March 18, 2024, 10:41:37 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: UVA Coed Hannah Elizabeth Graham Missing Since 9/13/14 in Charlottesville, VA#1  (Read 618965 times)
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #520 on: September 25, 2014, 08:25:33 PM »

Meet the woman who brought a nationwide manhunt to an end
http://abc7chicago.com/324552/

Thursday, September 25, 2014

Glad she was there and knew what to do.   
Brandi
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #521 on: September 25, 2014, 08:38:39 PM »

Meet the woman who brought a nationwide manhunt to an end

Glad she was there and knew what to do.   

Shocked me to hear that Crimestoppers did not take her call seriously.

Sounded like she called police after that and they took her seriously.

Thank goodness.

Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #522 on: September 25, 2014, 08:53:54 PM »

CREDIT WHERE CREDIT IS DUE

Man charged with abducting missing Virginia student in custody in Galveston
September 24, 2014

<snipped>

The Galveston County Sheriff’s Office said Matthew was located on the beach in Gilchrist on the Bolivar Peninsula around 3:30 p.m. Wednesday.

According to Galveston County Judge Mark Henry, deputies received a call about a suspicious person camping in a tent on the beach. A deputy responded and ran the license plate of the suspicious person’s vehicle.

The license plate came back as “hot,” or wanted, said Henry, who was briefed on the circumstances.

Henry told Local 2 investigative reporter Jace Larson that Matthew did not resist arrest. The light blue Nissan Sentra found nearby was impounded.

<snipped>

http://www.click2houston.com/news/man-charged-with-abducting-missing-virginia-student-in-custody-in-galveston/28233540

Jesse Matthew, UVa. student Hannah Graham abduction suspect, arrested in Texas
September 24, 2014

<snipped>

Deputies with the Galveston Sheriff County Office were credited with the arrest.

“We would like to thank them for their very effective police work today,” said Adam Lee, special agent in charge, Richmond Field Operations.

<snipped>

http://wtvr.com/2014/09/24/jesse-matthew-jr-charged-with-abduction-of-hannah-graham-is-in-custody/

MEET THE WOMAN WHO BROUGHT A NATIONWIDE MANHUNT TO AN END

GALVESTON, TX -- The narrative of the arrest of Jesse Matthew has been that of an observant Galveston County deputy who found the fugitive camping on a Gilchrist beach Wednesday afternoon.

But there is more to the story -- that of a woman who felt compelled to drive to the beach with her dog, to relax and ponder her life. It was that decision that brought a nationwide manhunt for the alleged abductor of University of Virginia student Hannah Graham to an end.

She asks she be identified only as Karen. She was sitting on the tailgate of her truck, looking at the waves, when she says a car drove towards her on the beach.

Then she says, "He hit the brakes, throwing up sand and looked at me. He leaned over the console and stared. It was frightening."

That's because in those few seconds, she made the connection between the man looking at her, and the face in the mugshot that has been circulating nationwide since Graham's disappearance.

"I instantly knew it was him," she says.

And the reason he stared at her for what seemed like an eternity?

There were several men fishing nearby her truck, so she knew she could scream for help. But then, Matthew drove off.

She says she first called a local Crime Stoppers number, but she says no one took her call seriously.

"I told them the guy you're looking for is on the beach where I am," she says.

A dispatcher at the Galveston County Sheriff's Office was more responsive. Karen waited on the beach for a deputy to arrive.

"He came up to my window, and I told him you've got to get down there now. He's on the beach in a blue tent, and it's him!"

She left, and waited, at times questioning her own judgement. Later Wednesday night, she was watching TV when she saw a breaking news alert that Jesse Matthew had been arrested in Gilchrist.

She asks she be identified only as Karen.

<snipped>

Loving Natalee - Beth Holloway
Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #523 on: September 25, 2014, 09:09:02 PM »

http://www.nbc29.com/story/26630430/legal-analyst-explains-charges-in-hannah-graham-case

Legal Analyst Explains Charges in Hannah Graham Case
Posted: Sep 25, 2014 4:26 PM CDT
Updated: Sep 25, 2014 5:28 PM CDT

The charge has sparked a lot of questions about what it actually means. The charge comes if investigators believe you detained or transported someone with the intent to do something sexual - not necessarily rape, but some kind of sexual assault.

“Intent to defile” is one of five possible charges under Virginia's abduction statute. The other four have to do with money and sex trafficking.

For purposes of their investigation, police have not released the specifics of the evidence they have collected in the Graham case.

NBC29's legal expert says it's hard to prove intent in a Virginia courtroom.

“It could be an item of clothing, it could be a hair, it could be forensic evidence of some sort. Odds are they didn't find blood in the car because that could lead to an inference of an assault or a murder, which could have led immediately to a charge of murder,” said Lloyd Snook, NBC29 legal analyst.

Snook also clarified that abduction with intent to defile in no way implies sex trafficking.

If convicted, abduction with intent to defile could put Matthew behind bars for 20 years.
grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #524 on: September 25, 2014, 09:14:38 PM »

September 25, 2014
https://twitter.com/HenryGraff

Henry Graff retweeted 
Coy Barefoot @coybarefoot     ·   4m   
#BREAKING #HannahGraham #EXCLUSIVE investigative report - the night Hannah disappeared. http://insidecville.com/blog/ljs-timeline/

Henry Graff retweeted 
NBC29 @NBC29     ·   2h   
Four teams of trained search crews fanned down Carter Mountain in Albemarle Thursday looking for #HannahGraham. http://ht.ly/BWOdt

Henry Graff retweeted 
Laura French @lfrenchnews     ·   2h   
Police: BREAKING #JesseMatthew will return to Cville this weekend and face a judge Monday morning tentatively at 9am #HannahGraham @NBC29
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #525 on: September 25, 2014, 09:52:02 PM »

September 25, 2014 Tweets
https://twitter.com/toddbstone

Todd Stone @toddbstone  ·  3h
#JesseMatthew may want an early preliminary hearing. That's when the prosecutor has to show some cards. @MelissaCBS6 @CBS6

Todd Stone @toddbstone  ·  3h
Any evidence of assistance to help #JesseMatthew get out of Va? Charges often produce information. Complex to charge though. @CBS6

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

ARUBA: It's all about Natalee...we won't give up!

« Reply #526 on: September 25, 2014, 11:42:46 PM »

http://insidecville.com/blog/ljs-timeline/

EXCLUSIVE: LJ’s Timeline

Posted on Sep 25, 2014 in Blog, City, Nation, State, World | 0 comments   

The Hours Before LJ Met Hannah

“He kept trying to put his hands on my legs, above and below the knee,” the young woman says. “He’d been way too aggressive all night, putting his arm around me, picking me up, putting his hands on my legs. I looked at him and told him to keep his hands off of me.” They were in Tempo Restaurant on Fifth Street in downtown Charlottesville. It was shortly after midnight, in the early morning hours of Saturday, September 13.

The woman is a 25-year old resident of Charlottesville. The man is 32-year old Jesse “LJ” Matthew, who was arrested September 25 in Galveston, Texas on a charge of Abduction With Intent to Defile in the case involving the still-unexplained disappearance of second-year University of Virginia student Hannah Graham.

Hannah was last seen by an eye witness walking with LJ Matthew in the early morning hours of Saturday, September 13. She appeared heavily intoxicated, the witness told me, slouched against him, not quite able to walk on her own. They were seen together outside Tempo, the same restaurant where just about an hour before, another woman had told him to get his hands off of her. I ask that young woman what one thing she remembered most about that night. She thinks for a moment and says with a steady stare, “That he creeped me the f*** out.”

What about LJ’s timeline? Where was he that night before a witness saw him with his arm around Hannah, heading off into the night? Using the information provided to me by a number of eyewitnesses, none of whom had yet spoken to any reporters— but all of whom had already talked with police in a timely manner — I have been able to piece together a partial timeline of events for LJ Matthew in the hours leading up to the disappearance of Hannah Graham.

What I have learned is this: throughout the night, LJ Matthew demonstrated a troubling lack of respect for the physical boundaries of women and men— or perhaps even a deeper lack of understanding that those boundaries exist.

A friend of LJ’s for over nine years described him as a “prowler,” clarifying his use of the word by adding, “which is not to say he was looking for a victim, but looking for a girl who’s already compromised a little bit, maybe improve his chances.

3pm: The Hospital
Around 3pm Friday September 12, LJ Matthew wrapped up his working day at the University of Virginia Hospital, where he has been employed as a Patient Care Technician in the main operating room. One of his colleagues explained the job to me like this: “You are everyone’s assistant.” LJ was part of a team that was responsible for transporting patients throughout the facility, setting up and breaking down the main operating room for procedures. In several published media accounts, he has been described by those who know him personally as polite, quiet, helpful, respectful, and kind-hearted. One individual told me LJ always seemed like “a gentle giant.”

4-6pm: The Football Game
LJ was at the Covenant High School home football game on late Friday afternoon. A volunteer coach for the Covenant Eagles, LJ was cheering on the sidelines at that game, and watched his team crush Hargrave Military Academy 50-26, an exciting victory that included a thrilling third quarter in which the Eagles scored 24 points.

10pm: The Lazy Parrot Grill
LJ’s timeline picks up next at the Lazy Parrot in the Pantops Shopping Center, about a mile and a half from the Downtown Mall. Two witnesses confirmed that LJ came in at about 10pm that Friday night. They also confirmed that he is captured on an interior surveillance video camera, ordering one drink, and socializing with others in the bar. Eyewitnesses say he did not stay long. One said he was a regular, and that “he’s usually alone.”

11:45pm: The Blue Light Grill
Dave Johnson, a 33-year-old Charlottesville resident, has known and socialized with LJ Matthew for over nine years. He remembers going out that Friday night, September 12, and running into LJ at the Blue Light on the Downtown Mall.

“I went out with a big group of people that night,” Johnson says. “A couple of friends from out of town, friends from here, and some people I work with. There were about eight or 10 of us hanging out that night. We went to Fridays After Five, got some pizza, stopped by Sky Bar, and eventually ended up at the Blue Light around 11:30.

“LJ came into Blue Light by himself, I guess it was around 11:45. I recognized him coming in through the door.” LJ Matthew would be hard to miss at 6’2” tall, 270 pounds, with long dreadlocks. “I introduced him to my friends who were visiting, one of whom was a wrestler,” Johnson continues. “I knew LJ had wrestled in high school, so he would like that. Well, right away LJ shot in on the guy with a wrestling move, took him to the ground there in Blue Light. He pulled his head down to his leg into a standing cradle. My friend heard a pop and felt his hamstring go. So he was hobbling around all night, and for the rest of the weekend. It was an odd thing to do. It was an aggressive thing to do. It wasn’t really provoked. LJ just kind of did it.”
1155am

http://cdn.insidecville.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/09/1155am.jpg
The Blue Light Grill, 11:55pm, Friday September 12. LJ Matthew is in the blue-and-white checked shirt.

Johnson raises his phone at 11:55pm and grabs a photo of the scene. In the image (at right) people are crowded around the Blue Light bar, and LJ Matthew is clearly visible from behind. According to eyewitnesses, he is wearing a checkered shirt over a burgundy tank top with baggy white cargo shorts and socks with Crocs.

Johnson also introduces LJ to two female friends, one of whom is an attractive, 25-year old African-American woman who has recently moved to Charlottesville.

“He immediately picked us both up and held us over his shoulders,” recalls Molly, who agreed to speak with me on the condition that I use a pseudonym. “I didn’t like that at all and told him to put me down. It was very strange. He put us down, and we sort of tried to move away from where he was. But he kept coming around, putting his arm around us and stuff like that.”

“He was being aggressive,” Johnson admits. “But it’s nothing I don’t expect from LJ.”

http://cdn.insidecville.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/09/1205am.png
The Blue Light Grill, 12:05am, Saturday September 13. Jesse “LJ” Matthew is at right.

At 12:05am, Johnson captures another image on his phone (at left) which shows LJ standing with Molly. At that very moment, Hannah Graham is at a party with friends across town near the University.

Molly says she quickly grew tired of the uncomfortable advances from LJ. “I just didn’t like how he was grabbing my friend and I.” Hoping to leave him behind, Molly and her group of friends left Blue Light for Tempo. “But he followed us,” she says, despite the fact that no one in their group had invited him to come along. “But after we got to Tempo, he walked in the door right behind us.”

12:18am: Tempo Restaurant
Computer records at Tempo show that at 12:18am, LJ Matthew uses his Visa card to purchase three bourbon shots. He drank one and passed two to others at the bar, one of whom was Dave Johnson.

“There’s a range of his temperament,” Johnson replies when I ask about LJ’s behavior that night. “He was a little more aggressive that night than usual. But he’s been aggressive before. Sometimes he doesn’t know when to stop. He’s a pretty tough guy. Wrestling-wise, you’re not going to beat him. But it’s not something that you would ever extrapolate out and say that he’d have the propensity to rape or murder somebody.”

Molly recalls that she and a girlfriend sat at a table near the bar. “My friend had on cowboy boots, and they hurt her feet so she took her boots off. [LJ Matthew] walked over to her, took her socks off, and said “Let me look at your toes.” Molly says they didn’t know how to react to him, as he continued to be inappropriate.

“Then he came over to me and tried to touch my legs,” Molly says. “I told him no. He said, ‘I just want to see your feet, like her.’ I told him no. Don’t touch me, do not touch me. One time he reached above my knee, and the next time below my knee. I finally told him, don’t f***ing touch me.”

Still concerned by LJ’s unwelcome behavior, and in a second attempt that night to leave him behind, Molly says she gathered up her friends, including Johnson, and they all left LJ there at Tempo to walk down the Mall to the Escafé restaurant on nearby Water Street. She remembers seeing LJ outside as they left, standing around a group of people near the front door. I ask if at some point he followed them. Did he show up at Escafé?

No, she says.

12:45am: Fifth Street, in front of Tempo
“I remember him dancing around out front,” Abby says. “He was being obnoxious, bumping into people. He seemed really out of place.” Abby, a 23-year old employee of Tempo who, like Molly, agreed to speak with me only if I used a pseudonym, was at the front door that night checking IDs beginning around 10pm. She remembers quite well interacting with LJ Matthew that night at Tempo.

“He came in alone,” she says. “He wasn’t really hanging out with any one group of people. He was dancing some. He was really sweaty. He kept coming out front to bum cigarettes from people who were smoking.”

“I was talking to this woman and her husband,” she continues. “I was talking with her about her hair, it was really short and pretty. I remember them because they had British accents. At one point, I remember [LJ Matthew] was dancing around outside, and he bumped into this British lady pretty hard, just as a way of getting her attention. He was kind of grabby with her, and asked her for a cigarette. Her husband was standing right there. He was like, ‘listen, you can’t treat people like that. You can’t just bump into someone. You need to ask politely if you want something.’ Someone finally gave him a cigarette, and I think he might have sat on the curb and had a few puffs before he got up and walked away. He was alone.”

That was a little before 1am. Hannah Graham was at that time walking up Market Street and turning onto Second Street in front of Fellini’s restaurant, where an eyewitness saw her and she was captured by surveillance video. She is walking quickly. She is only minutes away from meeting up with LJ Matthew.

1am: The Downtown Mall
LJ Matthew leaves Tempo by himself at about 1am. He walks up Fifth Street and turns left, heading west down the Mall. At about the same time, Hannah Graham has turned off of Second Street a few blocks away, and is walking east up the Mall in his direction.

Two surveillance cameras on the Mall, one at Sal’s Italian Restaurant and the other inside Tuel Jewelers, record what happens over the next few minutes.

In the Sal’s video, LJ is seen walking into view from the left just as two women are approaching from the opposite direction. He playfully high-fives one of them, and continues walking west. A few seconds later, Hannah appears in the same footage, walking east on the other side of the Mall. She is by herself.

Slightly off camera to the right, LJ crosses the Mall and merges in with a group of five people. He is walking east now, not too far behind Hannah. In the Tuel’s video a few seconds later, he can be seen walking directly next to Hannah, just to her right, and is keeping pace with her long stride.

An eyewitness reported seeing an African-American man walk up to Hannah about that time and throw his arm around her. I ask LJ’s long-time friend Dave Johnson if he believes LJ knew Hannah before that night. Did he ever mention her? Did he speak of her? Was she a known person among your circle of friends?

“No, not at all, not at all. I don’t know her,” Dave answers. “He never mentioned her. I don’t think he knew her. In fact, I’m fairly certain of it, because he walked up and threw his arm around her. That’s what he did to women when he was hitting on them. If he threw his arm around a woman like that, that was not usually a sign that he knew her. That was a sign that he didn’t. If Hannah knew him, she wouldn’t let him put his arm around her.”

According to investigators, LJ Matthew and Hannah Graham walked up the Mall together, turned right down Fifth Street and headed to Tempo. Within minutes, LJ was back at the Tempo bar, ordering two drinks.

1:10am: Back at Tempo
Abby, who had been checking IDs at the door since about 10pm, does not remember seeing LJ come back to Tempo just after 1am, which would have been only a few minutes after he’d left. Nor does she recall Hannah coming up to the door or asking to come inside. “I don’t remember her,” she says. “Not then. I saw her later.”

Tempo Owner and Chef Brice Cunningham disagrees with those who contend that Hannah Graham was inside his restaurant that night. “I have great respect for the Charlottesville Police,” he says. “I want to do everything I can do to help find Hannah. Everyone at Tempo feels the same way. We are all so upset about this. We want to help find her. But some people have been saying that they saw Hannah here at Tempo. No one I have spoken with, not my guests or my staff, remembers her being here that night.”

Chris Gallagher, who works with Brice to promote the popular dance events that are held at Tempo on Friday nights, agrees. “I never saw her here,” he tells me. “No one I know who was here that night remembers seeing her inside. I know Abby saw her outside after last call. Maybe she was outside waiting for LJ. I don’t know.”

Charlottesville Police Chief Tim Longo has said publicly that a single witness saw LJ Matthew and Hannah Graham together inside Tempo drinking together.

“It’s possible some people were confused,” Gallagher says. “Because most of the night there was a woman here with friends, sitting at the end of the bar, wearing a sequined crop top. But it wasn’t Hannah. It was a woman a few years older than Hannah, and she was shorter and chubbier. My guess is some people remember seeing that other woman here, and because they were dressed similarly, maybe they think that was Hannah. I’ve asked around. I haven’t talked to anyone who was here that night who remembers seeing Hannah inside drinking.”

What is not contested is the fact that LJ Matthew used his Visa a second time that evening at Tempo. According to the records that were shared with me by Cunningham, LJ ordered two drinks at 1:09am and paid for them exactly one minute later. The bartender rang them up at $7 a piece. Witnesses with whom I spoke do not recall whether they were beers or mixed drinks or one of each. And no one I spoke with recalls watching LJ drink one or both of those drinks. Nor does anyone recall him taking them outside to share with someone.

1:45am: Last Call
Abby does remember quite well seeing LJ Matthew and Hannah Graham walking away outside about a half hour later. “A lot of people were outside then,” she says. “It was a typical, crowded Friday night. I guess it was about 1:40 or closer to 1:45. I remember because it was definitely after last call.”

“He came out the side door,” she says of LJ Matthew. “I saw him come walking by and I thought, there’s that obnoxious guy from before. I noticed he had his arm around a girl. She was wearing a crop top.” Abby says it was days later, after she’d seen some video images on the news, that she recognized the girl. She learned that that same girl she’d seen on the Mall was a second-year University of Virginia student named Hannah Graham.

“When I saw her that night,” Abby says, “I remember thinking, she’s really drunk. She couldn’t walk well. She was slouched into him, leaning against him, like she was having difficulty standing up. He was talking to her, and his right arm was around her, not over her shoulder, not at the waist, but around her back and holding her right arm. He was holding her close, like he was almost holding her up. They walked away together up the street towards the Mall.”

That was about 1:45am on Saturday, September 13. That was the last time anyone remembers seeing Hannah Graham.

I stand with the girl, Natalee Holloway.

"I can look back over the past 10 years and there were no steps wasted, and there are no regrets,'' she said. "I did all I knew to do and I think that gives me greater peace now." "I've lived every parent's worst nightmare and I'm the parent that nobody wants to be," she said.

Beth Holloway, 2015 interview with Greta van Susteren
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #527 on: September 25, 2014, 11:50:26 PM »

If the photos in the article are from that night, he must have changed clothes before the video we've seen that captured him and Hannah.

"I can look back over the past 10 years and there were no steps wasted, and there are no regrets,'' she said. "I did all I knew to do and I think that gives me greater peace now." "I've lived every parent's worst nightmare and I'm the parent that nobody wants to be," she said.

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #528 on: September 26, 2014, 12:18:15 AM »

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=773540302692836&set=o.711448445592073&type=3&theater

New Monkey
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #529 on: September 26, 2014, 07:07:55 AM »

When would "LJ" have had time to change his clothing? 
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #530 on: September 26, 2014, 07:38:02 AM »

When would "LJ" have had time to change his clothing? 

Maybe he had extra clothes in his car?  Maybe he just changed shirts?

Maybe he didn't change at all, and we just can't really tell what color his shirt was in the video?  Definitely looks like he has on the white shorts, and socks and crocs in the video imo.

http://insidecville.com/blog/ljs-timeline/

“He came in alone,” she says. “He wasn’t really hanging out with any one group of people. He was dancing some. He was really sweaty. He kept coming out front to bum cigarettes from people who were smoking.”

According to eyewitnesses, he is wearing a checkered shirt over a burgundy tank top with baggy white cargo shorts and socks with Crocs.

New Monkey
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #531 on: September 26, 2014, 07:54:42 AM »

I was wondering about the really sweaty part, too, and if he would've kept an extra shirt in the car.  That's kind of groty to think of him hanging all over a bunch of girls when he's sweating like that.  I'm also wondering if he was on something besides alcohol to be so daggum sweaty.  Sometimes bigger guys like that sweat more anyway.  Sounds like his buddy, Dave Johnson, hasn't done him any favors by speaking with the media.  He doesn't sound like such a "gentle giant" when he's being portrayed as a "prowler" who likes to hit on women who are already compromised in some way. 
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #532 on: September 26, 2014, 09:11:10 AM »

http://ac360.blogs.cnn.com/2014/09/26/an-unaccounted-for-40-hours-the-crucial-piece-in-the-case-of-the-missing-uva-student/?hpt=ac_bn1
An unaccounted for 40 hours: the crucial piece in the case of the missing UVA student
Did abduction suspect Jesse Matthew fraternize with missing college student Hannah Graham at a Charlottesville, Virginia restaurant?
Did the pair leave together?
And what about the unaccounted for 40 hours between Graham's disappearance, and the first report of her having gone missing?

September 26, 2014

Video 2:25

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
redquartz
Scared Monkey

« Reply #533 on: September 26, 2014, 11:34:26 AM »

The police have video of Hannah up until her leaving Tempo. Just wondering if they looked for video's of JT's car after he left Tempo's. Looks like there are a lot of camera's around, that they should maybe have seen where his car went.
Green Eyes
Monkey Mega Star

Happy Spring

« Reply #534 on: September 26, 2014, 11:45:16 AM »

The question that was asked why Galveston Texas? Was addresses in this article. It seems that's what it has been known for for many years, to be a place to hide. According to the article it isn't odd for people to camp out on the beach there.

http://www.aol.com/article/2014/09/26/arrest-site-for-abduction-suspect-at-roads-end/20968005/?ncid=webmail10

Arrest site for abduction suspect has served as a hiding spot for centuries.

GILCHRIST, Texas (AP) - If kidnap suspect Jesse Leroy Matthew Jr. was looking to hide from authorities, he picked what would seem to be a good spot with the remote Bolivar Peninsula, a finger of Gulf of Mexico barrier sand and scrub vegetation barely above sea level.
The island's beaches have served as a hiding spot for centuries: graves from one of the Houston area's most notorious mass slayings and a haven for the famed French pirate Jean Lafitte.
"We seem to be the end of the road," Sheriff Henry Trochesset said.

It's not uncommon to see random tents on the barren beaches, nor for sheriff's deputies to encounter people who don't want to identify themselves, Trochesset said.
"We get lots of weird folks," Rob Faupel, 45, an air conditioning technician, said. "It seems like a good place to seek refuge. It's kind of remote.

GOD BLESS AMERICA
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #535 on: September 26, 2014, 01:41:29 PM »

September 26, 2014 Tweets
https://twitter.com/NBC29

NBC29 @NBC29  ·  2h
UPDATE: @HenryGraff reports #Cville General District Court closed Sept. 28 - Oct. 1 due to judicial conference. #JesseMatthew
ReplyReplied to 0 times RetweetRetweeted 6 times6 FavoriteFavorited 0 times
More
 NBC29 @NBC29  ·  2h
JUST IN: @HenryGraff reports police say #JesseMatthew will likely return to Virginia on Saturday.

https://twitter.com/SolomonReports

Brent Solomon @solomonreports  ·  58m
BREAKING: #JesseMatthew 's court appearance in VA not expected to happen before Thursday. #BringHannahHome #NBC12

Brent Solomon @solomonreports  ·  2h
Students at @RandolphMacon to hold candlelight vigil Tuesday at 8pm to #BringHannahHome #NBC12 #RVA

Brent Solomon @solomonreports  ·  2h
At this hour #JesseMatthew is still at the Galveston jail in TX. #BringHannahHome #NBC12

Brent Solomon @solomonreports  ·  3h
Just spoke with #JesseMatthew attorney who says he knows the family and wanted to help, suggested he waive extradition ... http://fb.me/3n6f6yY3J

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #536 on: September 26, 2014, 01:45:04 PM »

https://twitter.com/RickBooneFOX5DC

Rick Boone @RickBooneFOX5DC  ·  34m
Update:#JesseMatthew to VA soon but wont face a VA judge until next Thur, due to courts closed. #HannahGraham search continues @fox5newsdc

https://twitter.com/MattTalhelm

Matt Talhelm retweeted
 NBCWashington @nbcwashington  ·  10m
BREAKING: Suspect in missing UVa. student's disappearance to be extradited to Virginia on Saturday. #findhannah http://bit.ly/1syBvuO

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #537 on: September 26, 2014, 01:47:22 PM »

September 25 & 26, 2014 Tweets
https://twitter.com/toddbstone

Todd Stone @toddbstone  ·  7h
Victim allegedly raped by Jesse Matthew at Liberty never filed charge | http://WTVR.com  http://wtvr.com/2014/09/25/victim-allegedly-raped-by-jesse-matthew-at-liberty-dropped-charge/

Todd Stone @toddbstone  ·  19h
Cell phone location info for #JesseMatthew night #HannahGraham went missing? If none, it's unusual & suggest planning? @CBS6 @MelissaCBS6

goodnmad
Monkey All Star Jr.

Good grief! It's Charlie Brown.

« Reply #538 on: September 26, 2014, 02:03:46 PM »

The bit about JM's wrestling moves in the InsideCville blog is very disturbing. How easy it would be for a man of his size to overpower and hurt a sober woman, never mind an intoxicated one. 

I remember you, Caylee.
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #539 on: September 26, 2014, 02:05:20 PM »

https://twitter.com/HenryGraff

Henry Graff retweeted
 NBC29 @NBC29  ·  10m
JUST IN: #JesseMatthew left Galveston County jail, taken by local deputies to rendevous with VA cops who will return him.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.