March 18, 2024, 10:24:23 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: UVA Coed Hannah Elizabeth Graham Missing Since 9/13/14 in Charlottesville, VA#1  (Read 618963 times)
Brandi
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #380 on: September 25, 2014, 12:26:25 AM »

Galveston Police confiscated the car Jesse was driving. Still driving his sister's car with her VA plates.

(I added the URL and the pointing hand. Looks like he lied about his identity when confronted or had a fake ID.

Also appears he was arrested at 2300 Highway 87, Gilchrist, Galveston, TX. Google maps below:

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

ARUBA: It's all about Natalee...we won't give up!

« Reply #381 on: September 25, 2014, 12:31:34 AM »

http://www.galvestondailynews.com/free/article_f075608c-4446-11e4-a2af-001a4bcf6878.html

Suspect in missing Virginia college student case arrested in Galveston County

Posted: Wednesday, September 24, 2014 7:00 pm | Updated: 9:59 pm, Wed Sep 24, 2014.

By T.J. AULDS and ALEX MACON

Authorities were working to obtain a warrant to search the car. The sheriff's office fingerprinted the man Wednesday night to confirm he is Matthew, Trochesset said.

It was unclear when Matthew arrived in Galveston County.

Dave Paresh, who runs Swedes Grocery in Crystal Beach, said the man came into his store on Tuesday.

"He seemed in a hurry," Paresh said. "He walked in here asking about the beach and if it was OK to stay on the beach. He asked me two or three questions.

"I said to him if you are going to stay on the beach, the mosquitoes were real bad. He bought some (insect repellant) and left in a hurry."

Paresh said he had video of his encounter with the man and said the car he was driving appeared to match the one Matthew was said to have been driving.

A day after authorities swarmed Matthew’s home in the Hessian Hills apartment complex, he went to the city police station and left, traveling with his mother, police said.

Authorities searched Matthew’s home and car the following Friday. The next day the drama escalated when police said Matthew sped away from police, traveling with his mother and driving his sister’s blue 1997 Nissan Sentra, authorities said.

Trochesset said investigators from Charlottesville, Va., would head to Galveston, a roughly 1,300-mile trip. They are expected to be in Galveston on Thursday.

Matthew is scheduled to appear before a judge early Thursday morning, when Galveston County authorities first have to confirm the Virginia warrant before taking steps to send him back to Virginia.

Matthew could fight extradition delaying his return to Virginia.

At the request of Charlottesville police, the sheriff’s office did not disclose any more details of what led to Matthew’s arrest.

I stand with the girl, Natalee Holloway.

"I can look back over the past 10 years and there were no steps wasted, and there are no regrets,'' she said. "I did all I knew to do and I think that gives me greater peace now." "I've lived every parent's worst nightmare and I'm the parent that nobody wants to be," she said.

Beth Holloway, 2015 interview with Greta van Susteren
Red
Administrator
Monkey Junky

« Reply #382 on: September 25, 2014, 06:30:54 AM »

How did he get from Virginia to Galveston Texas?  Why go there was he trying to get into Mexico?  Was his mom with him or was he alone? 

As soon as they said he was caught in Galveston, my husband and I both said he was headed for the border at the same time.

https://www.google.com/maps/dir/Galveston,+TX/Charlottesville,+VA/@33.4041913,-95.6147554,5z/data=!3m1!4b1!4m13!4m12!1m5!1m1!1s0x863f59c8c4059259:0xe58b03c9b9eaecc1!2m2!1d-94.7976958!2d29.3013479!1m5!1m1!1s0x89b3862dea50a48f:0x9086f096c38b74fc!2m2!1d-78.4766781!2d38.0293059

That was my thought too texasmom. I am glad they caught up with him.

Suspect in the Disappearance of Missing Hannah Graham, Jesse Matthew Arrested Wednesday Galveston, Texas

http://scaredmonkeys.com/2014/09/25/suspect-in-the-disappearance-of-missing-hannah-graham-jesse-matthew-arrested-wednesday-galveston-texas/

I thought the same as well. At first when I heard the story break I thought maybe I had heard it wrong.  Galveston? Is there another Galveston other than in TX? That is a long way from Virginia, DC, PA, MD and NY that the wanted poster had named as places where he had connections.

Glad he was caught and yes it does look like a run for the border.

Fleeing will not bode well as it makes him look guilty as sin.
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #383 on: September 25, 2014, 06:54:35 AM »

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/national/police-residents-search-land-signs-missing-uva-student-article-1.1951639
Police arrest Jesse Leroy Matthew in case of missing UVA student, Hannah Graham

BY NINA GOLGOWSKI  NEW YORK DAILY NEWS Published: Wednesday, September 24, 2014, 5:21 PM Updated: Thursday, September 25, 2014, 12:56 AM
The 32-year-old was arrested camping on a Galveston, Texas beach after charged with abducting the 18-year-old University of Virginia student on Tuesday, Charlottesville police said at an evening press conference. Matthew had been on the lam since Saturday night, when police say he led them on a high-speed chase from their police station.

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #384 on: September 25, 2014, 07:00:32 AM »

JM couldn't have been very comfortable staying in a tent on that beach in Galveston.  The mosquitos, no see-ums, sand fleas etc. etc. would be awful. I wonder where he got the tent?  Did he pick it up along the way?  Did he buy it before leaving VA?  Did he already have it and had it in the trunk because he planned to flee?  I was wondering if he had planned to go for a run to the border after his visit to the po po or was it a panicked decision?  Makes me also wonder if anyone else knew he was going to go and if anyone gave him their car, money, tent or supplies? 

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #385 on: September 25, 2014, 07:03:33 AM »

http://www.wyff4.com/national/suspect-in-hannah-graham-case-in-custody/28238756
Suspect in Hannah Graham case in custody
Jesse Matthew could make court appearance on Thursday

September 25, 2014

(CNN) —Authorities found Jesse Matthew on a Texas beach some 1,300 miles from where he's wanted in the disappearance of University of Virginia student Hannah Graham.
"We have a person in custody, but there's a long road ahead of us, and that long road includes finding Hannah Graham," Charlottesville Police Chief Timothy Longo told reporters Wednesday night.

The 32-year-old Matthew could make his first court appearance as early as Thursday. Longo said the extradition process has already begun.

Matthew, who had been sought on suspicion of abduction with the intent to defile, was arrested in Galveston County, Texas. He was found on the beach in Gilchrist on the Bolivar Peninsula, according to the Galveston County sheriff's office.

Deputies were tipped off to Matthew's whereabouts when they got a call about a suspicious person camping on the beach. One responded and ran the license plate of that person's vehicle. It came back as wanted, CNN affiliate KPRC reported.

Matthew did not resist arrest, KPRC said.

Earlier, Matthew's lawyer had little to say about his client.

"I am Mr. Matthew's attorney," James Camblos said outside his Charlottesville office.

"I was hired on Saturday. That's the only thing that I'm going to confirm at this point. The family and I -- nobody is making any statements at this point in time. We might later on, but right now we are not," he said.

His comments came one day after authorities obtained an arrest warrant for his client, who police believe was the last person with Graham.

Matthew willingly went to a police station over the weekend, when there was no warrant for his arrest, Longo said.

He asked for a lawyer. They spoke and then left, according to the police chief.

Authorities are now offering a $100,000 reward for information leading to the safe return of 18-year-old Graham, a second-year student at the University of Virginia.

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #386 on: September 25, 2014, 07:19:16 AM »

http://www.chron.com/news/houston-texas/houston/article/Suspect-in-missing-UVA-student-s-abduction-5778791.php

Suspect in missing UVA student's abduction arrested in Galveston Co.
By Cindy George | September 24, 2014 | Updated: September 25, 2014 1:12am

Photo By Galveston County Sheriffs Office

"I can look back over the past 10 years and there were no steps wasted, and there are no regrets,'' she said. "I did all I knew to do and I think that gives me greater peace now." "I've lived every parent's worst nightmare and I'm the parent that nobody wants to be," she said.

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #387 on: September 25, 2014, 07:29:22 AM »

http://wtvr.com/2014/09/24/report-cell-phone-ping-and-highway-sensors-tripped-up-uva-abduction-suspect-in-texas/

Specific technology alerted authorities that suspect Jesse Matthew was on the run
Posted 11:01 pm, September 24, 2014, by Jon Burkett and Alix Bryan, Updated at 01:31am, September 25, 2014   

GALVESTON, Texas — A federal law enforcement source confirmed a phone call made from a borrowed cell phone in Louisiana, to Virginia, is how they discovered Jesse Matthew was out of the state and on the run.

Since Saturday, Charlottesville Police and law enforcement agencies across the Commonwealth and country had been searching for Matthew, who on Tuesday was named a suspect in the disappearance of University of Virginia second-year student Hannah Graham.

A federal law enforcement source told me that call Wednesday helped track him down.

“Most criminals make a mistake, said Mike Banks, a local forensics expert.  “This was his; I don’t think that he presumed that everyone back home would have their phone tapped and I presume they had legal wire taps on all phones.”

The source also told me they knew he was in Texas because of highway technology.

“It wouldn’t surprise me a bit if police have a way to photograph a car that goes through say a toll that sets off an algorithm  or a ping that would lead them to the Galveston area,” said Banks.

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #388 on: September 25, 2014, 07:56:15 AM »

http://wtvr.com/2014/09/24/report-cell-phone-ping-and-highway-sensors-tripped-up-uva-abduction-suspect-in-texas/

Specific technology alerted authorities that suspect Jesse Matthew was on the run
Posted 11:01 pm, September 24, 2014, by Jon Burkett and Alix Bryan, Updated at 01:31am, September 25, 2014   

GALVESTON, Texas — A federal law enforcement source confirmed a phone call made from a borrowed cell phone in Louisiana, to Virginia, is how they discovered Jesse Matthew was out of the state and on the run.

Since Saturday, Charlottesville Police and law enforcement agencies across the Commonwealth and country had been searching for Matthew, who on Tuesday was named a suspect in the disappearance of University of Virginia second-year student Hannah Graham.

A federal law enforcement source told me that call Wednesday helped track him down.

“Most criminals make a mistake, said Mike Banks, a local forensics expert.  “This was his; I don’t think that he presumed that everyone back home would have their phone tapped and I presume they had legal wire taps on all phones.”

The source also told me they knew he was in Texas because of highway technology.

“It wouldn’t surprise me a bit if police have a way to photograph a car that goes through say a toll that sets off an algorithm  or a ping that would lead them to the Galveston area,” said Banks.

BBM

Interesting. 

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #389 on: September 25, 2014, 08:00:34 AM »

September 24 & 25 2014 Tweets
https://twitter.com/toddbstone

Todd Stone @toddbstone  ·  12m
Good catch @jonburkettcbs6! Cell phones are the eyes & ears everywhere. http://wtvr.com/2014/09/24/report-cell-phone-ping-and-highway-sensors-tripped-up-uva-abduction-suspect-in-texas/ …. @CBS6 #HannahGraham #JesseMatthew

Todd Stone @toddbstone  ·  2h
That's why they say "Don't mess w Texas". Va Judges don't speak to media & certainly not before the hearing. I like VA.  @CBS6

Full interview w Texas Judge prior to #JesseMatthew hearing?! Really? OK, whyTexas? Virginia is nice too. https://twitter.com/wavy_news/status/514980520636067841 … @CBS6

Would be nice to have a triple header 7 pm press conference tonight for finding #HannahGraham alive. @CBS6 @MelissaCBS6

Todd Stone @toddbstone  ·  3h
Good research Melissa while Legal Analyst sleeps RT @MelissaCBS6 @lucy646 @CBS6  that's the exact charge according to online court records!

Todd Stone retweeted
 Melissa J. Hipolit @MelissaCBS6  ·  9h
One of Matthew's Charges out of Texas: fail to identify fugitive intent give false info. @CBS6 #HannahGraham @toddbstone

Todd Stone @toddbstone  ·  3h
I know the feeling. But he had a better reason to get a cut than I  RT @CBS6 @CuttyRant @toddbstone His hair does not seem to be cut.

Todd Stone @toddbstone  ·  11h
As @CuttyRant said, other evidence of "intent to flee"..Did he cut hair? change appearance? Did #JesseMathew cellphone search Mexico? @CBS6

Todd Stone @toddbstone  ·  11h
Unpopular to say, but remember #JesseMathew remains "innocent" unless proven guilty BRD. Likely much more to the story. @CBS6 @MelissaCBS6

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #390 on: September 25, 2014, 08:03:49 AM »

September 25, 2014 Tweets
https://twitter.com/jacelarson

Jace Larson KPRC @jacelarson  ·  7m
The mugshot taken after Jesse Mathew was arrested in #Galveston. He's the suspect in #HannahGraham's disappearance.

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #391 on: September 25, 2014, 08:05:23 AM »

https://twitter.com/SaveTheNextGirl

HelpSaveTheNextGirl @SaveTheNextGirl  ·  48m
Specific technology alerted authorities that suspect Jesse Matthew was on the run http://link.wtvr.com/1rvaTIY  via @cbs6

HelpSaveTheNextGirl retweeted
 wsls @wsls  ·  1h
UPDATE: Charlottesville police said Jesse Matthew is in their custody. They said extradition from Texas is underway. http://10.wsls.com/1uHYkZy

Rob
Monkey All Star

« Reply #392 on: September 25, 2014, 08:11:30 AM »

EXCLUSIVE: Man charged with abduction of Hannah Graham was 'expelled from Liberty University after girl claimed he raped her on campus'

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2767276/Jesse-Matthew-charged-abduction-Hannah-Graham-expelled-Liberty-University-girl-claimed-raped-campus.html

Truth, Justice and the American Way.

+++

~ livin' the life I was born to live - givin' it all I've got to give ~
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #393 on: September 25, 2014, 08:12:07 AM »

BBM
This article states after JM went to the police station and asked to speak with a lawyer, he hired James Camblos and left without speaking to the police or his lawyer.

http://wtvr.com/2014/09/24/interview-with-dad-of-jesse-matthew-junior-abduction-suspect-in-hannah-graham-case/
‘He’s as gentle as they come,’ says dad of abduction suspect in Hannah Graham case
Posted September 24, 2014, Updated September 25, 2014

CHARLOTTESVILLE, Va. – The father of Jesse Leroy Matthew Jr. said in an interview with CBS 6 that police have the wrong guy.
“To kill or hurt somebody, that’s not my son,” said Jesse Matthew Sr., from his room where a picture of his son hangs.

He described the two of them as very close, and said they enjoy watching football together. He said that’s what the two did together, the last time he saw his son – two weeks ago.

His son is a suspect in the missing person’s case of Hannah Graham, an 18-year-old University of Virginia student who hasn’t been seen since early Saturday, Sept. 13.

Police said the last person she was seen with was Matthew, who witnesses said bought drinks for himself and Hannah at a restaurant in downtown Charlottesville.

“For a big man, he’s as gentle as they come,” his dad said.

And he’s not the only person saying that.

@MelissaCBS6 @CBS6 I know quite a few people that know him and they all say the same thing. So sad. #FindHannahGraham

— KLI (@WaHooKLI) September 25, 2014

His dad pointed out that shows how caring and helpful his son is, not a violent person.

“The only thing I could maybe see him trying to give the girl a ride to help her out,” he said.

Matthew Sr. said he had urged his son to turn himself into police, and that he was worried for his safety.

“Oh we’re scared they might hurt him.”

But Matthew Jr. did not listen to his dad, who was emphatic that he had no idea where his son had gone.

“If I did, I would go to him and bring him in myself,” he said.

Now that Matthew Jr. is in custody, his dad said he hopes the son he considers a “teddy bear” will be cleared of any wrongdoing.

“We’ll be right behind you no matter what,” he said to his son.

What’s next?

Hannah Graham’s location is still unknown, and she’s been missing eleven days.

“I believe Jesse Matthew was the last person she was seen with before she vanished off the face of the Earth,” the police chief said Sunday. “We want to talk to him.”

Matthew came into police headquarters on Saturday, Sept. 20, and asked to speak with a lawyer.

He hired James Camblos, the attorney said. But then Matthew left without speaking to police, or his lawyer. Police who were overtly following Matthew said he took off at such high speeds they could not safely pursue. At that point police issued two misdemeanor warrants for speeding.

Shortly thereafter he was named a person of interest. Then two days later, as forensic evidence from Matthew’s car and home came back to police, a felony arrest warrant was issued.

That is when Matthew was charged for abduction with intent to defile — more than 10 days since she was last seen with him leaving a restaurant.

The city of Charlottesville, the University of Virginia and the local community have contributed $100,000 to a reward for “information leading to the cause” of Graham’s disappearance.

Watch video

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #394 on: September 25, 2014, 08:19:56 AM »

http://abcnews.go.com/US/virginia-police-heading-texas-uva-abduction-suspect-arrested/story?id=25746864
Suspect in UVA Case Seen on Video Buying Bug Spray Before Capture
September 25, 2014

The surveillance video from a convenience store in Galveston showed Matthew buying Off!, said the store's owner, Dave Paresh.

PHOTO: Surveillance video shows Jesse Matthew, who has been arrested in connection with the disappearance of University of Virginia student Hannah Graham, in a convenience store in Galveston, Texas, on Tuesday, September 23, 2014.

"He asked me the question if it's safe to stay on the beach, so I told him yeah, it's good there," Paresh, told ABC News station KTRK in Houston.

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #395 on: September 25, 2014, 08:47:27 AM »

https://twitter.com/KPRCLocal2

KPRC Local 2 Houston @KPRCLocal2  ·  17m
UPDATE: Man charged in abduction of Va. student appears before Galveston judge http://bit.ly/1BaKFwg  #HannahGraham pic.twitter.com/Z5pCQP4RXX

KPRC Local 2 Houston @KPRCLocal2  ·  36m
LIVE VIDEO: Jesse Matthew appears before judge http://bit.ly/1BaKFwg  #KPRC #HannahGraham pic.twitter.com/3jFI8rcl3g

KPRC Local 2 Houston retweeted
 Jace Larson KPRC @jacelarson  ·  49m
The mugshot taken after Jesse Mathew was arrested in #Galveston. He's the suspect in #HannahGraham's disappearance. pic.twitter.com/UqsrT462Gi

KPRC Local 2 Houston @KPRCLocal2  ·  59m
WATCH LIVE: Magistrate hearing for man charged with abducting Va. student http://bit.ly/1BaKFwg  #KPRC

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #396 on: September 25, 2014, 08:50:32 AM »

https://twitter.com/WTOP

WTOP retweeted
 Mike Murillo @MikeMurilloWTOP  ·  2m
Police chief Timothy Longo says he hopes #JesseMatthew "with in the next day or so" will be back in Charlottesville #HannahGraham @WTOP

WTOP @WTOP  ·  30m
Matthew's reading of charges is over. Stay up-to-date with the latest in the #WTOP live blog: http://bit.ly/1uj6Z4t  pic.twitter.com/tZA2B3Km4l

WTOP @WTOP  ·  37m
Watch the charges being read: http://bit.ly/1uj6Z4t  pic.twitter.com/RwZjkTH842

WTOP @WTOP  ·  38m
#HannahGraham: Jesse Leroy Matthew Jr. declines a court-appointed attorney in the abduction case

WTOP @WTOP  ·  39m
#HannahGraham case: Bond denied to Jesse Leroy Matthew Jr. in Galveston County

WTOP @WTOP  ·  50m
#HannahGraham case: Charlottesville Police Chief Timothy Longo on #WTOP: wants people to report when they last saw Jesse Matthew

WTOP @WTOP  ·  52m
#HannahGraham case: Charlottesville Police Chief Timothy Longo on #WTOP: police are in the process of building a "successful" case

WTOP @WTOP  ·  53m
#HannahGraham case: Charlottesville Police Chief Timothy Longo on #WTOP: credits Galveston  police for being attentive
e
 WTOP @WTOP  ·  53m
#HannahGraham case: Charlottesville Police Chief Timothy Longo on #WTOP: Grace of god and good fortune to have found Jesse Matthew Jr.

WTOP @WTOP  ·  57m
At 8:10 a.m. on #WTOP, Charlottesville Police Chief Timothy Longo on #HannahGraham Listen Live: http://bit.ly/sjB3au

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #397 on: September 25, 2014, 08:57:06 AM »

https://twitter.com/JulieCareyNBC

Julie Carey @JulieCareyNBC  ·  11m
More from Galveston: Judge explained to #JesseMatthew he'd need a lawyer to fight extradition but Matthew declined pic.twitter.com/BFsNPDzPIU

Julie Carey @JulieCareyNBC  ·  28m
JUST IN: #JesseMatthew just appeared in Galveston court. No plea & says he's not requesting a TX court appted atttny pic.twitter.com/Oe5lAAFKTM

Julie Carey @JulieCareyNBC  ·  1h
Booking shot of #JesseMatthew in the Galveston Co Jail. Charlottesville police headed there http://bit.ly/ZdTj1H 

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #398 on: September 25, 2014, 08:58:54 AM »

Raw Video 3:30

http://www.wdbj7.com/news/local/web-extra-jesse-matthew-makes-first-court-appearance-in-houston/28240404
WEB EXTRA: Jesse Matthew makes first court appearance in Houston

POSTED: 09:02 AM EDT Sep 25, 2014

Jesse Matthew is charged with abduction with intent to defile, in regards to the Hannah Graham case. This is the raw video from CNN affiliate KTRK's live stream.

New Monkey
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #399 on: September 25, 2014, 09:28:45 AM »

If, indeed, he has been accused of rape and being forceful in the past, it would make a lot more sense to end up where he is now.  You don't just get to be 32 years old and decide to murder someone.  I am somewhat hopeful that he will be tied in to some of the other missing/murdered people in the area.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.