March 19, 2024, 12:08:47 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: UVA Coed Hannah Elizabeth Graham Missing Since 9/13/14 in Charlottesville, VA#1  (Read 618984 times)
goodnmad
Monkey All Star Jr.

Good grief! It's Charlie Brown.

« Reply #660 on: September 29, 2014, 02:36:51 PM »

I believe the monster has been found. Still sick to my stomach for Morgan and Hannah. It's him. The monster has a name. 

I remember you, Caylee.
Rob
Monkey All Star

« Reply #661 on: September 29, 2014, 02:41:33 PM »

Well, now my last shred of hope to find Hannah alive has been destroyed.

However, I am so glad he is behind bars.

Hi Brandy - as you know, how Morgan Harrington was murdered was never revealed. I remember reading something to the effect of "extreme violence". Doubtful that Hannah is alive and the accused captured and no sign of her.

This is a death penalty case.

One other point - hard to believe Matthew escaped any police scrutiny all these years. Seems like everyone was aware of his abnormal behavior directed at women.

Truth, Justice and the American Way.

+++

~ livin' the life I was born to live - givin' it all I've got to give ~
goodnmad
Monkey All Star Jr.

Good grief! It's Charlie Brown.

« Reply #662 on: September 29, 2014, 02:48:47 PM »

Four-five years between: Fairfax (2005) -- Morgan (2009) -- Hannah (2014)

No other potential vics in between?

Cassandra Morton (2009)?

I believe both Samantha Clark and Alexis Murphy are RAT's victims.

Any other missing females in the area? Even older females? Maybe he took opportunities when he got them--even if the female was not young.

Thoughts and prayers with the Harringtons and Grahams.

an angelic monkey

I remember you, Caylee.
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #663 on: September 29, 2014, 02:53:27 PM »

In the case of Morgan Harrington, I believe they have DNA they can try and match. 

Help Us Catch a Killer
Unknown Offender Linked by DNA in Two Separate Cases

06/13/12

On a Saturday night in October 2009, college student Morgan Harrington left a Metallica concert at the University of Virginia in Charlottesville and disappeared. It would be several months before her body was discovered in a field about 10 miles away.

<snipped>

DNA recovered in the Harrington case was linked to an unknown offender in a September 2005 sexual assault in Fairfax City. A 26-year-old woman was attacked at night while walking home from a grocery store. The offender was scared away by a passerby—but the victim got a good look at him, enabling a Fairfax City Police artist to produce a sketch of the attacker.

“It was a remarkable break to get the DNA match,” said FBI Special Agent Jane Collins. The forensic evidence linked the two cases, so now we have a face to put with the suspect in the Harrington case. The suspect is described as an African-American male with black hair and facial hair (at the time of the 2005 attack). He is approximately 6 feet tall and was believed to be between the ages of 25 and 35 years old at the time of the Fairfax City assault.

http://www.fbi.gov/news/stories/2012/june/help-FBI-catch-morgan-harrington-killer/morgan-harrington_060412

It makes sense that DNA would link Jesse Matthew to the Fairfax rape case.  The latest revelations would then bring a measure of closure to two families.

Janet

++++

VSP: Forensic Evidence Links Jesse Matthew to Harrington Case
Posted: Sep 29, 2014 9:09 AM PDT
Updated: Sep 29, 2014 11:56 AM PDT

According to Virginia State Police, Jesse Matthew, the man facing abduction with intent to defile charges in connection with the Hannah Graham case, has been linked to another high profile disappearance.

Police confirm that forensic evidence links Matthew to the Harrington case. Harrington, a Virginia Tech student at the time, was abducted and murdered in Charlottesville in 2009 after leaving a Metallica concert at John Paul Jones Arena.

DNA evidence was collected from the site where Harrington's remains were found on Anchorage Farm in Albemarle County three months after her disappearance. State police have said there is a link between Harrington's case and a 2005 Fairfax City sexual assault.  Police have not released whether Matthew is connected to the Fairfax case.

<snipped>

http://www.nbc29.com/story/26653942/vsp-forensic-evidence-links-jesse-matthew-to-harrington-case

Loving Natalee - Beth Holloway
Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #664 on: September 29, 2014, 03:14:29 PM »

THE CASSANDRA MORTON CASE

Cassandra Morton's remains were located in the vicinity of where Jesse Matthew played on Liberty University football team for three years.

Campbell County Remains Identified
Dec 03, 2009

Campbell County investigators say an autopsy has allowed them to identify the remains that were found in a shallow grave near Liberty University.

The body of 23-year-old Cassandra Morton was found on Candler's Mountain Sunday.

The discovery had garnered interest statewide because of the missing person case of 20-year-old Morgan Harrington, who disappeared from a concert in Charlottesville in October.

Morton was last seen October 10 downtown Lynchburg.

<snipped>

http://www.whsv.com/news/headlines/78257132.html

A POSSIBLE JESSE MATTHEW CONNECTION?

Jesse Matthew, U.Va. kidnap suspect, reportedly expelled from Liberty University in 2002 after alleged rape
September 25, 2014

In a statement, the university on Thursday said Matthew was as a student there from 2000 to 2002 and played on the school's football team. ....

In its statement, the university referenced a campus crime report log, which can be viewed here. The incident reportedly involving Matthew is said to be the one on the fourth page of the 2003-2005 report.

Separate university records show that the alleged rape occured October, 17, 2002 about 4:30 a.m. at the Vines Center on campus.

Liberty said the case was investigated by the Lynchburg Police Department and the results of that investigation were turned over to the local Commonwealth Attorney's Office.

Former teammates said that Matthew was not charged with any crime.

<snipped>

http://www.wjla.com/articles/2014/09/jesse-matthew-u-va-kidnap-suspect-expelled-from-liberty-university-in-2002-after-alleged-rape-107507.html

http://www.liberty.edu/index.cfm?PID=18240

When it is considered that Morgan Harrington's remains were located 6 1/2 miles from rural property where Jesse Matthew had a registered business connection ... could it be that Matthew had involvement in the Cassandra Morton case.  Morton's remains were found on the grounds of Liberty University where Jesse played football for three years prior to being expelled because of sexual assault allegations.

Janet

Cops Say Whoever Killed Morgan Harrington Knew Tricky Farm Area
Feb. 4, 2010

<snipped>

Anchorage Farm is in Albemarie County about 10 miles south of where Harrington was last seen a a Metallica concert.

Virginia State Police Lt. Joe Rader asked at a press conference today for people who live in the area to alert investigators to whoever was familiar with the roads and terrain there.

Rader said investigators believe the person or persons responsibile for Harrington's murder was familiar with the area on Anchorage Farm where the 20-year-old's body was found.

<snipped>

http://abcnews.go.com/US/morgan-harringtons-killer-knew-obstacles-farm-area/story?id=9749253

Company Information

DBA Jesse L Matthew Jr
2480 Ponderosa Trl
Charlottesville, Virginia 22903-7829
United States

http://companies.findthebest.com/l/24782991/Dba-Jesse-L-Matthew-Jr-in-Charlottesville-VA

H/T - Texasmom
https://www.google.com/maps/dir/2480+Ponderosa+Trail,+Charlottesville,+VA+22903/Anchorage+Farm+Rd/@37.9880316,-78.6210116,12z/data=!3m1!4b1!4m13!4m12!1m5!1m1!1s0x89b3847d40ca9549:0xc60cff57b85474e0!2m2!1d-78.5557989!2d37.968865!1m5!1m1!1s0x89b3825359292be1:0x66b1b0eb019c9afa!2m2!1d-78.6125319!2d37.9786118

Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
New Monkey
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #665 on: September 29, 2014, 03:23:52 PM »

I don't believe he only murdered someone every five years. There have to be others.
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #666 on: September 29, 2014, 03:30:40 PM »

September 29, 2014 Tweets
https://twitter.com/KLOVEREPORTER

Katie Love @KLOVEREPORTER  ·  1h
Same day #JesseMatthew was accused of sexually assaulting woman-October 17, 2002- is same day #MorganHarrington went missing 7 years later.

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
Green Eyes
Monkey Mega Star

Happy Spring

« Reply #667 on: September 29, 2014, 03:32:00 PM »

Like the rest of you I am shocked to hear the news that they have linked this POS to Morgan Harrington and maybe others. Although I/we believed he was the one. Prayers for all the family & friends of Hannah.   

Some times it seems justice moves to slow for us. But it looks like justice is coming for the families of Hannah, Morgan and maybe the others.

GOD BLESS AMERICA
cadillac
Monkey Junky

« Reply #668 on: September 29, 2014, 03:33:20 PM »

He lived under their noses for all these years.  Worked in the community.  Various jobs, including the hospital?

He began his shenanigans a long time ago - with the accusation from the college victim.

It's scarily unbelievable, folks.
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #669 on: September 29, 2014, 03:38:57 PM »

https://twitter.com/13MarcellaRob

Marcella Robertson ‏@13MarcellaRob  41m
UPDATE: Founders of #JesseMatthew legal fund have disabled it because of threats.@13NewsNow

Details

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

ARUBA: It's all about Natalee...we won't give up!

« Reply #670 on: September 29, 2014, 03:41:11 PM »

Well, now my last shred of hope to find Hannah alive has been destroyed.

However, I am so glad he is behind bars.

Hi Brandy - as you know, how Morgan Harrington was murdered was never revealed. I remember reading something to the effect of "extreme violence". Doubtful that Hannah is alive and the accused captured and no sign of her.

This is a death penalty case.

One other point - hard to believe Matthew escaped any police scrutiny all these years. Seems like everyone was aware of his abnormal behavior directed at women.

I remember reading that they were looking closely at several in the local community.  Have to wonder if he was ever one of them?  If his history at Liberty was known to LE, along with his resemblance to the sketch from the rape in Fairfax, he definitely should have been imo. 

Just think how many interactions he's had with police and the courts...how many sweaty cigarette butts or other specimens he's surely left behind.  Just wish they could have caught him before he crossed paths with Hannah.

I'm praying the searchers find Hannah soon.  I don't want him to have anything to bargain for his life with.

JMO

I stand with the girl, Natalee Holloway.

"I can look back over the past 10 years and there were no steps wasted, and there are no regrets,'' she said. "I did all I knew to do and I think that gives me greater peace now." "I've lived every parent's worst nightmare and I'm the parent that nobody wants to be," she said.

Beth Holloway, 2015 interview with Greta van Susteren
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #671 on: September 29, 2014, 03:44:53 PM »

Same day #JesseMatthew was accused of sexually assaulting woman-October 17, 2002- is same day #MorganHarrington went missing 7 years later.

Jesse Matthew, U.Va. kidnap suspect, reportedly expelled from Liberty University in 2002 after alleged rape
September 25, 2014

In a statement, the university on Thursday said Matthew was as a student there from 2000 to 2002 and played on the school's football team. ....

In its statement, the university referenced a campus crime report log, which can be viewed here. The incident reportedly involving Matthew is said to be the one on the fourth page of the 2003-2005 report.

Separate university records show that the alleged rape occured October, 17, 2002 about 4:30 a.m. at the Vines Center on campus.

Liberty said the case was investigated by the Lynchburg Police Department and the results of that investigation were turned over to the local Commonwealth Attorney's Office.

Former teammates said that Matthew was not charged with any crime.

<snipped>

http://www.wjla.com/articles/2014/09/jesse-matthew-u-va-kidnap-suspect-expelled-from-liberty-university-in-2002-after-alleged-rape-107507.html

http://www.liberty.edu/index.cfm?PID=18240

_____

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

ARUBA: It's all about Natalee...we won't give up!

« Reply #672 on: September 29, 2014, 03:45:32 PM »

I was just thinking earlier 2009 Morgan....2014 Hannah ... five years.

Natalee...

Stephany...

I stand with the girl, Natalee Holloway.

"I can look back over the past 10 years and there were no steps wasted, and there are no regrets,'' she said. "I did all I knew to do and I think that gives me greater peace now." "I've lived every parent's worst nightmare and I'm the parent that nobody wants to be," she said.

Beth Holloway, 2015 interview with Greta van Susteren
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #673 on: September 29, 2014, 03:54:14 PM »

The article below is dated July 2, 2010.  I wonder how many crimes is this man responsible for?!

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/story/2010/07/01/ST2010070106582.html?sid=ST2010070106582
DNA links Fairfax assault, Virginia Tech student's slaying, police say
By Maria Glod and Tom Jackman
Washington Post Staff Writer
Friday, July 2, 2010

A man who sexually assaulted a woman in Fairfax City in 2005 may be the same person who abducted and killed Virginia Tech student Morgan Harrington after an October rock concert in Charlottesville, police and law enforcement sources said Thursda
Virginia State Police said only that there is a forensic connection between the two unsolved cases, but the sources said DNA evidence links them.

That means police have a description and a composite sketch of a man they call a "person of interest" in the disappearance and death of Harrington, 20, who was last seen Oct. 17 outside a Metallica concert at the John Paul Jones Arena at the University of Virginia. Her body, the bones shattered, was found months later in a remote field of an Albemarle County farm about 10 miles from the arena.

Harrington's parents, Dan and Gil, said Thursday that they are convinced someone knows or recognizes the face of the man they think killed their daughter, an education major who wanted to be teacher. A $150,000 reward is being offered in the case.

"He's there. He's hiding in plain sight," Gil Harrington said. "This puts us closer to getting this obscenity off the street. He did not kill the woman in Fairfax. He did kill Morgan. I want to get him off the street for the next girl."

Police seeking the man's identity said they don't know where or how he came upon Harrington, but they are certain that he is the same person who attacked a woman who was walking home alone on Jermantown Road from a Fairfax City Giant on a Saturday night nearly five years ago.

It was about 10 p.m. Sept. 24, 2005, when the man grabbed the 26-year-old woman from behind and dragged her to a nearby pool outside the Oxford Row townhouses directly across the street from Lanier Middle School, police said. The man sexually assaulted the woman but took off running when a passerby came.

Sources said the woman strenuously fought her attacker, and police at the time said he might have had scratches on his face. The woman described the man as black and about 6 feet tall. He had a medium build, short hair, and a moustache and beard.

Officers said that his appearance might have changed in the past five years. "We're trying not only to identify him, but to determine what kind of contact he had with Morgan Harrington the night of her disappearance," Virginia State Police spokeswoman Corinne Geller said.

Harrington, a music buff, left her parents' home in Roanoke about noon the day of the concert and headed to Charlottesville with friends. When she left the group to go to the restroom, she ended up outside the arena and couldn't reenter because she didn't have a ticket stub, police said. Just before 9 p.m. she called a friend and said not to worry and that she'd find her way home.

Harrington was last seen about 9:30 p.m. walking alone on the Copeley Road railroad bridge near the arena. By that time she had a scratch on her face, but police think it was from a fall, not an attack. Her purse and cellphone were found the next day in a grassy lot used for overflow concert parking.

In November, Harrington's T-shirt -- black with the name of the rock band Pantera spelled in tan letters across the front -- was found on 15th Street near Grady Avenue in an area heavily populated by students and just east of fraternities along Rugby Road.
More...

Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #674 on: September 29, 2014, 03:55:21 PM »

VSP: Link found in Matthew arrest to Harrington case
September 29, 2014

Harrington disappeared Oct. 17, 2009. On Jan. 26, 2010, a farmer found her skeletal remains in a field off U.S. 29 in southern Albemarle County.

<snipped>

Police say they are aware of a sexual assault allegation made against Matthew while he was a student at Liberty University and member of its football team.

Liberty University officials declined to discuss why Matthew left the school in 2002, citing student privacy laws. They did acknowledge a sexual assault report was filed at 4:26 a.m. Oct. 17, 2002.

“Liberty University and the Liberty University Police Department fully cooperated with requests for information from law enforcement agencies in connection with this matter,” an email response from the school’s news office said. “Liberty University can also report that the Oct. 17, 2002 rape report was investigated by the Lynchburg Police Department. We understand the matter was also turned over to the local Commonwealth Attorney’s Office.”

Court records from Lynchburg show no charges were filed in the case. Lynchburg’s top prosecutor said authorities declined to file charges after the accuser decided not to proceed with the case.

<snipped>

http://www.dailyprogress.com/news/local/vsp-link-found-in-matthew-arrest-to-harrington-case/article_d85c612e-47f9-11e4-acca-001a4bcf6878.html

_____

New Monkey
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #675 on: September 29, 2014, 04:10:16 PM »

I think it will come out that his cabbie job helped him lure victims. 

Think of all the compromised women he had access to at the hospital.   
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #676 on: September 29, 2014, 04:14:17 PM »

I think it will come out that his cabbie job helped him lure victims. 

Think of all the compromised women he had access to at the hospital.   

_____

Brandi
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #677 on: September 29, 2014, 04:24:51 PM »

The article below is dated July 2, 2010.  I wonder how many crimes is this man responsible for?!

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/story/2010/07/01/ST2010070106582.html?sid=ST2010070106582
DNA links Fairfax assault, Virginia Tech student's slaying, police say
By Maria Glod and Tom Jackman
Washington Post Staff Writer
Friday, July 2, 2010

A man who sexually assaulted a woman in Fairfax City in 2005 may be the same person who abducted and killed Virginia Tech student Morgan Harrington after an October rock concert in Charlottesville, police and law enforcement sources said Thursda
Virginia State Police said only that there is a forensic connection between the two unsolved cases, but the sources said DNA evidence links them.

That means police have a description and a composite sketch of a man they call a "person of interest" in the disappearance and death of Harrington, 20, who was last seen Oct. 17 outside a Metallica concert at the John Paul Jones Arena at the University of Virginia. Her body, the bones shattered, was found months later in a remote field of an Albemarle County farm about 10 miles from the arena.

Harrington's parents, Dan and Gil, said Thursday that they are convinced someone knows or recognizes the face of the man they think killed their daughter, an education major who wanted to be teacher. A $150,000 reward is being offered in the case.

"He's there. He's hiding in plain sight," Gil Harrington said. "This puts us closer to getting this obscenity off the street. He did not kill the woman in Fairfax. He did kill Morgan. I want to get him off the street for the next girl."

Police seeking the man's identity said they don't know where or how he came upon Harrington, but they are certain that he is the same person who attacked a woman who was walking home alone on Jermantown Road from a Fairfax City Giant on a Saturday night nearly five years ago.

It was about 10 p.m. Sept. 24, 2005, when the man grabbed the 26-year-old woman from behind and dragged her to a nearby pool outside the Oxford Row townhouses directly across the street from Lanier Middle School, police said. The man sexually assaulted the woman but took off running when a passerby came.

Sources said the woman strenuously fought her attacker, and police at the time said he might have had scratches on his face. The woman described the man as black and about 6 feet tall. He had a medium build, short hair, and a moustache and beard.

Officers said that his appearance might have changed in the past five years. "We're trying not only to identify him, but to determine what kind of contact he had with Morgan Harrington the night of her disappearance," Virginia State Police spokeswoman Corinne Geller said.

Harrington, a music buff, left her parents' home in Roanoke about noon the day of the concert and headed to Charlottesville with friends. When she left the group to go to the restroom, she ended up outside the arena and couldn't reenter because she didn't have a ticket stub, police said. Just before 9 p.m. she called a friend and said not to worry and that she'd find her way home.

Harrington was last seen about 9:30 p.m. walking alone on the Copeley Road railroad bridge near the arena. By that time she had a scratch on her face, but police think it was from a fall, not an attack. Her purse and cellphone were found the next day in a grassy lot used for overflow concert parking.

In November, Harrington's T-shirt -- black with the name of the rock band Pantera spelled in tan letters across the front -- was found on 15th Street near Grady Avenue in an area heavily populated by students and just east of fraternities along Rugby Road.
More...

Morgan Harrington and the Fairfax 2005 attack: "a forensic connection between the two unsolved cases, but the sources said DNA evidence links them."

And now forensic connection between Morgan and Hannah's suspect.

Sounds like the Fairfax victim could be a valuable witness at Matthew's trial.

Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #678 on: September 29, 2014, 04:31:53 PM »

Akin to Morgan Harrington's parents ... Beth Holloway and Jug Twitty predicted that it was only a matter of time until the one who was behind the disappearance of Natalee would strike again.  They were right.  If only those who were protecting Joran van der Sloot from accountability ... a young lady name Stephany Flores would not have been denied her God-given right to life.

Who was protecting Jesse Matthew?  Did those close to him have suspicions?

Janet

+++++

The Writing was on the Wall

Monkeys Media Reminder … Beth Holloway & Peter R. DeVries on Dana Pretzer Show on Scared Monkeys Radio
February 13th, 2008

Beth Holloway:

47:50 - "I feel strongly that he (Joran) is a time bomb that is waiting to go off.  He will strike again.  It is not just for Natalee that I would like to see him behind bars.  I think he has shown us all he has no control over himself or his actions."

http://scaredmonkeysradio.com/2008/02/13/monkeys-media-reminder-beth-holloway-peter-r-devries-on-dana-pretzer-show-on-scared-monkeys-radio/

NANCY GRACE
Aired February 15, 2008 - 20:00:00   ET

<snipped>

JUG TWITTY, NATALEE HOLLOWAY`S STEPFATHER:  ... I`ll tell you what really made me sick today to be honest with you is to see his U.S. attorney, Joe Tacopina, whoever, who has been kind of hiding for the last week because he didn`t know what was going to happen all of a sudden come on and he`s all over the TV now. And he is just saying, you know, with a smirk on his face, which just it makes me sick ... I told you so, nothing was going to happen. When he knows Joran is a time bomb just waiting to blow up.

<snipped>

http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/0802/15/ng.01.html

ty
« Last Edit: September 29, 2014, 04:34:43 PM by klaasend » Logged

_____

Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #679 on: September 29, 2014, 04:33:04 PM »

SELF-EDIT

"close to me" s/b "close to him"

_____

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.