 on: September 23, 2014, 06:09:30 PM »

http://www.newsplex.com/home/headlines/Investigation-Impact-The-Case-of-Mistaken-Identity-276839361.html
Investigation Impact: The Case of Mistaken Identity
September 23, 2014

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.