March 19, 2024, 04:37:33 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: UVA Coed Hannah Elizabeth Graham Missing Since 9/13/14 in Charlottesville, VA#1  (Read 619025 times)
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #700 on: September 29, 2014, 10:40:28 PM »

http://www.csmonitor.com/USA/Latest-News-Wires/2014/0929/Missing-University-of-Virginia-student-case-provides-lead-in-2009-murder-video
Missing University of Virginia student case provides lead in 2009 murder (+video)
The announcement of the new lead in the 2009 Morgan Harrington case came as authorities continue to search for British-born Hannah Graham, 18, who disappeared Sept. 13.
September 29, 2014

Matthew was a main suspect in a 2002 campus rape investigation while attending Liberty University in Lynchburg, Virginia, Mike Doucette, Lynchburg Commonwealth's attorney, said last week.

The woman told authorities she had not consented to sex, but decided not to pursue the case. No charges were filed against Matthew, he said. Matthew was a student at Liberty University from 2000 to 2002.

Charlottesville General District Court documents show that Matthew had previous arrests and had convictions for public intoxication and indecent exposure.

Matthew was returned from Texas late Friday after he was found on a beach near Galveston, Texas. He is being held without bond at the Charlottesville-Albemarle Regional Jail.

Matthew is expected to make his first court appearance on Thursday to face a charge of abduction with intent to defile.

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
Brandi
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #701 on: September 29, 2014, 11:36:11 PM »

http://www.csmonitor.com/USA/Latest-News-Wires/2014/0929/Missing-University-of-Virginia-student-case-provides-lead-in-2009-murder-video
Missing University of Virginia student case provides lead in 2009 murder (+video)
The announcement of the new lead in the 2009 Morgan Harrington case came as authorities continue to search for British-born Hannah Graham, 18, who disappeared Sept. 13.
September 29, 2014

Matthew was a main suspect in a 2002 campus rape investigation while attending Liberty University in Lynchburg, Virginia, Mike Doucette, Lynchburg Commonwealth's attorney, said last week.

The woman told authorities she had not consented to sex, but decided not to pursue the case. No charges were filed against Matthew, he said. Matthew was a student at Liberty University from 2000 to 2002.

Charlottesville General District Court documents show that Matthew had previous arrests and had convictions for public intoxication and indecent exposure.

Matthew was returned from Texas late Friday after he was found on a beach near Galveston, Texas. He is being held without bond at the Charlottesville-Albemarle Regional Jail.

Matthew is expected to make his first court appearance on Thursday to face a charge of abduction with intent to defile.

Again, someone not looking carefully at the Charlottesville court records. (I am referring to the author of this article.) All of the public swearing/intoxication charges and the indecent exposure charge were against his father.

His father has quite a history with the law in both Charlottesville and Albemarle.
The records can be found here: http://epwsgdp1.courts.state.va.us/gdcourts/caseSearch.do?index=index (Jr's birthdate is 12/14 *** and his father's is 5/30 ***)

Green Eyes
Monkey Mega Star

Happy Spring

« Reply #702 on: September 30, 2014, 12:54:06 AM »

Thank You Brandi

GOD BLESS AMERICA
darla
Monkey Junky

In Honor of my son Lt. Brandon W. Rollins LCSO.

« Reply #703 on: September 30, 2014, 05:07:51 AM »

September 29, 2014

Again, someone not looking carefully at the Charlottesville court records. (I am referring to the author of this article.) All of the public swearing/intoxication charges and the indecent exposure charge were against his father.

His father has quite a history with the law in both Charlottesville and Albemarle.
The records can be found here: http://epwsgdp1.courts.state.va.us/gdcourts/caseSearch.do?index=index (Jr's birthdate is 12/14 *** and his father's is 5/30 ***)

After a night of tossing and turning and thinking, I am wondering if maybe LJ 's dad could also be involved in some of these crimes. Just a thought, but Dad is not so squeaky clean himself.

You will never know that Faith in prayer is all you need,
until it is all you have left!
God Bless!
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #704 on: September 30, 2014, 08:40:43 AM »

September 29, 2014

Thank you for showing us this Brandi.  We don't need more misinformation and I don't want to be a part of spreading it.     What ever happened to journalists doing proper research and verifying facts before publishing?  And would the author go back and make a correction/retraction?  I'm finding many times they don't, and if they did, it's too late, and it gets printed and distributed and is already out there again and again.     Again, thank you for helping set the record straight Brandi.   

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #705 on: September 30, 2014, 08:44:33 AM »

September 29, 2014

After a night of tossing and turning and thinking, I am wondering if maybe LJ 's dad could also be involved in some of these crimes. Just a thought, but Dad is not so squeaky clean himself.

It would make sense to me LE has already been looking at LJ's family and friends to a certain extent, especially if to see if anyone helped him to Galveston etc. but they may possibly look even  closer at Dad now.

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #706 on: September 30, 2014, 08:52:45 AM »

One more thought on the article Brandi's sharp eyes and excellent memory caught as erroneous information,,,  The media source was The Christian Science Monitor, not some itty, bitty little rag. Here's how it describes itself on the web:

The Christian Science Monitor - CSMonitor.com
www.csmonitor.com/
The Christian Science Monitor
The Christian Science Monitor is an international news organization that delivers thoughtful, global coverage via its website, weekly magazine, daily news ...

Link to the article with erroneous information:
September 29, 2014

goodnmad
Monkey All Star Jr.

Good grief! It's Charlie Brown.

« Reply #707 on: September 30, 2014, 09:04:49 AM »

My empathy is with the family's of the victims. For JM -- sorry. No can do. 

I remember you, Caylee.
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

ARUBA: It's all about Natalee...we won't give up!

« Reply #708 on: September 30, 2014, 09:23:03 AM »

Video of interview at link

http://www.today.com/news/morgan-harringtons-parents-we-are-desperate-find-missing-uva-student-2D80184226

Morgan Harrington's parents: We are 'desperate' to find missing UVA student Hannah Graham
Eun Kyung Kim TODAY

1 hour ago

The parents of a young college student whose murder five years ago may be linked to the recent disappearance of University of Virginia student Hannah Graham said Tuesday they hope new breaks in both cases may prevent future tragedies involving young women in the area.

"We are desperate to find Hannah Graham so that her family has some answers," Gill Harrington told TODAY's Matt Lauer. She and her husband, Dan, lost their 20-year-old daughter after she disappeared following a 2009 concert on the University of Virginia campus.

The Harringtons also spoke to Matt about:

When they first thought the cases might be connected: "It really came to light to me about two weeks ago when I saw the picture of the sketch (of Matthew) .... at that point in time I said, 'Oh my gosh, I think it’s the same person,'" Dan Harrington said.

I stand with the girl, Natalee Holloway.

"I can look back over the past 10 years and there were no steps wasted, and there are no regrets,'' she said. "I did all I knew to do and I think that gives me greater peace now." "I've lived every parent's worst nightmare and I'm the parent that nobody wants to be," she said.

Beth Holloway, 2015 interview with Greta van Susteren
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

ARUBA: It's all about Natalee...we won't give up!

« Reply #709 on: September 30, 2014, 11:27:47 AM »

https://twitter.com/MariaHallas29/status/516976347756130304

Maria Hallas NBC29 ‏@MariaHallas29 3m3 minutes ago

Search teams cannot take off in helicopters to search for #HannahGraham because of fog.

8:42 AM - 30 Sep 2014

I stand with the girl, Natalee Holloway.

"I can look back over the past 10 years and there were no steps wasted, and there are no regrets,'' she said. "I did all I knew to do and I think that gives me greater peace now." "I've lived every parent's worst nightmare and I'm the parent that nobody wants to be," she said.

Beth Holloway, 2015 interview with Greta van Susteren
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #710 on: September 30, 2014, 12:11:01 PM »

September 30, 2014 Tweets
https://twitter.com/toddbstone

Todd Stone @toddbstone  ·  6h 6 hours ago
We have a greater expectation of privacy in contents of our cell phone than in our own #DNA. @CBS6 @RTDSchapiro @mattzap

#Va was first & now all states require DNA when convicted & now majority upon "arrest" including #Virginia @RTDSchapiro @CBS6

#Virginia was the first state in the US (1990) to require a DNA sample upon conviction & establish database @CBS6 @RTDSchapiro @MelissaCBS6

Todd Stone retweeted
 Jake Burns @JakeBurnsCBS6  ·  7h 7 hours ago
Wide range of reaction from C'Ville community on news that evidence links #JesseMatthew to #MorganHarrington case @CBS6 #BringHannahHome

Todd Stone @toddbstone  ·  8h 8 hours ago
#JesseMatthew not in DNA d-base before. Now they'll look for other cold hits
. #MorganHarringon #HannahGraham @CBS6 @MelissaCBS6 @ChelseaCBS6

cw618
Monkey Junky

« Reply #711 on: September 30, 2014, 01:20:32 PM »

September 29, 2014 Tweets
https://twitter.com/13MarcellaRob

Marcella Robertson ‏@13MarcellaRob  41m
UPDATE: Founders of #JesseMatthew legal fund have disabled it because of threats.@13NewsNow

Details

thats unnecessary,even though he is the bad guy, this is still america,and the bad guys
are entitled to counsel too, the folks doing the threatening must not realize now they
are bad guys, wonder what they would think, if they were prosecuted for the  threatening
and had to set up a fund site for counsel $, and then threatened
anyway now some fams may get some answers and justice, even though the wheels of
justice seem slow

goodmorn,goodnite, got to go, as always its been wonderful, talking with you, and most of all have a great day, and dont forget to smile
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #712 on: September 30, 2014, 01:27:01 PM »

Morgan Harrington's mom makes plea to Jesse Matthew: Please tell where Hannah Graham is
By The Associated Press September 30, 2014

CHARLOTTESVILLE, Va. (AP) - They both were walking alone, separated from their friends late at night on or near the University of Virginia campus. One was found dead nearly five years ago. The other is still missing.

<snipped>

Harrington's mother, Gil Harrington, issued an appeal to Matthew on Tuesday morning during an appearance on NBC's "Today" show.

"I would like to appeal to him to please give the family information where Hannah is. We need to find Hannah," she said.

She said police have not given her family any information that has not been publicly released.

Since their daughter was slain, Dan Harrington said the couple has worked to prevent crimes against young women by promoting personal safety.

"It is sad and we're sad that this has happened," he said, referring to Graham's disappearance.

He said Graham's case might help prevent future occurrences in Virginia.

<snipped>

http://www.wjla.com/articles/2014/09/morgan-harrington-s-mom-makes-plea-to-jesse-matthew-please-tell-where-hannah-graham-is-107643.html

Loving Natalee - Beth Holloway
Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
goodnmad
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #713 on: September 30, 2014, 01:51:35 PM »

Two off the streets -- RAT and JLM (hopefully for life). Sad to say there are more. Not could be more, but are. Who knows how many more predators in VA and in every state? So frightening. 

In looking at cases of missing women in Va, quite a few seem to point to a boyfriend or ex as the perp. Then there are the other cases where it is more likely a stranger abduction.

Junior needs to give it up. He's done. DNA does not lie. Tell them where Hannah is. Fess up to everything.   

I remember you, Caylee.
cw618
Monkey Junky

« Reply #714 on: September 30, 2014, 01:51:52 PM »

My empathy is with the family's of the victims. For JM -- sorry. No can do. 

goodmorn,goodnite, got to go, as always its been wonderful, talking with you, and most of all have a great day, and dont forget to smile
cw618
Monkey Junky

« Reply #715 on: September 30, 2014, 02:24:21 PM »

ya know after this amount of time, and JM not talking, im thinking it will
be a hunter that finds Hannah, looking at this map and the pdf for hunt regs
there is something to hunt all year long in that area

hunt reg pdf in link
http://www.dgif.virginia.gov/hunting/regulations/

area

Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #716 on: September 30, 2014, 02:47:38 PM »

Morgan Harrington's mom makes plea to Jesse Matthew: Please tell where Hannah Graham is
September 30, 2014

CHARLOTTESVILLE, Va. (AP) - They both were walking alone, separated from their friends late at night on or near the University of Virginia campus. One was found dead nearly five years ago. The other is still missing

<snipped>

http://www.wjla.com/articles/2014/09/morgan-harrington-s-mom-makes-plea-to-jesse-matthew-please-tell-where-hannah-graham-is-107643.html

Call to vigilance leads Natalee Holloway's mother's rally
August 26, 2014

Natalee Holloway disappeared in 2005 while she was on her senior trip in Aruba. Her mother, Beth Holloway, was one of many guests at the fourth annual Girls Night Out hosted by the Laura W. Bush Institute for Women’s Health.

Beth Holloway recounted the still emotional events following her daughter’s disappearance and reminded the attendees the same could happen to anyone at any time.

“No matter where you go, just don’t allow yourself to get into a situation where you’re no longer able to choose your free will,” Holloway said.

She recounted the morning Natalee left for Aruba and how excited she was. Holloway noted they had discussed possible safety issues prior to the trip.

<snipped>

She implored the young women to make a “full circle safety plan” wherever they went and stay with a group of people they could trust.

"When she was least able to defend herself, she was taken,” Holloway said.

"Everyone in here has important choices to make.”

It was in the moment her daughter let her guard down that she vanished, Holloway said.

“She was blind-sided. She never stood a chance,” Holloway said.

<snipped>

http://www.gosanangelo.com/news/local-news/caution-advised-in-tale-of-lost-daughter

Loving Natalee - Beth Holloway
Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
cw618
Monkey Junky

« Reply #717 on: September 30, 2014, 02:49:47 PM »

thought this was interesting, a 1996 Chrysler sedan, was JMs a 96 or 98, i dont remember
BBM

Cassandra Morton, Nov. 29, 2009

A hiker discovered the body of a missing Lynchburg woman in a wooded area off a hiking trial on Candlers Mountain near Camp Hydaway Road in Campbell County.

Investigators believe Cassandra Morton’s body had been there for more than a month.

Morton was initially reported missing from her Campbell Avenue home on Oct. 14.

Investigators impounded a 1996 Chrysler sedan they believe Morton was riding in after they found trace evidence on the driver’s side door.

Morton didn’t really have a set pattern or routine in her life so investigators had difficulty establishing what happened to her in the days before she disappeared.

Investigators have followed up on hundreds of tips but have not been able to make an arrest.
http://www.wsls.com/story/20847880/central-virginias-unsolved-homicides

goodnmad
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #718 on: September 30, 2014, 03:06:43 PM »

IIRC - JM drives a 1998 Chrysler Coupe. Interesting that the make and year was id'd but not whose car it was. Surely if they impounded it, they had a suspect. We just never know. It could be that LE "knows" who did it and hasn't been able to prove it.

I remember you, Caylee.
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #719 on: September 30, 2014, 03:45:41 PM »

https://twitter.com/NBC29
JUST IN: police tell @HenryGraff they are searching in Rt. 20 north area today because #JesseMatthew has known connections in that area.
8:28 AM - 30 Sep 2014
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.