March 19, 2024, 01:06:13 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: UVA Coed Hannah Elizabeth Graham Missing Since 9/13/14 in Charlottesville, VA#1  (Read 618991 times)
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

ARUBA: It's all about Natalee...we won't give up!

« Reply #720 on: September 30, 2014, 04:35:18 PM »

https://twitter.com/NBC29
JUST IN: police tell @HenryGraff they are searching in Rt. 20 north area today because #JesseMatthew has known connections in that area.
8:28 AM - 30 Sep 2014

http://www.roanoke.com/news/virginia/matthew-arrested-charged-in-hannah-graham-disappearance/article_031e891f-8a0e-5b84-aea7-229ea67dd169.html

At one point, officers quickly responded to Route 20 after a report that a car Matthew was believed to be driving was sighted near his grandmother’s home. Relatives there declined to comment.

I stand with the girl, Natalee Holloway.

"I can look back over the past 10 years and there were no steps wasted, and there are no regrets,'' she said. "I did all I knew to do and I think that gives me greater peace now." "I've lived every parent's worst nightmare and I'm the parent that nobody wants to be," she said.

Beth Holloway, 2015 interview with Greta van Susteren
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #721 on: September 30, 2014, 04:46:15 PM »

O/T TM - read....

http://scaredmonkeys.net/index.php?topic=15466.0
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #722 on: September 30, 2014, 04:52:51 PM »

http://www.timesdispatch.com/news/state-regional/police-uva-suspect-now-linked-to-crimes/article_1b9062b2-48e3-11e4-8018-001a4bcf6878.html

Police: UVa suspect now linked to 4 crimes

Posted: Tuesday, September 30, 2014 4:48 pm

Associated Press |

CHARLOTTESVILLE - Jesse L. Matthew Jr. has been now been linked to unresolved crimes involving four women:

- Hannah Graham, 18. Matthew is being held on a charge of abducting with intent to sexually molest this University of Virginia student, who disappeared early Sept. 13, after witnesses saw them walking off together in downtown Charlottesville.

- Morgan Harrington, 20. Police said Matthew's arrest in the Graham case provided a "forensic link" that represents a "significant break" in slaying of the Virginia Tech student, whose body was found three months after she disappeared at a Metallica concert on the Charlottesville campus in 2009.

- Unidentified 26-year-old woman. The FBI said in 2012 that DNA evidence matches Harrington's killer with the rapist of a woman who was grabbed from behind while walking home from a grocery store in northern Virginia in 2005. The man fled when he was startled by a passerby, police said.

- Unidentified university student. Matthew was accused of raping a fellow student at Liberty University, where he played as a defensive lineman on the football team from 2000 to 2002. The charge was dropped when the person declined to move forward with the prosecution.
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #723 on: September 30, 2014, 05:07:48 PM »

http://www.timesdispatch.com/news/state-regional/police-uva-suspect-now-linked-to-crimes/article_1b9062b2-48e3-11e4-8018-001a4bcf6878.html

Police: UVa suspect now linked to 4 crimes

Posted: Tuesday, September 30, 2014 4:48 pm

Associated Press |

CHARLOTTESVILLE - Jesse L. Matthew Jr. has been now been linked to unresolved crimes involving four women:

- Hannah Graham, 18. Matthew is being held on a charge of abducting with intent to sexually molest this University of Virginia student, who disappeared early Sept. 13, after witnesses saw them walking off together in downtown Charlottesville.

- Morgan Harrington, 20. Police said Matthew's arrest in the Graham case provided a "forensic link" that represents a "significant break" in slaying of the Virginia Tech student, whose body was found three months after she disappeared at a Metallica concert on the Charlottesville campus in 2009.

- Unidentified 26-year-old woman. The FBI said in 2012 that DNA evidence matches Harrington's killer with the rapist of a woman who was grabbed from behind while walking home from a grocery store in northern Virginia in 2005. The man fled when he was startled by a passerby, police said.

- Unidentified university student. Matthew was accused of raping a fellow student at Liberty University, where he played as a defensive lineman on the football team from 2000 to 2002. The charge was dropped when the person declined to move forward with the prosecution.

Could it be that Jesse Matthew connection to these four young women implies there will be a plea deal that will take the death penalty off the table in exchange for information leading to the recovery of Hannah Graham?

Janet

Loving Natalee - Beth Holloway
Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #724 on: September 30, 2014, 05:15:22 PM »

THE CASSANDRA MORTON CASE

Cassandra Morton's remains were located in the vicinity of where Jesse Matthew played on Liberty University football team for three years.

Campbell County Remains Identified
Dec 03, 2009

Campbell County investigators say an autopsy has allowed them to identify the remains that were found in a shallow grave near Liberty University.

The body of 23-year-old Cassandra Morton was found on Candler's Mountain Sunday.

The discovery had garnered interest statewide because of the missing person case of 20-year-old Morgan Harrington, who disappeared from a concert in Charlottesville in October.

Morton was last seen October 10 downtown Lynchburg.

<snipped>

http://www.whsv.com/news/headlines/78257132.html

A POSSIBLE JESSE MATTHEW CONNECTION?

Jesse Matthew, U.Va. kidnap suspect, reportedly expelled from Liberty University in 2002 after alleged rape
September 25, 2014

In a statement, the university on Thursday said Matthew was as a student there from 2000 to 2002 and played on the school's football team. ....

In its statement, the university referenced a campus crime report log, which can be viewed here. The incident reportedly involving Matthew is said to be the one on the fourth page of the 2003-2005 report.

Separate university records show that the alleged rape occured October, 17, 2002 about 4:30 a.m. at the Vines Center on campus.

Liberty said the case was investigated by the Lynchburg Police Department and the results of that investigation were turned over to the local Commonwealth Attorney's Office.

Former teammates said that Matthew was not charged with any crime.

<snipped>

http://www.wjla.com/articles/2014/09/jesse-matthew-u-va-kidnap-suspect-expelled-from-liberty-university-in-2002-after-alleged-rape-107507.html

http://www.liberty.edu/index.cfm?PID=18240

Could it be evidence will reveal that Jesse Matthew was involved with the death of Cassandra Morton?

Janet

Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #725 on: September 30, 2014, 05:34:36 PM »

http://www.newsplex.com/home/headlines/Lawyer-for-Jesse-Matthew-Police-Holding-Evidence-in-Case-277624092.html

Lawyer for Jesse Matthew: Police Holding Evidence in Case
Sept. 30, 2014

The lawyer for Jesse Leroy "LJ" Matthew Jr., who is charged in a University of Virginia student's disappearance, says police haven't told him what evidence they have against his client in that case or another young woman's disappearance and death.

Attorney James Camblos said he met with Matthew for almost three hours Tuesday but still doesn't know what police have on him.

Investigators have collected evidence from Matthew's apartment at Hessian Hills Way, and searched two cars driven by him.

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #726 on: September 30, 2014, 05:44:05 PM »

Thanks Klaas.   

"I can look back over the past 10 years and there were no steps wasted, and there are no regrets,'' she said. "I did all I knew to do and I think that gives me greater peace now." "I've lived every parent's worst nightmare and I'm the parent that nobody wants to be," she said.

grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #727 on: September 30, 2014, 05:52:47 PM »

http://www.wset.com/story/26669474/classmate-of-jesse-matthews-speaks-out

Classmate of Jesse Matthew's Speaks Out
Posted: Sep 30, 2014 4:26 PM CDT

Lynchburg, VA- "I would help him with his school work, we'd eat breakfast in the mornings before going to our first class, I knew then that he, I was honestly shocked that he was able to attend college." That's a quote from a Lynchburg woman, who did not want to be identified, talking about the time she spent in college with Jesse Matthew.

Matthew is charged with abducting UVA student Hannah Graham. Matthew's lawyer James Camblos spoke Tuesday, saying Charlottesville Police haven't told him what evidence they have against him. He says he met with Matthew for about two and a half hours Tuesday. State Police said yesterday Matthew's arrest provided a forensic link to the death of Morgan Harrington, who disappeared in Charlottesville in 2009.

We sat down with a former Liberty University classmate of Matthew's Tuesday, and she says she just doesn't see how Jesse Matthew could commit any sort of violent crime.

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #728 on: September 30, 2014, 06:06:24 PM »

http://www.cnn.com/2014/09/30/justice/virginia-missing-women/index.html?hpt=hp_t2

DNA links suspect in Hannah Graham case to 2 missing Virginia women
By Mariano Castillo and Eliott C. McLaughlin, CNN
updated 4:27 PM EDT, Tue September 30, 2014

(CNN) -- DNA evidence links Jesse Matthew, a suspect in this month's disappearance of University of Virginia student Hannah Graham, to the death of Virginia Tech student Morgan Harrington, who disappeared in 2009, a law enforcement source told CNN Monday.

Virginia State Police had said earlier that the two cases were connected by a "forensic link" but did not elaborate. Almost from the start, speculation was raised about the possibility of a connection between Graham's disappearance and Harrington's death.

"Certainly the question has arisen. It's certainly a legitimate question," Charlottesville Police Chief Timothy Longo told reporters last week.

In a statement, James L. Camblos III, Matthew's lawyer, said he met with his client for 2½ hours Monday but declined further comment.

"Because everything is under seal, I have not been provided with any evidence that links him to either of these cases," he said, referring to Graham and Harrington.

Matthew will have a bond hearing on Thursday.

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #729 on: September 30, 2014, 06:19:39 PM »

JM's address is listed as Keswick, Va. on one of his court records in Albemarle General District Court from Sept 2012

https://www.facebook.com/FindHannahGraham/posts/717961251607459

De Breuninger‎ posted to Help Find Hannah Graham
7 hrs ·

They should look in Keswick off of Black Cat road, specifically between Black Cat Rd and Deer Bonn Rd. There is property behind 4590 Deer Bonn that I think should be searched. He used to live off Black Cat Rd. I've already emailed this along with the Google Map screen shot, but haven't heard anything back. I know that they are being overwhelmed with info so not sure how long before they will get this tip.

Aimée Seboria That property looks creepy!
1 hr

De Breuninger I drove through there twice this weekend and can see how someone would be able to drive back into the area behind that property at the end of Deer Bonn easily. JLM's and his sister lived right by Deer Bonn and Black Cat, so this is an area he would be very familiar with.
1 hr

Brandi
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #730 on: September 30, 2014, 06:54:32 PM »

http://www.wset.com/story/26669474/classmate-of-jesse-matthews-speaks-out

Classmate of Jesse Matthew's Speaks Out
Posted: Sep 30, 2014 4:26 PM CDT

Lynchburg, VA- "I would help him with his school work, we'd eat breakfast in the mornings before going to our first class, I knew then that he, I was honestly shocked that he was able to attend college." That's a quote from a Lynchburg woman, who did not want to be identified, talking about the time she spent in college with Jesse Matthew.

Matthew is charged with abducting UVA student Hannah Graham. Matthew's lawyer James Camblos spoke Tuesday, saying Charlottesville Police haven't told him what evidence they have against him. He says he met with Matthew for about two and a half hours Tuesday. State Police said yesterday Matthew's arrest provided a forensic link to the death of Morgan Harrington, who disappeared in Charlottesville in 2009.

We sat down with a former Liberty University classmate of Matthew's Tuesday, and she says she just doesn't see how Jesse Matthew could commit any sort of violent crime.

More from this article above:

She describes Jesse Matthew, or "LJ" as a big teddy bear. She says he was always nice, respectful, and fun to hang out with. She hasn't seen or spoken to Matthew since she says he suddenly left LU in 2002. But she does say he's someone who could fall under the wrong influence just because he doesn't know any better.

"My concern for him is that he's incompetent to stand trial, to go through this, and like I've said, I'd hate for someone to be thrown under the bus, or for their lives to be ruined if this wasn't the case. Or if he you know, since it doesn't look good for him with the evidence, if he's working in connection with someone else or he's the middle man, to do what's right."

During their years together at LU, she says she helped him with his class work and it was then she realized his intelligence level was not up to par.

"When I was looking over his work, it was truly at the age of Grammar school. It was see spot run, with handwriting to match."

That's one of the reasons this woman says she'd be shocked if he committed these crimes. She says she doesn't want people to jump to judgment.

"It was almost as if you were going to school with a little kid, but he was a sweet kid, and he was fun to be around, but maybe that was only one side I saw."

Makes me wonder about him acting with someone. Like he did not commit these crimes by himself.

I know that has been brought up in this thread.

Just a thought.

klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #731 on: September 30, 2014, 07:23:55 PM »

If he has been working as an Operating Room Assistant, he's not as dumb as some people would like to portray him as. 
Brandi
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #732 on: September 30, 2014, 07:39:34 PM »

If he has been working as an Operating Room Assistant, he's not as dumb as some people would like to portray him as. 

I dunno .. how much intelligence does it take to take orders, like move this gurney over into the corner, clean off that light, mop that up ... etc.

I just have a gut feeling he did not act alone and he is not very intelligent.

JMO.

theboyzmom
Monkey Junky

Brandi is making sure I get around!

« Reply #733 on: September 30, 2014, 08:28:21 PM »

I may have missed this - but since he was accused of rape and kicked out of school, why was there no DNA on file - I do not think he was convicted but he had to have some type of run in with the law for DNA testing at SOME point. Guys like this do not just fly under the radar.

We can never be sure that the opinion we are endeavoring to stifle is a false opinion; and if we were sure, stifling it would be an evil still. - John Stuart Mill On Liberty, 1859
- George Bernard Shaw
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #734 on: September 30, 2014, 08:31:28 PM »

He was accused of rape in 2002, acted alone.  Known to the victim, accused of the crime, kicked off of the football team and expelled from school.

He's connected by DNA to a rape in 2005, acted alone.  Attacks a stranger.  Victim survives, reports to police, and a sketch is drawn.

I've wondered about others being involved too.  But when I think about the known cases connected to him before Morgan and Hannah, he acted alone.

It doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure out that if the victim doesn't talk, you don't get in trouble, so I think it's possible he progressed to murder to prevent or at least delay detection of the crime.

I've wondered if his dad may have driven a cab too, because I'm wondering when and exactly why he went into that line of work?  It wouldn't be as suspect imo if dad helped get him on where he worked after all his issues with college.  Maybe someone else helped him out, but I wonder about his dad because of all of the traffic citations.  If JM chose the profession on his own, I think it could have possibly been for exposure to more victims.

JMO

Still curious about the live-in girlfriend that his grandmother mentioned...what happened with her?

Jean Casarez was on one of the CNN shows tonight and said JM's roommates are cooperating with police.

Brandi
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #735 on: September 30, 2014, 08:40:43 PM »

My personal theory of his not acting alone in some instances is subject to change, just something I am mulling about.

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #736 on: September 30, 2014, 08:52:17 PM »

My personal theory of his not acting alone in some instances is subject to change, just something I am mulling about.

It will be interesting to see if he acted alone or not. 

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #737 on: September 30, 2014, 08:54:12 PM »

I don't think he's all that bright but I think he has emotions like an animal.  He cannot control his urges.  You don't need to be book smart to kidnap, rape and murder someone half your size, especially if you come across like a soft spoken teddy bear.
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #738 on: September 30, 2014, 08:55:57 PM »

I may have missed this - but since he was accused of rape and kicked out of school, why was there no DNA on file - I do not think he was convicted but he had to have some type of run in with the law for DNA testing at SOME point. Guys like this do not just fly under the radar.

BBM above, I've wondered about that too.  No charges were ever filed in the 2002 rape, but I remember looking at the records for his arrest for the assault/grand larceny charges later in 2009 iirc.  Again iirc, that was months before Morgan's murder.  I think he was arrested for the trespassing charge too (2010?).  Really sad the law wasn't in place THEN for them to take DNA when you're arrested there. 

Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #739 on: September 30, 2014, 09:30:09 PM »

THE CASSANDRA MORTON CASE

Cassandra Morton's remains were located in the vicinity of where Jesse Matthew played on the Liberty University football team for three years.

Campbell County Remains Identified
Dec 03, 2009

Campbell County investigators say an autopsy has allowed them to identify the remains that were found in a shallow grave near Liberty University.

The body of 23-year-old Cassandra Morton was found on Candler's Mountain Sunday.

The discovery had garnered interest statewide because of the missing person case of 20-year-old Morgan Harrington, who disappeared from a concert in Charlottesville in October.

Morton was last seen October 10 downtown Lynchburg.

<snipped>

http://www.whsv.com/news/headlines/78257132.html

A POSSIBLE JESSE MATTHEW CONNECTION?

Jesse Matthew, U.Va. kidnap suspect, reportedly expelled from Liberty University in 2002 after alleged rape
September 25, 2014

In a statement, the university on Thursday said Matthew was as a student there from 2000 to 2002 and played on the school's football team. ....

In its statement, the university referenced a campus crime report log, which can be viewed here. The incident reportedly involving Matthew is said to be the one on the fourth page of the 2003-2005 report.

Separate university records show that the alleged rape occured October, 17, 2002 about 4:30 a.m. at the Vines Center on campus.

Liberty said the case was investigated by the Lynchburg Police Department and the results of that investigation were turned over to the local Commonwealth Attorney's Office.

Former teammates said that Matthew was not charged with any crime.

<snipped>

http://www.wjla.com/articles/2014/09/jesse-matthew-u-va-kidnap-suspect-expelled-from-liberty-university-in-2002-after-alleged-rape-107507.html

http://www.liberty.edu/index.cfm?PID=18240

Could it be evidence will reveal that Jesse Matthew was involved with the death of Cassandra Morton?

Janet

Jesse Matthew arrest prompts renewed look at 2009 Cassandra Morton murder
September 30, 2014

LYNCHBURG, Va. (ABC/AP) - The Campbell County Sheriff's office said Tuesday it is investigating a possible link between Jesse Matthew Jr. and Cassandra Morton.

Morton disappeared in October, 2009. Her body was discovered a few weeks later in a shallow grave on Candlers Mountain.

The Campbell County Sheriff's Office and Lynchburg Police have been looking for her killer ever since. Investigators said their leads have gone cold.

<snipped>

http://www.wjla.com/articles/2014/09/jesse-matthew-arrest-prompts-renewed-look-at-2009-cassandra-morton-murder-107656.html

_____

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.