March 18, 2024, 08:23:16 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: UVA Coed Hannah Elizabeth Graham Missing Since 9/13/14 in Charlottesville, VA#1  (Read 618955 times)
Sleeks
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #840 on: October 09, 2014, 07:29:02 PM »

MuffyBee & cw618 thank you for the "welcome backs".

I just could not believe my eyes when reading that article tonight.  I have been praying that Hannah will be found.  Her parents are so wonderful and gracious throughout this whole ordeal.  I think my personality would be at the jail where he is being held and beating the truth right out of him.  

I know some of the wooded areas I drive through on my way to and from work, though I am not in Va.  I can safely say in the smaller area I am talking about - it is massive.   I cannot imagine what a search is like in that area.

2 + 2 Is Always 4 !!!

Any More Questions???
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #841 on: October 09, 2014, 07:30:31 PM »

Well, whoops.  I quoted several of Sleeks & CW's posts from here in Hannah's thread over in Morgan Harrington's thread, because they were pertinent.  And somehow in the process, I quoted the above.  Gah!! 

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #842 on: October 09, 2014, 07:32:00 PM »

MuffyBee & cw618 thank you for the "welcome backs".

I just could not believe my eyes when reading that article tonight.  I have been praying that Hannah will be found.  Her parents are so wonderful and gracious throughout this whole ordeal.  I think my personality would be at the jail where he is being held and beating the truth right out of him.  

I know some of the wooded areas I drive through on my way to and from work, though I am not in Va.  I can safely say in the smaller area I am talking about - it is massive.   I cannot imagine what a search is like in that area.

It used to seem so simple to call a cab for one's self or for a friend.  Not anymore.    

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
Sleeks
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #843 on: October 09, 2014, 07:35:27 PM »

Muffy Bee - it is all good because wherever someone is reading - they will see it.  

I am so upset with the colleges.  Why when someone is "accused" of a rape, it is not pressed for the unfortunate girl to really follow through and press charges.  

Do these schools want and need athletes so badly???  We are going to put at risk our young women?

2 + 2 Is Always 4 !!!

Any More Questions???
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #844 on: October 09, 2014, 08:44:06 PM »

THE JESSE MATTHEW/MORGAN HARRINGTON CONNECTION?

Cops Say Whoever Killed Morgan Harrington Knew Tricky Farm Area
Feb. 4, 2010

<snipped>

Anchorage Farm is in Albemarie County about 10 miles south of where Harrington was last seen a a Metallica concert.

Virginia State Police Lt. Joe Rader asked at a press conference today for people who live in the area to alert investigators to whoever was familiar with the roads and terrain there.

Rader said investigators believe the person or persons responsibile for Harrington's murder was familiar with the area on Anchorage Farm where the 20-year-old's body was found.

<snipped>

http://abcnews.go.com/US/morgan-harringtons-killer-knew-obstacles-farm-area/story?id=9749253

H/T - Texasmom

Company Information

DBA Jesse L Matthew Jr
2480 Ponderosa Trl
Charlottesville, Virginia 22903-7829
United States

http://companies.findthebest.com/l/24782991/Dba-Jesse-L-Matthew-Jr-in-Charlottesville-VA

https://www.google.com/maps/dir/2480+Ponderosa+Trail,+Charlottesville,+VA+22903,+USA/Anchorage+Farm+Rd/@37.9880316,-78.6210116,12z/data=!4m13!4m12!1m5!1m1!1s0x89b3847d40ca9549:0xc60cff57b85474e0!2m2!1d-78.5557989!2d37.968865!1m5!1m1!1s0x89b3825359292be1:0x66b1b0eb019c9afa!2m2!1d-78.6125319!2d37.9786118

On January 26, 2010 Morgan Harrington's remains were found on rural property less that 7 miles from property registered to Jesse Matthew.  Jesse Matthew had been question by investigators in 2009.  If only the dots have been connected?

Janet

++++++

Details Emerge about Matthew on Night of Harrington Disappearance
Oct 09, 2014

<snipped>

One taxi driver says a Charlottesville detective told him back in 2009 Morgan got into a cab the night she vanished. ....

We learned that authorities interviewed Matthew in 2009, following Harrington's disappearance, along with dozens of other cab drivers working on October 17. ....

Dan Harrington, Morgan's father, released a statement Thursday, saying,"This is what we hoped for, that more pieces of the puzzle would come together. ...."

<snipped>

http://www.nbc29.com/story/26747974/details-emerge-about-matthew-on-night-of-harrington-disappearance

Loving Natalee - Beth Holloway
Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #845 on: October 09, 2014, 08:54:20 PM »

The official police press release eleven days following Morgan's disappearance did not mention anything about a cab.  Why?

++++

Timeline detailing Harrington disappearance released
Oct 28, 2009

<snipped>

Details listed in the police press release:

Interviews with various arena staff and other people in the vicinity of the arena that night have placed a young woman matching Miss Harrington's description outside the facility from approximately 8:30 p.m. to approximately 9:30 p.m.:

8:20 - 8:30 p.m. - Miss Harrington is outside the arena near the main entrance and is attempting to re-enter the arena, but is told that arena policy requires her to have a ticket stub to do so.

8:30 - 8:48 p.m. - Witnesses recall seeing a woman fitting Miss Harrington's description outside the arena at various locations.

8:48 p.m. - Miss Harrington talks to her friends by cell phone.

8:48 - 9:00 p.m. - Additional sightings of her outside the arena are reported.

9:00 - 9:10 p.m. - Miss Harrington is seen walking through the University Hall parking lot towards Lannigan Field.

9:10 - 9:20 p.m. - Individuals report seeing Miss Harrington walking in the grassy, overflow parking lot at Lannigan Field. The lot is often used for RV parking.

9:20 - 9:30 p.m. - She is seen walking on the Copeley Road railroad bridge, between Ivy Road and the track at Lannigan Field. Investigators are asking for anyone who might have seen a young woman fitting Miss Harrington's description getting into a vehicle around this time or later to contact police. Also, anyone who might recall seeing a vehicle randomly stopped in the roadway on Copeley Road that night is asked to notify police.

http://www.nbc12.com/story/11398573/timeline-detailing-harrington-disappearance-released

Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #846 on: October 09, 2014, 09:39:44 PM »

Could it be that LE seized the cab from the property registered Jesse Matthews ... property that is less than seven miles from where Morgan Harrington's remains were found.

Janet

+++++

Hannah Graham kidnap suspect Jesse Matthew worked as cab driver night Morgan Harrington vanished in 2009
October 9, 2014

CNN reported Thursday evening that Jesse Matthew, the man behind bars accused of abducting missing University of Virginia student Hannah Graham, was working as a cab driver the night murdered Virginia Tech student Morgan Harrington disappeared.

Employees of the now-defunct Charlottesville cab company called Access told investigators that Matthew was working the night of Oct. 17, 2009, when Harrington was seen getting into a cab after leaving a Metallica concert at John Paul Jones Arena at U.Va.

The 20-year-old Harrington's body was found several months later on a rural farm in Albemarle County.

No arrests have been made in her case, but state police recently said forensic evidence links the 32-year-old Matthew and the Harrington disappearance.

A source with knowledge of the investigation told CNN that the cab Matthew drove in 2009 was seized by authorities from a farm in Albemarle County two weeks ago.

<snipped>

http://www.wjla.com/articles/2014/10/hannah-graham-kidnap-suspect-jesse-matthew-worked-as-cab-driver-night-morgan-harrington-vanished-in-.html

_____

Samantha
Scared Monkey

« Reply #847 on: October 09, 2014, 09:54:09 PM »

I'm wondering if he owned the cab.

Police seize cab of man linked to 2009 death, recent Hannah Graham case
POSTED 9:08 PM, OCTOBER 9, 2014, BY CNN WIRE

Around that time, Matthew was a private contractor for the owner of a local, now-defunct cab company called Access.

Police have spoken to several cab drivers who worked with Matthew then, the source with knowledge of the investigation said.

Previously, Matthew had worked for at least one other Charlottesville taxi company — Yellow Cab — according to its owner Mark Brown. He had a license to operate a taxi in the Virginia city from 2005 to 2010, according to Todd Divers, Charlottesville’s commissioner of revenue.

http://myfox8.com/2014/10/09/police-seize-cab-of-man-linked-to-2009-death-recent-hannah-graham-case/
Samantha
Scared Monkey

« Reply #848 on: October 09, 2014, 10:06:15 PM »

I don't know how taxi companies work.. Like if you can own the car but work for the company(or why one would do that). Just that it would make more sense if the cab ended up being abandoned or something... If he was the owner and not the company.

Also, I agree that if they said she was getting into a cab that night, and they questioned cabbies and even him.. I'm surprised they never got a DNA test for him even secretly.. (since articles have even said friends told him he looked like the sketch and that he'd get upset about it.. So he had a couple potentially linking him to both Morgan and the rape case.)

I hate second guessing but I just think of those that could have been protected from him if he had been caught.
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #849 on: October 09, 2014, 10:17:20 PM »

I don't know how taxi companies work.. Like if you can own the car but work for the company(or why one would do that). Just that it would make more sense if the cab ended up being abandoned or something... If he was the owner and not the company.

Also, I agree that if they said she was getting into a cab that night, and they questioned cabbies and even him.. I'm surprised they never got a DNA test for him even secretly.. (since articles have even said friends told him he looked like the sketch and that he'd get upset about it.. So he had a couple potentially linking him to both Morgan and the rape case.)

I hate second guessing but I just think of those that could have been protected from him if he had been caught.

_____

Samantha
Scared Monkey

« Reply #850 on: October 09, 2014, 10:27:53 PM »

I'm wondering if he owned the cab.

Police seize cab of man linked to 2009 death, recent Hannah Graham case
POSTED 9:08 PM, OCTOBER 9, 2014, BY CNN WIRE

Around that time, Matthew was a private contractor for the owner of a local, now-defunct cab company called Access.

Police have spoken to several cab drivers who worked with Matthew then, the source with knowledge of the investigation said.

Previously, Matthew had worked for at least one other Charlottesville taxi company — Yellow Cab — according to its owner Mark Brown. He had a license to operate a taxi in the Virginia city from 2005 to 2010, according to Todd Divers, Charlottesville’s commissioner of revenue.

http://myfox8.com/2014/10/09/police-seize-cab-of-man-linked-to-2009-death-recent-hannah-graham-case/

Sorry for all the posts.. It's just the terms "private contractor" is making me think he may have owned his car. Tying to find an official state page about taxi laws or something. All I'm finding is either another state or not official enough for my liking Smile. Also it seems a lot of companies try to call the drivers independent contractors in order to deflect responsibility in case of an accident (although it doesn't work)

(California)
"Taxicab drivers typically operate taxicabs under one of three business arrangements.
1. The taxicab company acknowledges the driver as an employee.
2. The driver owns and operates the taxicab, independently arranges fares, and personally pays for required licenses, permits, and insurance.
3. The driver performs services as a lease driver on either a fixed-fee or percentage-of-receipts basis."
http://www.edd.ca.gov/pdf_pub_ctr/de231tc.pdf

(An attorney's site)
"Cab drivers either work as independent contractors who own their own vehicles or are employed by a taxi cab company."
http://www.driscollpc.com/practice-areas/taxi-cab-accidents
Samantha
Scared Monkey

« Reply #851 on: October 09, 2014, 10:35:22 PM »

Nevermind. I'm a dork.. It could just have been left because the company is now defunct . I'm sure the investigators would have known if he owned it. Sorry about that... Got myself all worked up. Smile
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

ARUBA: It's all about Natalee...we won't give up!

« Reply #852 on: October 09, 2014, 11:26:46 PM »

http://www.newsplex.com/home/headlines/VSP-Inaccurate-Information-Released-Regarding-the-Hannah-Graham-Investigation-278746261.html

VSP: Inaccurate Information Released About Morgan Harrington's Disappearance

Posted: Thu 10:25 PM, Oct 09, 2014

October 9, 2014

Several media outlets allegedly reported Jesse Matthew, Jr., was interviewed back in 2009 in connection to Morgan Harrington's disappearance, which State Police say never occurred.

Virginia State Police released the following statement regarding today's inaccurate information:

"Right now the disappearance and death of Morgan are the core focus of the Virginia State Police investigation. Release of information from anyone other than the Virginia State Police concerning this case is not official nor factually confirmed."

I stand with the girl, Natalee Holloway.

"I can look back over the past 10 years and there were no steps wasted, and there are no regrets,'' she said. "I did all I knew to do and I think that gives me greater peace now." "I've lived every parent's worst nightmare and I'm the parent that nobody wants to be," she said.

Beth Holloway, 2015 interview with Greta van Susteren
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

ARUBA: It's all about Natalee...we won't give up!

« Reply #853 on: October 09, 2014, 11:58:11 PM »

http://www.nbc29.com/story/26747974/details-emerge-about-matthew-on-night-of-harrington-disappearance

We learned that authorities interviewed Matthew in 2009, following Harrington's disappearance, along with dozens of other cab drivers working on October 17. Virginia State Police say they did not interview Matthew.

I stand with the girl, Natalee Holloway.

"I can look back over the past 10 years and there were no steps wasted, and there are no regrets,'' she said. "I did all I knew to do and I think that gives me greater peace now." "I've lived every parent's worst nightmare and I'm the parent that nobody wants to be," she said.

Beth Holloway, 2015 interview with Greta van Susteren
darla
Monkey Junky

In Honor of my son Lt. Brandon W. Rollins LCSO.

« Reply #854 on: October 10, 2014, 08:09:16 AM »

Sleeks YW, welcome back

if the info in the article about the cab is right,when the cab co. reported
it gone/stolen that should have been a red flag

cw618 , is there n article anywhere about the cab going missing and when it disappeared? I saw some comments on the article that sleeks posted about the cab being stolen or hidden but nothing other than the cab had been found 2 weeks ago. TIA

You will never know that Faith in prayer is all you need,
until it is all you have left!
God Bless!
Sleeks
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #855 on: October 10, 2014, 09:18:17 AM »

I am starting to wonder if the forensic evidence they have on JLM that links him to Morgan Harrington has to do with the authorities finding that cab '2 weeks ago' according to the article I read, or if it had to do with items taken out of his apartment.

What is mind boogling to me (I suppose it shouldn't be) is why is he NOT talking?  I guess you cannot expect sick people to do the right thing. 

2 + 2 Is Always 4 !!!

Any More Questions???
Sleeks
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #856 on: October 10, 2014, 09:22:14 AM »

Another question I have read 2 conflicting reports, one said that authorities DID interview JLM during the Morgan Harrington investigation back in 2009, then another report said he was one of the cab drivers who was NOT interviewed. 

Can anyone clear this up for sure?

2 + 2 Is Always 4 !!!

Any More Questions???
Sleeks
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #857 on: October 10, 2014, 09:28:02 AM »

Here is a copy and paste from Newsplex.com and this says......

October 9, 2014

Virginia State Police say earlier today, several media outlets incorrectly reported unnamed "sources" regarding Morgan Harrington's disappearance.

Several media outlets reported Jesse Matthew, Jr., was interviewed back in 2009 in connection to Morgan Harrington's disappearance, which State Police say never occurred.

Virginia State Police released the following statement regarding today's inaccurate information:

"Right now the disappearance and death of Morgan are the core focus of the Virginia State Police investigation. Release of information from anyone other than the Virginia State Police concerning this case is not official nor factually confirmed."

2 + 2 Is Always 4 !!!

Any More Questions???
Sleeks
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #858 on: October 10, 2014, 09:57:19 AM »

I am also wondering and maybe someone posted something about this somewhere.   If so, my apologies for missing it.

If the LE investigated JLM's car shortly after, or let's say even a week after Hannah went missing.  If in the first couple of days he went back & forth to work as well as out and about.  Wouldn't it be possible for the authorities to somehow look into miles driven or even look into the vehicles records/receipts, last time he got an oil change, stopped for gas, etc. 

I am sure we have a fantastic group of FBI and local LE that can do some math here and perhaps that will give a better idea of just how close or far away he went with Hannah.   For zoning in on a more accurate search    I mean let's face it, he didn't fly her away, nor would he leave his car somewhere that he would have to go back and pick it up at a later time.  Especially in my opinion, I believe this is a guy who spent allot of "alone time" in his car.  Sure he would end up at a local bar/restaurant - but between his years as a cab driver, and then just as an average person using their vehicle to get places, I just cannot see him not using the vehicle.

I would think miles can be back tracked. 

2 + 2 Is Always 4 !!!

Any More Questions???
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

RIP Grumpy Cat :( I will miss you.

« Reply #859 on: October 10, 2014, 11:45:08 AM »

I am not sure.

Brothers and Sisters, I bid you beware/Of giving your heart to a dog to tear  -- Rudyard Kipling

One who doesn't trust is never deceived...

'I remained too much inside my head and ended up losing my mind' -Edgar Allen Poe
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.