March 18, 2024, 08:29:24 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: UVA Coed Hannah Elizabeth Graham Missing Since 9/13/14 in Charlottesville, VA#1  (Read 618956 times)
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #600 on: September 27, 2014, 08:54:47 PM »

Could it be that Jesse was buying alcohol for under-age Hannah?  Ten minute after Jesse purchased the alcohol ... Hannah texted her friend that she was lost.   Could it be that it was at this point that Jesse offered to drive Hannah to her party?

Janet

++++

Hannah Graham disappearance: What we know, what we don’t know
September 23, 2014

<snipped>

On the evening of September 12, she was seen at a party before friends saw her at an apartment complex a couple of blocks away from the party. That was shortly before midnight.

About 12:45 a.m. on September 13, a surveillance camera caught her outside of a pub, about three-quarters of a mile from the apartment complex. A doorman turned her away at the pub, Longo said Sunday.

<snipped>

http://wtvr.com/2014/09/23/hannah-graham-jesse-matthew-clothing/

Tempo Restaurant Releases Statement About Hannah Graham
Posted: Sep 25, 2014 7:47 AM PDT
Updated: Sep 25, 2014 8:10 AM PD

<snipped>

" .... On Wednesday, September 17, when the Charlottesville Police Department first released video that showed Hannah walking along the downtown mall at around 1 am, Tempo was able to immediately provide authorities with information that pinpointed the location of the Person of Interest, Mr. Matthew. Details of credit card receipts showed that he had made purchases at the bar shortly after midnight while Hannah was still making her way towards the downtown mall from Preston Avenue. Those records also confirm that he returned to Tempo at 1:10 am and left shortly after, although Ms. Graham was not seen inside the restaurant and was never served. She was, however, noticed by the door-person outside the restaurant at that time, and seen leaving with Matthew shortly thereafter. These details helped police reconstruct Ms. Graham's movements and last known whereabouts. ...."

<snipped>

http://www.wric.com/story/26626198/search-for-hannah-graham-tempo-restaurant-releases-statement

Was or was not Hannah inside the Tempo Restaurant?

Janet

Loving Natalee - Beth Holloway
Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #601 on: September 27, 2014, 08:57:46 PM »

Bar at Center of Missing UVA Student Case May Face Legal Trouble
Sep 27, 2014, 8:46 AM ET

The restaurant where missing University of Virginia student Hannah Graham and Jesse Matthew allegedly went shortly before she disappeared could face legal trouble if it is confirmed that she drank there.

Surveillance footage from neighboring restaurants and witness testimony places 18-year-old Graham and 32-year-old Matthew in Tempo Restaurant in Charlottesville, Virginia, shortly after 1 a.m. on Sept. 13, according to police. But the owner said that none of the staff saw her inside.

The allegations could be very detrimental to the restaurant. Virginia's Department of Alcohol Beverage Control classifies serving someone underage a Class 1 misdemeanor that can be punishable by up to a year in prison and a possible $2,500 fine.

Brice Cunningham, the owner of Tempo Restaurant, said the restaurant is cooperating with the police investigation.

"I notice Mr. Matthews, as I told police. They ask me for his description, I came forward and gave them the information I had," Cunningham told ABC News. "We didn't see her, we didn't notice her. And she hasn't been here -- as far as we know and the staff knows, nobody saw her.

Even though he says none of his staffers saw Graham inside, Cunningham does know of one woman who was near the door who claims to have seen Matthew and Graham "leaving together." Cunningham said that woman saw Matthew "holding her with an arm around her. And she did look drunk."

The sales ticket indicates Matthews had beers, Cunningham said.

Charlottesville police have confirmed that they have witness testimony that contradicts Cunningham's version of events. Police Chief Timothy Longo said Thursday "we have at least one witness that will put her inside of that restaurant."

<snipped>

http://abcnews.go.com/US/bar-center-missing-uva-student-case-face-legal/story?id=25787415

Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #602 on: September 27, 2014, 09:00:37 PM »

Could he have drugged her?

_____

Brandi
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #603 on: September 27, 2014, 09:09:10 PM »

Could it be that Jesse was buying alcohol for under-age Hannah?  Ten minute after Jesse purchased the alcohol ... Hannah texted her friend that she was lost.   Could it be that it was at this point that Jesse offered to drive Hannah to her party?

Janet

++++

Hannah Graham disappearance: What we know, what we don’t know
September 23, 2014

<snipped>

On the evening of September 12, she was seen at a party before friends saw her at an apartment complex a couple of blocks away from the party. That was shortly before midnight.

About 12:45 a.m. on September 13, a surveillance camera caught her outside of a pub, about three-quarters of a mile from the apartment complex. A doorman turned her away at the pub, Longo said Sunday.

<snipped>

http://wtvr.com/2014/09/23/hannah-graham-jesse-matthew-clothing/

Tempo Restaurant Releases Statement About Hannah Graham
Posted: Sep 25, 2014 7:47 AM PDT
Updated: Sep 25, 2014 8:10 AM PD

<snipped>

" .... On Wednesday, September 17, when the Charlottesville Police Department first released video that showed Hannah walking along the downtown mall at around 1 am, Tempo was able to immediately provide authorities with information that pinpointed the location of the Person of Interest, Mr. Matthew. Details of credit card receipts showed that he had made purchases at the bar shortly after midnight while Hannah was still making her way towards the downtown mall from Preston Avenue. Those records also confirm that he returned to Tempo at 1:10 am and left shortly after, although Ms. Graham was not seen inside the restaurant and was never served. She was, however, noticed by the door-person outside the restaurant at that time, and seen leaving with Matthew shortly thereafter. These details helped police reconstruct Ms. Graham's movements and last known whereabouts. ...."

<snipped>

http://www.wric.com/story/26626198/search-for-hannah-graham-tempo-restaurant-releases-statement

Was or was not Hannah inside the Tempo Restaurant?

Janet

Well, I say she was inside the restaurant, since Chief Longo says she was witnessed in there, and since his grandmother, Christine Carr, said Jesse told his mother, Debra that he bought her "drinks" that night.
“I have been talking with his mother,” Jesse’s grandmother Christine Carr told the UK’s Daily Mail. “He said he went his way and she went hers. He told his mother he bought her some drinks. He said she did not get into his car. The girl went her way and he went his … I saw the video tape. That is him, that is LJ. The police went through his car and his apartment. They took away his car and three bags out of his apartment.” 
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2763906/EXCLUSIVE-Person-hunt-missing-Hannah-Graham-nursing-assistant-claims-did-NOT-drive-car-hundreds-volunteers-search-her.html

I believe the Tempo owner is just trying to cover his arse.

And, yes, he could very well have drugged her through the drink(s) IMO.

Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #604 on: September 27, 2014, 09:35:57 PM »

A drug could easily be slipped unnoticed into a "intoxicated/compromised woman" drink.

Janet

++++

REPORTER: GRAHAM KIDNAPPING SUSPECT DESCRIBED AS 'PROWLER
September 20, 2014

Investigative journalist and “Inside Charlottesville” host Coy Barefoot reported that LJ Matthew, the man arrested as a suspect in the disappearance of missing University of Virginia student Hannah Graham, was described by acquaintances as a “prowler” who “might look for a woman who might be intoxicated, might be compromised, might be a little vulnerable because, in his words ‘he would have a better chance’” on Friday’s “Situation Room” on CNN

<snipped>

http://www.breitbart.com/Breitbart-TV/2014/09/26/Reporter-Graham-Kidnapping-Suspect-Described-as-Prowler.

_____

Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #605 on: September 27, 2014, 09:59:06 PM »

Well, I say she was inside the restaurant, since Chief Longo says she was witnessed in there, and since his grandmother, Christine Carr, said Jesse told his mother, Debra that he bought her "drinks" that night.

“I have been talking with his mother,” Jesse’s grandmother Christine Carr told the UK’s Daily Mail. “He said he went his way and she went hers. He told his mother he bought her some drinks. He said she did not get into his car. The girl went her way and he went his … I saw the video tape. That is him, that is LJ. The police went through his car and his apartment. They took away his car and three bags out of his apartment.” 

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2763906/EXCLUSIVE-Person-hunt-missing-Hannah-Graham-nursing-assistant-claims-did-NOT-drive-car-hundreds-volunteers-search-her.html

Good catch Brandi!!

However ... Tempo Restaurant owner claims credit card records appear to claim otherwise.  Only two beers were purchased.  Could it be that prior to giving a drink to a waiting Hannah ... Jesse spiked it?

Janet

++++++

With Jesse Matthew in custody, challenges remain in search for Hannah Graham
By The Associated Press September 26, 2014

<snipped>

Tempo Restaurant owner Brice Cunningham told the AP on Thursday that his staff told police Graham could barely walk without support when she left with Matthew. He said Matthew briefly entered the bar where credit card records show he ordered what appeared to be two beers before rejoining the teenager outside. An employee then watched them walk off with Matthew's arm around her, Cunningham said.

<snipped>

http://www.wjla.com/articles/2014/09/hannah-graham-investigation-continues-with-jesse-matthews-in-custody-107531.html

_____

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

ARUBA: It's all about Natalee...we won't give up!

« Reply #606 on: September 27, 2014, 11:32:57 PM »

I've wondered about that too.   

I stand with the girl, Natalee Holloway.

"I can look back over the past 10 years and there were no steps wasted, and there are no regrets,'' she said. "I did all I knew to do and I think that gives me greater peace now." "I've lived every parent's worst nightmare and I'm the parent that nobody wants to be," she said.

Beth Holloway, 2015 interview with Greta van Susteren
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #607 on: September 28, 2014, 12:50:12 AM »

http://www.nbc29.com/story/26645243/search-for-hannah-graham-stretches-into-rural-southern-albemarle-co

Search for Hannah Graham Stretches into Rural Southern Albemarle Co.
Posted: Sep 27, 2014 8:31 PM CST
Updated: Sep 27, 2014 9:35 PM CST

ALBEMARLE COUNTY, Va (WVIR) -

In the air and on foot, the search for University of Virginia student Hannah Graham stretches out into rural southern Albemarle County.

Saturday a crew of 20 trained search and rescue volunteers used canines and helicopters to search a wide area between Route 29 and Route 20.

Crews say it's a complicated process to set up and search over such a wide area. They start by focusing on high priority areas within the search zone, which are decided based on tips police, receive, and factors like ease of access or proximity to a roadway. Their main focus Saturday was along route 29 south of Charlottesville.

"Even if we don't find anything, that's still information because it to a great degree is a process of elimination. So even if we go through an area, we don't find anything, it's something we can rule out, we can push on to the next area,” said Eggeman.

The last of the ground search volunteers stopped for the night around 7 to head home and get ready to head back out Sunday. The area of focus for those search teams then will be along Plank Road, which is also in southern Albemarle County.

"I can look back over the past 10 years and there were no steps wasted, and there are no regrets,'' she said. "I did all I knew to do and I think that gives me greater peace now." "I've lived every parent's worst nightmare and I'm the parent that nobody wants to be," she said.

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #608 on: September 28, 2014, 12:59:48 AM »

http://www.newsplex.com/home/headlines/The-Search-Continues-for-Missing-UVa-Student-Hannah-Graham-277341451.html

The Search Continues for Missing UVa Student Hannah Graham
Posted: Sat 8:52 PM, Sep 27, 2014

September 27, 2014

The search for Hannah Graham continues as local and State Police began looking in rural areas of Albemarle County.

For the past two weeks, search crews have gone around nearly 90 percent of the City of Charlottesville, looking for any sign of Hannah Graham, the 18-year old UVa second year who was reported missing back on September 14th.

“There have been some searches in Albemarle County, but not to this scale,” says Capt. Gregory Jenkins, Albemarle Co. Police.

Twenty-six different volunteer search groups, along with Virginia State Police and the Department of Homeland Security gathered at the Albemarle County Police Department as they mapped out a plan to search the southern part of Albemarle Co.

“What we are focusing on is the Monacan Trail area, Rt. 29 south area of Albemarle co,” says Jenkins. “We want to take a look at the major thoroughfares in Albemarle Co. that connect Charlottesville.”

They searched on foot, as well as in the air. Several helicopters flew above rural fields in southern Albemarle Co. near Plank Road, searching for any clues that can lead to Hannah.

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #609 on: September 28, 2014, 01:24:03 AM »

I've wondered about that too.   

That crossed my mind too. 

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
New Monkey
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #610 on: September 28, 2014, 08:12:18 AM »

klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #611 on: September 28, 2014, 09:45:53 AM »

http://www.dailyprogress.com/news/local/after-arrest-in-graham-disappearance-downtown-mall-patrons-calm-cautious/article_2cce02f6-46b7-11e4-929c-001a4bcf6878.html

After arrest in Graham disappearance, Downtown Mall patrons calm, cautious

Posted: Saturday, September 27, 2014 10:28 pm | Updated: 9:02 am, Sun Sep 28, 2014.

Several hours after Jesse Leroy Matthew Jr. walked onto a local airport tarmac, his hands cuffed and FBI agents at his side, the Downtown Mall bustled.

Smokers huddled in pockets outside bars. Shouts periodically sounded in the night. A patrol officer kept watch.

Two weeks earlier, Hannah Elizabeth Graham, 18, a second-year University of Virginia student, wandered onto the mall and vanished into the darkness early on a Saturday morning. Matthew, 32, of Albemarle County, is charged with abducting her.

Search teams with dogs scoured southern Albemarle on Saturday, looking around Monacan Trail Road. By late Saturday, there still was no word of a trace of Graham having been found.

“Maybe this [case] says something: that we really need to start looking out for each other when it gets this late, men and women,” said a woman who declined to give her name as she stood outside a bar on the mall just after 1 a.m. Saturday.

On a temperate, windless night Friday, throngs of students, residents and out-of-towners packed into a eight-block stretch for a concert at the nTelos Wireless Pavilion, the Tom Tom block party less than two blocks up from the mall on Second Street Northwest and the usual weekend-launching bar scene.

A police officer patrolling the mall said the night had been tame, in spite of the crowds. One or two officers patrol the mall each night, authorities said. No officers have been added in the area since Graham’s Sept. 13 disappearance.

Green Eyes
Monkey Mega Star

Happy Spring

« Reply #612 on: September 28, 2014, 09:53:52 AM »

Brandi wrote.......

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I believe she was inside the restaurant too. And the owner is trying to cover his bottom for serving a minor. That said then the owner said the receipt showed JM has purchased 2 beers. But he tells his mother yes he bought her SOME drinks. My point is one & some are two different things. So where else did he buy her drinks at? Or were both  beers for her?

GOD BLESS AMERICA
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #613 on: September 28, 2014, 11:11:51 AM »

https://twitter.com/DickUliano/status/516241970621349889

Dick Uliano @DickUliano  ·  25m

50 people and 10 dogs are searching today for #HannahGraham #wtop pic.twitter.com/GQUvLjmCpL

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #614 on: September 28, 2014, 11:23:48 AM »

https://twitter.com/LorenCBS19/status/516250192119857152

Loren Thomas ‏@LorenCBS19 4m

State and Albemarle Co police continuing to search along Rt.29 South for #HannahGraham. #BringHannahHome

klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #615 on: September 28, 2014, 11:32:00 AM »

Near Plank Rd and the 29

klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #616 on: September 28, 2014, 11:43:54 AM »

Near Plank Rd and the 29

http://www.511virginia.org/

Traffic cameras in the area.  Could be why they are searching this particular area:

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #617 on: September 28, 2014, 11:46:21 AM »

http://www.roanoke.com/news/virginia/acquaintance-says-matthew-s-demeanor-changed-after-hannah-graham-disappeared/article_6bacebeb-68f5-542c-a52b-5ad91e1121f1.html

Acquaintance says Matthew's demeanor changed after Hannah Graham disappeared

Posted: Wednesday, September 24, 2014 10:21 pm

The (Charlottesville) Daily Progress

A co-worker at UVa said Matthew’s demeanor changed the week after Graham disappeared. Typically jovial, she said, Matthew became reserved, and began taking his lunch break alone.

Green Eyes
Monkey Mega Star

Happy Spring

« Reply #618 on: September 28, 2014, 12:00:53 PM »

http://www.roanoke.com/news/virginia/acquaintance-says-matthew-s-demeanor-changed-after-hannah-graham-disappeared/article_6bacebeb-68f5-542c-a52b-5ad91e1121f1.html

Acquaintance says Matthew's demeanor changed after Hannah Graham disappeared

Posted: Wednesday, September 24, 2014 10:21 pm

The (Charlottesville) Daily Progress

A co-worker at UVa said Matthew’s demeanor changed the week after Graham disappeared. Typically jovial, she said, Matthew became reserved, and began taking his lunch break alone.

If true that says a lot to me. Isn't that one of things the police chief ask people that knew him to let them know?

GOD BLESS AMERICA
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #619 on: September 28, 2014, 12:25:45 PM »

Friend of Jesse Matthew (since he was 9) thinks he's innocent, but doesn't seem to know a lot about Jesse's life at the time of Hannah's disappearance.  He doesn't know if he had a girlfriend or not, who Jesse's roommates were, or that he was a drinker were all things that stood out to me.  jmo

http://www.hlntv.com/video/2014/09/26/friend-hannah-graham-suspect-hes-innocent

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=beJSs7soYaE#t=60

http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/1409/25/ng.01.html

NANCY GRACE

Graham Disappearance Suspect Found, Arrested; UVA Co-Ed Kidnap Suspect in Court; Woman Lures and Kills Mom to Steal Her Babies

Aired September 25, 2014 - 20:00   ET

THIS IS A RUSH TRANSCRIPT. THIS COPY MAY NOT BE IN ITS FINAL FORM AND MAY BE UPDATED.

Joining me right now, a childhood friend of this man, 6`2", 270 pound hospital orderly, Jesse LJ Matthew, Jr. With me is Michael Moore.

Mr. Moore, thank you for being with us.

MICHAEL MOORE, CHILDHOOD FRIEND OF JESSE MATTHEW: You`re very welcome.

GRACE: You say you believe he is innocent. You know him very well. Why do you say that?

MOORE: Well, for one this is -- this is totally not in Jesse`s character. This is not something that he is known to me for even thinking about doing.

So that`s why I say that he is innocent.

GRACE: Let me ask you, Mr. Moore -- with me childhood friend of Jesse Matthew, Michael Moore.

Michael, do you know him to have a physical ailment? Why would he be in sick bay, medical bay in the -- in the jail?

MOORE: Well, I have no idea why he`s there. I don`t think that he has any kind of mental illness. That has never came about --

GRACE: OK.

MOORE: As we were growing up. So I have no idea --

GRACE: When was the last time you spoke with him?

MOORE: I spoke with him two months ago. I have spoken to him and we had actually had a very good conversation. So --

GRACE: Let me ask you this. Do you know if he had a girlfriend or fiancee, dating anybody?

MOORE: I don`t know that, no.

GRACE: All right. Do you know who his roommates were?

MOORE: No, ma`am. No, ma`am. I really couldn`t tell you.

GRACE: I wonder what became of his dog, his Rottweiler. He left -- he left his plants there. His roommate fled, left his dogs behind with somebody that he gave his explanation to.

Was he a camper, Michael? Did he like to camp?

MOORE: Well, he`s always talked about camping but as for him why actually camping, I can`t say that I`ve ever known him to actually camp so --

GRACE: Interesting that he chose this time for a camping trip. Do you know if he had camping equipment or did he actually have to go buy all of this equipment?

MOORE: Well, I don`t know if -- he had obviously had camping safety equipment but he may have brought it, I`m not for sure.

GRACE: Why do you think he took off, Mr. Moore?

MOORE: Well, in my opinion and this is like coming from like a lifetime childhood friend, Jesse is not the kind that is like easily -- to be under pressure. I think that he was scared. I think that he was frightened as being a suspect. Because --

GRACE: So you think he was frightened? You think he was frightened at the whole thing.

MOORE: Yes. Yes.

GRACE: Mr. Moore, you`ve been friends since childhood, did he always drink bourbon?

MOORE: I`m sorry?

GRACE: Does he like bourbon? That`s what he ordered that night at Tempo Restaurant and Bar. Did he always drink bourbon?

MOORE: Not that I`ve known of. I`d really didn`t know him as to be a drinker so --

GRACE: Yes. Do you know if he had a cell phone? When he called you the last time you spoke, was it on a cell?

MOORE: No, it was usually face-to-face.

GRACE: Face-to-face.

MOORE: That`s right.

Everyone with me, Michael Moore, long time friend of Jesse Matthew.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.