March 19, 2024, 01:59:20 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: UVA Coed Hannah Elizabeth Graham Missing Since 9/13/14 in Charlottesville, VA#1  (Read 618994 times)
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

ARUBA: It's all about Natalee...we won't give up!

« Reply #760 on: October 01, 2014, 02:22:44 PM »

https://www.facebook.com/ParkSlaybaugh/posts/519182941560066

Parker Slaybaugh 8News
11 mins ·

The Hannah Graham search has extended into Nelson County. I am told investigative leads have lead crews to land in Nelson. Working to get more info.

I stand with the girl, Natalee Holloway.

"I can look back over the past 10 years and there were no steps wasted, and there are no regrets,'' she said. "I did all I knew to do and I think that gives me greater peace now." "I've lived every parent's worst nightmare and I'm the parent that nobody wants to be," she said.

Beth Holloway, 2015 interview with Greta van Susteren
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #761 on: October 01, 2014, 02:26:33 PM »

It has been reported that investigative Jesse Matthew dots are being connected in the ...

1.  Hannah Graham Case
2.  Morgan Harrington Case
3.  Fairfax rape case
4.  Cassandra Morton case

Could it be that the Heidi Childs and David Metzler cases also have a connection to Jesse Matthew?

Court records: Jesse Matthew allegedly punched driver twice, then drove man to hospital
OCTOBER 1, 2014

<snipped>

August 2009: Two Virginia Tech students killed

In August 2009, Heidi Childs and her boyfriend of four years, David Metzler, were shot dead with a rifle in a national park about 10 miles from the Virginia Tech campus in Blacksburg.

Three years later, authorities in Montgomery County, Virginia, announced they had DNA evidence in the case. They didn’t say how the DNA was obtained.

“We have DNA, we are aggressively and actively pursuing you,” Sheriff Tommy Whitt said, according to CNN affiliate WJLA. “We will not rest until you are apprehended.”

Whitt said that Childs’ purse, cell phone, credit card, digital camera and Virginia Tech ID were stolen.

The Washington Post reported at the time of the killings that Childs’ body was outside the car, while Metzler was inside the vehicle.

Sheriff’s Capt. Robert New confirmed Tuesday to CNN’s Jean Casarez that “they are following this case (of Jesse Matthew) closely” to see whether it is connected to the killing of Childs, 18, and Metzler, 19.

The area is two hours from Charlottesville and 90 minutes from Liberty University in Lynchburg, where Matthew once attended college more than dozen years ago.

<snipped>

http://wtkr.com/2014/10/01/court-records-jesse-matthew-allegedly-punched-driver-twice-then-drove-man-to-hospital/

Loving Natalee - Beth Holloway
Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #762 on: October 01, 2014, 02:36:14 PM »

http://www.wric.com/story/26673624/a-closer-look-at-jesse-matthews-past
A Closer Look at Jesse Matthew's Past
Posted: Oct 01, 2014 5:23 AM CDT
Updated: Oct 01, 2014 5:23 AM CDT

As the search for missing University of Virginia student Hannah Graham continues, we're learning more about the suspect charged with her abduction.

Piecing together information gives us a clearer picture of where and what Jesse L. Matthew, Jr. has been doing since 2002. That's when Liberty University expelled Matthew in 2002 after a sexual assault on campus. The Lynchburg Commonwealth's Attorney confirms Matthew was a suspect, but they did not have any forensic evidence or eyewitnesses. No charges were ever filed.

Several months later, Matthew transferred to Christopher Newport University. The school issued a statement yesterday confirming he was a member of the football team for about a month.

The statement said that students don't normally leave in the second month of the semester, or leave the football team within a month.

The university added that campus police did have some sort of investigation open at some point that did involve Matthew while he was there, but school officials could not explain why.

"Christopher Newport University has determined that there is a single file responsive to your inquiry regarding infractions against Matthew issued by University Police," the statement read.

Due to federal privacy laws, the school said it will not release any more information about the subject.
Four years later, Matthew is back in Charlottesville, driving a cab and more recently, coaching high school football and working at the UVa. Medical Center.

He's since been fired from the school and suspended without pay from his job at the hospital.

This information comes amongst an announcement from police, saying Jesse Matthew's

It's been more than two weeks since 18-year-old Hannah was seen and authorities are still stressing the importance of the focus on searching for her.

Yesterday, Randolph Macon held a vigil for Hannah.

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #763 on: October 01, 2014, 02:40:54 PM »

October 1, 2014 Tweets
https://twitter.com/HenryGraff

Henry Graff retweeted
 NBC29 @NBC29  ·  11m 11 minutes ago
JUST IN: @HenryGraff reports #JesseMatthew will have preliminary hearing December 4 at 2 PM. Bond is not requested.

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #764 on: October 01, 2014, 04:47:43 PM »

Jesse Matthew's attorney won't ask for him to be released on bond
Oct 01, 2014

Matthew's attorney, Jim Camblos, confirmed Wednesday that he will not ask for Matthew to be released on bond.

Matthew is scheduled for a court hearing at 9 a.m. Thursday morning on two reckless driving charges. He is expected to appear via video conference at Albemarle County General District Court in Charlottesville.

A hearing on the abduction charge in Charlottesville court will be canceled. Matthew is charged with abduction with intent to defile for the disappearance of Hannah Graham. Matthew’s preliminary hearing for the abduction charge is scheduled for December 4.

<snipped>

http://www.wdbj7.com/news/local/jesse-matthews-attorney-wont-ask-for-bond-at-thursday-hearing/28352766

I wonder if Jesse is again going to complain to the judge about the prison clothes he is forced to wear and the mattress he is forced to sleep on.  Something is so very wrong with this guy's thought process.

Janet

++++

Jesse Matthew - September 26, 2014

"Sir, I have a question for you.  Like, they took all my clothes and they got me sleeping on a hard thing. I should be able to have some kind of clothes."

http://www.chron.com/neighborhood/bayarea/crime-courts/article/Suspect-in-missing-UVA-student-s-abduction-5778791.php

Loving Natalee - Beth Holloway
Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #765 on: October 01, 2014, 06:08:56 PM »

http://www.dailyprogress.com/news/police-harrington-graham-cases-linked/article_583710e8-484e-11e4-b26d-0017a43b2370.html

Police: Harrington, Graham cases linked

Posted: Monday, September 29, 2014 11:03 pm | Updated: 10:19 am, Wed Oct 1, 2014.

By Bryan McKenzie, K Burnell Evans, Dean Seal, and Dani Kass

Evidence uncovered in the case of Hannah Graham has triggered “a significant break” in an-other case that has haunted Charlottesville for five years, state police said Monday.

The arrest of Jesse Leroy Matthew Jr. last week on a charge he abducted Graham provided “a forensic link” to the death of Morgan Harrington, the 20-year-old Virginia Tech student who went missing from outside John Paul Jones Arena on Oct. 17, 2009, state police said.

Her remains were discovered several months later, in January 2010 in an Albemarle County field. A forensic profile submitted by state authorities in the Harrington case matched the DNA profile of a man who sexually assaulted a woman in Fairfax City on Sept. 24, 2005, the FBI has said. However, authorities could not link that DNA profile to an identifiable suspect.

The Richmond Times-Dispatch reported that a law enforcement source said authorities had obtained DNA evidence that links Matthew to Harrington. Matthew has not been charged in the Harrington case.

City of Fairfax police said they would follow up with prosecutors and police. In the 2005 case, the attacker grabbed a 26-year-old woman as she walked home from a grocery store, dragged her to a wooded area and sexually assaulted her, fleeing when passersby approached, according to police.

Word of the break in their daughter’s case heartened Dan and Gil Harrington.

“We’re relieved that justice for Morgan may be coming,” Dan Harrington told The Roanoke Times. He declined to elaborate on what the Harringtons have been told by police, saying “I think the focus needs to be on trying to find Hannah Graham.”

Friends and coworkers have said Matthew’s arrest is a shocking turn of events for the former football standout and wrestling champion at Monticello High School who stands at 6 feet, three inches tall and weighs 270 pounds.  The Matthew they know is outgoing, personable and goes out of his way to help others, they said.

“L.J.,” as he is known to friends, worked in patient care at the University of Virginia Medical Center and volunteered to help coach football at the Covenant School. He’s been suspended from both positions.

As investigators seized on Harrington’s case with renewed vigor Monday, search crews planned to comb a wooded area behind the yellow vinyl-sided home on Ponderosa Trail that Matthew once shared with his mother.

It was at least the third trip neighbors remembered authorities making to the winding path off Old Lynchburg Road just south of the Rivanna Rifle and Pistol Club.

“I didn’t wait for them to come. I checked my property last Monday,” said Cliff Hunt, who lives around the bend from Matthew’s former home.

Search crews who walked his land Saturday with a tracking dog likewise found nothing.

Neighbors said Matthew’s mother moved him to the country to keep him out of trouble. He did not cause any in the several years he lived there, they said.

A staffer at the Trading Post, a convenience store on Monacan Trail Road less than two miles from where Harrington’s remains were found at Anchorage Farm, said patrons had seen Matthew in the store after Graham disappeared. The store’s owner could not confirm whether Matthew had been sighted in the store recently.

The farm was searched after Graham’s disappearance, police have said. The owners of the farm could not be reached for comment Monday.

Matthew was accused of raping a woman at Liberty University on Oct. 17, 2002, shortly before leaving the school, officials said. A spokeswoman said privacy restrictions prohibited them from discussing Matthew’s departure.

The accuser chose not to move forward with the case, and prosecutors opted not to file charges, said Lynchburg Commonwealth’s Attorney Michael Doucette. Authorities did not obtain DNA in that case, he said. Investigators working the Graham case have said they are aware of the incident at Liberty and school officials have said they are cooperating with authorities.

Matthew enrolled at Christopher Newport University in January 2003 and became a member of the football team, but left the squad a month after joining it, on Sept. 12 of that year, and left school several weeks later. School officials declined to provide further details, but said it is unusual for players to leave after just a month with the team and to leave school such a short time into a semester.

Christopher Newport’s police department has been in touch with state authorities about Matthew, said campus police Chief Andrew Engemann, who would not elaborate.

“We have been asked not to release any information that could jeopardize their investigation,” Engemann said.

"I can look back over the past 10 years and there were no steps wasted, and there are no regrets,'' she said. "I did all I knew to do and I think that gives me greater peace now." "I've lived every parent's worst nightmare and I'm the parent that nobody wants to be," she said.

cw618
Monkey Junky

« Reply #766 on: October 01, 2014, 06:10:26 PM »

some info and background on JM lawyer

Veteran prosecutor Camblos returns to private practice
Posted: Sunday, January 12, 2014 5:08 pm | Updated: 5:15 pm, Sun Jan 12, 2014.
BY BOB STUART The (Waynesboro) News Virginian
http://www.dailyprogress.com/news/local/veteran-prosecutor-camblos-returns-to-private-practice/article_1870ae78-7bd6-11e3-b68b-001a4bcf6878.html

COVER- Unapologetic: Prosecutor defends record while critics take aim
By LISA PROVENCE | LISA@READTHEHOOK.COM
Published online 8:00am Thursday Sep 20th, 2007
and in print issue #0638 dated Thursday Sep 20th, 2007
http://www.readthehook.com/81185/cover-unapologetic-prosecutor-defends-record-while-critics-take-aim

Why Jim Camblos Must Not Be Reelected
Published by Waldo Jaquith on November 5, 2007 in Politics. 36 Comments
http://cvillenews.com/2007/11/05/vote-against-camblos/

goodmorn,goodnite, got to go, as always its been wonderful, talking with you, and most of all have a great day, and dont forget to smile
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #767 on: October 01, 2014, 06:20:16 PM »

http://www.dailyprogress.com/news/police-harrington-graham-cases-linked/article_583710e8-484e-11e4-b26d-0017a43b2370.html

Neighbors said Matthew’s mother moved him to the country to keep him out of trouble. He did not cause any in the several years he lived there, they said.

That they know of...   

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #768 on: October 01, 2014, 06:25:40 PM »

https://www.facebook.com/ParkSlaybaugh/posts/519207954890898

Parker Slaybaugh 8News
2 hours ago
I just spoke with the Nelson County Clerks office, they tell me search warrants here in Nelson regarding Hannah Graham have been sealed by court order and even the court order has been sealed.

cw618
Monkey Junky

« Reply #769 on: October 01, 2014, 07:21:39 PM »

the more the media dig into JM history, it seems eveywhere JM has been
there is a accusation of sex assault

Jesse Matthew Accused of Sexual Assault During Time At Christopher Newport University
Posted: Oct 01, 2014 6:46 PM EDT
Updated: Oct 01, 2014 6:46 PM EDT
By WRIC Newsroom - email

Newport News, Va. (WRIC) - - As the search for missing University of Virginia student Hannah Graham continues in the Charlottesville area, more information has been revealed about the suspect being held in connection to the case.

Christopher-Newport University and CNUPD officials confirmed that Jesse Leroy Matthew, Jr. was accused of committing sexual assault on  campus in September of 2003.

The university also confirms that Matthew was a student at the university from January 2003 through October 15, 2003. In addition, Matthew was a member of the school's football team from August 14 to September 12, 2003.
http://www.wric.com/story/26681955/jesse-matthew-accused-of-sexual-assault-during-time-at-christopher-newport-university

goodmorn,goodnite, got to go, as always its been wonderful, talking with you, and most of all have a great day, and dont forget to smile
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #770 on: October 01, 2014, 08:29:15 PM »

How many more are there?   

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #771 on: October 01, 2014, 08:47:30 PM »

http://www.cnn.com/2014/10/01/us/virginia-hannah-graham/index.html?hpt=hp_t2

Drone used in search for missing U. of Virginia student Hannah Graham
By Athena Jones, Mike Ahlers and Chelsea J. Carter, CNN
updated 7:56 PM EDT, Wed October 1, 2014

Charlottesville, Virginia (CNN) -- The search for missing University of Virginia student Hannah Graham now includes the use of an aerial drone -- the first time, according to authorities, one has been used in the search for a missing person in the state.

The addition of the drone to the seach effort comes more than two weeks after Graham disappeared from an area of Charlottesville known as the Downtown Mall.

The drone has a high-quality camera, and it will "look closer" at objects of interest, said John Coggin, chief engineer of the Mid-Atlantic Aviation Partnership and one of the members of the team operating the drone.

As the drone worked from overhead Wednesday, more than 50 law enforcement personnel participated in the search in Fairfax County.

As part of the search effort, police have asked owners of large parcels of property in surrounding counties to search their land and report back.

The drone is expected to help with the search of vast tracts of land in the country.

The search of Wednesday also included U.S. Route 29, outside of Charlottesville, where another woman reportedly disappeared.

The search follows reports that Virginia State Police found a "new forensic link" between the Graham case and the death of Morgan Harrington, a 20-year-old Virginia Tech student, who went missing after attending a Metallica concert in Charlottesville in October 2009.

Harrington was last seen hitchhiking along U.S. Route 29, and her remains were found on a farm months later.

Almost from the start, speculation was raised about the possibility of a connection between Graham's disappearance and Harrington's death.

No arrests have been made in Harrington's case, and the cause of her death is still under investigation.

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #772 on: October 01, 2014, 08:55:10 PM »

http://abcnews.go.com/US/arrest-missing-uva-student-hannah-graham-virginia-cops/story?id=25895034

UVA Abduction Suspect Jesse Matthew Accused of Sexual Assault While At College
Oct 1, 2014, 3:04 PM ET
By MEGHAN KENEALLY

The suspect charged with abducting University of Virginia student Hannah Graham was accused of sexual assault while at college, according to a report the school released today.

Christopher Newport University made public a "criminal incident information" report that stated Jesse Matthew was investigated for an alleged sexual assault on campus that occurred Sept. 7, 2003.

The school said in a statement that it initially declined to release the report, but said, "The success of the criminal investigation is paramount at this time. The university has consulted with the Virginia State Police again today, and we are now releasing the following non-exempt 'criminal incident information.'"

The report said the alleged sexual assault took place on the school's campus and was investigated the university police's Capt. Scott Austin. No injuries were reported in connection to the alleged assault, the report said.

It does not indicate whether any criminal charges were filed. Calls to the Newport News police station were not immediately returned, but previous criminal records searches revealed that Matthew has never been charged with sexual assault. Attempts to reach Matthew's attorney, Jim Camblos, were not immediately returned.

CNU spokeswoman Lori Jacobs said that federal student record privacy laws "limit the information we can provide."

The report notes that Matthew quit the school's football team five days after the alleged assault and left the school on Oct. 15.

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #773 on: October 01, 2014, 11:04:35 PM »

https://twitter.com/JoeStGeorge/status/517420234643623938

Joe St. George @JoeStGeorge  ·  6h 6 hours ago

Breaking: Former coworkers at Martha Jefferson House tell me #JesseMatthew's girlfriend of 4 years broke up w/him 2 months ago #HannahGraham

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #774 on: October 01, 2014, 11:29:18 PM »

http://www.roanoke.com/news/local/blacksburg/virginia-tech-lends-drones-to-search-for-hannah-graham/article_bb940777-87fc-55cb-8435-21a0a3693c67.html

Virginia Tech lends drones to search for Hannah Graham

Posted: Wednesday, October 1, 2014 4:28 pm

By Jacob Demmitt jacob.demmitt@roanoke.com 381-1661

Virginia Tech drones have taken to the skies in Albemarle County to help police in the search for missing University of Virginia student Hannah Graham.

Police first reached out to Tech’s drone experts a couple of days ago asking for help as they try to comb through some “tough terrain,” according to Tech’s Mid-Atlantic Aviation Partnership Director Rose Mooney.

The Federal Aviation Administration granted emergency permission in just a couple of hours, and all the details were worked out in just a couple of days.

Mooney said Tech’s team arrived with two drones Wednesday afternoon.

The drones, a DJI F550 and Aeryon SkyRanger, both look like helicopters with multiple rotors and are equipped with traditional and infrared cameras.

According to the SkyRanger’s brochure, it’s a military-grade unmanned aircraft system capable of flying and transmitting high definition video for about 50 minutes at a time.

Mooney said the drones are able to fly lower than manned aircraft, which will give them a better look at the ground below.

They plan to stay for as long as they’re useful.

“We believe this is a high priority,” Mooney said. “This is important work. That’s what UAS are very good at and we’re very happy we are able to assist here and we’re hoping we’re able to help them find something that’s significant to find Hannah. It’s all about finding Hannah.”

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #775 on: October 02, 2014, 05:27:47 AM »

October 2, 2014 Tweets
https://twitter.com/8news

8News WRIC Richmond @8NEWS  ·  9m 9 minutes ago
#JesseMatthew is in court this morning. @Evanne8News is live with more on #GMR. http://www.wric.com/story/26684728/jesse-matthew-to-appear-in-court-this-morning

8News WRIC Richmond ‏@8NEWS  1h1 hour ago
Good morning #RVA! #JesseMatthew is in court today. Join @Morgan8news & @Amanda8News on #GMR for the latest. Watch: http://WRIC.com/livestream

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #776 on: October 02, 2014, 09:10:13 AM »

October 2, 2014 Tweets
https://twitter.com/NBC29

NBC29 @NBC29  ·  2m 2 minutes ago
JUST IN : @HenryGraff reports: #jessematthew hearing on reckeless driving charges continued until 12/1 which is a control date for that case

NBC29 @NBC29  ·  4m 4 minutes ago
#JesseMatthew is scheduled to appear in Albemarle General District Court this morning on 2 reckless driving charges. Details to come

NBC29 @NBC29  ·  3h 3 hours ago
Jesse Matthew was due in Charlottesville court this morning, but his hearing's been delayed. We'll explain why on your #NewsatSunrise.

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #777 on: October 02, 2014, 09:12:13 AM »

October 2, 2014 Tweets
https://twitter.com/TReesShapiro

T. Rees Shapiro @TReesShapiro  ·  4m 4 minutes ago
Jesse Matthew speeding case continued to Dec. 1.

T. Rees Shapiro @TReesShapiro  ·  1h 1 hour ago
Jesse L. Matthew Jr. on the docket at the Albemarle County General District Court. http://instagram.com/p/tpmzRYhSeV/

T. Rees Shapiro retweeted
 Post Local @postlocal  ·  1h 1 hour ago
Suspect in U-Va. abduction accused of sex assault at 2 colleges he attended http://wapo.st/1yAjeA2

T. Rees Shapiro @TReesShapiro  ·  2h 2 hours ago
Reporters already gathering outside of the Albemarle County courthouse where Jesse Matthew will appear… http://instagram.com/p/tpikTSBSYF/

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #778 on: October 02, 2014, 09:16:23 AM »

Here's the information I was looking for.  Originally, Jesse Matthew was to appear via video conference. 

October 2, 2014 Tweets
https://twitter.com/Evanne8News

Evanne Armour retweeted
 Marcella Robertson @13MarcellaRob  ·  6m 6 minutes ago
JUST IN: #JesseMatthew court appearance on reckless driving charge continued to Dec. 1st. @13NewsNow

Evanne Armour @Evanne8News  ·  4m 4 minutes ago
#JesseMatthew's reckless driving court appearance has been pushed back to December 1. Did not appear via video conference in court. @8NEWS

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #779 on: October 02, 2014, 09:38:12 AM »

October 2, 2014 Tweets
https://twitter.com/MikeMurilloWTOP

Mike Murillo @MikeMurilloWTOP  ·  17m 17 minutes ago
#JesseMatthew and his atty did not appear in court. His atty exchanged emails with Ast. common wealth's atty asking for continuance. @WTOP

Charlottesville, VA
 Mike Murillo @MikeMurilloWTOP  ·  28m 28 minutes ago
Reckless driving case against #JesseMatthew has been continued to December 1. 2014. @WTOP

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.